Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:35:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787669 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4220 on: December 03, 2008, 11:56:22 PM »

It defnately COULD mean crew.  I almost guarantee it does mean crew.  I'm not saying it means Robin is coming back to GNR.  I'm saying it COULD mean that.  Also, NIN have a history of rotating band members.  I don't know for sure, but if it was JUST Josh and some crew members would that be big enough news for Trent to deliver in such an emotional manner? 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 11:58:33 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #4221 on: December 03, 2008, 11:58:41 PM »

Interesting.  I just read the thread on the NIN messageboard, and the forum admin, the guy who runs the NIN Hotline and reported Robin was not returning to GN'R says this:

Different format and different personnel may mean a Trent solo tour, as he had hinted at something like this a while back (I could dig up the interview, but I'm too lazy at the moment). Thoughts?

If that is true, and unless bridges are burned, Robin could conceivably be free from NIN to return.

Ali
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4222 on: December 04, 2008, 12:08:27 AM »

Anything is possible.  Obviously we have no clue what went on behind closed doors, and what if any contact there has been between Robin and the rest of GNR since he "left".  But no information has come out that he's not coming back and I haven't read any scathing remarks about him, outside of the Guns N' Robin blip which as I recall really didn't take any shots at him.  It certainly appears things will be different in NIN in the coming months.  Just how different and how/if that effects GNR, we'll have to wait and see.

Also, reading some of the comments from fans on their website.  They seem quite concerned about the bands future.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 12:32:26 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4223 on: December 04, 2008, 01:46:03 AM »

Well, I hope Robin does something after NIN calls it quits.. get back into GnR if they'll have him, I'd also like to see him do a solo album. 
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4224 on: December 04, 2008, 02:01:41 AM »

Well, I hope Robin does something after NIN calls it quits.. get back into GnR if they'll have him, I'd also like to see him do a solo album. 

I believe they would welcome him back with open arms.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Henson
Headliner

Need to see a revival tonight...

« Reply #4225 on: December 04, 2008, 03:08:35 AM »

That's something I have always thought about too. Robin has always had the talent, but never really contributed to anything that allowed him to significantly display it on record besides Chinese Democracy.

I've always wanted and wished to hear him bend the shit out of that guitar for an hour or so.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #4226 on: December 04, 2008, 04:40:25 AM »

i wrote this in the BRAIN section, it needs to be here too!!

well  IMO!!     BRAIN left for family reasons, so once he was out he doesnt get paid, which means he's not a member at the moment.......same situation with ROBIN, he's left to do NIN for a while.........im sure that once there officially back on the bill there names will be back on the line up list ok ok

look at the credits on the album for fucks sake hihi   everything wont be dealt with half arsed!!

when ROBIN finishes NIN....he's name will be back on the line up!! ok ok

im sure BRAIN will have his fare go too!!

Great  but GNR will probably be touring at the same time as NIN. Is Robin gonna do both? I doubt it. He's out, give it up.

PROBABLY you say hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

how 'bout YOU give up your stupid negative theory's dude, and the rest (most) of you!! ok

« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 05:31:08 AM by ClintroN » Logged

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #4227 on: December 04, 2008, 10:15:30 AM »

On the NIN site, Reznor posted a blog called Curtain Call about the ending of the tour...so yeah, I think Robin's up for grabs when it comes to GNR touring. And no, they will not be touring at the same time, NIN and GNR.

But as for Brain, I think he's done. I don't think he'll come back. Which is quite sad.
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4228 on: December 04, 2008, 10:32:00 AM »

On the NIN site, Reznor posted a blog called Curtain Call about the ending of the tour...so yeah, I think Robin's up for grabs when it comes to GNR touring. And no, they will not be touring at the same time, NIN and GNR.

But as for Brain, I think he's done. I don't think he'll come back. Which is quite sad.

Robin will not be Back Trent Reznor posted this morning that Robin Fink is not leaving the band.  I saw Robin play Dec 1st and he is having a blast with NIN.  I do not see him back with GnR.

So be honest after seen Robin with both GnR and NIN and then Slash with VR last year Robin is by far a more entertaining performer then Slash.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4229 on: December 04, 2008, 10:50:07 AM »

Robin will not be Back Trent Reznor posted this morning that Robin Fink is not leaving the band. 

What I saw in his post on "curtain call" on the front page says this: http://nin.com/

The shows we have announced in 2009 and any more that may be announced will be a completely different approach with some different personnel and will likely be the last for the foreseeable future.

Reading that makes me think maybe 'different personnel' could mean Robin leaving NIN....

But regarding what you said...Can you provide a link to Trent's post??  There are 31 pages of posts on the discussion thread on that!

EDIT- Found it: http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?9,278719,page=27

12/04/08 7:24 AM

trent_reznor

... was it something I said? Wow.

For the record - Robin is not leaving the band.

But who said Robin has to leave NIN to tour with GNR? Looks like Trent is going to take a long hiatus anyway after his next leg of the tour....
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 11:01:02 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4230 on: December 04, 2008, 11:12:46 AM »

Robin will not be Back Trent Reznor posted this morning that Robin Fink is not leaving the band. 

What I saw in his post on "curtain call" on the front page says this: http://nin.com/

The shows we have announced in 2009 and any more that may be announced will be a completely different approach with some different personnel and will likely be the last for the foreseeable future.

Reading that makes me think maybe 'different personnel' could mean Robin leaving NIN....

But regarding what you said...Can you provide a link to Trent's post??  There are 31 pages of posts on the discussion thread on that!

EDIT- Found it: http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?9,278719,page=27

12/04/08 7:24 AM

trent_reznor

... was it something I said? Wow.

For the record - Robin is not leaving the band.

But who said Robin has to leave NIN to tour with GNR? Looks like Trent is going to take a long hiatus anyway after his next leg of the tour....

Nah that means he's staying for the rest of the tour. Starting next year I'd assume.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #4231 on: December 04, 2008, 11:37:14 AM »

Whats with the Reznor guy Huh He seems so proud of ruin the fun for GNR and for us. Wtf? If it wasn't for Axl bringing NiN on tour in 91 and then working with Robin I wouldn't even heard of NiN! Ever! I went to see a NiN concert in 2000 for the one and only reason he had Robin with him and I knew he had, at the time, been in GNR(Ok I saw another NiN concert later on and enjoyed it). I mean, it seems like a total waste. Trent don't hardly collaborete with anyone at all on his records and Axl worked so hard at making Chinese Democracy a group effort. And now Trent seemed to have lured Robin away from real creative recognition. If Robins out of GNR it's so sad I don't really want to think about it. But what I think of Trent is he's a backstabber on a grand scale

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #4232 on: December 04, 2008, 11:53:13 AM »

Whats with the Reznor guy Huh He seems so proud of ruin the fun for GNR and for us. Wtf? If it wasn't for Axl bringing NiN on tour in 91 and then working with Robin I wouldn't even heard of NiN! Ever! I went to see a NiN concert in 2000 for the one and only reason he had Robin with him and I knew he had, at the time, been in GNR(Ok I saw another NiN concert later on and enjoyed it). I mean, it seems like a total waste. Trent don't hardly collaborete with anyone at all on his records and Axl worked so hard at making Chinese Democracy a group effort. And now Trent seemed to have lured Robin away from real creative recognition. If Robins out of GNR it's so sad I don't really want to think about it. But what I think of Trent is he's a backstabber on a grand scale

You are delusional. Robin is a grown man. Nobody is making him do anything. It is fairly telling that he chose to leave GnR when his hard work for ten  years on ChiDem was finally going to pay off. Trent didn't lure Robin away, Robin chose this (unles he was forced out by Guns)

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4233 on: December 04, 2008, 11:57:14 AM »

Robin is a grown man. Nobody is making him do anything.
That's 100% right.

And that's why I don't give a shit about what Trent said. If he wants to get back to Axl, he'll do no matter what Reznor are saying. "Robin is Robin, only he knows what he's doing".

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4234 on: December 04, 2008, 12:22:51 PM »

That's 100% right.

And that's why I don't give a shit about what Trent said. If he wants to get back to Axl, he'll do no matter what Reznor are saying. "Robin is Robin, only he knows what he's doing".

excellent calls.

Robin is Robin. only robin knows what he's doing. Cool
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #4235 on: December 04, 2008, 12:29:12 PM »

That's 100% right.

excellent calls.

Robin is Robin. only robin knows what he's doing. Cool

Yeah and according to Trent, Robin is staying in NIN.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4236 on: December 04, 2008, 12:31:31 PM »

I don't get why Trent has an issue w/Axl.  Trent strikes me as an asshole in that respect.

But you can't blame Trent for Robin touring w/NIN, you have to blame Robin for that. I highly doubt GNR forced Robin out. He added a lot to the band.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4237 on: December 04, 2008, 12:39:31 PM »

Robin SHOULD do what he wants to do.   Respect whatever decision he makes.. if that means he doesn't want to be in GnR, so be it.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4238 on: December 04, 2008, 12:51:19 PM »

Robin SHOULD do what he wants to do.   Respect whatever decision he makes.. if that means he doesn't want to be in GnR, so be it.

It is not that I don't respect Robin's decision, if he'd rather play with NIN so be it.  But apparently no one knew in GNR he was doing that until he actually did it. Always respectful to give some type of notice when you leave one gig to go to another if those are the facts - keeping in mind we don't know all the facts.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #4239 on: December 04, 2008, 12:56:32 PM »

when robin decides to come back to axl, i will love him again.  until then, he's a low-down back-stabbing traitor.  fuck him.  he owes axl and all gnr fans an apology.  is loyalty and honesty too much to ask for these days?
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: