Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 02:47:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 788076 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4320 on: December 06, 2008, 01:37:32 AM »

I still say no news is good news here. Trent saying "Robin isn't leaving NIN" doesn't necessarily translate into "Robin is never playing with Guns N' Roses again". Until Robin or Axl/GNR actually come out and say "Robin is no longer in the band", I'm still holding out hope. This late in the game, it just doesn't make a lick of sense for Robin to take his ball and go home. No sense. It'd be kinda like the ending of 'The Mist'...

Also it looks like NIN will be taking an extended break after the 2009 tour.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4321 on: December 06, 2008, 01:55:12 AM »

I still say no news is good news here. Trent saying "Robin isn't leaving NIN" doesn't necessarily translate into "Robin is never playing with Guns N' Roses again". Until Robin or Axl/GNR actually come out and say "Robin is no longer in the band", I'm still holding out hope. This late in the game, it just doesn't make a lick of sense for Robin to take his ball and go home. No sense. It'd be kinda like the ending of 'The Mist'...

Also it looks like NIN will be taking an extended break after the 2009 tour.

Yes, I actually wonder if Robin will be more involved in the future of NIN with writing, recording, or go back to GnR ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #4322 on: December 06, 2008, 02:07:02 AM »

So to summarize, GNR say he's not in their band, Trent says he is in his band.

I'm having trouble understanding where exactly the confusion stems from .

And there goes the challenger...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4323 on: December 06, 2008, 02:12:09 AM »

pretty much Robin is in NIN, the door is open for Robin to return to GnR.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #4324 on: December 06, 2008, 02:23:43 AM »

Well for pretty much the first time (that I have seen at least)- Jarmo is talking right now as if Robin's gone for good (in the "monumental marketing" thread).

That wouldn't seem to bode well at all.

I LOVE Finck... but at the same time- IF GN'R has any prayer of trying to hit the ground running in early 2009 to back up Chinese Democracy- it's probably far past time to start making plans and moving forward without him.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #4325 on: December 06, 2008, 07:01:03 AM »

As I have said way earlier in this endless thread. I love Robin and  I had the opertunity to meet him. He is an amazing guy. And I totally love to watch him perform. If he is out and it looks like he is. I am going to miss him very much. I love what he brought to gnr. I wish him the best where ever he goes in life.
smyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #4326 on: December 06, 2008, 07:40:32 AM »

These guys are right. There is a NIN thread in bad obsession to talk about Robin playing with them. Can we suspend this thread untill we hear something official?

I dont mind this thread but too many people are having a sook over something we know fuck all about.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
colma
Rocker

I BBQ llamas!

« Reply #4327 on: December 06, 2008, 08:02:13 AM »

I don't understand where the Trent Reznor/NIN criticism comes into this.

What does Trent or NIN have to do with Robin's decision making, whether he wants to play with NIN or GNR or both?

If it turns out that Robin enjoys playing with NIN for any reason, I am sure thats his personal choice and nobody is influencing him otherwise.

I'm disappointed if Robin won't be there in 2009 tour to open "Chinese Democracy", but whatever his decision, good for him.

Anyway, we'll see what happens. I know I'm repeating myself here, but maybe Robin himself doesn't even know what he wants to do.. Perhaps he'll keep going until the end of the current NIN tour and take it from there..

+1

After checking in on this thread every few days, this post stands out to me.  As a musician, an artist, a "whatever", how can you fault Trent, NIN, or Robin for him wanting to be active and doing what he wants to do.  Sure, we know Chinese Democracy finally came out, but other than that, what else do we know about the current status of GnR? 

If Robin sticks with Trent, he is playing the safe bet, having a steady "job" and doing what he enjoys doing.  Damn!  What an asshole!  Roll Eyes

I too will be disappointed if Robin isn't in the fold if/when Guns tour again.  The 1 time I met Robin & spoke with him, he is one of the nicest non-egocentric musicians out there.  I respect whatever decision(s) he has to make in regard to his career. 

To say what we are thinking.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #4328 on: December 06, 2008, 02:18:25 PM »

It would sure be unfair to slag Robin for doing what he wants to do even if it would be dissapointing for GNR fans. I just can't help find it disturbing that Trent seems to be enjoying it so much. Not so much that Robin is in NIN even, but the fact that he is in NIN and not GNR. I get the feeling Trent thinks it's funny somehow. But what do I know. Don't sitting on the facts.

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4329 on: December 06, 2008, 02:21:41 PM »

i have no problem with Robin as long as he makes a choice and sticks with it.

I don't like the whole back and forth shit. You are either in one band or the other. Thats how I feel and I'm not changing my mind.

If he wants to be in GNR, he should be in GNR and vice versa.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #4330 on: December 06, 2008, 02:26:21 PM »

I don't like the whole back and forth shit. You are either in one band or the other. Thats how I feel and I'm not changing my mind.

All members except Axl have other bands they are in.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #4331 on: December 06, 2008, 10:56:25 PM »

It's like Uncle Axl said. This band is not made of a bunch of guys who met in a bar.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #4332 on: December 07, 2008, 03:14:30 AM »

The difference is, those bands revolve around GNRs schedule. NIN doesn't.

And there goes the challenger...
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4333 on: December 07, 2008, 10:40:23 AM »

I don't understand where the Trent Reznor/NIN criticism comes into this.

What does Trent or NIN have to do with Robin's decision making, whether he wants to play with NIN or GNR or both?

If it turns out that Robin enjoys playing with NIN for any reason, I am sure thats his personal choice and nobody is influencing him otherwise.

I'm disappointed if Robin won't be there in 2009 tour to open "Chinese Democracy", but whatever his decision, good for him.

Anyway, we'll see what happens. I know I'm repeating myself here, but maybe Robin himself doesn't even know what he wants to do.. Perhaps he'll keep going until the end of the current NIN tour and take it from there..

+1

After checking in on this thread every few days, this post stands out to me.  As a musician, an artist, a "whatever", how can you fault Trent, NIN, or Robin for him wanting to be active and doing what he wants to do.  Sure, we know Chinese Democracy finally came out, but other than that, what else do we know about the current status of GnR? 

If Robin sticks with Trent, he is playing the safe bet, having a steady "job" and doing what he enjoys doing.  Damn!  What an asshole!  Roll Eyes

I too will be disappointed if Robin isn't in the fold if/when Guns tour again.  The 1 time I met Robin & spoke with him, he is one of the nicest non-egocentric musicians out there.  I respect whatever decision(s) he has to make in regard to his career. 
That is why Fink was in GnR for so long.  However after awhile it gets boring.  TR keeps it interesting switches up song sets.  If you went to the NIN Lights in the Sky tour the choice would seem far more understanding.  NIN's current tour is breaking with tradition of a regular rick show (NIN LIVE IS A HEAVY ROCK SHOW) TR and other band members are using interactive graphical cameras that the band interacts with in real time. 

I am not bashing GnR but rather people seem to think that Robin went to NIN for the money and that is not the case. 

Also NIN has no record label no handlers.   

Finally if you are given a choise to tour and play in a tour that stretech the limits of visual technology and a ROCK show unlike anything else the choice is simple.

flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4334 on: December 07, 2008, 01:41:38 PM »

It comes down to having a job ....

If your a house painter then you want to paint houses . Finc is a guitar player who wants to be play guitar in a band , including live . Which he probaly wasn't going to get any time soon from GNR
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4335 on: December 07, 2008, 01:43:10 PM »

Id rather be in a band where I am allowed to create then be in a band where a dude does it all and tells me what to play. although the GNR inactivity would be a pain in the ass I admit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #4336 on: December 07, 2008, 02:37:56 PM »

Id rather be in a band where I am allowed to create then be in a band where a dude does it all and tells me what to play. although the GNR inactivity would be a pain in the ass I admit.

why does everyone paint Trent as an evil dictator... like if Trent is Fidel Castro.

nobody here knows what the creative process is like with NIN. I doubt Trent is the way everyone picks him up to be. Otherwise no one would ever play with him consistently.

if Robin stuck there... can we blame him? let's be honest... the fact that CD is actually out is a big fucking MIRACLE!!!! I was expecting it to never come out... it's out... it's unbelievable to me.

most of the guys probably felt the same way. the man has a family to feed... simple as that. 2 and a years and not a song was completed... i would've walked out too.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
GeraldFord
« Reply #4337 on: December 07, 2008, 05:05:20 PM »

I think a GN'R tour in 2009 would be far more interesting than the 2002 and 2006 shows--they'd have 14 of "their" own songs to choose from, rather than just rehashing AFD...again...

Shame for Robin to leave now...
Evolution
« Reply #4338 on: December 07, 2008, 05:07:36 PM »

The NIN live tours have always featured re-worked versions of the studio material. Being part of the live line-up in NIN isn't exactly just dictating what Trent has written.
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #4339 on: December 07, 2008, 07:40:45 PM »

I think a GN'R tour in 2009 would be far more interesting than the 2002 and 2006 shows--they'd have 14 of "their" own songs to choose from, rather than just rehashing AFD...again...

Shame for Robin to leave now...

Yeah really. It's a shame.

But even when GNR does go on tour later next year, they better play more new songs, because the same set-list from 2002 in 2006 plus maybe three-four new songs isn't amazingly different.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: