Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 12:47:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228564 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 788566 times)
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #4000 on: November 15, 2008, 02:37:10 AM »

Make sure Robin is apart of the future.

Oh please.

Can you get any more lame?

The band isn't some menu at a fast food restaurant where you get to pick what you want.

Too bad, because a big order of the mega Bucket looks awfully tempting right about now.

And there goes the challenger...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4001 on: November 15, 2008, 03:43:38 AM »

If he's gone it's really sad considering his writing contributions to CD.

There's only 1 writing contribution from Robin.  So in the scheme of things it's no loss.

I haven't seen the breakdown of writing credits, but his solos are all over the album.   Even if he doesn't have a writing credit doesn't mean he doesn't have input on his own parts.   Jus like Axl is the sole writer credited for November Rain and Estranged, but $lash had some creative input with his guitar parts.    Read some of the things Tommy has said about the making of the album.

I just don't see why people need to bash the guy.    I can understand being disappointed if he never plays in GnR again, but some of the insults I've seen really aren't necessary.    Robin is a thoughtful guy and he is aware of his different options and will do what he feels is best for him.. even if he chooses not to tell us his reasons.   He's a private guy and that should be respected.     Enjoy the work hes put on the upcoming album, because nothing can take that away.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 03:46:39 AM by Jim Bob » Logged
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #4002 on: November 15, 2008, 03:53:28 AM »

There's only 1 writing contribution from Robin.  So in the scheme of things it's no loss.

I haven't seen the breakdown of writing credits, but his solos are all over the album.   Even if he doesn't have a writing credit doesn't mean he doesn't have input on his own parts.   Jus like Axl is the sole writer credited for November Rain and Estranged, but $lash had some creative input with his guitar parts.    Read some of the things Tommy has said about the making of the album.

I just don't see why people need to bash the guy.    I can understand being disappointed if he never plays in GnR again, but some of the insults I've seen really aren't necessary.    Robin is a thoughtful guy and he is aware of his different options and will do what he feels is best for him.. even if he chooses not to tell us his reasons.   He's a private guy and that should be respected.     Enjoy the work hes put on the upcoming album, because nothing can take that away.

I have no problem with Robin other than him not commenting to the fans who have supported him in GNR the last ten years.

He did however have time to say this.Please don't say it is just a fan site, the people there have strong connections to NIN.
Dispelling Rumours Like Its My Job
Despite numerous reports and submissions via the Hotline "Submit a Lead" link (to my right), via both ETS and NIN.com forums, and via several Guns N' Roses sites, Robin Finck is not leaving Nine Inch Nails at the end of the tour to rejoin G n' R. This should clear up any rumours that the Finckster will indeed be "pulling a Freese" any time soon.

This has been a daily service announcement from your friendly neighbourhood Swindley.
Reported by swindley at 11:06
http://www.theninhotline.net/news/
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 03:55:37 AM by RancidPunx » Logged

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #4003 on: November 15, 2008, 04:06:19 AM »

I noticed Brain is off MySpace and Wikipedia, too. Bummer.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #4004 on: November 15, 2008, 04:15:51 AM »

I have no problem with Robin other than him not commenting to the fans who have supported him in GNR the last ten years.

The post from the NIN is a few days old.

Robin has spoken to his fans in the last week responding to his birthday wishes.. and he states that he has choosen not to have much of a presence online right now.   He is probably unsure of the future and would rather not comment right now?

Greetings You!

I'm now risin'. 2p ish. Only sole on a parked tour bus. It was a bumpy ride, now landed.
Last night in my bus's bunk I couldn't sleep from dreaming of white caps and 10' swells.
Where is everybody?
I can see Fenway Park from here.
The sky is chalk.

K, I've some orange juice now. It's simply orange.
And a few pistachios. They don't go together good.

Open my MacBook to find:
A most charming birthday delivery, heartfelt and inspiring.
From You.
I've enjoyed soaking in the rays, each and every.
Here is my sincere and funluvving gratitude for You.
Thanks for thinking of me.

My on-line presence has been decidedly void for a spell.
I am touched to find so many friends, new and old, who've given themselves in such way.
Thank you for reaching me.

Love,
r ob i           n
http://finckaholic.com/forum/index.php?topic=627.0
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #4005 on: November 15, 2008, 04:16:38 AM »

anybody can edit wikpedia
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #4006 on: November 15, 2008, 04:19:34 AM »

True but not anyone can edit the GNR Myspace.

Thanks for posting that Robin stuff. I guess I would just rather have him in GNR than NIN nut it all works out as NIN are one of my other favorite bands.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #4007 on: November 15, 2008, 06:52:22 AM »

The more I think about it, the more I would be bummed if Robin left. But for newer reasons lately. To me, Robin staying with NIN would indicate to me that he sees a brighter future with them then GNR.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4008 on: November 15, 2008, 08:07:23 AM »

Make sure Robin is apart of the future.

Oh please.

Can you get any more lame?

The band isn't some menu at a fast food restaurant where you get to pick what you want.

Like some guy once told me, "you're not in the band".  hihi

/jarmo

Jarmo, you need to stop wanting to be Axl's bff and look at the big picture one .  I want Robin to stay in the band because I am sick of the revolving door of band members.  If this new band is going to gain more credibility it eventually has to decide on a lineup and stick with it.  Now if Robin does not want to be a part of the future there is not really much choice.  By the way, I thought we did not attack members on this board by calling them names?  Maybe you should lose a karma point.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4009 on: November 15, 2008, 09:13:37 AM »

He did however have time to say this.Please don't say it is just a fan site, the people there have strong connections to NIN.
Despite numerous reports and submissions via the Hotline "Submit a Lead" link (to my right), via both ETS and NIN.com forums, and via several Guns N' Roses sites, Robin Finck is not leaving Nine Inch Nails at the end of the tour to rejoin G n' R. This should clear up any rumours that the Finckster will indeed be "pulling a Freese" any time soon.

This has been a daily service announcement from your friendly neighbourhood Swindley.

This is a few days old now.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4010 on: November 15, 2008, 09:56:58 AM »

I want Robin to stay in the band because I am sick of the revolving door of band members.  If this new band is going to gain more credibility it eventually has to decide on a lineup and stick with it.  Now if Robin does not want to be a part of the future there is not really much choice. 

And I'm the one who should look at the big picture?

Amusing.

Maybe that's what I'm doing? Did you ever think about that?

Maybe I'm not like you, and I don't think about what I want and need? Maybe I'm actually thinking about what might be best for the band?

Maybe I think that what's best for the band, is something that the band themselves know. They're the ones who should make decisions for themselves.

Not some Internet geeks (no, that's not an insult since I'm one of them as well).

By the way, I thought we did not attack members on this board by calling them names?  Maybe you should lose a karma point.

I didn't call you a name. I asked if you could get any more lame by trying to come up with demands for a band you're a fan of.

I think it's lame.

What right do you have to tell people what they should do with their band?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
overmatik
« Reply #4011 on: November 15, 2008, 10:10:59 AM »

One thing I'm sure of, the CD booklet will be a mess, I mean, so many photos and who's it or out, man! rofl rofl
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #4012 on: November 15, 2008, 10:12:09 AM »

After all this time and all these lineup changes, you'd think people could be satisfied just with saying "Guns N' Roses is Axl Rose plus whoever's backing him up."

And there goes the challenger...
overmatik
« Reply #4013 on: November 15, 2008, 10:13:24 AM »

After all this time and all these lineup changes, you'd think people could be satisfied just with saying "Guns N' Roses is Axl Rose plus whoever's backing him up."

I've been saying this for 11 years now! hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4014 on: November 15, 2008, 10:19:58 AM »

It's not really "backing up" when you bring in everybody into the band and work together. Ron and Frank are on the album too.

If it was the solo project some of you label it to be, then why is it a band effort?

Sure, Axl's the front man and he's been there since day one.

The most amusing part is that when you ask these people who call it a solo project, when it stopped being a band and many of them have different answers!

So just because the band has changed members, it's a solo project? So, GN'R changed members before recording their first album, I guess it wasn't band then either? Oh no, your guy was in the band so it was ok....

1990, new drummer. The line-up changed, was it a solo project?

1991, Izzy left, solo project? Etc etc etc.  hihi

I guess for some, you have reached some sort of magical amount of line up changes. I guess it's in your rock n' roll rule book or something.

Good for you.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 03:56:22 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #4015 on: November 15, 2008, 03:17:50 PM »

True but not anyone can edit the GNR Myspace.

Thanks for posting that Robin stuff. I guess I would just rather have him in GNR than NIN nut it all works out as NIN are one of my other favorite bands.

They've edited the "Axl enlists..." portion of the album description in the iTunes store and Robin is not there anymore.  Unfortunately, I think all of this is more than coincidence and it's unfortunate that we don't get something more official.  Perhaps that will come after the release.  I don't know if this is about contracts and Robin is just no longer under contract or if it should be taken as more than that.  For now, I guess he is out and might be back when plans get made for a tour depending on his status and plans with NIN.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #4016 on: November 15, 2008, 03:23:13 PM »

Who is this swindley character?  That is not Robin.  I wouldn't consider word from him to be word from Robin and Freese is not returning to GnR last I heard, so what's the comparison?  Please see my post above for my opinion on this whole thing.  I think the lack of official word is that nothing is truly official other than Robin is under contract to tour with NIN.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #4017 on: November 15, 2008, 03:29:59 PM »

It's not really "backing up" when you bring in everybody into the band and work together. Ron and Frank are on the album too.

If it was the solo project some of you label it to be, then why is it a band effort?

Sure, Axl's the front man and he's been there since day one.

/jarmo

You support his point. The point being that people will view the "band" as a solo act if the "members" are a revolving door of hired hands. Robin has been with the band for over 10 years. He helped write the songs, plays on the album, and has toured during all of his time. He is a huge part of the band and it is terrible if he is no longer a part of the band. By saying Ron and Frank are on the album also is totally missing the point. They have not been with the band for 10 years, they did not help write any of the songs, and yes they are on the cd, but Frank parts are mostly fills and Ron does play on it, but he is playing other people's notes and the main leads are Bucket and Robin. If you think that losing RObin is not a huge loss, then you are blind (or deaf) my dear friend.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #4018 on: November 15, 2008, 03:56:19 PM »

Who is this swindley character?  That is not Robin.  I wouldn't consider word from him to be word from Robin and Freese is not returning to GnR last I heard, so what's the comparison?  Please see my post above for my opinion on this whole thing.  I think the lack of official word is that nothing is truly official other than Robin is under contract to tour with NIN.

Swindley is just as much of a source as Mysteron.The guys who run that site have ties to NIN.His source for that info is Robin.How much more clear can it get?

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #4019 on: November 15, 2008, 03:56:39 PM »

@adman

Your post has so many wrong thesis that it kind of kills itself off by itself. (If) Robin is not anymore in the band, Frank and Ron are. And their parts are much more than just filling some shoes. More of like 'pissing' in some Wink
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: