Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 05:13:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Rolling Stone' bets for VR new singer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rolling Stone' bets for VR new singer  (Read 15655 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2008, 10:02:43 PM »

Sammy Hagar?  Danzig?  Perry Farrell, for God's sake?!?!

Most of those can't be serious.   Ugh.

I would hope not.

Judging by the fact that someone on the RS site keeps reccomending Rick Astley to be the new frontman, I'd say at least half of those are NOT serious. Grin
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2008, 10:18:43 PM »

Danzig?Huh??  That would be uhh, weird.

I don't think any of these guys fit.

who is that guy?  Embarrassed

Originally he was the singer and songwriter for one of the greatest things to ever happen to music...New Jersey's very own Misfits! Then he left and started a group called Samhein which later morphed into the band Danzig. The first 3 Danzig albums are fucking brillaint bluesy rock-metal. Then he decided he had a mission to make music absolutley no one on the planet would want to listen to and has been succeeding in that fight for about 15 years.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2008, 01:52:47 AM »

Originally he was the singer and songwriter for one of the greatest things to ever happen to music...New Jersey's very own Misfits! Then he left and started a group called Samhein which later morphed into the band Danzig. The first 3 Danzig albums are fucking brillaint bluesy rock-metal. Then he decided he had a mission to make music absolutley no one on the planet would want to listen to and has been succeeding in that fight for about 15 years.

That's pretty much a perfect description. Well done!

The Misfits may have rocked hard, but try listening to more than 30 minutes of them at a time! "Mommy, Can I Go Out and Kill Tonight?" and "I Turned into a Martian" are two of my absolute favourites.

Glen Danzig has a great voice, totally unsuited to VR. Of all the people mentioned on these lists which are floating around, I think that only Josh Todd has a voice which could fit. And he most likely wouldn't do it, although I read somewhere on the internet (so it must be true!) that Buckcherry isn't selling too well and that their comeback has been a bit lukewarmly received.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2008, 02:12:26 AM »

That's pretty much a perfect description. Well done!

The Misfits may have rocked hard, but try listening to more than 30 minutes of them at a time! "Mommy, Can I Go Out and Kill Tonight?" and "I Turned into a Martian" are two of my absolute favourites.

Glen Danzig has a great voice, totally unsuited to VR. Of all the people mentioned on these lists which are floating around, I think that only Josh Todd has a voice which could fit. And he most likely wouldn't do it, although I read somewhere on the internet (so it must be true!) that Buckcherry isn't selling too well and that their comeback has been a bit lukewarmly received.

I don't know where you read that about Buckcherry.  "Sorry" hit the top 10 on Billboard and 15 was certified Platinum.  Buckcherry won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Ali
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2008, 03:07:53 AM »

It was probably written before "Sorry" was released, then!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2008, 11:42:28 AM »

thanks for the info!  Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2008, 12:02:30 PM »

You never heard "Mother" ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgSn0SbQJQI
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2008, 12:06:02 PM »

oh... I had! I just didn?t know who sang it!  Grin

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Killingmachine
Headliner

Guns n' Fuckin' Roses

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »

Danzig is a great artist, his two first albums were amazing,  later he wants to evolve to sounds more industrial and modern, but he is known as well as the original frontman of "THe Misfit" band, you know, punk rock band. It would be interesting anyway listen some about Slash/Danzig, they both have much blues's influence and hard rock...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 02:47:21 PM by Killingmachine » Logged
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2008, 03:44:16 PM »

Rock List: Reader?s Picks for the Next Velvet Revolver Singer

Last week, we asked our readers to pretend they were Careerbuilder.com and help fill the Velvet Revolver lead vocalist job. Many sent in resumes, some candidates got second interviews, but the readers ultimately chose to save former Audioslave/Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell from solo album purgatory and employ him as the next band mate to Slash, Duff and the rest of VR. But the pick of Cornell wasn?t unanimous; here are the singers you want to see fill Scott Weiland?s shoes in Velvet Revolver.

1. Chris Cornell
2. Josh Todd from Buckcherry
3. Sebastian Bach
4. Eric Dover from Slash?s Snakepit
5. Izzy Stradlin
6. Gavin Rossdale
7. Mike Patton
8. Lukas Rossi from Rock Star: Supernova
9. Scott Stapp
10. Sammy Hagar
11. Billy Idol
12. Danzig
13. Kid Rock
14. Perry Farrell
15. Ozzy Osbourne

from: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/04/07/readers-rock-list-next-velvet-revolver-singer/

If Luk-arse Rossi got the gig I think I would personally ritually burn all my VR stuff - and that includes the limited picture disc vinyl I have of the UK release of Slither.

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2008, 08:03:32 PM »

It's crazy to realize how many today were still in diapers when "Mother" hit.  A bit of a reality check, but true nonetheless....sigh.    hihi
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2008, 08:11:40 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpyE4URiyww

Live Version, kicks serious ass.
Killingmachine
Headliner

Guns n' Fuckin' Roses

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2008, 09:24:52 PM »

This picture was posted at the Matt Sorum' blogs for himself. Nice Idea !!

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2008, 01:06:03 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpyE4URiyww

Live Version, kicks serious ass.

I love this version!
PolarBearWitchHead
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2008, 01:41:08 AM »

glen danzig is a laughing stock tho, the misfits owned the world, but when he got knocked the fuck out backstage for talking shit, he kinda lost a lot of face.  getting glen danzig would be even worse than people yelling SAVAGE ANIMAL at sebastian bach
mikvilja
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2008, 02:06:19 AM »

I think the best choice for new singer would be Corey Taylor!   ok

His vocal are amazing in Stonesour, he could really sing the crap out from VR songs!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2008, 10:55:41 AM »

I think the best choice for new singer would be Corey Taylor!   ok

His vocal are amazing in Stonesour, he could really sing the crap out from VR songs!

No Way. End Of.

VR i think have to get a famous singer or else annoyingly they wont get any attention upon there next release.

html sucks
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2008, 04:12:07 AM »

I think the best choice for new singer would be Corey Taylor!   ok

Good shout - but with Slipknot and Stone Sour has he really got the time?!!1

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2008, 11:41:39 AM »

No Way. End Of.

VR i think have to get a famous singer or else annoyingly they wont get any attention upon there next release.

corey is more wellknown then scott for an example these days i think
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2008, 01:26:36 PM »

No Way. End Of.

corey is more wellknown then scott for an example these days i think

Not a chance.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 03:05:05 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: