Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 02:30:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FALSE: Is Axl Rose Headed To Reality TV?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: FALSE: Is Axl Rose Headed To Reality TV?  (Read 5138 times)
guns_n_motley
« on: April 08, 2008, 02:45:03 PM »

Not true.

http://allyourtv.com/0708season/news/april...008axlrose.html

A major music-oriented television channel has pitched an idea for a reality series to Axl Rose, according to sources close to the project.

The show, which would appear on a cable channel that asked not to be identified, would follow the troubled rocker as his continues his decade-long effort to release the Guns N' Roses project "Chinese Democracy."

Rose has been laboring on tracks for the project on-and-off since mid-1994, and in both 2006 and 2007 gave several interviews promising the album would be finished "within the year."

The sound of Chinese Democracy has often reported to be industrial rock music similar to Nine Inch Nails and Ministry, a style that Rose had long been a fan of. But the tracks that have surfaced online show a variety of sounds, with tinges of everything from Ministry to Queen to classic Guns N' Roses.

According to sources at Geffen (Rose's music label) a version of "Chinese Democracy" has been finished and delivered to the label. But there are still outstanding issues between the singer and the label, not the least of which is a recording cost for the project which (depending on who you believe), has reached between $11 and $15 million. Another stickler is the digital rights for the tracks, along with some proposed "bonus" tracks Geffen would like to release digitally.

This reality show project would be part of a larger effort to build buzz for an album which faces a number of promotional hurdles. Rose's recent concert appearances have been erratic at best, and many fans of the classic Guns N' Roses lineup are going to require some persuasion before embracing this new sound. Rose is also not an especially "journalist-friendly" preformer, making promotion for the project even more difficult.

The new (still untitled) reality show would follow Rose and his band as they prepare for release of the album. It would include behind-the-scenes rehearsal and studio footage, as well as interviews with a number of the participants. "There is a lot of footage to choose from," said a network source. "Some of it is incredibly personal and revealing about Axl's life."

According to the network source, the deal for the show is "close, but not signed." Part of the holdup seems to be the timing, as the particpants want to integrate the show into a timeline with the leadup to the album's release, along with the announcment of a limited number of concert dates.

Efforts to get a comment from Axl or his management have so far been unsuccessful.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 03:11:50 PM by jarmo » Logged
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 02:47:40 PM »

"The new (still untitled) reality show would follow Rose and his band "

would... they say it right... would.

for god sake... Roll Eyes hope this ain´t true!!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 02:50:49 PM by Ines_rocks! » Logged

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 02:49:05 PM »

I would love it-bring it on

libertad
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 02:49:46 PM »

According to sources at Geffen (Rose's music label) a version of "Chinese Democracy" has been finished and delivered to the label. But there are still outstanding issues between the singer and the label, not the least of which is a recording cost for the project which (depending on who you believe), has reached between $11 and $15 million. Another stickler is the digital rights for the tracks, along with some proposed "bonus" tracks Geffen would like to release digitally.

Well I hope this shuts some people up about whether or not this album is really done! peace

Very interesting development, indeed.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 02:51:48 PM »

Well I hope this shuts some people up about whether or not this album is really done! peace

Very interesting development, indeed.

I never doubted about the album being done but... does this news has any credibility at all?

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 02:54:08 PM »

GO FOR IT AX!

I know he said he wasn't like John Lennon in that he wasn't as good around cameras, but this is the kind of thing that will help the financing and sales of GNR's new albums. It could also give the general public a better understanding of Axl and his new players rather than letting everything hang on damaging speculations, which have only served to hurt their chances in the last few years.

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 02:55:08 PM »

This would be a great way for the band and Axl to create a major buzz.  Maybe it would give us all some insight to this lengthy process and then I might get off of his ass.

I have no doubt that Axl would bring the drama!!
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 02:56:34 PM »

Great marketing idea!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 02:59:15 PM »

This would be a great way for the band and Axl to create a major buzz.  Maybe it would give us all some insight to this lengthy process and then I might get off of his ass.

You want the drama?

lol voyerism... that?s what humanity has gotten into!

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 03:01:11 PM »

This would be a great way for the band and Axl to create a major buzz.  Maybe it would give us all some insight to this lengthy process and then I might get off of his ass.

You want the drama?

Quit acting holier than thou, you know you'd watch it.  I hate reality TV but you bet your ass I'd watch it just to hear the new music,
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 03:01:43 PM »

The most reclusive man in rock headed for a reality show that documents both himself and the most mythical album of all time???

I smell ratings, as well as sells of CD going through the roof once it's released.

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 03:01:52 PM »

for god sake... Roll Eyes hope this ain?t true!!

you're reading WAY to much into that, and obviously didn't read the part right after... "There is a lot of footage to choose from,"

it's just describing what the SHOW would do

But hell yeah, that'd be great

Axl is God.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 03:02:41 PM »

Axl will be the new Ozzy!!! Grin
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 03:03:44 PM »

You want the drama?

Quit acting holier than thou, you know you'd watch it.  I hate reality TV but you bet your ass I'd watch it just to hear the new music,

lol you just talked about the drama.. I pointed it out.  Wink

Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 03:05:20 PM »

you're reading WAY to much into that, and obviously didn't read the part right after... "There is a lot of footage to choose from,"

it's just describing what the SHOW would do

But hell yeah, that'd be great

I was just using the world "would" to state my opinion that I really ain?t too much receptive to this. Just trying to say that they should stick with the "would".   ok

MJRoses23
Rocker

JORDAN FOR THE WIN!!!

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 03:05:52 PM »

Why would you hope its not true...So many people always want information and say we dont get enough of it. If this did happen wed get all the information wed need on whats been goin on in the CD process. This would be great for the fans. Big deal its reality TV..its still Axl Fuckin Rose!

"Its not how hard you push along the way...its having something left to finish"

-Michael Jordan
guns_n_motley
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 03:06:35 PM »

why woudlnt anyone want this??? the GNR camp has been so secretive...imagine a reality show/documentary on the making/release of chinese democracy...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 03:07:44 PM »

Why would you hope its not true...So many people always want information and say we dont get enough of it. If this did happen wed get all the information wed need on whats been goin on in the CD process. This would be great for the fans. Big deal its reality TV..its still Axl Fuckin Rose!

I wouldn?t mind a documentary. It would gave us the same information, the one we want so badly. But why a reality show? I just don?t get it... but people are so hooked to those kind of shows today anyways... I?m just not... sorry!

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 03:08:18 PM »

This would be great for the fans and takes care of promotion for the album at the same time, obviously something that is probably holding things up right now.

Great news if this is true although I have a little trouble thinking Axl would want to yap continuously on TV.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2008, 03:08:31 PM »

isn't it new that the source is said to be geffen?

pinch of salt but I like the idea of a serious documentary on cd.

http://allyourtv.com/0708season/news/april...008axlrose.html

The sound of Chinese Democracy has often reported to be industrial rock music similar to Nine Inch Nails and Ministry, a style that Rose had long been a fan of. But the tracks that have surfaced online show a variety of sounds, with tinges of everything from Ministry to Queen to classic Guns N' Roses.

demos but the description is not bad.

Rose's recent concert appearances have been erratic at best,

erratic in what way? Huh
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: