Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 12:40:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787922 times)
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #4300 on: December 05, 2008, 06:14:55 AM »

i agree - it was the songs and not robin that would pop the crowds at live shows.  he's a mediocre guitarist at best and clearly showed he nothing more than a riff-man.  sure, his work on cd is great, but c'mon already if you think he's irreplaceable

If Robin were still in GN'R and was touring with them now, would you all be saying how he sucks?

have said it for years!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #4301 on: December 05, 2008, 08:05:02 AM »

Has Robin ever given an interview in person?

Closest thing I've ever seen (from May 2000):

Guitarist Says GN'R Album Is Still in Limbo

With the release of the song "Oh My God" on the End of Days soundtrack last November, Axl Rose fans had some hope that the fabled new Guns N' Roses album, Chinese Democracy, might soon see the light of day. Better keep hoping.

"There's not a release date right now, not that I'm aware of," says Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck, who teamed with Rose for much of the album before quitting in frustration. "And I would know."

A publicity spokesperson at Interscope Records, GN'R's label, confirmed that the album does not currently appear on the schedule of upcoming releases for 2000, even as a title TBD (with release date "to be determined").

Finck laughs at a comparison to Brian Wilson's legendary Beach Boys album, Smile, and notes the similarities. (Wilson worked feverishly on the record throughout the mid-'60s but was never able to coherently complete it. It remains one of the great lost albums of rock.)

"Yeah," Finck chuckles. "It was great for a while, but then it became terribly frustrating not seeing anything completed because no lyrics were finished." Adding to the frustration was that Finck had passed on the chance to work with Trent Reznor on NIN's latest, The Fragile, in order to do the Rose sessions.

"It's one of the reasons I'm not there anymore. No one song was ever completed ? and I was there for two and a half years."

But even after working endlessly on the GN'R album, Finck is unable to speculate on how it's going to turn out.

"I'd helped write and arrange and recorded enough songs for several records," he says. "Honestly, we recorded so many different song ideas and completed so many different types of songs ? from quiet, very simple traditional piano songs to 16 stereo tracks of keyboard blur and everything in between."

But, he notes, "most of the stronger songs that ended up on A-lists when I was there were huge rock songs, built for the masses, really guitar-driven."

Finck has heard little since then from Rose, who is the only remaining member of the Guns N' Roses lineup after buying the rights to the name from former guitarist Slash.

"When he finishes the lyrics, I assume [the songs] are going to be released," Finck says. "I hope they turn out great. There's a lot of potential there."

- Mark Brown

Source(s): http://wallofsound.go.com/

i wouldn't of had put up with it for 1 year. it doesn't take a 2 years to complete a song. not even Bach, Beethoven or Wagner took that fucking long.

Things are starting to make sense now... Roll Eyes

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #4302 on: December 05, 2008, 08:06:59 AM »

I dont know if this is official or not but:

12/04/08 7:24 AM

trent_reznor

... was it something I said? Wow.

For the record - Robin is not leaving the band.

http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?9,278719,page=27

That's been posted 2 or 3 times and yet people seem to still want to ignore it. I don't really understand that. Trent himself saying Robin's staying with nin seems official enough for me.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #4303 on: December 05, 2008, 08:12:17 AM »

From NIN.com

The shows we have announced in 2009 and any more that may be announced will be a completely different approach with some different personnel and will likely be the last for the foreseeable future.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #4304 on: December 05, 2008, 08:22:32 AM »

From NIN.com

The shows we have announced in 2009 and any more that may be announced will be a completely different approach with some different personnel and will likely be the last for the foreseeable future.

and then Reznor after that was released posted the statement confirming Finck is still in NIN - so that is that. Finck is still in NIN.  Thats the only hard fact available - anything else is guesswork, supposition and rumour  -Axl was right about one thing, the internet is one big garbage can
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #4305 on: December 05, 2008, 10:10:52 AM »

From NIN.com

and then Reznor after that was released posted the statement confirming Finck is still in NIN - so that is that. Finck is still in NIN.  Thats the only hard fact available - anything else is guesswork, supposition and rumour  -Axl was right about one thing, the internet is one big garbage can

Damn...it's over for him. That sucks.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #4306 on: December 05, 2008, 11:50:36 AM »

so maybe just to close this topic and open new one like: "New Guns N'Roses Guitar Player is..."  nervous
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #4307 on: December 05, 2008, 01:25:29 PM »

so maybe just to close this topic and open new one like: "New Guns N'Roses Guitar Player is..."  nervous

or just erase the rest of the posts.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

HUMOR = Negative Karma
AC
Rocker

« Reply #4308 on: December 05, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »

There's a post on the NIN site about some changes to the band in the new year and that NIN's last shows are in Australia for awhile.

"The shows we have announced in 2009 and any more that may be announced will be a completely different approach with some different personnel and will likely be the last for the foreseeable future."

a.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 03:21:16 PM by aa » Logged

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4309 on: December 05, 2008, 03:50:07 PM »

There's a post on the NIN site about some changes to the band in the new year and that NIN's last shows are in Australia for awhile.

"The shows we have announced in 2009 and any more that may be announced will be a completely different approach with some different personnel and will likely be the last for the foreseeable future."

a.
See above after that post was made Trent said Fink is not going anywhere. 
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #4310 on: December 05, 2008, 04:20:32 PM »

so it's official.  let's close this stupid thread and close finck's chapter in the big book of gnr once and for all.  this guy stabbed axl in the back one too many times.  what used to be's not there for me.  fuck off finck!  have fun being playing with a washed up has been.
Pine Barrens
« Reply #4311 on: December 05, 2008, 04:22:34 PM »

Honestly, the whole Robin Finck situation could go either way. No one really knows if he is in or out. No one can say for sure that touring with NIN makes it impossible for him to tour with GN'R, at least not until we see a GN'R tour schedule that is in direct conflict with NIN's tour dates that Robin has committed to 100%. I agree that not knowing fucking sucks and that it's a natural reaction to analyze every little thing you see or hear in order to get some answers, but as of right now, I don't think there is an answer to be had. Hopefully, that will soon change.
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #4312 on: December 05, 2008, 04:30:15 PM »

Regardless, people here are hell bent on hating this guy... which is fucking stupid. You hate a guy based on assumptions... he hasn't said shit... GNR hasn't said shit... yet you fucking wish death upon Robin. This is probably the stupidest thread in a LONG time here.

None of you are different than the people who hate Axl because of what some third party has said. They hate Axl cuz he "broke up GNR"... yet Axl hasn't said shit about it. You only hear one side... the ex-gunner's.

But in this case you haven't heard either Axl or Robin's side... and you want Robin to burn at the stake.

***Must remember forum rules and not insult anyone...***

but damn... I want to sometimes.  no
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 04:36:26 PM by Silverchair » Logged

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Pine Barrens
« Reply #4313 on: December 05, 2008, 04:42:23 PM »

Regardless, people here are hell bent on hating this guy... which is fucking stupid. You hate a guy based on assumptions... he hasn't said shit... GNR hasn't said shit... yet you fucking wish death upon Robin. This is probably the stupidest thread in a LONG time here.

None of you are different than the people who hate Axl because of what some third party has said. They hate Axl cuz he "broke up GNR"... yet Axl hasn't said shit about it. You only hear one side... the ex-gunner's.

But in this case you haven't heard either Axl or Robin's side... and you want Robin to burn at the stake.

***Must remember forum rules and not insult anyone...***

but damn... I want to sometimes.  no

I agree. I don't quite understand the hatred either. It seems to be very personal to many people. I love Robin's music and his performances, same goes for Axl. I also love Slash's guitar playing. I don't know these guys. I don't know their business or personal relationships with one another, and I truly don't care. It's none of my business. I enjoy the music and that's about it. I don't choose sides.
AC
Rocker

« Reply #4314 on: December 05, 2008, 04:51:16 PM »

Just because he's not leaving NIN doesn't mean he's not in GN'R. You could do both.

a.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #4315 on: December 05, 2008, 04:58:56 PM »

I love how this thread has gone nowhere for over 200 pages...

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #4316 on: December 05, 2008, 06:59:07 PM »

I love how this thread has gone nowhere for over 200 pages...

I disagree.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #4317 on: December 05, 2008, 07:32:21 PM »

Just because he's not leaving NIN doesn't mean he's not in GN'R. You could do both.

a.

Exactly. Particularly if NIN is winding things down for awhile after their Aussie shows in early 2009.

Unless Axl or Robin speaks in the near future (or Jarmo pulls him down from the band biographies page).... I think this thread can pretty much be put on ice until February/March 2009.

That said... I'm sure we'll probably be on 500 pages by then and I will have made 75 new posts alone.hihi

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
ben9785
« Reply #4318 on: December 05, 2008, 08:03:59 PM »

I don't understand where the Trent Reznor/NIN criticism comes into this.

What does Trent or NIN have to do with Robin's decision making, whether he wants to play with NIN or GNR or both?

If it turns out that Robin enjoys playing with NIN for any reason, I am sure thats his personal choice and nobody is influencing him otherwise.

I'm disappointed if Robin won't be there in 2009 tour to open "Chinese Democracy", but whatever his decision, good for him.

Anyway, we'll see what happens. I know I'm repeating myself here, but maybe Robin himself doesn't even know what he wants to do.. Perhaps he'll keep going until the end of the current NIN tour and take it from there..
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #4319 on: December 06, 2008, 01:30:33 AM »

I still say no news is good news here. Trent saying "Robin isn't leaving NIN" doesn't necessarily translate into "Robin is never playing with Guns N' Roses again". Until Robin or Axl/GNR actually come out and say "Robin is no longer in the band", I'm still holding out hope. This late in the game, it just doesn't make a lick of sense for Robin to take his ball and go home. No sense. It'd be kinda like the ending of 'The Mist'...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: