Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 07:40:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 788162 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4380 on: February 04, 2009, 06:43:54 PM »

What I fail to understand, in fact it boggles my mind, that this thread has 218(!) pages of pure speculation without a shred of any real indication that Robin has in fact left the band for good. Can somebody, after thoundands upon thoudsands of posts on the subject, present me with one single real indication or fact to back up the claim that Robin has left the band?

Thank you.

You can't have read the thread very carefully.

One last time:

Guns N' Roses removed him from an article on their website listing band members.

Guns N' Roses had him removed from the list of band members on their iTunes pre-order page.

Guns N' Roses removed him from the list of band members on their myspace page.

Robin is working with Nine Inch Nails and Trent Reznor says he's there to stay.

If that's your idea of 'no evidence', what else can be said.

but wasn't that easier for the person who posted that rather than read thru 219 pages hihi rofl
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4381 on: February 04, 2009, 06:51:26 PM »

No, what I want is for Axl and the band to be out there right now making videos, touring, interviews, performances, etc.

But thats not realistic because there lead guitar player is playing with NIN. Plus we dont even know if hes in our out.

You "contradict" yourself.

First you say he's touring with NIN and that makes it impossible for GN'R to do anything, only to say you don't know even know if he's in GN'R.

So if you don't know his status in the band, how can you know if he's having any effect on the band? confused

Your suggestions are basic common sense.

And also happens to be what GN'R said in 2008 about the Robin situation. That once they (GN'R) start making plans, they'll see where Robin is at. Then go from there....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4382 on: February 04, 2009, 07:03:01 PM »

First you say he's touring with NIN and that makes it impossible for GN'R to do anything, only to say you don't know even know if he's in GN'R.

So if you don't know his status in the band, how can you know if he's having any effect on the band?

If Axl doesnt know if hes in the band or not how the hell do I know? I just go on whats been said on here and to me.

And also happens to be what GN'R said in 2008 about the Robin situation. That once they (GN'R) start making plans, they'll see where Robin is at. Then go from there....

See, I think that Robin held the cards to what GNR would be doing. Axl is waiting on RObin because Im sure Axl would rather wait and continue foward with RObin rather than finding another guitarist. Hopefully RObin returns the favor to Axl and re joins GNR when his NIN obligations are up.

I highly doubt that Axl envisioned Robin or any other of the main players in the band to leave when he finally handed over CD. I highly doubt it was Axls plan this whole time to remain silent and not do much after he dropped the album. Imo, Robin altered all the plans. GNR were/are waiting on Robin, not the other way around.

Yea there comes a point where Axl has to say fuck it and move on. I guess we will know when we see whos on stage for the next tour.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 07:07:25 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4383 on: February 04, 2009, 07:12:47 PM »

If Axl doesnt know if hes in the band or not how the hell do I know? I just go on whats been said on here and to me.

Fair enough. I was just wondering since you made assumptions based on one possible scenario....

I highly doubt that Axl envisioned Robin or any other of the main players in the band to leave when he finally handed over CD.

Things don't always go as we wish/hoped for.

GN'R has known about Robin's involvement with NIN for a while now...

It's not like it came as a surprise in November when the album was about to come out.

So I'm not sure if his absence has had the effect you describe.

Also, other members have been doing side projects between now and last November.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #4384 on: February 04, 2009, 07:25:14 PM »

don't always go as we wish/hoped for.

GN'R has known about Robin's involvement with NIN for a while now...

It's not like it came as a surprise in November when the album was about to come out.

So I'm not sure if his absence has had the effect you describe.

Also, other members have been doing side projects between now and last November.

You are correct. Axl knew about Robins decision long before November. To my knowledge he knew since the first week of April. But I still disagree with you on the fact that Robin didnt throw a monkey wrench into all of the plans.

Robin is a key piece to the album. How can Axl shoot music videos, do performances, etc if Robin is in NIN? Not only that but it is still unclear if Robin just took a break from GNR or quit. I personally think he quit based on all the info I have. So with that being said, Axl had from April to November to figure out what to do. Id imagine that he probably tried to convince Robin to come back during that period. If he was able to do so, then it makes sense, and was the right move, to go back into hiding after the album was released while Robin finsihed up his obligations.
I would think that if Robin told him that he flat out quit then Axl would have already told us at some point in time. I think that because there has been no definitive statement it leads me to believe that Axl is hoping that he will come back when his NIN stuff is finished.

So I think its perfectly  logical to think that the Robin situation botched the majority of plans that they had. You cant tell me taht if Robin never left that we wouldnt have videos, interviews, etc by now....and maybe even a tour or atleast a tour announcement.

I doubt Fortus or Bfoot would hold up gnr plans for a side gig.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 07:32:19 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4385 on: February 04, 2009, 07:30:32 PM »

As far as we know, the Better video was done without Robin.

So it's not impossible....

If you look back in GN'R's history, they've managed to make videos without a member present before....  Wink

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #4386 on: February 04, 2009, 07:33:53 PM »

As far as we know, the Better video was done without Robin.

So it's not impossible....

If you look back in GN'R's history, they've managed to make videos without a member present before.... 

yea but was a "live" video the plan this whole time? or since they didnt know what there lead guitarist was doing they decided to do the next best thing?

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #4387 on: February 04, 2009, 07:46:53 PM »

Im curious if they would make the Better video with footage of Buckethead from the 01/02 tours,
I mean, it seems like Bucket and Axl are still on reasonable good terms and Bucket has been an instrumental part of chinese democracy, it would only make sense.
as for Finck, however, I doubt he'll be in the video.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4388 on: February 04, 2009, 08:15:50 PM »

I think he would since his playing is featured on the song.  I hope he stays with Gn'R if they tour again, but who knows.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #4389 on: February 04, 2009, 11:00:56 PM »

At this point I'm just hoping that whomever tours with them can play the shit out of This I Love

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #4390 on: February 04, 2009, 11:12:00 PM »

Patti hood mentioned she'd like to tour with gnr if there was a chance it could happen..

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4391 on: February 05, 2009, 12:18:03 PM »

Is this posted yet?
from the dexter chats

Bruno Poeys: Now that you said that please tell us if Robin's out or not... because, otherwise, we'll be reading several 'Axl wants Bucket back and Robin/Bumble/Richard out' type of threads for the entire '09 year and these threads annoy us, the new lineup fans.

Axl: It really is what it is. No decisions have been made by either him, I or us that I'm aware of.

When we're touring or working in the studio or there's social things like a friend's dinner or party whatever we would hang. But as people get older they have their own lives. The Stones aren't going bowling every Tuesday etc.

Robin leads one of the most different lives I know of starting with the trapeze in his backyard to the tv in his closet. Robin's work on the next is done so there's not lots for him to do here except the elusive promo and he'd rather be on stage.

It's more about seeing where things are when Guns decides it's right for a tour and if we're able to make agreements we both are comfortable and can live with at that time

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1973

Im curious if they would make the Better video with footage of Buckethead from the 01/02 tours,
I mean, it seems like Bucket and Axl are still on reasonable good terms and Bucket has been an instrumental part of chinese democracy, it would only make sense.
as for Finck, however, I doubt he'll be in the video.

how come.

lars talked about a scene of he and axl hugging each other backstage.
Dexter also said that
The bike appeared with Rocket Queen at Melbourne show should be in the video.

Guess there are probably some shots from 06/07 tours in the video.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #4392 on: February 11, 2009, 01:27:15 AM »

We'll probably find out the lineup some time after the tour is announced.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #4393 on: February 11, 2009, 05:45:29 PM »

There's a pic of Dave Navarro with Reznor in NIN

I hope it means something...

Robin back to GN'R and Navarro replacing him in NIN?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4394 on: February 11, 2009, 09:03:40 PM »

I think the only thing it means is that Dave and Trent were in the same place at the same time.

The rest is either speculation and/or wishful thinking.

/jarmo

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #4395 on: February 11, 2009, 09:21:18 PM »

I think wishful thinking are the words...

Padmasana
Headliner

King of Beers

« Reply #4396 on: February 11, 2009, 10:35:51 PM »

I agree... Navarro in NIN? I was a bit surprised when I saw the pic come up on nin.com.

Funny how everything was Roses when we held onto the Guns...
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #4397 on: February 12, 2009, 01:00:38 AM »

trent have posted also pics of the other members of janes addiction
almost sure he is producing the JA record..

navarro pic doesnt mean anything.. the good part is that unless robin is also contributing to the project
he is free.. and we know by the brain mail that rehearsals are around the corner

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #4398 on: February 12, 2009, 01:49:21 PM »

I think the only thing it means is that Dave and Trent were in the same place at the same time.

The rest is either speculation and/or wishful thinking.

/jarmo

It's a shame Robin left. What a HUGE part of the band. Major downgrade for gnr without robin. same thing happened when the bucket left. its a shame...
Padmasana
Headliner

King of Beers

« Reply #4399 on: February 12, 2009, 02:07:17 PM »

It's a shame Robin left. What a HUGE part of the band. Major downgrade for gnr without robin. same thing happened when the bucket left. its a shame...

Robin = the 'new' GN'R to me.

Funny how everything was Roses when we held onto the Guns...
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: