Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 06:30:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 789107 times)
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #4560 on: March 14, 2009, 05:21:33 AM »

Personally I think that if Robin was really out of the band, it would be the best thing to happen to GNR. Robin may be a good rhythm player and his original solos on CD may be allright, but the guy could never play Slash's classic solos for shit. It was actually PAINFUL to listen to him raping the solos on November Rain and SCOM, just to name a couple.

Tha'ts just my opinion, don't take it personally  Wink

Stupid!

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4561 on: March 14, 2009, 07:30:16 AM »

5. Flyering filler for fun is not in my make-up, my form nor fancy. More true, kindling amassed for my melt-down; I'm trying it on here thsame 7:13 PM

Maybe that means he didn't fully enjoy plaing the old material everynight ??

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4562 on: March 14, 2009, 09:07:24 AM »

Personally I think that if Robin was really out of the band, it would be the best thing to happen to GNR. Robin may be a good rhythm player and his original solos on CD may be allright, but the guy could never play Slash's classic solos for shit. It was actually PAINFUL to listen to him raping the solos on November Rain and SCOM, just to name a couple.

Oh, good for you. I took personally and now I want to make you listen to every single VR boot with Slash raping his own work. Cheesy

Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #4563 on: March 14, 2009, 10:11:26 AM »

I think like you about robin playing the old stuff
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #4564 on: March 14, 2009, 10:30:29 AM »

Oh, good for you. I took personally and now I want to make you listen to every single VR boot with Slash raping his own work. Cheesy

I don't think Slash is capable of butchering his own solos..but just for curiosity's sake, why don't you post a youtube-link to a clip you THINK has him rape his own solo...

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4565 on: March 14, 2009, 10:56:47 AM »

Go to dead horse.

Maybe that means he didn't fully enjoy plaing the old material everynight ??

of nin?

One may think that could lead to some esquizo-psycho-twisting-meaning:

4. I think I'm better suited to write to someone singular and real like my mother or my self in the future. 7:15 PM
I say he's referring to these posts @twitter.

what about...
3. Dear Future Self, I'm doing my best to meet you half way. Could you take it easy on me at first? 7:16 PM
GNRFAN20
« Reply #4566 on: March 14, 2009, 11:04:07 AM »

Robin plays old material in NIN. So that closes the argument about him being bored.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4567 on: March 14, 2009, 02:36:59 PM »

what about...
3. Dear Future Self, I'm doing my best to meet you half way. Could you take it easy on me at first? 7:16 PM
Ha, that's a good one.

But I don't really think he's sending cryptic messages on twitter. I'm sure he has more going on in his life than just GNR - NIN stuff.

I don't think Slash is capable of butchering his own solos..but just for curiosity's sake, why don't you post a youtube-link to a clip you THINK has him rape his own solo...
Go youtube.com and type: Velvet Revolver.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4568 on: March 14, 2009, 03:02:08 PM »

i think if you want to talk about that fucking guy you should go to the ex-members section.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #4569 on: March 14, 2009, 03:09:36 PM »

i think if you want to talk about that fucking guy you should go to the ex-members section.

Yeah I guess it's pretty safe to say Finck is out.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4570 on: March 14, 2009, 03:23:10 PM »

Dont be a smart ass.

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4571 on: March 14, 2009, 03:39:20 PM »

it's pretty safe to assume that he will be back for GnR Tour... Thank you.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4572 on: March 14, 2009, 04:05:54 PM »

After 230 pages, we still don't know if he's still with GNR. God bless Robin.

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4573 on: March 14, 2009, 05:00:42 PM »

he definitely has a better shot than that other guy, whose chances are ZERO.

hate idiots who are stuck in the past.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #4574 on: March 14, 2009, 07:22:11 PM »

Coming from a guy whose very signature is all about good ol axl vs slash bullshit? It isn't 1996 anymore.
Move on, dude. Move on.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 07:26:01 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4575 on: March 14, 2009, 07:23:41 PM »

he definitely has a better shot than that other guy, whose chances are ZERO.

When Tix go on sale for tour, they usually go onsale atleast 5-6 months ahead of time.  That saying Guns N' Roses have not made a announcement dates, there for nothing is indicating that Robin won't be stuck with NIN the same time.   Robin is done in August, so I doubt NIN will interfere with GnR's plans to tour.  For all those so called fans wanting Robin to not tour with GnR tells me two things   1. They don't know what there talking about   2. they wish there top hat friend would comeback.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #4576 on: March 15, 2009, 12:53:47 PM »

For all those so called fans wanting Robin to not tour with GnR tells me two things   1. They don't know what there talking about   2. they wish there top hat friend would comeback.

I am perfectly aware of the fact that Axl wants absolutely nothing to do with Slash and probably vice versa. I'm just saying that there are way better players out there than Finck, players who are probably capable of doing Slash's solos justice instead of brutally murdering them. Besides, Finck only co-wrote one song out of the fourteen songs that ended up on Chinese Democracy, namely Better. So atleast in my opinion he could be replaced, since he is currently unavailable anyway...

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #4577 on: March 15, 2009, 02:30:41 PM »

. I'm just saying that there are way better players out there than Finck, players who are probably capable of doing Slash's solos justice instead of brutally murdering them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfiDhRdDQGQ  ok    hihi

« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 02:33:48 PM by AppetiteForIllusion » Logged

Thanks Giant Robot...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4578 on: March 15, 2009, 03:22:20 PM »

For all those so called fans wanting Robin to not tour with GnR tells me two things   1. They don't know what there talking about   2. they wish there top hat friend would comeback.

I am perfectly aware of the fact that Axl wants absolutely nothing to do with Slash and probably vice versa. I'm just saying that there are way better players out there than Finck, players who are probably capable of doing Slash's solos justice instead of brutally murdering them. Besides, Finck only co-wrote one song out of the fourteen songs that ended up on Chinese Democracy, namely Better. So atleast in my opinion he could be replaced, since he is currently unavailable anyway...

Finck style is unique and he has awesome stage presense which people love.  Only writing one song ?  rofl  the one song he wrote which you ask 98 percent of GnR fans say Better is the best song off the album.   Finck is on future material  so NO HE SHOULDN'T BE REPLACED.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4579 on: March 15, 2009, 05:42:40 PM »

^ Not only that, but also he probably wrote some of the best solos of the album (SOD, TIL, Better and so on).

I'm just saying that there are way better players out there than Finck, players who are probably capable of doing Slash's solos justice instead of brutally murdering them.
It's your opnion and thanks God Axl don't share it with you. Obviously there are tons of players who can play Slash's solos, but how many can do it on their own way, in ther own style? And since when Robin is there just to play Slash's parts?

I get you. You're just trying to stir shit up here because you hate Robin so much that you like to take cheap (and dumb) shots in this thread to express how much you'd love to see an average Slash wannabe instead of him. All because Axl prefer to work with Robin instead of your hero.

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: