Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 12:39:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Label has finished Guns N' Roses album?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Label has finished Guns N' Roses album?  (Read 61694 times)
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2008, 04:26:40 PM »

funny how rumours spread so quickly... NME already adressed the "reality-show" one..  Roll Eyes 

As any Discworld afficionado knows, "A lie can run round the world before the truth has got its boots on."   Wink

I forget his username but a seemingly reliable poster over at mygnr claimed the album was handed over July 07

And that's gotta be an oxymoron if ever I heard one.   Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2008, 04:26:45 PM »

I posted both this link and this thread this morning, only to have it deleted within minutes.   I really do try to adhere to all board rules, but this one confuses me....?

Great to see this making the rounds, rumor or not.  Hopefully more good things will keep coming...
It wasn't deleted.  Try looking in the thread about it that says it's FAKE!  Roll Eyes

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=51389.msg1061940#msg1061940

I caught that, thanks.  I probably should have been more precise with my language.  I was confused as to why my initial thread and post were moved/merged, yet this thread - with the same information and links about the album being finished - is allowed to grow.  I don't want to repeat my apparent misstep from earlier, hence my confusion.    beer

That said, it's hard to believe that this story/rumor isn't making the rounds at more places by now....more thank likely makes it all more "rumor" than "story."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 05:51:18 PM by bazgnr » Logged
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2008, 04:28:43 PM »

Geffen Records has reportedly been handed a finished Guns N' Roses album by Axl Rose.

The record, which has the working title Chinese Democracy, has been repeatedly delayed during the past 14 years.

Guns N' Roses' last studio album was 1993's The Spaghetti Incident. Soft drinks firm Dr Pepper recently said that if Rose released a record in 2008 they would give every American a free beverage.

According to TheRockRadio, Geffen is currently sorting out financial and legal issues with the frontman.

It is rumoured that Chinese Democracy may have cost over ?6.5 million to produce.

Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a93507/label-has-finished-guns-n-roses-album.html

This appears to be a spin off from the "Reality TV" article...

http://www.therockradio.com/

Link REMOVE... Thankz F.M.

HB K*

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2008, 04:41:02 PM »

Beta and Baz say it and everyone doubts it. Some source that's probably not reliable runs the story and we're excited?

snap. see the e online gossip thread.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2008, 05:30:17 PM »

^^From Idolator.com...

Every music site out there is a-twitter over a sentence that appeared in a TheRockRadio.com item about the possibility of Axl Rose entering the reality-TV game: "Sources at Rose's label, Geffen Records, said that a finished version of Chinese Democracy has been delivered to the company."

One wonders why would this news be delivered to the world via a Web site run by a couple of guys in Cyprus?sure, they have a weekly GNR-themed hour, but something tells me that won't suddenly result in Axl trusting them with his secrets.

And then one notices that TheRockRadio's speculation was directly lifted from an item about Axl's reality show from AllYourTV.com. You know, AllYourTV.com! Why a Web site that "focus[es] on just one subject?primetime and daytime television" is suddenly an authority on Axl Rose's messenger habits is beyond me; the fact that they ran with the NME's "Amy Winehouse on Dr. Who" April Fool's item on April 3 makes me even less inclined to go popping open those Dr. Pepper cans just yet.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2008, 05:48:43 PM »

the fact that they ran with the NME's "Amy Winehouse on Dr. Who" April Fool's item on April 3 makes me even less inclined to go popping open those Dr. Pepper cans just yet.

Haha, didn't hear that one; although I think that Blake's Seven would've been more appropriate.   Cheesy

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2008, 08:04:23 PM »

after NME, it made Perez Hilton: http://perezhilton.com/2008-04-10-finally-4

hehe I know... it?s a celebrities blog... but millions of people around the world check that website everyday... so it?s good publicity... I think....

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Speedy0587
Headliner

Go Bananas!

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2008, 08:45:54 PM »

If you go on Google and type Guns N Roses in their news feed, it basically the same couple of stories just repeated. Its nice to see that the name is out there though.

Smiley

Hey Jarmo
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2008, 09:12:27 PM »

this sounds like it could be something big!

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
Axl4eva
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2008, 09:12:34 PM »

although its old news to us its still good to here outside of these forums
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2008, 09:30:13 PM »

hehe I know... it?s a celebrities blog... but millions of people around the world check that website everyday... so it?s good publicity... I think....
I get the feeling they're just putting up those news articles, because someone else did... Kind of like the news reporter in a helicopter for Channel 3 that reports, "There was a major accident on the freeway! We got here as soon as we saw it on Channel 6".
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2008, 12:14:30 AM »

"for those of you who are waiting for the album...don't. Live your lives"
Someone said that at one time.......

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2008, 01:01:45 AM »

It's interesting how this seems to be garnering even more publicity for Axl and the band than even the Dr. Pepper press release. There's now a picture of Axl (for the moment) on the home page of KROQ (Los Angeles radio station) along with a brief article in their news section.

http://www.kroq.com/ 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2008, 01:25:52 AM »

From 411mania regarding this...

OK, as much as I do NOT buy the Guns N' Roses hype, Chinese Democracy faces absolutely NO promotional hurtles. The thing could be announced tomorrow, release at the beginning of May and go double platinum by June. Look at how people go nuts at the mere mention of Axl. Hell, every time he's involved in a news item, it's one of our top read posts of the day.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2008, 02:01:46 AM »

From 411mania regarding this...

OK, as much as I do NOT buy the Guns N' Roses hype, Chinese Democracy faces absolutely NO promotional hurtles. The thing could be announced tomorrow, release at the beginning of May and go double platinum by June. Look at how people go nuts at the mere mention of Axl. Hell, every time he's involved in a news item, it's one of our top read posts of the day.

Link?

Anyway, I think that this whole Robin business is a bunch of bantha fodder. Sorry, too much Star Wars as of late. But seriously. We've heard good news from Dr. Pepper, Azoff/Gould as the new management team, and the band and Axl working hard to make this album come to fruition. Whatever happens with the Robin situation, I believe in Axl's judgment and neither Guns N' Roses as a band or the fans will suffer in any way.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2008, 02:20:48 AM »

We're all so jaded, here, aren't we? 
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2008, 04:46:36 AM »

http://www.kroq.com/

smoking smoking smoking

HBK *

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 04:50:39 AM by HBK » Logged

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2008, 08:08:56 AM »

Attack of the Show did a whole story on it last night too.

Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2008, 08:18:12 AM »

We're all so jaded, here, aren't we? 

Just you cupcake  peace

This signature is very funny.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2008, 08:56:13 AM »

Attack of the Show did a whole story on it last night too.

Funny enough, the ticker was detailing the STP reunion tour. Also, when the CD story was on the artwork behind the host was the Asian Bandana Tieing CD atrwork we've seen but it was a much better, all red, version I've never seen before. Knowing G4 they probably took the lame version I've seen circulating and improved it for the story.

Edit: I just googled it and only found this version, thiers was much cleaner and looked significantly different with no text at all and the bandana was different... interesting. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Seems like this could be the beginning of the "Promotion" we've been waiting for.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 09:05:23 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: