Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:14:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure  (Read 65625 times)
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2008, 05:57:54 PM »

He took it upon himself to say that Scott was given the cold shoulder but that isn't good enough for you.

Don't you think there's a reason for why things got that far?

You can't fucking expect all of us to buy the "Scott's a junkie" excuse when we know how Slash acts.

So you say Slash is a liar , we all lie. But of course don't make it "personal" right. You make it seem like Slash lies and lies and lies all the time.

Oh, so now we all lie.  Roll Eyes

Like Ali pointed out, if you lie to people and you're not honest with them, don't act surprised if you start having issues!

Do I think Scott has issues, yes.
Do I think Scott is innocent, no.
Do I think Slash is innocent, no.

Slash knew what Scott's reputation was. He saw it pretty early on in VR, but he didn't seem to mind when the album was selling.

The same guy who apparently was supporting Scott in February is now saying they were thinking about replacing him for the UK leg.

If Scott was feeling insecure about the GN'R connection, that's understandable for a guy who's not exactly an original. So what did Slash do? He kept talking about GN'R in almost every interview he did.

Then you have Slash lying to his band mates about where he went early one morning. That really must've made Scott trust Slash!

Add jealousy and egos to the mix and you got one hell of a soap opera.

All this shit does is to prove that these guys aren't just innocent bystanders.

/jarmo

Where exactly does Slash used the "junkie" excuse?? Of course he put up with crap when album sales where good,  because ALBUMS SALES WERE GOOD! It's a business. I still fail to see how supporting Scott and kicking him out are linked. You can support someone as a friend and tell them that band mates isn't working out. I've done it a couple times myself. He was asked about GN'R so he answered.  I never said they were innocent by-standers. But from your talking you make them seem to blame for everything.

Ali , whether or not he talked much or not. Have you ever heard Axl claim ANY type of responsibility for the bands demise? ( But then again its forbidden to bring Axl up in Slash convo's because then we are taking an easy way out right? )
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2008, 06:01:57 PM »

Ali , whether or not he talked much or not. Have you ever heard Axl claim ANY type of responsibility for the bands demise? ( But then again its forbidden to bring Axl up in Slash convo's because then we are taking an easy way out right? )

I haven't heard anything specific, but then again you can't deny that he hasn't addressed the topic anywhere near as much as Slash has.  Maybe now that more time has passed...who knows?

Ali
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2008, 06:02:04 PM »

Given Slash's comments - one-sided though they may be - it seems hard to believe they held on as long as they did.  I wonder how much of this was going on during the writing and recording of Libertad, if any?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2008, 06:11:10 PM »

Where exactly does Slash used the "junkie" excuse??

"When he came back, he was supposed to go to rehab, so we postponed our Austrailian tour but he didn't really go to rehab. That was the final blow."

As far as I know, you go to rehab when you have a problem with drugs or other substances?

Of course he put up with crap when album sales where good,  because ALBUMS SALES WERE GOOD! It's a business.

Exactly.

As long as you're making money with him in the band, the issues didn't matter.

What if they had mattered?

I still fail to see how supporting Scott and kicking him out are linked. You can support someone as a friend and tell them that band mates isn't working out.

Ok. Fair enough.

Do you think Slash will call Scott and ask him how he's doing?

Would you say Slash is supporting Scott like you're saying he could?

But from your talking you make them seem to blame for everything.

Read:

Do I think Scott is innocent, no.
Do I think Slash is innocent, no.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2008, 06:19:02 PM »

I still fail to see how supporting Scott and kicking him out are linked. You can support someone as a friend and tell them that band mates isn't working out.

"We basically didn't speak a word that whole time, we gave him the cold shoulder in the UK like nobody's business. "

Real supportive....

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2008, 06:36:35 PM »

Slash is nothing but trouble, trust me..

^
This guys knows..... hihi hihi hihi yes

Trust ME!

Shit all over the map, Solo stuff, band stuff, me and Loretian have some collaborations in the works. Once school ends May 1st, shits gonna happen.

On topic:

2nd time, same result, one has to start looking at Slash and Co. and asking maybe there is something wrong with them?

One should of looked at that Co. to start out with imo!  But, hey - I can be biased.

Shit all over the map, Solo stuff, band stuff, me and Loretian have some collaborations in the works. Once school ends May 1st, shits gonna happen.

On topic:

2nd time, same result, one has to start looking at Slash and Co. and asking maybe there is something wrong with them?

if you need something else than shit, contact me dude!
just wait till I get my gear rigged up and I'll serve you with better beats and song suggestions than you could ever have dreamed of.

on topic, nobody have to look at Slash and the guys...they're perfect.

Yes, they are precious little ducklings.  And Axl must be that ugly duckling the story was really written about.  Right?

Slash came off kind of arrogant, and sort of dickheadedish in this interview.

Sort of?  Seriously?  That guy must be a dick irl.  Wink

-

Didn't Slash say how their troubles in the past made them a stronger band, that it built character and it helped them to grow to be a better band?  I know isn't word for word, but that was his intention - right?  Now, Scott's out and Slash says that they were planning on getting rid of him anyway.  Easier to blame someone else, than to take responsibility.  To give someone as he so kindly put "the cold shoulder" is a very mature way to handle a band that he said loves its fans?  ok

Who put VR together?  Who chose what went in? Wasn't it, Slash?  I see this interview as a way that could shine some light on how he must really be, and not what he portrays on being in the publics' eye.  We all know that he has lied in the past, more than once in many different occasions.  Well, I suppose I know more than most.  It's obnoxious that if something is said .. say about Axl, then it must be true and most is quick to judge, but if it's about Slash, no - that can't be, I want to see proof! 

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2008, 06:52:14 PM »

Slash wrote a book full of lies and people still bought it and turned it into a bestseller....and some even believed the things he said......It's like with America - at least 51% of the people must be idiots since they elected and re-elected Bush.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2008, 06:54:22 PM »

I asked if Slash was going to man up and take any of the blame in one of the other threads about vr breaking up, and I got attacked by the slash fans here. Looks like I was right when I said I didn't think he would. He never does, it's always someone else's fault; former singer, real estate agent, some bum on the street corner. It can never be slash's fault though, nope that's just not possible!  Roll Eyes
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2008, 07:07:00 PM »

Well, I think that some maturity and responsibility should come into play.  Doesn't mean that one must stop being a Slash fan.  But with everything that has been backed about things that were done or said should take into some sort of account.  And people portrayed as saints shouldn't be looked so innocently. 

Like someone so amazingly put, WE ALL LIE!

It's like, I wonder if they just throw idiotic ideas against stucco and whatever sticks, they choose it to run with.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 07:08:41 PM by Fernando » Logged

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2008, 07:11:33 PM »

Well, I think that some maturity and responsibility should come into play.  Doesn't mean that one must stop being a Slash fan.  But with everything that has been backed about things that were done or said should take into some sort of account.  And people portrayed as saints shouldn't be looked so innocently. 

Like someone so amazingly put, WE ALL LIE!

It's like, I wonder if they just throw idiotic ideas against stucco and whatever sticks, they choose it to run with.

Well said.

We all make mistakes, too.  Rare is the situation where all a relationship's problems and the subsequent blame for that relationship's eventual demise can be fairly attributed a single person.

Ali
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2008, 07:23:15 PM »

The only surprising thing about this interview is that Slash went against his carefully crafted image and actually admitted to acting this way instead of putting forth the "too cool for school, just wants to play real rock n roll" stuff that he usually does

But really, he's proven to be a compulsive liar, and shows many traits of a textbook narcissist.  He had a falling out with Axl in GnR and acted like everything that went poorly with the old Guns lineup was Axl's fault, but then the bands he's been in since then that he started fell apart and the people left on bad terms.  The second Snakepit lineup had a major falling out and it was all Rod Jackson's fault.  Velvet Revolver has a major falling out and it's all Weiland. 

A lot of people have bought Slash's public image hook, line, and sinker, and refuse to see all the telltale signs that beneath it all he routinely lies and changes his story, and shows a lot of the signs of narcissism and an egomaniac
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2008, 07:41:14 PM »

The only surprising thing about this interview is that Slash went against his carefully crafted image and actually admitted to acting this way instead of putting forth the "too cool for school, just wants to play real rock n roll" stuff that he usually does

But really, he's proven to be a compulsive liar, and shows many traits of a textbook narcissist.  He had a falling out with Axl in GnR and acted like everything that went poorly with the old Guns lineup was Axl's fault, but then the bands he's been in since then that he started fell apart and the people left on bad terms.  The second Snakepit lineup had a major falling out and it was all Rod Jackson's fault.  Velvet Revolver has a major falling out and it's all Weiland. 

A lot of people have bought Slash's public image hook, line, and sinker, and refuse to see all the telltale signs that beneath it all he routinely lies and changes his story, and shows a lot of the signs of narcissism and an egomaniac

Seems to me Snakepit 1 was his most stable band.  Maybe that is the band that should be reunited!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2008, 08:55:19 PM »

I hate when anyone doesn't take responsibility or fault.

Its like Scott was the sole problem in the band.

Slash has no backbone.

He didnt want to do "Cant get it out of my head" but guess what? He caved because thats what he does.

He doesnt like goin on late but never once confronted Axl or Scott.

He waits till they have parted ways to say shit about them

that is being a pussy

Not man enough to say shit to their faces.

That being said, I still love slash and think he is the greatest guitarist alive.

But once again, U dont have to support everything someone does to be a fan

A true fan calls the artist out on their shit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2008, 10:05:12 PM »

I asked if Slash was going to man up and take any of the blame in one of the other threads about vr breaking up, and I got attacked by the slash fans here. Looks like I was right when I said I didn't think he would. He never does, it's always someone else's fault; former singer, real estate agent, some bum on the street corner. It can never be slash's fault though, nope that's just not possible!  Roll Eyes

But you still have not ONE ouce of proof that is was Slash's fault... so you're still talking from your ass if you think he should accept blame.  I'm not saying he shouldn't ... I don't know Slash.  Nor do you.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2008, 10:06:57 PM »

You aren't the 'fan' you say you are then man ... The whole fucking band confronted Axl over the lateness time and time again... and the Scott thing, you don't know what he did... Saying this just makes you sound like you're an angry HTGTH loser.  Come on, I thought better of you than that.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2008, 10:14:41 PM »

It's about not shifting all the blame for a situation not working out onto someone else.

Ali

Not taking sides (because I don't believe much that comes outta Slash's mouth and he should just learn to shut the hell up sometimes) but playing Devils advocate.

Has either of the singers Slash's worked with ever taken any responsibility for anything detrimental either?  Has either one of them
ever stepped up and taken blame for anything negative
that's happened with either their former band(s) or incarnations of?

I seem to remember a few ill advised, finger pointing press releases.

Point being:

I can't remember anyone involved ever handling bandmates leaving/being fired etc in a professional manner..

Great posts.  People have to understand that most of these people have never had to grow up past the age of 17/18.  They're not models for maturity or how to handle delicate situations.  The day Axl, Slash, Scott or any rock n' roll star becomes my barometer for how to be responsible and take ownership for mistakes is the day I look to China for human rights.

They're all little children in a certain respect, let's not expect anything else out of their behaviour.

Cheers,

Andrew
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 10:18:45 PM by downzy56 » Logged

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2008, 11:08:37 PM »

That's a fair point, but with regards to singer #1 (let's call him that), I have a better question:

How much have you heard him say in the last decade and a half, at all?  Smiley

At least regards to his professional relationship with Slash.  Though I do remember in Rollingstone he said it was like a "divorce".  And with another skilled  lead guitarist who left the band, he said that he "may have done (band X) a disservice and unintentionally allowed (band X) to be put in this position."

That's all I remember.  Is it close to what you were describing as accepting responsibility?  Depends on your perspective.

With Mr. Weiland, there is still time for him to chime in and accept some blame.  Maybe he will

Ali

What does it matter how many times he's brought it up. If anything that's hiding from the issue.
If you think that that was close to 'accepting responsibility' (which it was far from) then how is this interview with Slash any different? He is basically saying that he and the other guys drove Scott out by ostrasizing him. Do you people want him to say 'I am responsible'? None would ever say that. If you split up with an ex would you say a week after it happened 'it was all my fault, I am responsible for it fucking up' much less in a public forum? Doubt it. Slash said a reason for the split was tension, and he all but admited straight out that he added to that tension intentionally. If that isn't stating responsibility I don't know what is! I don't know how fucking clearer you want it!
Fuck, for people who are so obsessed with not reading into things on another section of this forum, you sure do get your fill here.

Sometimes I reckon all of the usual people who obviously have no interest in VR come into these threads just to get their bitching and moaning out of their system.
"Oh, there is a new Slash interview... Don't people know that Slash lies? I must tell them!" Yes we do get it. So why don't you people keep a lid on it for once and stay out and stop fucking up topics by throwing sparks on fuel trying to instigate fights?
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2008, 11:21:47 PM »

I hate when anyone doesn't take responsibility or fault.

Its like Scott was the sole problem in the band.

Slash has no backbone.

He didnt want to do "Cant get it out of my head" but guess what? He caved because thats what he does.

He waits till they have parted ways to say shit about them

that is being a pussy

Not man enough to say shit to their faces.

That being said, I still love slash and think he is the greatest guitarist alive.

But once again, U dont have to support everything someone does to be a fan

A true fan calls the artist out on their shit.

^If Slash or Duff doesn't confront them they are Spineless and pussies. If Matt does he is an arrogant prick. Yeah exactly. You haven't been in a band you have NO idea how it works. You put up with crap like that to keep it going.

He didn't want to do NR or Estranged , but those become some of his stable songs. It's not really caving in , it's make choices as a BAND.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2008, 11:39:01 PM »

If u cant see the difference between Estranged/NR and Cant Get it Out of My Head then u must have been kidnapped by aliens and given a lobotomy.

The one thing I hate is nutswingers *oh this guy is perfect, oh that gu y is perfect.

It disgusts me on both ends. I hate when people do it with Axl and I hate when people do it with Slash.

saying a guy is at fault or is wrong every once in awhile is not taking away the fact u are a fan.

Bon Jovi does a country album......... I say its a horrible fuckin idea and Jon has lost his mind. I still support him and the band though, but I dont agree.

Its really easy to have a mind of your own and to give honest opinions.

I am a person who is right down the middle and doesnt worship one way or the other. Axl is my hero but if he does something I dont agree with, I say so........ Slash is equally my hero but if he does something I dont agree with, yes u better believe I am gonna disagree and let that be known.

Scott has issues. they know it, and they have their own issues. Slash had to check into rehab for Oxy use, so Scott has problems and they get mad at him? That is hypocritical and complete bullshit.

U have a problem with someone, u solve it, u dont give them the cold shoulder like an 8 year old. that only compounds the problems.

Matt Sorum isn't an arrogant prick for confronting Axl, he is an arrogant prick for many more reasons than that.

On the subject, Matt Sorum even said that they would have this speech of confronting axl, he'd walk towards Axl's dressing room and Duff and SLash would run the other way.

Great musicians, my heroes, but they are spineless which is why they are no longer in GNR and now VR is completely fucked.

Scott has a lot of fault but Slash and Co acting like its all his fault is bullshit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ali
Legend

« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2008, 11:51:31 PM »

That's a fair point, but with regards to singer #1 (let's call him that), I have a better question:

How much have you heard him say in the last decade and a half, at all?  Smiley

At least regards to his professional relationship with Slash.  Though I do remember in Rollingstone he said it was like a "divorce".  And with another skilled  lead guitarist who left the band, he said that he "may have done (band X) a disservice and unintentionally allowed (band X) to be put in this position."

That's all I remember.  Is it close to what you were describing as accepting responsibility?  Depends on your perspective.

With Mr. Weiland, there is still time for him to chime in and accept some blame.  Maybe he will

Ali

What does it matter how many times he's brought it up. If anything that's hiding from the issue.
If you think that that was close to 'accepting responsibility' (which it was far from) then how is this interview with Slash any different? He is basically saying that he and the other guys drove Scott out by ostrasizing him. Do you people want him to say 'I am responsible'? None would ever say that. If you split up with an ex would you say a week after it happened 'it was all my fault, I am responsible for it fucking up' much less in a public forum? Doubt it. Slash said a reason for the split was tension, and he all but admited straight out that he added to that tension intentionally. If that isn't stating responsibility I don't know what is! I don't know how fucking clearer you want it!
Fuck, for people who are so obsessed with not reading into things on another section of this forum, you sure do get your fill here.

Sometimes I reckon all of the usual people who obviously have no interest in VR come into these threads just to get their bitching and moaning out of their system.
"Oh, there is a new Slash interview... Don't people know that Slash lies? I must tell them!" Yes we do get it. So why don't you people keep a lid on it for once and stay out and stop fucking up topics by throwing sparks on fuel trying to instigate fights?

I don't understand at all what the first statement means.  Axl not addressing the issue isn't hiding from it when he doesn't speak much at all about ANYTHING.  It isn't like he's selectively avoiding one issue.

And I what said about accepting responsibility was in regards to the mask-wearing guitarist quitting, not Slash.  He admitted he did the rest of the band a disservice by going out of his way to accommodate Bucket.  Yes, that to me is accepting responsibility for the effects of your actions.

Like I said before, and yes, I'll restate this because you apparently missed it, it isn't about admitting you did something, it's about caring that you did.  Do you really think he cared about giving Scott the cold shoulder on the Euro tour when he knew Scott was going to be fired?

I don't think so.  He added to the tension and didn't care, at best, or at worst, took pleasure in it in as a passive aggressive move.

Slash has had problems with three singers.  He has been the only constant in those situations.  That says something if not about him, about the way he operates in a band situation.

Ali
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 11:56:57 PM by Ali » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: