Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 02:39:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 788004 times)
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #4080 on: November 16, 2008, 01:06:12 PM »

how about this:

When we begin to put tour plans together, we'll see where things are. Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans.

so few days ago they have begun to put tour plans together (that's a good news, right?) and they saw where things are. so... Robin is out and they are looking for someone else to fill his shoes... yeah, Robin is great. period. his contribution to CD is great. period... but lets just trust GNR and management again and we are definitely in for some surprise  Wink

v. ..
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #4081 on: November 16, 2008, 01:26:57 PM »

The Lights in the Sky Tour was always supposed to continue through 2009. This isn't news.
makane
Legend

« Reply #4082 on: November 16, 2008, 01:39:02 PM »

The Lights in the Sky Tour was always supposed to continue through 2009. This isn't news.

Source?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #4083 on: November 16, 2008, 02:15:23 PM »

I just thought of something and... This I Love probably has a solo, and as from what I heard from 30 sec clip on that online shop it is something MOST EMOTIONAL to Axl and something fuckin deep... what so You think how Axl feels / will feel if Robin decided to leave and he is the one that plays that solo Huh and there are bunch of us cry babies that are sad, upset and pissed if Robin is still in the band or he left... it is fucking selfish if You ask me...

v. ..
Death Cube K
« Reply #4084 on: November 16, 2008, 02:31:31 PM »

Source?

Common sense.  ok
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #4085 on: November 16, 2008, 02:58:35 PM »

Whats the deal? Robins contract probably ran out, and Trent rang him up and said "Do you fancy playing with NIN?"

Robin looked in his diary and saw GNR had nothing definite planned for a while, and said "Sure."

And that's probably all there is to it. Would be nice if he came out and told us, but he didn't. He's playing live, CD is coming out, if GNR tour without Robin, then I'm sure they'll find someone suitable to fill those shoes. Or piss on them, if that's what you want to think.

Whatever happens, we have an album, NIN have tours, and it looks like GNR will be back on the road next year.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #4086 on: November 16, 2008, 03:30:48 PM »

When all's said and done, I don't mind who's in or out so long as it doesn't prevent GNR from any touring/album promotional plans they may have had.

And there goes the challenger...
Hale
Headliner

« Reply #4087 on: November 16, 2008, 03:31:50 PM »

Whats the deal? Robins contract probably ran out, and Trent rang him up and said "Do you fancy playing with NIN?"

Robin looked in his diary and saw GNR had nothing definite planned for a while, and said "Sure."

And that's probably all there is to it. Would be nice if he came out and told us, but he didn't. He's playing live, CD is coming out, if GNR tour without Robin, then I'm sure they'll find someone suitable to fill those shoes. Or piss on them, if that's what you want to think.

Whatever happens, we have an album, NIN have tours, and it looks like GNR will be back on the road next year.

The deal is that nobody knows if Robin will be back on the road next year with Guns N' Roses. Pretty big fucking deal in my opinion.
GeraldFord
« Reply #4088 on: November 16, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »

While I would love Robin to come back--if he doesn't, I hope they go with John 5 as a replacement.
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #4089 on: November 16, 2008, 03:42:42 PM »

I think people ar emissing the really big picture here. There's an album coming out. There's probably live shows next year. Everything will work out.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #4090 on: November 16, 2008, 04:12:58 PM »

While I would love Robin to come back--if he doesn't, I hope they go with John 5 as a replacement.

John 5 is great guitarist, but he is a more of BH and BBF type of guitar player ... it is like saying it would be cool for Lars to come drumming for Guns and You have Brain or Frank already.

v. ..

PS. why the hell there is no BBF in http://www.guitarworld.com/guitar_world_readers_poll_2009_page_2 Best Shredder category Wink
awhellzno05
Headliner

Oh no! Oh no! "Oh Yeah!" - Kool Aid Man

« Reply #4091 on: November 16, 2008, 04:59:07 PM »

I just noticed that Robin's name was taken off of the album notes on i-Tunes.

The Devil hates a loser
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4092 on: November 16, 2008, 05:09:39 PM »

what album notes? i can still read his name on that page

and since he plays on every track on the album it would just be retarded if they took it away, even if he's with trent now
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4093 on: November 16, 2008, 05:12:47 PM »

and since he plays on every track on the album it would just be retarded if they took it away, even if he's with trent now

yea, if Robin is on every track, taking him off the album notes would be unfortunate.   
slash2001
Rocker

Axl's Scottish ya know......

« Reply #4094 on: November 16, 2008, 05:15:14 PM »

I realy hope that Robin isnt out, I really like Robin, he has a great stage presence and although people say he is sloppy live, his performances on studio tracks that we have heard are in my opinion bettered only by Buckethead.

Hopefully we will get some sorta confirmation but until there is something from Axl/Universal then for all we know he is playing with NIN until he gets a shout from Axl, and again for all we know Axl allowed Robin to tour with NIN until GN'R were ready to tour again.

I wouldnt even want to think who could replace Robin, I personally think he has been a major part of GN'R and has done fantasic considering he was the guitarist brought in after slash.

I havent posted here for a while but thought I would just throw in my thoughts for a change.

"I don't know just what I should do, everywhere I go I see you"
The Blues
W. Axl Rose
Best version - Rock in Rio 3 - 2001
awhellzno05
Headliner

Oh no! Oh no! "Oh Yeah!" - Kool Aid Man

« Reply #4095 on: November 16, 2008, 05:27:03 PM »

The album notes when you click on the CD iTunes page to pre-order the album.  His names gone.

The Devil hates a loser
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #4096 on: November 16, 2008, 05:33:22 PM »

Trent Reznor wrote:

11.15.08: Welcome, Ilan!

With great pride and excitement I announce the addition of Ilan Rubin to the lineup beginning next year. I had the chance to see Ilan playing his ass off at Reading and Leeds a couple summers ago and he blew me away. We recently invited him out to rehearse with us and he blew US away - the perfect guy to pick up the sticks after Josh leaves us at the end of the year.

Stay tuned for some 2009 tour announcements soon.

posted by  trent reznor at 6:09pm

Anyone still think Finck is in?

So? The guy's a drummer, replacing Josh Freese, who announced he's out at the end of the year. I don't see how it relates.  ok

I doubt Brain is coming back without Bucket,

Brain has already directly stated that he wants to come back for the next tour

Yeah, Brain hasn't said anything to indicate that he's out of GNR for good.

How about because NIN is extending their tour into 09? Swindley (who does have NIN connections) said that Robin is not leaving.Is that enough for you? Oh yeah, Robin is NOW off of GNR's Myspace page.Brain is too.Seems pretty clear to me.

Last time I checked Ilan Rubin was the drummer for Lostprophets who came onboard after Freese recorded all of the drum tracks for their last album.  What is the deal with all of the poaching by Trent?  And where is all of this John5 crap coming from anyway?  Sources?

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
makane
Legend

« Reply #4097 on: November 16, 2008, 05:47:05 PM »

John 5 is great guitarist, but he is a more of BH and BBF type of guitar player ... it is like saying it would be cool for Lars to come drumming for Guns and You have Brain or Frank already.

v. ..

PS. why the hell there is no BBF in http://www.guitarworld.com/guitar_world_readers_poll_2009_page_2 Best Shredder category Wink

Brain could play better than Lars without hands really(ye, I know thats not the point here  Wink ).

What does the itunes "notes" really consist of? (never really used itunes) some sort of credits?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4098 on: November 16, 2008, 06:04:20 PM »

I would be sad if John 5 was recruited.
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #4099 on: November 16, 2008, 06:05:38 PM »

v. ..

Brain could play better than Lars without hands really(ye, I know thats not the point here  Wink ).

What does the itunes "notes" really consist of? (never really used itunes) some sort of credits?

When people are referring to iTunes notes, they mean the album description on the landing page for pre-ordering CD.  Initially, it gave the names of people Axl "enlisted" and included Robin.  A couple of days ago and just after the myspace update, Robin's name disappeared there too.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: