Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 12:47:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228564 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 788568 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #3980 on: November 14, 2008, 10:47:28 AM »

At this point I don't care who's going to replace Robin, whether it's someone coming back from the past or not.

I'm just bummed that it seems certain he's not coming back.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3981 on: November 14, 2008, 03:35:14 PM »

prob to be deleted but here goes

:: Finck Leaves Guns N Roses

According to the band's MySpace, guitarist Robin Finck is no longer an active member of Guns N' Roses.

Finck joined the band in 1998 as a replacement for the recently departed Slash, having previously toured as Nine Inch Nails' stage guitarist, a role he currently inhabits.

http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses

From Dutchdemocracy.
not from me.
I just post the message. so dont shoot me
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #3982 on: November 14, 2008, 03:47:58 PM »

From Dutchdemocracy.
not from me.

that's a post from a fansite, man... we need an official statement from official sources.

calm and wait.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3983 on: November 14, 2008, 03:48:13 PM »

prob to be deleted but here goes

:: Finck Leaves Guns N Roses

According to the band's MySpace, guitarist Robin Finck is no longer an active member of Guns N' Roses.

Finck joined the band in 1998 as a replacement for the recently departed Slash, having previously toured as Nine Inch Nails' stage guitarist, a role he currently inhabits.

http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses

From Dutchdemocracy.
not from me.

Dude, it's not on the  Guns n Roses Myspace.   Why would you even bother posting it?  It's clearly fucking fake.   A mere couple of mouse clicks is all it takes to confirm that.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3984 on: November 14, 2008, 03:55:51 PM »

Oh man this thread is really getting old and this is my last post in this thread.  GnR probaly won't tour until May, or June of 09.  Now alot can happen between that time, maybe NIN tour ends, maybe it doesn't and Robin's still playing with them, or they do stop and Robin rejoins GnR.  Endless possiblity's now reason Robin probaly isn't on GnR Myspace is because right now he's touring with NIN.  Can't be in two band's at once right ? NIN toured in 07 was Robin there ? NO ! because he was commited to GnR.  When its time for GnR to Tour and Robin isn't busy he will likely rejoin them.

Another reason why Robin isn't responding to GnR questions is that its not the place for him to speak about that.  He's in NIN which means he will only respond to NIN or other questions which is being a professional.  Maybe Robin was only helping Axl with the album and once it was done, he was going to go back to NIN ? We don't know ? so until there's a offical statement from GnR saying Robin's gone, or I go to a show and he's not there, then I will believe he's outta Guns N' Roses.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Death Cube K
« Reply #3985 on: November 14, 2008, 04:05:49 PM »

Another reason why Robin isn't responding to GnR questions is that its not the place for him to speak about that.

He's been in the band for 10 years.
Most or all GNR fans have supported him and been really excited about his work on GNR and treated him like a very very important band member and the face of the new Guns N Roses outwards, alongside Axl, Tommy and some others.

And you're giving me an excuse as to why he can't fucking open his mouth and actually tell us?

It's horribly disrespectful!! Especially when we have an imminent album release! I thought Robin Finck, of all people, would know better.

Even though Jarmo don't understand it, Robin Finck's status (or non status in this band) gives me a bitter taste in my mouth on the verge of this release.

When a band releases a new album, I sort of like it when the band is the same as in the writing credits.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 04:11:16 PM by DCK » Logged
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #3986 on: November 14, 2008, 04:15:03 PM »

Robin Finck has proven he doesn't give a fuck about GNR fans, and GNR aren't going to be a bummer and release a press statement about another departed member on the week of their album release.

End.

And there goes the challenger...
Death Cube K
« Reply #3987 on: November 14, 2008, 04:24:20 PM »

Robin Finck has proven he doesn't give a fuck about GNR fans, and GNR aren't going to be a bummer and release a press statement about another departed member on the week of their album release.

Yep, pretty much summed up. Unfortenately.

Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #3988 on: November 14, 2008, 04:32:05 PM »

As it was said earlier, make this announcement simultaneous with the album release and "Average Joe" says "Robin who?" 

GNR is Axl Rose.  That's all the public "needs to know" right now...
wadey
Legend

« Reply #3989 on: November 14, 2008, 04:32:28 PM »

change the title of the thread to

robin leaving? just touring? just fucking everyone around?

if he's gone i think the management can more than handle the situation.........they done a fucking good job so far!

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Death Cube K
« Reply #3990 on: November 14, 2008, 04:38:49 PM »

GNR is Axl Rose.  That's all the public "needs to know" right now...

Good for them then. I'm not one of them. Maybe I should be.  hihi
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3991 on: November 14, 2008, 06:08:09 PM »

for all those who like reading too much into things, Del James has changed his status on myspace to:

Del James fought tooth and nail every inch of the way. I got scars to prove it

there is nail and there is inch in the same sentence  ok hihi

v. ..

Henson
Headliner

Need to see a revival tonight...

« Reply #3992 on: November 14, 2008, 06:21:44 PM »

Let's not get all hasty and make remarks about how Robin "doesn't give a fuck about GNR fans." And all this about his ignorant egoist attitude is extremely misplaced.
I remember it was only him that made a very sympathetic statement on his website about the cancellation of the festival

I'm writing now in the wake of the recently postponed and cancelled GNR commitments in Japan and in South Africa. I guess I'm writing because I too am disappointed, have a conscience, a website, and I am not on the Bullet Train to Osaka this evening.

I purely want to share with those whom were avid for seeing GNR at these concerts that I too was looking forward to seeing you all. The band was primed and pumped, production packed and shipped. Then, much to our distress, unforeseen circumstance walked in, dropped its surly case and announced with certainty, "I'm here! ". What can we do.

I have received innumerable emails from real people who where hooking up with friends or family, flying to faraway cities, booking hotels or friend's couches, docking the USS Kitty Hawk, and otherwise scheduling their time and enthusiasm around these events. In short, these peeps wuz straight stung adrenalized and lettin' me square have it! I too was psyched about the shows, planning to meet friends and family, watch the cherry blossom blossom etc. It is my wish that your bounce forward from here be one of a willful arc and opportunity. Believe me, I'm swallowing that very pill by your side.

Well, I'm not gonna go on with this letter, this letter to you who've sent me. I think you catch my drift.

Best of spirits to you all and I sincerely wish for you a successful trip ahead. Have fun wherever you are-
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3993 on: November 14, 2008, 08:05:18 PM »

Yeah, Even back then in hindsight things seemed a bit touchy didn't they?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mcmurray
Headliner

« Reply #3994 on: November 14, 2008, 09:04:38 PM »

If he's gone it's really sad considering his writing contributions to CD.

There's only 1 writing contribution from Robin.  So in the scheme of things it's no loss.

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3995 on: November 14, 2008, 09:59:13 PM »

Robin is a huge part of this new band and he has earned his stripes over the last 10 yrs.  He has put up with the shit not only from GN'R fans when he replaced Slash but also Axl's inconsistancies over the years.  Obviously, someone from GN'R at least looks at this site every now and then so I hope they hear the fans now.  Make sure Robin is apart of the future.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3996 on: November 14, 2008, 10:11:25 PM »

Make sure Robin is apart of the future.

Oh please.

Can you get any more lame?

The band isn't some menu at a fast food restaurant where you get to pick what you want.

Like some guy once told me, "you're not in the band".  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #3997 on: November 14, 2008, 10:14:19 PM »

Make sure Robin is apart of the future.

Oh please.

Can you get any more lame?

The band isn't some menu at a fast food restaurant where you get to pick what you want.

Like some guy once told me, "you're not in the band".  hihi

/jarmo

You are not in the band. Get over it already!  rant

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3998 on: November 14, 2008, 10:39:04 PM »

Robin is a huge part of this new band and he has earned his stripes over the last 10 yrs.  He has put up with the shit not only from GN'R fans when he replaced Slash but also Axl's inconsistancies over the years.  Obviously, someone from GN'R at least looks at this site every now and then so I hope they hear the fans now.  Make sure Robin is apart of the future.
If Robin WANTED to be a part of the bands "future" I'm sure he could/would be.  But if he doesn't, then sayonara.  Thanks for your hard work, and good luck.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #3999 on: November 14, 2008, 10:41:49 PM »

Oh well.

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: