Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:49:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Rolling Stone' bets for VR new singer
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rolling Stone' bets for VR new singer  (Read 16798 times)
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« on: April 05, 2008, 05:21:53 PM »

With Scott Weiland officially out as singer of Velvet Revolver, this week?s Rock List will be an open casting call to vocalists you think are worthy of the job. Slash told us yesterday he had some people in mind, but he didn?t want to start ?naming names.? So we?ll name ?em for him. Tell us your picks for who should rock the mic with VR, and on Monday we?ll reveal the winner of the Rock List: Next Velvet Revolver Singer. In the meantime, here?s who we?re lobbying for:

? Phil Anselmo: All the haters who thought VR didn?t rock hard enough with the glam-happy Weiland would roll out the red carpet for the former voice of Pantera.

? Chris Cornell: Because not only does Audioslave not want him, but having Timbaland produce his solo album and cashing in off American Idol don?t seem like the best career options for the former Soundgarden frontman right now.

? Mike Patton: The man is a vocal chameleon and can fill the role of Rose, Weiland or anybody else for that matter. Any contract with Velvet Revolver should include an opt-out clause that allows Patton to reunite Mr. Bungle.

? Trent Reznor: He did just dismiss his touring band.

? Axl Rose: For obvious reasons. If that were to happen, they should give Dizzy Reed a call too.

from: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/04/04/weekend-rock-list-next-velvet-revolver-singer/
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:17:07 PM by Ines_rocks! » Logged

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Smokey
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 05:29:12 PM »

? Axl Rose: For obvious reasons. If that were to happen, they should give Dizzy Reed a call too.

Haha, As funny as it is its still the dream..... hihi
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 05:30:03 PM »

There is already another thread about this, but it's funny-they have a question mark with Weiland's face whited out-hilarious

libertad
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 05:35:53 PM »

lol in my opinion all RS?s picks are all clueless and too much idealistic.  hihi

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 06:20:30 PM »

I think the poll is tongue in cheek, guys

sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 06:29:17 PM »

My vote is chris cornell  love
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 06:44:12 PM »

My vote is chris cornell  love

Probably more unlikely than Axl , Cornell has stated time and time again that he doesn't want a "band"
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 06:55:22 PM »

scott weiland is as far from "glam" as life is from fair.

html sucks
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 07:13:28 PM »

With Scott Weiland officially out as singer of Velvet Revolver, this week?s Rock List will be an open casting call to vocalists you think are worthy of the job. Slash told us yesterday he had some people in mind, but he didn?t want to start ?naming names.? So we?ll name ?em for him. Tell us your picks for who should rock the mic with VR, and on Monday we?ll reveal the winner of the Rock List: Next Velvet Revolver Singer. In the meantime, here?s who we?re lobbying for:

? Phil Anselmo: All the haters who thought VR didn?t rock hard enough with the glam-happy Weiland would roll out the red carpet for the former voice of Pantera.

? Chris Cornell: Because not only does Audioslave not want him, but having Timbaland produce his solo album and cashing in off American Idol don?t seem like the best career options for the former Soundgarden frontman right now.

? Mike Patton: The man is a vocal chameleon and can fill the role of Rose, Weiland or anybody else for that matter. Any contract with Velvet Revolver should include an opt-out clause that allows Patton to reunite Mr. Bungle.

from: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/04/04/weekend-rock-list-next-velvet-revolver-singer/

Patton would be awesome, simply because he's amazing, and I'd like to hear more "mainstream" music from him, similar to what he did with Faith No More.

Kind of funny to read the comment about Reznor, given what's taking place in the main board right now with "Is Robin in or out..."
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 07:25:03 PM »

scott weiland is as far from "glam" as life is from fair.

Agreed, the only thing glam about him are some of his outfits.
greendog
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 07:34:53 PM »

I'll get killed by NIN fans, but I would love for Reznor to perform songs such as 'Last' with those guys.

Huge NIN fan by the way.
overmatik
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 08:58:33 PM »

This RS magazine is just a joke man! At least they could have suggested possible choices, none of these are even remotely choices, totally 0%!!!

Phil - Would spit in Slash's face!
Mike - Would piss in Slash's face!
Chris - Doesn't have the group soul, left Audioslave because of the money...
Trent - He's a band, why will he join anyone?
Axl - He will join them someday, but not now...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 12:46:18 AM »

Why?  Everyone else, on some of the forums, are talking about these possiblities - and then some!! 
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 11:03:54 AM »

Now it?s K-Rock?s turn.  Grin

Inspired by Scott Weiland's suggestion that Skid Row / Savage Animal frontman Sebastian Bach should replace him in Velvet Revolver, we at K-Rock have been tossing around our own suggestions...

The current favorite here is Chris Cornell... since he's out of a job and needs something to do. That would also help out with VR's cover song fetish.

Some other names being floated around:
? Sammy Hagar (Bracket Brawl Exile)
? Gary Cherone (Extreme)
? The singer from Spacehog
? Art Alexakis (Everclear)
? Fred Durst (Limp Bizkit)
? Daughtry (just Daughtry)
? Courtney Love (Hole)
? Liam Gallagher (Oasis)... OK now we're just being silly.

Send us your top choices for Weiland's replacement. You don't have to choose one from above. Do some thinking and send us some new ones. Unless you really think there's no one better than that dude from Spacehog... You might be right.

lol love the last one.  hihi

Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 12:47:36 PM »

Chris Cornell is hands down without a doubt my 2nd favorite singer of all time. But to be honest....his voice is shot. It's done. He's not the same singer any more and can't hit a 3rd of the notes he used to be able to hit. Anyone who thinks thats debateable listen to Carry On. Even on Audioslaves first album you can here the difference setting in. As far as Phil Anselmo.........that would be a fucking lot of fun lol But Phil always has like six or seven bands he is in at once and I'm not sure thats the type of thing Slash and co. should be looking for.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
dallasgel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 02:16:51 PM »

Chris Cornell's voice is definitely NOT shot.  You obviously have not heard him live lately.  Admittedly he had some vocal problems with Audioslave (as evidenced by their live in Cuba DVD) but I caught him in Saskatoon last fall and his voice was one of the best I have ever heard live.  That being said there is no way he is going to relinquish the spotlight that is focused on him as a solo artist with a backing band.  Same goes for most of the other candidates.  Mike Patton would never join since Faith No More was removed from GNR tour in the early 90s for talking smack about them.  Scott probably left because he resented not being the centre of attention.  He had to share that every night he went on stage with the guys in VR.  The DeLeo Bros, while great musicians, aren't exactly r n' r icons, to say the least.  VR will need to find a lead singer that either isn't already famous or find someone who doesn't mind being a less substantial member of a "supergroup".
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2008, 02:26:31 PM »

hooray,  Cheesy update your site already  Trent!(or rs)
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 02:53:03 PM »

I already said it in another thread but I'll say it again, I would love to see Perry Farrell in VR!!

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2008, 07:38:21 PM »

Chris Cornell's voice is definitely NOT shot.  You obviously have not heard him live lately.  Admittedly he had some vocal problems with Audioslave (as evidenced by their live in Cuba DVD) but I caught him in Saskatoon last fall and his voice was one of the best I have ever heard live.  That being said there is no way he is going to relinquish the spotlight that is focused on him as a solo artist with a backing band.  Same goes for most of the other candidates.  Mike Patton would never join since Faith No More was removed from GNR tour in the early 90s for talking smack about them.  Scott probably left because he resented not being the centre of attention.  He had to share that every night he went on stage with the guys in VR.  The DeLeo Bros, while great musicians, aren't exactly r n' r icons, to say the least.  VR will need to find a lead singer that either isn't already famous or find someone who doesn't mind being a less substantial member of a "supergroup".

I saw Chris live last year as well, and his voice def. IS shot.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 07:34:13 AM »

someone posted a thing which suggest gary cherone, that aint gonna happen cause extreme have reformed and are doing a new album.

fred durst wont happen cause apparently limp bizkit are getting ready to "make a comeback"

and the liam gallagher suggestion is amusing, but apparently he hates artists from the 1980s.

html sucks
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: