Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 03:25:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228564 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 788779 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4500 on: February 19, 2009, 02:03:28 PM »

Some of you might be easily confused, so let's get some things straight.

#1: I don't hate Robin.
To claim that is ridiculous. I love his work on the album and I enjoyed seeing him live in concert. I probably enjoyed his solo spots more than some of you. Especially his "Finlandia" solo was a nice touch.

#2: Just because I support his decision (move on/stay) and the band's decision, whatever they might be, does not make #1 true.
If the band wants to tour before Robin's NIN commitments are done, I support that. Obviously this could mean that Robin needs to be replaced. I don't have a problem with that nor does it mean that I hate Robin.
If Robin decides that it's in his best interest to move on and do something else than play guitar in GN'R, it's his decision and I respect that.

#3: Just because I don't subscribe to the idea that Robin is a superstar in his own league does not make #1 true.
Just because I think the other guitar players in GN'R are very capable players does not mean I hate Robin or think his playing is lacking. I see GN'R as a team that lets all individual talent shine, but the total sum is what really matters the most (to me) in the end. The proof is on the album. Axl's like the captain of the team, but it's still a team working together.

So next time you want to accuse me of things, make sure you have your facts straight.  Smiley

Edit: Fixed typo.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 02:18:59 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #4501 on: February 19, 2009, 02:11:11 PM »

To claim that is ridiculous. I love his work on the album and I enjoyed seeing him live in concert. I probably enjoyed his solo spots more than some of you. Especially his "Finlandia" solo was a nice touch.

#2: Just because I support his decision and the band's decision, whatever they might be, does not make #1 true.
If the band wants to tour before Robin's NIN commitments are done, I support that. Obviously this could mean that Robin needs to be replaced. I don't have a problem with that nor does it mean that I hate Robin.
If Robin decides that it's in his best interest to move on and do something else than play guitar in GN'R, it's his decision and I respect that.

#3: Just because I don't subscribe to the idea that Robin is a superstar in his own league does not make #1 true.
Just because I think the other guitar players in GN'R are very capable players does not mean I hate Robin or think he's playing is lacking. I see GN'R as a team that lets all individual talent shine, but the total sum is what really matters the most (to me) in the end. The proof is on the album. Axl's like the captain of the team, but it's still a team working together.

So next time you want to accuse me of things, make sure you have your facts straight.  Smiley

/jarmo

I don't care if you hate Robin or BH or not. You are entitled to go your own way. So, if a lot of people (including me), feel that Robin and BH made the new version of gnr and are greatly missed and we want them back and believe they are not replaceable, you should respect that, even if you do not agree. To me and many others, it is a shame BH and Robin are not around to play the music they created and all the time they put in. They are greatly missed.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4502 on: February 19, 2009, 02:20:04 PM »

$75,000 (limited edition of 1)

-If you don't live in Southern California (but are a US resident) he'll come to you and be your personal assistant/cabana boy for 2 weeks.
-Take a flying trapeze lesson with Josh and Robin from NIN, go back to Robins place afterwards and his wife will make you raw lasagna.

Didn't Axl mention something about a trapeze in Robin's backyard?

yep  Grin  the words were 'the trapeze in his backyard' and  'the tv in his closet'.
now one of the riddles is solved.
edit na actually it isn't

good find Doc Emmett Brown! ok
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #4503 on: February 19, 2009, 02:48:24 PM »

Jarmo I have an solution!

Charge everyone $5 that has posted on this goddamn 226+ page monster of a topic, and we'll have the $75K to ask Robin  hihi
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4504 on: February 19, 2009, 02:51:04 PM »

Anybody got 75 grand ?  rofl

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4505 on: February 19, 2009, 05:02:04 PM »

I'm guessing the 75 grand limited edition plan's meant to be a joke. but who knows.

I don't care if you hate Robin or BH or not. You are entitled to go your own way. So, if a lot of people (including me), feel that Robin and BH made the new version of gnr and are greatly missed and we want them back and believe they are not replaceable, you should respect that, even if you do not agree. To me and many others, it is a shame BH and Robin are not around to play the music they created and all the time they put in. They are greatly missed.

shame shame shame mr shame.
both are active. miss them not go see their shows rather than harping on a grievance.

Did you even support them when they were heavily bashed by slashers?
maynard
« Reply #4506 on: February 19, 2009, 06:17:05 PM »

I'm guessing the 75 grand limited edition plan's meant to be a joke. but who knows.

o rly??
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4507 on: February 19, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »

yeah.  for 75 grand, I'd think you'd at least get cooked lasagna.  Undecided

shame shame shame mr shame.
both are active. miss them not go see their shows rather than harping on a grievance.

Did you even support them when they were heavily bashed by slashers?

probably not.  he's been too busy attacking Admin for not turning this site into a vr site with a gnr childboard

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #4508 on: February 20, 2009, 02:30:59 PM »

robin is a top notch guitar player and probably one of the best of our time, but fortunately we have 2 others who are equally as impressive. something tells me we won't miss a beat with the duo that we currently have. i'm also excited and opened to the prospect of welcoming a new addition to the gnr family.  Cheesy
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #4509 on: February 28, 2009, 01:30:57 PM »

#2: Just because I support his decision (move on/stay) and the band's decision, whatever they might be, does not make #1 true.

Just because I think the other guitar players in GN'R are very capable players does not mean I hate Robin or think his playing is lacking. I see GN'R as a team that lets all individual talent shine, but the total sum is what really matters the most (to me) in the end. The proof is on the album. Axl's like the captain of the team, but it's still a team working together.

Edit: Fixed typo.

/jarmo

Clearly from the Del James Axl interview, neither Robin nor Brain is ruled out and both are in the mix for any touring plans.  This is all good news!

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4510 on: February 28, 2009, 04:11:55 PM »

how bout this for an idea?

we all chip in "x" amount of dollars to their promotional plan in exchange for a fans interview with Robin? maybe jarmo can set something up and we are all allowed maybe 1 hr with Robin here on the forum...kind of like what Axl did....

Robin has rarely spoken in regards to gnr. It would be a great chance to ask him about the past...and what happened at the end...as well as his future plans

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ottosporteman
Headliner

Life sucks but in a really beautiful way...

« Reply #4511 on: February 28, 2009, 10:43:04 PM »

I'm not that much into posting, much more of a reader, but here I go...

I think robin is, by far, the more intriguing and interesting member of Guns N' Roses of all time, alongside with Axl.

The same as the red haired one, he has his own personal agenda, seems to be a really nice guy and always seemed to me to do what he thinks is right.

Of all members, even including Axl, unless he speaks freely and not with all his style of misleading, I'd prefer to meet and chat personally with Robin than everyone else.

I'd put my two cents on this fund to have him
Smiley

"Yippee-Ki-Yay Muthafuckers!!"
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #4512 on: March 01, 2009, 08:28:35 AM »

I would love for Robin to be back for the next GNR tour.  I am gutted that he's completely changed his look again though  Sad
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4513 on: March 02, 2009, 01:06:51 PM »

Like with gnr and axls I always love robins look up to datedly.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4514 on: March 07, 2009, 11:23:01 AM »

This is why I don't want Robin back:

I don't like the way he just seemed to leave GNR to bolt back to NIN who just so happened to be starting a HUGE  tour. No phone calls, no explanations, absolutely nothing. Just bolt

Now NIN are about to end and GNR are about to start a HUGE summer tour, it just seems kind of opportunistic and shitty for the guy to now be all into being in GNR whereas he left with no explanation, and I feel with CD coming out, left them somewhat high and dry.

Just seems to me, he kind of goes where the money is. in 99 when NIN were gearing up, he quit and took off. NIN slowed back down OH back to GNR and the 2002 tour and recording.

I feel loyalty is one of the most important ingredients in a band and its chemistry.

Having a guy in a love triangle with two bands just doesn't seem right to me.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
maynard
« Reply #4515 on: March 07, 2009, 11:29:39 AM »

Actually, he goes where the action is. IIRC Axl himself said Robin would be interested in touring again, I guess he just doesnt wanna be stuck in a studio doing nothing....
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 11:31:38 AM by maynard » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4516 on: March 07, 2009, 11:37:40 AM »

Who cares if a robin hater slash supporter doesn't want robin back.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4517 on: March 07, 2009, 11:49:37 AM »

Who cares if a robin hater slash supporter doesn't want robin back.

You want  a guy in the band who has a habit of up and leaving whenever the situation best fits him?
I think that is pretty selfish. CD came out in November and he is out on tour with a HUGE band without even letting GNR know anything?

And u think that is ok?

Now the money is about to pour in, he conveniently will want to rejoin GNR?

I think some of u Robin lover/Slash haters should take the blinders off.

U guys call Slash  $Las$h, this reeks of maximizing the all mighty dollar.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4518 on: March 07, 2009, 11:57:12 AM »

a habit? Robin's been in the band for long. even when trent wanted him in the past.

what I want or not is irrelevant. the band will decide what's best for the band.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 12:01:02 PM by ppbebe » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4519 on: March 07, 2009, 12:01:01 PM »

He has left GNR twice now.

How many more times does he get to leave?

He left Axl high and dry in 99 and now again in 08.

I just see a pattern forming and I for one don't really like it.

Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: