Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 12:48:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228564 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 788577 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4460 on: February 17, 2009, 11:55:03 PM »

This is the same old "GN'R stops being GN'R when my guy(s) leave".

Many fans didn't have issues with Steven being gone. Or with Izzy leaving....

It's only when "their guy" decides to leave that the issues arise.....
Its when the lead guitarists leave it becomes a problem

When people go see the Rangers, I don't think they go to see Mark Messier.... He's probably not gonna be there on the ice..... 
When people go see the Rangers they go see the players who they enjoy and who are creating the product on the ice

Well I didn't leave one show feeling disappointed in 2006 or 2007.
nor did I. But now that Robin is gone Im not sure how Im going to feel. Guess Ill have to wait and see.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4461 on: February 18, 2009, 02:52:38 AM »

i hope you aren't as whiny in real life as you come off in your posts
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4462 on: February 18, 2009, 03:09:40 AM »

Axl kept Robin(and the other members of the band) waiting for years. Was that fair?

Already addressed.

I can't believe you'd even make that kind of pointless comparison.

It's not like Axl joined NIN while the rest of the guys were at home waiting for him to come back so they can tour....

Im sure Robin wouldnt have left if he knew that CD had a clear cut solidified release date. I would wager that when he made his decision CD didnt have a release date or atleast a concrete one.

I'm glad you're so sure.

The fact still remains. How sure could he be that GN'R won't tour at all in 2008 or early/mid 2009 when he signed up for the NIN gig?

It seems like the other guys don't plan that far ahead in case GN'R needs them.

Maybe he wasn't thinking about the future, maybe he'd just take the day when it comes? Maybe he was just being naive and thinking NIN would be done by the time GN'R would be ready to go? Who knows.

It seems as if your questioning his loyalty...which boggles my mind.

Good. Because it's not what I'm questioning.

I'm wondering how people like yourself seem to think GN'R should be molded around the needs/wants of two guitar players, when there's a bunch of other guys in the band.

CD consisted of a group of members (the 2002) lineup that fans associate with GNR

Haha.

Sorry, that's kinda funny. Talk about a generalization to fit your own "agenda".

When Axl came back in 2001 he showcased a lineup that he felt was worthy of continuing the GNR and moving past the old lineup. Some people became fans of and became passionate about that era/band.

You make it sound like you're the only one who has experienced line up changes in the band. Do I need to remind you that many of us were fans back when the AFD line up were around?

We still manage to support the band in 2009.  Cool

/jarmo

Jarmo, don't you ever get tired of these "one-on-one-battles" with these whiners?   Undecided

Give a crying/whining baby any attention and he will keep crying.....    yes

Stavanger-rock-city!!
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #4463 on: February 18, 2009, 05:04:10 AM »

Axl kept Robin(and the other members of the band) waiting for years. Was that fair?

Already addressed.

I can't believe you'd even make that kind of pointless comparison.

It's not like Axl joined NIN while the rest of the guys were at home waiting for him to come back so they can tour....

Im sure Robin wouldnt have left if he knew that CD had a clear cut solidified release date. I would wager that when he made his decision CD didnt have a release date or atleast a concrete one.

I'm glad you're so sure.

The fact still remains. How sure could he be that GN'R won't tour at all in 2008 or early/mid 2009 when he signed up for the NIN gig?

It seems like the other guys don't plan that far ahead in case GN'R needs them.

Maybe he wasn't thinking about the future, maybe he'd just take the day when it comes? Maybe he was just being naive and thinking NIN would be done by the time GN'R would be ready to go? Who knows.

It seems as if your questioning his loyalty...which boggles my mind.

Good. Because it's not what I'm questioning.

I'm wondering how people like yourself seem to think GN'R should be molded around the needs/wants of two guitar players, when there's a bunch of other guys in the band.

CD consisted of a group of members (the 2002) lineup that fans associate with GNR

Haha.

Sorry, that's kinda funny. Talk about a generalization to fit your own "agenda".

When Axl came back in 2001 he showcased a lineup that he felt was worthy of continuing the GNR and moving past the old lineup. Some people became fans of and became passionate about that era/band.

You make it sound like you're the only one who has experienced line up changes in the band. Do I need to remind you that many of us were fans back when the AFD line up were around?

We still manage to support the band in 2009.  Cool

/jarmo

Jarmo, don't you ever get tired of these "one-on-one-battles" with these whiners?   Undecided

Give a crying/whining baby any attention and he will keep crying.....    yes

I think it's kind of healthy. People can see how these whiners get picked a part day after day, ending up looking like idiots.

Yet they don't stop which again leads to great entertainment!  hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #4464 on: February 18, 2009, 07:08:08 AM »

Robin's site has been updated. http://robinfinck.com/

peace

There's a lovely 3 month window for a mini tour of the United States before they go off to Europe.

Or they could start things off in South America.  Weather permitting, of course.

well...it is more than obvious that Finck wont be in GNR these year! too bad...but lets move on!  NEXT! smoking

I could care less.  D can be the next GN'R guitar player, I'm just pointing out different scenarios.

I don't think D has the right look. He doesn't "FIT" what GNR are.  Wink

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4465 on: February 18, 2009, 10:02:26 AM »

that will be the D.

I think it's kind of healthy. People can see how these whiners get picked a part day after day, ending up looking like idiots.

if you're reading every post in every battle day after day, I don't think you're very healthy. hihi

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #4466 on: February 18, 2009, 10:06:26 AM »

I'm not quite sure why everyone is so happy about this.... Robin's last tour date w/ nin is june 13th, granted there is a gap before that..

I just dont see him w/ GNR during that time....

Plus I say let 4tus take his parts, find another rhythm guitarist, which would be alot easier....

Better for everybody
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #4467 on: February 18, 2009, 10:09:17 AM »

Have any of you heard what new guitarist might be picked to fill in that position?  smoking
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4468 on: February 18, 2009, 10:11:21 AM »

Have any of you heard what new guitarist might be picked to fill in that position?  smoking
what r u talking about?
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #4469 on: February 18, 2009, 10:28:04 AM »

what r u talking about?

Well isn't one of the current guitar players not going to tour with G&R?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4470 on: February 18, 2009, 10:33:39 AM »

Robin's last tour date w/ nin is june 13th,

maybe not. trent sounds they are touring much longer than that.

Plus I say let 4tus take his parts, find another rhythm guitarist, which would be alot easier....

Better for everybody

so why do you say everyone should be unhappy?

Forget world domination, forget rock domination.

Huh  I don't know about others, but I have never wanted GNR to take over the world. Succeed yes, but not to dominate the world. But I agree with you that so many changes in band's lineup are not not good for the band. I would have wanted Robin and Bucket to stay too, but then again, that was their choice to make, not ours.

Younggunner's conquest of the world starts now.
H76 nice to know I wasn't alone. Lets fight together to save the world from the evil empire!

World domination or ruling the world, doesn't it sound silly seeing as how in reality GNR's loved worldwide? hihi
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #4471 on: February 18, 2009, 10:58:15 AM »

maybe not. trent sounds they are touring much longer than that.

Exactly my point, this does not seem like good news for GNR @ all the way some make it seem...

so why do you say everyone should be unhappy?

Fortus plays the older stuff much better than Finck, and I think he has much better stage presence 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4472 on: February 18, 2009, 11:03:59 AM »

Fortus plays the older stuff much better than Finck, and I think he has much better stage presence 

I wouldn't say one is better than the other on both fronts. they are different in style and approach.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #4473 on: February 18, 2009, 11:52:19 AM »

I wouldn't say one is better than the other on both fronts. they are different in style and approach.

Of course...

I prefer Fortus, and would love to end this whole Finck speculation by promoting him to lead!
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #4474 on: February 18, 2009, 12:04:38 PM »

Of course...

I prefer Fortus, and would love to end this whole Finck speculation by promoting him to lead!
Normally I don't like to get in the mix on these discussions...but it is great to see someone who recognizes Fortus' talent.  With Bumble and Fortus handling lead duties, almost anybody could handle rythm duties.   peace

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
chramos
Headliner

GNR Rules!!!!

« Reply #4475 on: February 18, 2009, 12:29:10 PM »

www.robinfinck.com has been updated with NIN tour dates.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4476 on: February 18, 2009, 12:30:00 PM »

Of course...

Normally I don't like to get in the mix on these discussions...but it is great to see someone who recognizes Fortus' talent.  With Bumble and Fortus handling lead duties, almost anybody could handle rythm duties.   peace

Reading some of the posts, you'd think there was only one guy (Robin) who can play guitar in the line-up that toured in 2006-7...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4477 on: February 18, 2009, 12:42:36 PM »

Of course...

Reading some of the posts, you'd think there was only one guy (Robin) who can play guitar in the line-up that toured in 2006-7...

/jarmo

I think Robin won alot of fans over on that tour and now the converts are dissappointed to see him go;

from the earlier footage I saw of him during previous live performances (pre-2006)-I didn't care for him at all, from his stage presence to his actual performance; but during the most recent tour and the two live shows I went to (last hammerstein  and MSG), he started to win me over and thought his stage presence and performances were much better
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #4478 on: February 18, 2009, 12:49:22 PM »

Jarmo, let's face it , I don't know what's your problem with Robin but most of the fans wants him in the band and loves him. I know that GN'R is a band, that there's other guitarrists and all that stuff but Robin is special, is the right guy to be next to Axl and some people wants to see him in Guns N' Roses no matter the tour delays two or three months.

smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #4479 on: February 18, 2009, 01:18:27 PM »

Don't ever say "most fans" and Robin in the same paragraph, because you can't say that is true.  I'd take Buckethead with one arm over 3 Robins any day ending in "y", and I would wager there are many that would agree with me. 

If this was the first time Robin had "left" I'd be ok with it, but it's not.

I thought his stage presence was great too, but any hack in any guitar shop could butcher SCOM like Robin does. 

I love Robin as an artist, I hate the position that he seems to have put the fellas in.  What I hate more is that he does not seem to acknowledge anything publicly.  I don't need or deserve justification from Robin, but he apears to be considerate of his fans and I would have expected a bit more from him.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: