Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:47:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Label has finished Guns N' Roses album?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Label has finished Guns N' Roses album?  (Read 61619 times)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2008, 09:05:33 AM »

So is there some legitamacy to the reality show thing after all?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2008, 09:10:33 AM »

They're all referencing the same article.

I'm sure some TV executives would love to make a show about Axl just like they've done shows about Ozzy, Gene and so on.

That doesn't mean Axl's going to be on one any time soon.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
eze
Headliner

Tough times never last... tough people do!

« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2008, 09:14:55 AM »

Yes I saw the same thing. It was solid red with no lettering. They also advertised another site has their source Sad
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2008, 09:46:07 AM »

Well, the timing would be good with the Olympics and all!!!  The olympics will suck this year anyway. 
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2008, 10:28:04 AM »

w?ll the press is all over Axl/Gnr again time to use it. or at least someone should tell them they are all over the news pretty big also world wide.....

so.... The tv show get's bit by bit Realistic. 

and RObin out 2.
cause he'll be playing NIN till september and more dates to be anounced.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2008, 10:42:38 AM »

Well, the timing would be good with the Olympics and all!!!  The olympics will suck this year anyway. 

maybe Axl was waiting for the Olympics in China to happen!  Grin Who knows? There?s no perfect timing than this year afterall...

btw, this news is really going all around the world... I was just watching the news on national television and ithere it was "Guns N? Roses have finished the album Chinese Democracy"... it?s everywhere!  peace

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2008, 10:59:25 AM »

Cool  Smiley  maybe we'll see the album this year and if not, fine too lol, I'm over the whole bitching and whining about it
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 11:01:02 AM by DarkFairy » Logged

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2008, 11:02:09 AM »

really Ines? where? TVI? SIC? RTP?

Chinese Democracy!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2008, 11:13:25 AM »

SIC!  Grin

mas apareceu só em rodapé...!  ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2008, 12:11:21 PM »

SIC!  Grin

mas apareceu s? em rodap?...!  ok

EAE!

We need some oficial news !!!!!!
Smiley

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2008, 12:41:46 PM »

WOW that got deleted quick?  and for what reason?  It looks like its finally shaping up, bring on the album in 08 baby.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2008, 12:59:48 PM »

WOW that got deleted quick?  and for what reason?  It looks like its finally shaping up, bring on the album in 08 baby.

Why is it that people who know that we don't discuss certain things here, still like to mention them and then act all innocent when the post is removed?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2008, 02:15:54 PM »

They're all referencing the same article.

I'm sure some TV executives would love to make a show about Axl just like they've done shows about Ozzy, Gene and so on.

/jarmo

So all this is from the allyourtv.com "article"?  I guess if you tell people what they want to hear.

I just read another article where they are already asking Dr. Pepper to pony up. Cheesy

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2008, 02:25:01 PM »

So all this is from the allyourtv.com "article"?  I guess if you tell people what they want to hear.

I believe it was the first one mentioning Geffen having the album.

/jarmo

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2008, 02:27:35 PM »

Yeah. I don't see Axl whoring himself out for reality television anytime soon. He's not the type to do things just for the sake of being famous.

Anyway, I hope we are closer to CD, but if not, oh well.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2008, 02:33:31 PM »

I believe it was the first one mentioning Geffen having the album.

/jarmo

and the source was geffen according to them.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2008, 02:47:34 PM »

It's a featured story on Borders website too - accompanied by possibly one of the most unflattering photos of Slash I've seen in a long while.  Seems some people still haven't got a clue who's in the band.   no

Edited to add:  I haven't been checking all these reports that seem to have lead on from one another and so this might have been on the others as well, but the Borders site mention that CD is the first instalment in a trilogy.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 03:37:06 PM by cyllan » Logged

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2008, 02:57:59 PM »

^^From Idolator.com...

Every music site out there is a-twitter over a sentence that appeared in a TheRockRadio.com item about the possibility of Axl Rose entering the reality-TV game: "Sources at Rose's label, Geffen Records, said that a finished version of Chinese Democracy has been delivered to the company."

One wonders why would this news be delivered to the world via a Web site run by a couple of guys in Cyprus?sure, they have a weekly GNR-themed hour, but something tells me that won't suddenly result in Axl trusting them with his secrets.

And then one notices that TheRockRadio's speculation was directly lifted from an item about Axl's reality show from AllYourTV.com. You know, AllYourTV.com! Why a Web site that "focus[es] on just one subject?primetime and daytime television" is suddenly an authority on Axl Rose's messenger habits is beyond me; the fact that they ran with the NME's "Amy Winehouse on Dr. Who" April Fool's item on April 3 makes me even less inclined to go popping open those Dr. Pepper cans just yet.

AllYourTV editor responds to the Idolator story/their article:

?The Idolator? Is Pissy?Go Figure

Posted in From The Editors at 8:40 pm by Rick Ellis

I?ll be honest, I don?t read the ?Idolator? blog on a regular basis. Primarily because while I enjoy attitude over facts as much as the next person, reading it in post after post wears me out. And ?The Idolator? is like Dorothy Parker on meth. Lots of snarkiness and way too little interesting conversation.

So given that, I suppose I?m both flattered and annoyed that they?ve taken aim at AllYourTV

At first, I?m feeling good, because I think ?Hey, they?re actually supporting the little guy by pointing out that RockRadio.com just lifted the entire article, although they at least credited us at the top of the post.

Sigh. Okay, I?ll go through this slowly so the folks at Idolator can keep up.

I don?t claim to be an Axl Rose expert. But this is a reality TV show we?re talking about. And that?s something I do have some experience reporting about. As a matter of fact, everything in the article came from sources I either knew from my TV reporting, or from label sources that I was pointed to as a way of verifying the story.

I can write about an Axl Rose TV show and not actually be a Guns N? Roses expert. In the same way I could write about ?Dancing With The Stars? and not have a clue about how to do the Fox Trot.

As for the Amy Winehouse piece. Yeah, I got that it was fake. But it was a funny piece, and I thought the disclaimer at the bottom was obvious. Especially the part about us having to do the story two days late due to budgetary issues. But lots of people missed that, so I can?t really complain.

http://allyourtv.com/editorsblog/?p=33

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2008, 02:58:46 PM »

Hopefully it's just a big assumption as far as the reality show is concerned. What Ozzy agreed to let MTV do was atrocious, I think it really dumbed Ozzy's mystic down and replaced it with people thinking he was a bumbling idiot. If they did do one on GNR and Axl, I would hope it'd be one long documentary, like A&E or behind the music. As far as Geffen having the finished product, let's hope there aren't anymore issues holding it up, and if there are, hope that Irving Azoff and Andy Gould would be able to help out the right way not like Merck.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2008, 03:42:36 PM »

maybe Axl was waiting for the Olympics in China to happen!  Grin Who knows? There?s no perfect timing than this year afterall...

btw, this news is really going all around the world... I was just watching the news on national television and ithere it was "Guns N? Roses have finished the album Chinese Democracy"... it?s everywhere!  peace

there is a rumour going rond at the moment that says axl made a pact in 93' not to release another record until china got the olympics. when china got confirmed as host nation in 2001 it was when axl started to tour again........so people are saying the release date was figured out years ago, it was just a matter of time
as i say it is a rumour i have seen on the net and is not my own personal view.

edit: heres a link to the article
http://www.pastemagazine.com/action/article/7077/news/music/gnr_delivers_democracy_to_geffen_amidst_conspiracy
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 03:48:39 PM by wadey9 » Logged

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: