Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 02:46:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 788065 times)
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #4060 on: November 15, 2008, 10:11:00 PM »

And all that amazing guitar work on Shackler's Revenge was all Buckethead.
The funny thing is: Ron plays almost everything on the track... and this is a track that Buckethead wrote (not alone, but still...).  Roll Eyes

It's funny when you just listen and decide that it must be your favorite member because it sounds so amazing!

Then find out the truth.  Wink

/jarmo
I think we are in for a lot of surprises!  Again, none of this BS (Robin in/out sucks/god) does anything more than pass the time (that is the point, isnt it?)...if Robin's out, we still get CD in 7 days...thats reason enough for me to go nucking futs!  beer

Exactly. Like on Shackler's Revenge, several people will be disappointed when they find out that Ron's playing on every track, not Buckethead... and that Ron even re-recorded a lot of the Buckethead's solos/leads. Smiley
Guitars Suck anyway.  Ron is the man...explains why he is so quiet/humble about hos GnR work in interviews (out of respect for those he replaced)...probably explains why Robin left, too, it hurts to be overshadowed by the incredibly talented shredding new guy.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 10:15:15 PM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4061 on: November 15, 2008, 11:02:48 PM »

Who promised me that if you broke another rule I could ban you again and you'd be fine with it.

Nice..... Act one way in private messages and another way in public. 
I havnt broken any rules. Im just discussing a topic.

I find it funny that you always fail to mention that when we do pm each other we argue just as much as we do on here.

But Ron is also playing guitar on the album.... Talk about downplaying!

And the funny thing is, some thought the amazing drums on Chinese Democracy were Brain.....

And all that amazing guitar work on Shackler's Revenge was all Buckethead.

Well being that Bucket wrote it. Im not sure how much he added to it. I have to listen to SR again. I havnt listened to the songs since the single came out. Which has been extremely hard to do.

don't think people care that much about the names.

If it sounds good, it sounds good.

They go see the band live. And if that show rocks, it fucking rocks.
And as I have said many times on this site...so we agree.

Yeah, I know it affects you personally. It's quite apparent.
Personally affected? Not really... but this is a 200 pg thread. So Im not alone  ok

My basic premise is that for me the optimum CD experience would have been if the 2002 or even 2006 lineup toured and did videos for the album. Thats all. I dont think Im wrong or alone with that. As I have said multiple times in this thread, its not Axl or GNRs fault that RObin or Bucket left. GNR will move on....

btw I dont think Brain has chosen to leave. By all accounts he wants to come back to the band.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4062 on: November 15, 2008, 11:07:00 PM »

Its no secret Robin is my personal favorite, but I have a lot of respect for everyone involved in creating this album, and would be cool with any of them being in the band.   Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Robin, Paul, Richard, Brain, Frank, they are all great musicans and whichever combo of these guys hits the road is going to be a great show.   I think its safe to say Axl, Tommy, Dizzy, and Chris are certain.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #4063 on: November 16, 2008, 12:06:49 AM »

Dont forget Richard! beer

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #4064 on: November 16, 2008, 12:11:38 AM »

Dont forget Richard! beer

Yea, Richard and Ron are pretty much a given too.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4065 on: November 16, 2008, 12:54:56 AM »

but I have a lot of respect for everyone involved in creating this album, and would be cool with any of them being in the band.   Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Robin, Paul, Richard, Brain, Frank, they are all great musicans and whichever combo of these guys hits the road is going to be a great show.
agreed peace

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4066 on: November 16, 2008, 01:06:16 AM »

I kinda feel sorry for Robin's replacement

Now he gets compared to Slash, Robin and Bucket

Good luck! ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #4067 on: November 16, 2008, 01:07:22 AM »

I kinda feel sorry for Robin's replacement

Now he gets compared to Slash, Robin and Bucket

Good luck! ok

I think Ronald can handle it.  He's already dealt with being compared to Slash and Bucket  ok
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4068 on: November 16, 2008, 02:12:40 AM »

I'm an old school gunner(which means I grew up on AFD + Lies + UYI + SI).  So I love all the original members of the band from trhe release ofd AFD.

That being said.  I seen the new incarnation of the band in Illinois in 2002 (one of the lucky ones in the States)  Wasn't really impressed.  I mean they sounded good but I was used to a more natural rock band.  Not these guys.  But I still had love for the Ax man!

Fast forward to 2006.  New York.  Opening night.  Flew in from Illinois.  Thinking just like any other fan, this might be the last time!! (tell me you weren't thinking this?!?!?!?!).  Didn't know who was replacing BH (although I did see Ron out back of the Hammerstein that first night but just thought he was a roadie as they were loading their gear into the place at the time, I have kicked myself in the ass every May 12th therein after for not even attempting to say what up!!).

Show starts, I realise who I could have been speaking to once I see Ron on the stage.  Then Axl takes all my wonderment like he always has once he hits the stage (I am not gay by the way  Grin, not that there is anything wrong with that Grin).  And I watched him intently as this who I actually came to see as I knew none of the original band members were not part of the outfit anymore.  But more and more I found myself watching the guitarist that just 4 years ago had some kind of goth hair style and makeup on his face but was now outfitted with a beard and long hair, a more traditional rock look.

Still, he was the other wierd one from 02 tour.  But as the show went on I kept finding myself watching him and his antics on stage.  Whether it was the way he kicked his leg in the It's So Easy solo or the way he reared his head back in the Mr. Brownstone solo, he was catching my attention.  I was really starting to dig him.  Then at the end of the night during Paradise City, when he jumped into the crowd numerous times he had taken the GNR guitar mantle and made it his own, at that point I realised that he was a major part of this band for at least the live show. 

So to end my rant (which some of you may like and some of you may not) I hope he is still in the band and touring next time they hit a city near me.  If he is not he will be sorely missed be me.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #4069 on: November 16, 2008, 02:13:39 AM »

I doubt Brain is coming back without Bucket,

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #4070 on: November 16, 2008, 02:48:50 AM »

He played quite a few shows without Bucket in 2006.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #4071 on: November 16, 2008, 02:59:57 AM »

He played quite a few shows without Bucket in 2006.

I meant in the 2008/9 lineup of GNR. I guess the Myspace deletions don't mean anything, maybe Brain is still a part of the GNR "family"

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #4072 on: November 16, 2008, 03:02:37 AM »

the only point i was making is, having Brain there doesn't require buckethead considering Brain has played with GnR without Buckethead in the band.    It does look like Frank is the drummer now.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #4073 on: November 16, 2008, 03:04:10 AM »

Brain has already directly stated that he wants to come back for the next tour

Back in '06 he said he wanted to come back and tour once the album was out

Maybe Bucket will be back for the next tour.  Nobody knows.  I do know that Axl loves that guy, the fact that almost all of his parts have remained intact even though he left the band in '04 says a lot, and aside from the terse '04 statement that was rooted mostly in frustration from his inability to get in touch with Bucket, there have been no signs of animosity.  He's been very complimentary of the Bucket since then
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #4074 on: November 16, 2008, 03:13:00 AM »

Trent Reznor wrote:

11.15.08: Welcome, Ilan!

With great pride and excitement I announce the addition of Ilan Rubin to the lineup beginning next year. I had the chance to see Ilan playing his ass off at Reading and Leeds a couple summers ago and he blew me away. We recently invited him out to rehearse with us and he blew US away - the perfect guy to pick up the sticks after Josh leaves us at the end of the year.

Stay tuned for some 2009 tour announcements soon.

posted by  trent reznor at 6:09pm

Anyone still think Finck is in?

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #4075 on: November 16, 2008, 04:44:41 AM »

I see exactly what you're saying, but as far as I understand - yes, Guns N' Roses is a collaborative group. Each member contributes to the music produced during their tenure. However, the lineup changes often and the band remains 'Guns N' Roses' with Axl as the only constant. If Axl left, he'd take the name with him, since he owns it.

So I don't think my original assessment that GNR = Axl Rose + his band was wide of the mark.

Then why doesn't Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" have three songs featuring Guns N' Roses?
[/url][/b].

What part of 'GNR=Axl Rose + his band" don't you get? Did Axl Rose's band play on Angel Down?

And there goes the challenger...
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #4076 on: November 16, 2008, 07:56:51 AM »

Trent Reznor wrote:

With great pride and excitement I announce the addition of Ilan Rubin to the lineup beginning next year. I had the chance to see Ilan playing his ass off at Reading and Leeds a couple summers ago and he blew me away. We recently invited him out to rehearse with us and he blew US away - the perfect guy to pick up the sticks after Josh leaves us at the end of the year.

So? The guy's a drummer, replacing Josh Freese, who announced he's out at the end of the year. I don't see how it relates.  ok

Yeah, Brain hasn't said anything to indicate that he's out of GNR for good.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 07:58:29 AM by Alfie Bones » Logged
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #4077 on: November 16, 2008, 08:28:20 AM »

well, i for one am glad he's gone. GNR don't look like a freak show anymore!

No more KFC buckets
and in 2001/2 Finck definetly looked like a vampire
06/07 he looked like jesus

just too much of a freak. + bumblefoot deserves to be a lead guitarist by himself. He's amazing, it seemed crowded with two of them. I hope nobody replaces Robin

Unless it's me.
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #4078 on: November 16, 2008, 09:02:42 AM »

well, i for one am glad he's gone. GNR don't look like a freak show anymore!

No more KFC buckets
and in 2001/2 Finck definetly looked like a vampire
06/07 he looked like jesus

just too much of a freak. + bumblefoot deserves to be a lead guitarist by himself. He's amazing, it seemed crowded with two of them. I hope nobody replaces Robin

Unless it's me.

And someone can argue that Slash looked like the Grim Reaper and in '85, Axl looked like a tranny. So what? If they play good music and they're loyal to the band, I don't care.  peace
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #4079 on: November 16, 2008, 12:03:23 PM »

Trent Reznor wrote:

So? The guy's a drummer, replacing Josh Freese, who announced he's out at the end of the year. I don't see how it relates.  ok

Yeah, Brain hasn't said anything to indicate that he's out of GNR for good.

How about because NIN is extending their tour into 09? Swindley (who does have NIN connections) said that Robin is not leaving.Is that enough for you? Oh yeah, Robin is NOW off of GNR's Myspace page.Brain is too.Seems pretty clear to me.

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: