Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 12:50:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228564 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 788584 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #4440 on: February 17, 2009, 02:23:04 PM »

because of inactivity. the point is he came back and stayed with Axl for over a decade

I'm not blaming him.  I would have gotten worn out on waiting around too.  Maybe the NIN world is a little more fun than it used to be and so he's sticking with that paycheck.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4441 on: February 17, 2009, 02:46:43 PM »

Trent probaly came to him and said this is probaly the last time NIN will play in along time, so Robin decided to join.  Im sure at that point Robin never thought CD was going to be released cause even Axl himself said it was a miracle that it came out.  When Robin joined NIN back in April 08 I bet he figured that CD wouldn't probaly drop till 09.  Anyways the whole thing is probaly Robin wanted to play in NIN one last time, before he concentrated on GnR so maybe he will join them on a another leg of a tour if GnR do tour this year ? or he sits out 09 ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4442 on: February 17, 2009, 03:17:16 PM »

Axl kept Robin(and the other members of the band) waiting for years. Was that fair?

Already addressed.

I can't believe you'd even make that kind of pointless comparison.

It's not like Axl joined NIN while the rest of the guys were at home waiting for him to come back so they can tour....

Im sure Robin wouldnt have left if he knew that CD had a clear cut solidified release date. I would wager that when he made his decision CD didnt have a release date or atleast a concrete one.

I'm glad you're so sure.

The fact still remains. How sure could he be that GN'R won't tour at all in 2008 or early/mid 2009 when he signed up for the NIN gig?

It seems like the other guys don't plan that far ahead in case GN'R needs them.

Maybe he wasn't thinking about the future, maybe he'd just take the day when it comes? Maybe he was just being naive and thinking NIN would be done by the time GN'R would be ready to go? Who knows.

It seems as if your questioning his loyalty...which boggles my mind.

Good. Because it's not what I'm questioning.

I'm wondering how people like yourself seem to think GN'R should be molded around the needs/wants of two guitar players, when there's a bunch of other guys in the band.

CD consisted of a group of members (the 2002) lineup that fans associate with GNR

Haha.

Sorry, that's kinda funny. Talk about a generalization to fit your own "agenda".

When Axl came back in 2001 he showcased a lineup that he felt was worthy of continuing the GNR and moving past the old lineup. Some people became fans of and became passionate about that era/band.

You make it sound like you're the only one who has experienced line up changes in the band. Do I need to remind you that many of us were fans back when the AFD line up were around?

We still manage to support the band in 2009.  Cool

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4443 on: February 17, 2009, 03:46:34 PM »

Maybe he wasn't thinking about the future, maybe he'd just take the day when it comes? Maybe he was just being naive and thinking NIN would be done by the time GN'R would be ready to go? Who knows.
questions that I wish he would answer already

You make it sound like you're the only one who has experienced line up changes in the band. Do I need to remind you that many of us were fans back when the AFD line up were around?

We still manage to support the band in 2009. 

Supporting and being passionate about a fan/team are two different things

As I stated, the people who grew up with the old band were passionate about that band. They asscociate GNR with those members from that era.

When that era ended there support or passion for Gnr went in several directions. Some have rejected Axls new vision of gnr, some support, and some became passionate

The new era of GNR is asscociated with the rio/02 lineup. The majority of CD was created from that lineup.
With that being said, some have rejected, supported, became passionate.

Now we have a band not only without its lead guitarist from the older era, but do not have the 2 new lead guitarists they supported and were asked to give a chance from the new era.

My point is how many times can Axl ask the fans and then expect they become passionate about his vision and ever evolving band?

Ill only speak for myself but I imagine some or many have the same point of view...I will always be a passionate Axl fan and will always support GNR...no matter who is in the band. But I, (like the people of the afd/uyi era} was passionate about a band and not just one person with the 2000-2002 lineup. Now I understand the arguments that were made on these boards back in the day with the old time fans. It kind of has come full circle to me. I now get their point of view in regards to old vs new.

Jarmo, GnR, an all time great American/world rock band are missing 3 of the guitarists that helped make their albums. Slash, Bucket, Robin. Not one of them is in the band at this point. When I go to a show how can I get pumped about Bumble and or the new player when they have no connection to the past? Btw, this does not mean I think he blows or cant play. I will be going to see Axl and to support the band as a whole. I admire TOmmy, but rock is about the singer and lead guitarist. Gnr have no identity besides Axl

With the old band they had Axl and Slash

With the new era they would have had Bucket and or Robin

With all that being said, Bucket chose not to be here. Ok fine. RObin its unclear. But what we do know is that the situation of GNR has helped shaped their decisions. If Axl was more consistent with touring and more structured they they would both be there. It seems to me Axl and or the fans want to have their cake and eat it too. He/they think that Axl can do whatever he wants to do and still expect their to be a band ready and waiting for him when he rings the bell. It doesnt work like that. It is my understanding that 99% of the musicians out there want to create and then tour on their own material. Not wait around.

Which is why this has turned into NIN part 2. And thats not a bad thing. Its just not a complete band because its too inconsistent. Axl gets to do what he wants, when he wants, which is fine. Its his show. If the guys want to stick around, great, if not theyll find someone to replace them. Its not bad but its not great either.

I can argue with someone all day and night about old gnr vs 2000-02 gnr. i can argue with that person that lineup was not only worthy of carrying on the gnr name but was just as good if not better than the old lineup.

I cant make that same argument today with the current lineup.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 04:18:43 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4444 on: February 17, 2009, 04:13:46 PM »

My point is how many times can Axl ask the fans and then expect they become passionate about his vision and ever evolving band?

According to your logic, shouldn't once be enough?

One line up change is one too many right?

So in your case, when Paul Tobias wasn't in the band anymore and was replaced by Richard, "your" GN'R stopped existing?

I now get their point of view in regards to old vs new.

Of course you do because you sound just like them nowadays.

Same shit, different names....

Jarmo, GnR, an all time great American/world rock band are missing 3 of the guitarists that helped make their albums. Slash, Bucket, Robin.

Wow.

Maybe GN'R helped make them?

Yeah, they left. That's the reality.

What can you do? Cry?

When I go to a show how can I get pumped about Bumble and or the new player when they have no connection to the past? 

Drink a 12-pack....  hihi

I never get "pumped" to see this guy or that guy. For me it's more about the fact that I'll be seeing my all time favorite band play all those great songs that I love.... Of course it helps that my all tie favorite singer is there.

Gnr have no identity besides Axl

All right.

With the new era they would have had Bucket and or Robin

I don't get this anti-Ron sentiment you seem to have.

Is he invisible?

He's on the album, he talks to people, he plays guitar.....

What about Richard?

It seems to me Axl and or the fans want to have their cake and eat it too.

Or maybe some think Robin can do that? Leave and come back as he pleases.

He/they think that Axl can do whatever he wants to do and still expect their to be a band ready and waiting for him when he rings the bell. It doesnt work like that. It is my understanding that 99% of the musicians out there want to create and then tour on their own material. Not wait around.

You're making everything seem so simple.

You forgot to weigh in shit that we don't have any clue about.

Maybe the band members knew why they had to wait? Maybe they have a far better understanding on why things don't always go as smoothly? Maybe they understand why the album wasn't out before November?

It's not that difficult to understand that waiting is a lot easier when you know that it will definitely be worth it in the end...

I cant make that same argument today with the current lineup.

Good thing you don't argue about the name because you'd probably lose... You haven't even convinced me. hihi

Maybe you have noticed how you managed to turn this thread into a real Dead Horse topic. Just like many of those "old band" fans like do.  ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 04:50:16 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4445 on: February 17, 2009, 04:25:52 PM »

Didn't Axl himself clarified the Robin (n Bucket by the way) situation in his interview on line? Basically when it cames time to tour they'll just see whos available and if an agreement can be reached.
I love Robin, his stage preseance in the show i went was amazing, find it hard to deny is dedication to CD, n i'm keeping my fingers crossed hopping he comes back. But regardless of who's on lead guitar, i'll go n see all GNR shows i can. I'm sure they'll pick someone who can do the job, and most important that want's to do the job.
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #4446 on: February 17, 2009, 04:33:08 PM »

I'm just guessing that Robin knew that this tour with NIN would be the last or one of the last, and he just wanted to be part of the band that made him famous before they are on a extended hiatus or retired.  I hope he returns shortly when Guns is ready. 

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4447 on: February 17, 2009, 04:33:21 PM »

So in your case, when Paul Tobias wasn't in the band anymore and was replaced by Richard, "your" GN'R stopped existing?
a) Tobias wasnt a lead guitar player
b)he was more of a behind the scenes member of the band

I never get "pumped" to see this guy or that guy. For me it's more about the fact that I'll be seeing my all time favorite band play all those great songs that I love.... Of course it helps that my all tie favorite singer is there.
Who is in your "all time favorite band"? Your really going to see your all time favorite singer not band. Maybe fractions of a band but not a complete band

You're making everything seem so simple.

You forgot to weigh in shit that we don't have any clue about.

Maybe the band members knew why they had to wait? Maybe they have a far better understanding on why things don't always go as smoothly? Maybe they understand why the album wasn't out before November?

It's not that difficult to understand that waiting is a lot easier when you know that it will definitely be worth it in the end...
Im only going on public knowledge. Ive heard band members state that the album could have been released many different times over the yrs as well. Their loyalty and classy( Grin) demonstration of patience and willing to take uncalled for shots from the media and fans is admirable.

What exactely has the waiting done for Tommy, Pitman, Fortus, etc? Where is this pot of gold and instant fame?

Good thing you don't argue about the name because you'd probably lose...  
So this current lineup is as good as the 00-02 and or old lineup?  no

Maybe you have noticed how you managed to turn this thread into a real Dead Horse topic. Just like many of those "old band" fans like do.
Or maybe its not the fans that turn it into a dead horse topic but the action/s within the GNR world that seems like its the same old stuff?

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 04:39:26 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4448 on: February 17, 2009, 05:04:49 PM »

a) Tobias wasnt a lead guitar player
b)he was more of a behind the scenes member of the band

But it's still not the same band!

I thought you wanted the same people who created the album to be there...

I'm just kidding. I know what this is about.

This is the same old "GN'R stops being GN'R when my guy(s) leave".

Many fans didn't have issues with Steven being gone. Or with Izzy leaving....

It's only when "their guy" decides to leave that the issues arise.....

Your really going to see your all time favorite singer not band. Maybe fractions of a band but not a complete band

Who are you to tell me who I'm going to see?

It's not one guy onstage, it's a full band.

It's like a team.

When people go see the Rangers, I don't think they go to see Mark Messier.... He's probably not gonna be there on the ice.....  Wink

Im only going on public knowledge.

Weird, one one hand you admit not knowing, on the other you're "sure" about things.

What exactely has the waiting done for Tommy, Pitman, Fortus, etc? Where is this pot of gold and instant fame?

At Best Buy?

So this current lineup is as good as the 00-02 and or old lineup?  no

Well I didn't leave one show feeling disappointed in 2006 or 2007.  yes

Or maybe its not the fans that turn it into a dead horse topic but the action/s within the GNR world that seems like its the same old stuff?

No, it's you.

Not everything stays the same in life. Especially over a period of decades.

Most people tend to adjust and move on.

/jarmo

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #4449 on: February 17, 2009, 05:33:55 PM »

It is really this simple. If Robin decide to not be a part of the GnR tour, then i guess they will find a new guitarist. Robin is a grown up man, and if he choose to leave, well thats up to him. If he wants to stay, and it crashes with NIN, he has to make a choise. I respect whatever choise he makes. I really want to see him Live with Guns, but its not like i start complaining and attack him or the band if that happens. I trust the band can make it on the road anyways, and it wont change my view on the band, (unless they get a guitarist i dont like, to replace him, but i dont see that happen)

Take a look at bands like... A Perfect Circle. They have had line Up changes after almost every album, smal changes or big... Lots of band has.. it dont make me freak out. Sometimes it can be rather interesting.. I know there has been some changes over the years in GnR.. but there are still people hanging in there, like Tommy, Chris, Brain,  Richard, Dizzy...

Its also important to remember that Robin has a long history with NIN also..

The question about if GnR should be more open about the subject, well, what if they dont know exactly whats gonna happen.. Then i guess the best thing is to wait it out until they can give us a 100% answer. If not, someone would be complaing about the band lying etc etc...

Lets just wait it out, and see what happens when a future tour begins, its not like Robin is not on the Record you just bought

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4450 on: February 17, 2009, 06:09:36 PM »

Axl said Gun's has no tour plans ! so maybe they won't start till fall ! NIN will be done after the summer.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4451 on: February 17, 2009, 07:23:25 PM »

Axl kept Robin(and the other members of the band) waiting for years. Was that fair?

What makes you think Axl kept them waiting??  How do you know that Axl (or whomever gives that info) didn't keep everyone completely informed of all the status changes/updates every step of the way??   Huh

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #4452 on: February 17, 2009, 07:24:34 PM »

Agreed with you in everything, Jarmo.

I didn't know who the fuck Robin was until he joined GNR.

I just want him in the band. He and Axl co-leaded the best GNR lineup ever, and one of the best rock bands I've ever seen. They made together the best combo GNR has ever had.

I can imagine Robin's the main problem here, not GNR. All I wish is both parts get along.

Explain to me how he and Axl Co-lead Guns N' Roses???

Axl is at the head of the table alone when it comes to Guns N' Roses... while he isn't shy to give credit where credit is due as far as song writing goes, I wouldn't exactly give anyone else equal billing with Axl.

This is where I think Axl really put together a strong lineup, you can cut out and replace any member (axl excluded) and chug along with out missing a beat.
Bucket leaves and Ron fills right in... Brain leaves and Frank fills right in... I have no worries that after a touring leg people will be raving about Guitar Player X like he is the greatest thing since rock guitar was invented.

Simple. They were the two main scenic forces in 2006-2007. Robin's the only person who could erase Axl from the stage when he was soloing or running, or jumping around. Stage presence, feeling, vibe. When Robin played the solos for SCOM, TWAT, or Street Of Dreams, it was him and the stage. He's incredibly magnetic, like no other GNR member from this current lineup or any of the past.

This is where I think Axl really put together a strong lineup, you can cut out and replace any member (axl excluded) and chug along with out missing a beat.

this is the stupidest (or is it ''most stupid?'') thing I've read in a long time. GNR is not a fucking jigsaw.

I do see a band when I watch my Rock Am Ring DVD. I do hear a band when I hear CD. Everyone is important in this band. Only difference is Robin is MORE than important for this band.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 07:26:37 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #4453 on: February 17, 2009, 08:14:07 PM »

Why is there so much hate towards Bumble in this thread?

I've read a few posts that say He should be gone not Robin.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Kodak
Opening Act

« Reply #4454 on: February 17, 2009, 10:01:19 PM »

this is the stupidest (or is it ''most stupid?'') thing I've read in a long time. GNR is not a fucking jigsaw.

its most stupid  hihi

Saber idiomas es tener cultura . quel que chose que je pense todas las d?as
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #4455 on: February 17, 2009, 10:03:56 PM »

Robin's site has been updated. http://robinfinck.com/

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #4456 on: February 17, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »

I do see a band when I watch my Rock Am Ring DVD. I do hear a band when I hear CD. Everyone is important in this band. Only difference is Robin is MORE than important for this band.

It seems that they are the definition of a Jigsaw puzzle... Look at how many times this band has changed personel since 1990 (departure of Steven), and they haven't skipped a beat. They have looked amazing on stage during every tour since. 02' being the weakest IMO...
What makes Robin different than Steven, Izzy, Gilby, Slash, Matt, Duff, Bucket, Paul, or Brain?
As far as Stage presence nobody brings it harder than Richard on a nightly basis. I get it, you like Robin...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #4457 on: February 17, 2009, 10:52:26 PM »

peace

There's a lovely 3 month window for a mini tour of the United States before they go off to Europe.

Or they could start things off in South America.  Weather permitting, of course.
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #4458 on: February 17, 2009, 11:44:04 PM »

peace

There's a lovely 3 month window for a mini tour of the United States before they go off to Europe.

Or they could start things off in South America.  Weather permitting, of course.

well...it is more than obvious that Finck wont be in GNR these year! too bad...but lets move on!  NEXT! smoking
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #4459 on: February 17, 2009, 11:47:03 PM »

peace

well...it is more than obvious that Finck wont be in GNR these year! too bad...but lets move on!  NEXT! smoking

I could care less.  D can be the next GN'R guitar player, I'm just pointing out different scenarios.
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: