Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 02:45:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 788055 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4340 on: December 08, 2008, 03:04:13 AM »

Id rather be in a band where I am allowed to create then be in a band where a dude does it all and tells me what to play. although the GNR inactivity would be a pain in the ass I admit.

Maybe Robin has a different idea of what he prefers to do..
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #4341 on: December 08, 2008, 08:28:29 AM »

Why can't robin be in gn'r and nin? ALL other members have other bands on the side. NIN just happens to be a bit bigger than the rest...

Do you think maybe robin is pissed cuz some of his parts on CD were pushed back in the mix to give other guitarists more space? I know these types of moves tends to piss off guitarplayers who holds on the "Lead Guitarist" label like a chick with with dick. Is this why he so low key? Did he ever do any interviews for NIN latley?

I'm still very puzzled about what robin and others think about this whole thing.

Just when you thought that  the gn'r world would become common, lame and heavily promoted it just became more exciting than ever!!

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #4342 on: December 08, 2008, 08:59:29 AM »

Why can't robin be in gn'r and nin? ALL other members have other bands on the side. NIN just happens to be a bit bigger than the rest...

Once again, because NIN is a fulltime band, not a side-project that revolves around GNRs erratic schedule. Do you think Trent Reznor will work his touring and recording plans around Axl's?  rofl

And there goes the challenger...
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #4343 on: December 08, 2008, 09:07:54 AM »

Once again, because NIN is a fulltime band, not a side-project that revolves around GNRs erratic schedule. Do you think Trent Reznor will work his touring and recording plans around Axl's?  rofl

well, I don't.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #4344 on: December 08, 2008, 09:47:36 AM »

rofl Wow, great answer! So you think robin has had a full time job with nin lately? How much did he write for the latest nin record? How much has he written for any nin record? Has he given any interviews while working his full time job in nin? Has he recorded the next nin album?

There must be some major conflict going on for Robin to just say fuck off to gn'r. Something has happened that none of us knows about because this is just too fuckin wierd. Thats the only way it would make sense not to comment on a situation like this in the press.

Why robin can't tour with nin while gn'r isnt doing jack shit, touring wise, i don't understand. Even tho he over bends and plays out of tune doesn't make the guy an asshole.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #4345 on: December 08, 2008, 10:11:38 AM »

well he recorded on the slip. so he may well be on the next record.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #4346 on: December 08, 2008, 10:28:05 AM »

rofl Wow, great answer! So you think robin has had a full time job with nin lately? How much did he write for the latest nin record? How much has he written for any nin record? Has he given any interviews while working his full time job in nin? Has he recorded the next nin album?

If you don't understand why a band with a tour booked thats likely to span much of the next year would want to know they have full commitment from their members, you're too stupid to argue with.

And actually it was a great answer - bands with set plans tend to like to know who's going to be involved. What fucking difference does it make whether he co-wrote the song's he plays with NIN or not? Do you think he's gonna fly from NIN gigs to GNR gigs and back again?

So Trent says "Hey, I'm going to tour next summer and I want you to be there" and Axl says the same. His loyalties have to rest somewhere, y'know, and Trent has said he's not leaving. Guns N' Roses on the other hand, have removed him from their myspace members list, GNR.com article, and iTunes pre-order page. Gee whiz, I wonder what that could mean.

"Has he given any interviews while working his full time job in nin?"

Ah thats right, everyone who's playing full-time with a band must give interviews! Has Axl given interviews lately? Oh shit, I guess he must be out of GNR!  hihi

Quit while you're behind, you could not be making a bigger fool of yourself.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4347 on: December 08, 2008, 01:12:09 PM »

Id rather be in a band where I am allowed to create then be in a band where a dude does it all and tells me what to play. although the GNR inactivity would be a pain in the ass I admit.

why does everyone paint Trent as an evil dictator... like if Trent is Fidel Castro.

nobody here knows what the creative process is like with NIN. I doubt Trent is the way everyone picks him up to be. Otherwise no one would ever play with him consistently.

if Robin stuck there... can we blame him? let's be honest... the fact that CD is actually out is a big fucking MIRACLE!!!! I was expecting it to never come out... it's out... it's unbelievable to me.

most of the guys probably felt the same way. the man has a family to feed... simple as that. 2 and a years and not a song was completed... i would've walked out too.

I have u ever read a NIN booklet

most of the time u will see all instruments and programming by Trent..................

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
variant
Headliner

« Reply #4348 on: December 09, 2008, 11:09:24 AM »

http://www.nme.com/news/nine-inch-nails/41541
hebbesy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4349 on: December 09, 2008, 11:18:23 AM »

I still think that once these Australia gigs are over as mentioned on the NME page that Robin will return to GnR to start summer tours in Europe, there is no reason to believe other wise, nothing has been confirmed or denied so stop the pointless speculation what will be, will be.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #4350 on: December 09, 2008, 11:47:00 AM »

What I fail to understand, in fact it boggles my mind, that this thread has 218(!) pages of pure speculation without a shred of any real indication that Robin has in fact left the band for good. Can somebody, after thoundands upon thoudsands of posts on the subject, present me with one single real indication or fact to back up the claim that Robin has left the band?

Thank you.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #4351 on: December 09, 2008, 12:49:34 PM »

What I fail to understand, in fact it boggles my mind, that this thread has 218(!) pages of pure speculation without a shred of any real indication that Robin has in fact left the band for good. Can somebody, after thoundands upon thoudsands of posts on the subject, present me with one single real indication or fact to back up the claim that Robin has left the band?

Thank you.

You can't have read the thread very carefully.

One last time:

Guns N' Roses removed him from an article on their website listing band members.

Guns N' Roses had him removed from the list of band members on their iTunes pre-order page.

Guns N' Roses removed him from the list of band members on their myspace page.

Robin is working with Nine Inch Nails and Trent Reznor says he's there to stay.

If that's your idea of 'no evidence', what else can be said.

Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #4352 on: December 09, 2008, 12:52:14 PM »

Thank you.

You can't have read the thread very carefully.

One last time:

Guns N' Roses removed him from an article on their website listing band members.

Guns N' Roses had him removed from the list of band members on their iTunes pre-order page.

If that's your idea of 'no evidence', what else can be said.

As we like to say on the PSN, "0WN3D".
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4353 on: December 09, 2008, 01:32:01 PM »

say whatever now. time will tell.

For me, it's always thrilling to see who's on one of the lead guitars on the next GNR tour.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #4354 on: December 09, 2008, 01:54:56 PM »

That's all true enough - anyone could come, go or return between now and the next tour (if there is one).

But anyone saying there's no evidence that Robin is currently out is either being willfully naive or just plain ignoring the facts.

GonzaNKetchup
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4355 on: December 09, 2008, 02:03:58 PM »

I think GN'R will tour with NIN.
 Grin
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4356 on: December 09, 2008, 02:05:54 PM »

Still, on the GNR's MySpace widget he was there as a band member.

The main article about the album on gnr.com was corrected and there was no indication about the current lineup. Just because he wasn't mentioned, it doesn't mean it's an official statement - the article even had Buckethead before and still mentions Bumblefoot when talkin' about the Chinese Democracy solo.

Robin himself didn't say a thing about this. The GNR camp didn't announced anything officially. I don't care about what Trent says, he's not Robin or GNR.

Hints can't be taken as nothing more than a grain of salt. IMO, facts are way more than that.

Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #4357 on: December 09, 2008, 02:06:24 PM »

Robin in Robin out Robin in Britney in....
Isn't is quite amusing that now that we have Chinese Democracy the drama surrounding GNR is still there ?
This seems to be what makes the mystique and build the hype here ! Grin

Look at us ! a stupid rumor here, a stupid rumor there and no word from the band or Axl leads plenty of people to stupid conclusions like : "It's reunion time " uahhhhhhh. I can't imagine that !!

Honestly could anyone of you imagine Slash to fill the shoes that Robin once tried to fill ?
And what about Tommy  ? Will / should Duff return.

I don't buy all that shit and i hope that Robin will return

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4358 on: December 09, 2008, 02:26:28 PM »

Honestly could anyone of you imagine Slash to fill the shoes that Robin once tried to fill ?
And what about Tommy  ? Will / should Duff return.
To play sorry for themselvesw.  rofl

I don't buy all that shit and i hope that Robin will return
me either and me too.

well, any from the Chinese GNR tribe is more than fine with me.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4359 on: December 09, 2008, 02:31:26 PM »

FOR THE LAST TIME !!!! Robin Finck who has played with Guns N' Roses the last two tours is with NIN ! The door has been left open by GnR if Robin Finck wants to return to Guns N' Roses !

thank you

Gnr4L

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »