Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 12:45:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228564 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 788547 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3960 on: November 14, 2008, 01:28:40 AM »

I keep hearing these rumblings that the Bucket Man is coming back

If that's the case, wow

GnR becomes the most beastly guitar band in the world with Ronald and Bucket, not to mention Richard

Really?  Where?

Can you share where you heard these rumblings?

Ali
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #3961 on: November 14, 2008, 01:32:30 AM »

If that's the case, wow

GnR becomes the most beastly guitar band in the world with Ronald and Bucket, not to mention Richard

Really?  Where?

Ali
Wishful thinking.There is NOTHING to back this up.If there is, spill it.Having said that I want Bucket back as well.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3962 on: November 14, 2008, 01:34:42 AM »

I want what's best for the band. Although he was a great addition initially, Bucket turned out to be a total asshole who used the band for his own personal career gain. But whatever happens, I'm ok with that, as long as the band keeps on thriving.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #3963 on: November 14, 2008, 01:38:39 AM »

I want what's best for the band. Although he was a great addition initially, Bucket turned out to be a total asshole who used the band for his own personal career gain. But whatever happens, I'm ok with that, as long as the band keeps on thriving.

LOL,Bucket had a big following before GNR knew who he was.How did he use GNR?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #3964 on: November 14, 2008, 01:54:47 AM »

Then we'll have our own G3. Tongue

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #3965 on: November 14, 2008, 02:17:32 AM »

LOL,Bucket had a big following before GNR knew who he was.How did he use GNR?

If he used it for his own gain,
then gnr used him for some great guitar work which is on shacklers +others...

so if anything, they used each other, which makes him an asset to the band,

The man is welcome back and I hope one day he does return...

seeing Bucket and  Ron and Richard going full pace on the song chinese democracy- live
would be superbly awsome.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
mcmurray
Headliner

« Reply #3966 on: November 14, 2008, 02:38:34 AM »

Bucket turned out to be a total asshole who used the band for his own personal career gain.

What a load of wank.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #3967 on: November 14, 2008, 05:41:14 AM »

OMG is a good song.  Some of the best lyrics Axl has ever written

If Bucket had come along before the release of that song was released it could have been a classic

Yeah OMG is a great song that never had a chance to be finished properly.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #3968 on: November 14, 2008, 05:48:35 AM »

If Bucket had come along before the release of that song was released it could have been a classic

Isn't it finished?

I think it sounds great as it is...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #3969 on: November 14, 2008, 05:51:42 AM »

You don't believe that do you?Axl made Brain re-record at a great cost JF's drums on ChiDem.Being the studio perfectionist he seems to be, you think they just put out OMG? The fact that the song bombed with critics and fans has a lot to do with the "it was just a demo" talk they tried to sell us.

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3970 on: November 14, 2008, 05:58:54 AM »

this thread is a mix of emotions, rumors, off-topics, kudos and regrets, but we still don't know anything about Robin's status. most probably he is gone. it would be so much more worth to be happy about CD with only 8 more days to go. there are people that never gave a chance to see GNR without Slash. there are people that will never give a chance to see GNR without Robin. their loss. i personally just can't wait for CD and the Tour; first time, finally, after years this will be Chinese Democracy World Tour 2009 and I can't wait to here CD instead of WTTJ at the beggining, to hear Shackler's live and everything else - especially SORRY. I just can't fucking wait.

v. ..
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 07:27:49 AM by velimir » Logged
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #3971 on: November 14, 2008, 05:59:46 AM »

Bucket turned out to be a total asshole who used the band for his own personal career gain.

Even if that were so, aside from the asshole bit isn't Axl doing the same?
hebbesy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3972 on: November 14, 2008, 07:51:53 AM »

I still dont think believe Robin has left permamently, as far as I am concerned untill I hear otherwise Robin is still very much a gunner.  peace
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3973 on: November 14, 2008, 08:35:45 AM »

I will be staying at home with my CD.  In fact, I would be suprised if GNR did tour with a completely different lineup to the album.

I'd be perfectly happy with the new lineup if they could nail the sound.  I saw Roger Waters last year perform Dark Side and those musicians NAILED it, and it was amazing.  This is what GNR needs, but without Bucket it simply can not happen.  Prove me wrong, Ron!

If that is going to be the approach the approach why not try and get the originals back. At least it will excite the fans to see everybody back.

Although I do want a reunion at some point, I think the best thing for GNR right now is to actually have the people who wrote the music to CD tour with the band, i.e. Robin, Bucket, Brain, Tommy, Chris, Dizzy, Richard, Axl. However, Bucket is gone, and if Brain and Robin are gone then fuck it... the show must go on. They moved on after Slash left, they moved on after BH left, so I am sure they could move on after Robin.

I think when BH left it was NECESSAY to replace him because the guy was in a league of his own, so they got BF which is very skilled. With Robin leaving I think they can manage without breaking their heads about who to replace him with.

I just wonder if they are considering staying with 2 guitarist or looking for a replacement, and if so who is out there that would be a cool replacement?

axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #3974 on: November 14, 2008, 08:41:23 AM »

his name is even removed from the band members list on wikipeida, i guess its a new beginning!!!
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #3975 on: November 14, 2008, 08:51:44 AM »

If he's gone it's really sad considering his writing contributions to CD. Who knows what happened and what is going to happen. It spoils the fun a wee bit he's not here to enjoy the release "whit us". As of yet no official word from anyone *sighs* Oh well I guess it's all rock n' roll peace

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3976 on: November 14, 2008, 10:11:46 AM »

well no big deal they can replace him
they got Ron in just 2 weeks before going on the road again. so they've got plenty of time to search a replacement since a tour won't begin until early/mid 2009.
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #3977 on: November 14, 2008, 10:28:08 AM »

If that's the case, wow

Really?  Where?

Ali

I have heard that as well, but of course nothing concrete. I can't reveal my source to you because you already know everything that is going on.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3978 on: November 14, 2008, 10:33:55 AM »

If that's the case, wow

Really?  Where?

Ali

I have heard that as well, but of course nothing concrete. I can't reveal my source to you because you already know everything that is going on.

Obviously I know everything that's going on.  That's why I asked the questions above - because I know everything.

Ali
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #3979 on: November 14, 2008, 10:37:56 AM »

If that's the case, wow

Really?  Where?

Ali

Obviously I know everything that's going on.  That's why I asked the questions above - because I know everything.

Ali

it's ok. We know you know everything. No need to be so modest, but we appreciate it. See you at the party in LA, my friend?
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: