Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 10:13:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228563 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 788333 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4400 on: February 12, 2009, 02:12:43 PM »

It's a shame Robin left. What a HUGE part of the band. Major downgrade for gnr without robin.
Who said he left? Don't assume things, put a big "IF" in your sentence.

You quoted jarmo talking about wishful things, but did the same.

Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #4401 on: February 12, 2009, 11:19:55 PM »

It's a shame Robin left. What a HUGE part of the band. Major downgrade for gnr without robin.

If hes still in GNR why hes name isnt in the band members section(myspace) anymore?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4402 on: February 13, 2009, 12:23:03 AM »

if its true that rehearsal's start soon for GnR and Robin is touring with NIN in Austrailia, it pretty much sums it up right there. 

Unfortuantly, I hope there is some way for Robin to join maybe in the near future.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Juanjay
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4403 on: February 13, 2009, 02:19:11 AM »

Umm Dave Navarro is in the studio with the rest of Jane's Addiction (at Trent's Studio). And whether that means Robin comes back or not is up to Robin.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #4404 on: February 13, 2009, 05:09:18 AM »

There's a pic of Dave Navarro with Reznor in NIN

I hope it means something...

Robin back to GN'R and Navarro replacing him in NIN?

I think the only thing it means is that Dave and Trent were in the same place at the same time.

The rest is either speculation and/or wishful thinking.

/jarmo

It's a shame Robin left. What a HUGE part of the band. Major downgrade for gnr without robin. same thing happened when the bucket left. its a shame...

I agree that it's a shame if Robin indeed did leave GN'R. Not in a million years will I ever understand why, even if bucket was to come back. I mean this is the first "real" band where Robin has truly had the chance to show off his creative skills.

But to put Robin and Bucket in the same basked is just out of this world.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 09:08:10 AM by erose » Logged

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Padmasana
Headliner

King of Beers

« Reply #4405 on: February 13, 2009, 09:01:57 AM »

I agree that it's a shame if indeed did leave GN'R. Not in a million years will I ever understand why, even if bucket was to come back. I mean this is the first "real" band where Robin has truly had the chance to show off his creative skills.

He probably prefers touring.

And I'd move to question the notion of a 'real' band... GN'R have a pretty similar set-up in terms of creating music, releases and music making to NIN these days.

Funny how everything was Roses when we held onto the Guns...
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #4406 on: February 13, 2009, 09:12:12 AM »

I agree that it's a shame if indeed did leave GN'R. Not in a million years will I ever understand why, even if bucket was to come back. I mean this is the first "real" band where Robin has truly had the chance to show off his creative skills.

And I'd move to question the notion of a 'real' band... GN'R have a pretty similar set-up in terms of creating music, releases and music making to NIN these days.

So if he prefers touring, isn't it a little wierd that he chooses to leave just before going on tour?

GN'R and NIN might be similar in some ways, but Robin never created anything for NIN like he has for GN'R. At least not that I know of anyway. Did he do anything for the latest NIN record?

But then again, Robin is Robin.  Cool

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4407 on: February 13, 2009, 09:30:35 AM »

If hes still in GNR why hes name isnt in the band members section(myspace) anymore?
Did you not read what Axl himself said about Robin status? The MySpace thing isn't a confirmation.

if its true that rehearsal's start soon for GnR and Robin is touring with NIN in Austrailia, it pretty much sums it up right there. 
Soon is a pretty elusive word. AFAIK, Robin could just finish a leg with NIN and then come back to US for rehearsals with GN'R. Or he can leave anytime he wants, just like the bass player did with Trent.

If Robin wants to stay with NIN, that's just fine. I don't like it, but it's his decision. I just don't see a reason on why people keep assuming things when Axl already cleared things up on this matter. We don't know what's going on with Robin yet, we can't assume he's in or out untill Guns show up on stage. Even the rehearsals could start without him (as they did with Ron in 2006 for several weeks).

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4408 on: February 13, 2009, 09:39:47 AM »

yea and you tell voodoo why brain is rehearsing hihi
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #4409 on: February 13, 2009, 09:59:02 AM »

So if he prefers touring, isn't it a little wierd that he chooses to leave just before going on tour?

But GNR hasn't played a show in nearly 2 years.  How long are you supposed to sit around and wait? Especially when your contributions to an album have been completed for years.  The guy got tired of waiting and around and took another project. It's that simple.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #4410 on: February 13, 2009, 02:51:26 PM »

It could simply be that his last contract with Guns N' Roses expired and GN'R is no longer legally entitled to use his name and likeness for promotional purposes...

Not saying that's the case... but who knows?

Axl has said that Robin's status will be clarified at the appropriate time (i.e. when GN'R decides to engage in band-related activities for Chinese Democracy- i.e. touring, new videos, rehearsals, etc.).

Useless to speculate until then (whenever "then" is) IMHO. ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4411 on: February 14, 2009, 12:15:01 PM »

Well it looks like its officially official. Auditions have started/ended and Robin is finito.

Rather see the replacemtn replace Bfoot not Robin. Hopefully one day Robin grows a pair of balls and tells us why he quit and wouldnt come back after his NIN tour is up.

Does it even matter anymore? We have the album in our hands and if we can see Axl do a show here and there thats all we can ask for at this point. Forget world domination, forget rock domination..atleast in the publics eye. Its just in our eyes and mind. Too much inconsistency with the lineup to even come close to that. Every tour has a new member/s. The end of the "new era" of Gnr will end when/ if Tommy ever left and then I can see Axl moving on to something completely different.

What a shame. Over 200 pages for this guy and he cant even tell us why. And the bigger shame is that he and Bucket chose not to stick with this band. That is how world domination would have been achieved. I understand Robins frustrations of the whole process all these years...but wtf? Its here. Its out. You didnt jump ship years ago like Bucket did. You held on till the end. Do what you have to do with NIN and then come back and represent that decade you spent your life working on. I understand Axl messed up in not releasing the album when this stuff was ready to hit the shelves but whatever. What could have been is what pisses me off the most.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 12:23:32 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4412 on: February 14, 2009, 12:29:24 PM »

What a shame. Over 200 pages for this guy

weren't you saying the same from the first page of this thread?

I 'm yet to be so sure about the audition thingy. It could be just a one nite jam.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4413 on: February 14, 2009, 12:34:42 PM »

I 'm yet to be so sure about the audition thingy. It could be just a one nite jam.
ppbebe, even though you always disagree with me all the time, I like you. I enjoy your enthusiasm, etc. I too am a wishful thinker. But we have to just let it go. Wishful thinking and this band do not mix. Im not saying "da kid"(mike francessa anyone? Grin) has the job but its clear Robin isnt going to come back and auditions have taken place.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #4414 on: February 14, 2009, 12:57:40 PM »

ppbebe, even though you always disagree with me all the time, I like you. I enjoy your enthusiasm, etc. I too am a wishful thinker. But we have to just let it go. Wishful thinking and this band do not mix. Im not saying "da kid"(mike francessa anyone? Grin) has the job but its clear Robin isnt going to come back and auditions have taken place.

Looking that way.... although I still think the "place holder" status for Sterling is valid too. A lot easier to have an 18 year old come down and make his dreams by letting him rehearse with Guns N' Roses for a few weeks/months and then part ways (after paying him for his work) when things get cleared up with Robin than to do so with a veteran "name" rock guitarist IMHO.

I generally agree though... it's looking like Robin has decided to move on to other things and GN'R is acting/planning accordingly...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4415 on: February 14, 2009, 01:04:02 PM »

i don't think it that clear yet.
but come clean now, you like jarmo more!  love

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #4416 on: February 16, 2009, 06:47:45 PM »

REZNOR Confirms JANE'S ADDICTION Tour Rumors, Says It's Time To Make NIN Disappear For A While - Feb. 16, 2009

NINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor has posted the following message on the band's official web site:

"Towards the beginning of my career in NINE INCH NAILS, our biggest break came in the form of an invitation to perform a series of shows with JANE'S ADDICTION. These performances essentially created and defined the term 'alternative' rock in the U.S., created an ongoing festival franchise that is still thriving (Lollapalooza), set the stage for NIRVANA to shift popular taste a few months later, and were really fucking FUN to play and attend ? truly the best times I've had. The shows were epic. So epic, they propelled NIN to the 'next level' (whatever that means), but caused JANE'S to implode. The band broke up at the end of that tour.

"Fast forward to the present. Corporate rock STILL sucks. A friend tells me they saw the original JANE'S lineup play a tiny show in L.A. that was unbelievable. I break out my JANE'S records and am amazed by how vital they sound. These guys were the real deal and in this current climate mostly dominated by poseurs and pussies, it was refreshing to hear something that sounded dangerous, volatile, beautiful and SINCERE.

"E-mails were sent, phone calls were made, dinner was arranged, ideas were discussed and the next thing I know we're in the studio experimenting. We laugh, we get to know each other, we cry, we yell, we almost quit, we record LOTS of guitar solos, we discuss, we actually begin to all communicate, we yell some more, we become FRIENDS, we laugh again and we do some great things. I get to see first-hand why they broke up all those years ago but I also get the chance to see four distinct personalities that become an INCREDIBLE band when they're in the same room.

"In NIN world, 2009 marks the 20th anniversary of our first releases. I've been thinking for some time now it's time to make NIN disappear for a while. Last year's 'Lights in the Sky' tour was something I'm quite proud of and seems like the culmination of what I could pull off in terms of an elaborate production. It was also quite difficult to pull off technically and physically night after night and left us all a bit dazed. After some thought, we decided to book a last run of shows across the globe this year. The approach to these shows is quite different from last year ? much more raw, spontaneous and less scripted. Fun for us and a different way for you to see us and wave goodbye. I reached out to JANE'S to see if they'd want to join us across the U.S. and we all felt it could be a great thing. Will it work? Will it resonate in the marketplace? Who knows. Is there big record label marketing dollars to convince you to attend? Nope. Does it feel right to us and does it seem like it will be fun for us and you? Yes it does.

"Look for tour dates soon and I hope to see you out there."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=114497

2.16.09: A note from Trent and a wave goodbye

http://www.nin.com/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4417 on: February 16, 2009, 06:56:28 PM »

that doesn't suck from my point of view on robins status Cheesy
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #4418 on: February 16, 2009, 07:26:58 PM »

Does it even matter anymore? We have the album in our hands and if we can see Axl do a show here and there thats all we can ask for at this point. Forget world domination, forget rock domination..atleast in the publics eye. Its just in our eyes and mind. Too much inconsistency with the lineup to even come close to that. Every tour has a new member/s. The end of the "new era" of Gnr will end when/ if Tommy ever left and then I can see Axl moving on to something completely different.

What a shame. Over 200 pages for this guy and he cant even tell us why. And the bigger shame is that he and Bucket chose not to stick with this band. That is how world domination would have been achieved. I understand Robins frustrations of the whole process all these years...but wtf? Its here. Its out. You didnt jump ship years ago like Bucket did. You held on till the end. Do what you have to do with NIN and then come back and represent that decade you spent your life working on. I understand Axl messed up in not releasing the album when this stuff was ready to hit the shelves but whatever. What could have been is what pisses me off the most.

Huh  I don't know about others, but I have never wanted GNR to take over the world. Succeed yes, but not to dominate the world. But I agree with you that so many changes in band's lineup are not not good for the band. I would have wanted Robin and Bucket to stay too, but then again, that was their choice to make, not ours.

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #4419 on: February 16, 2009, 08:26:20 PM »

I can smell robin's comeback. I know it's gonna happen  ok

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10