Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 10:13:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228563 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 788323 times)
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #3940 on: November 13, 2008, 01:45:14 PM »

Probably doesn't mean much, but our favourite band is still in the keywords of Robin's website.

<meta name="keywords" content="robin finck, guitar, guitarist, musician, guns n' roses, guns and roses, gnr, nine inch nails, nin, official, robin fink">

God, I do hope he's still in. He's my guitar hero, period.

Fingers crossed,

Niek
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #3941 on: November 13, 2008, 01:51:07 PM »

Probably doesn't mean much, but our favourite band is still in the keywords of Robin's website.

<meta name="keywords" content="robin finck, guitar, guitarist, musician, guns n' roses, guns and roses, gnr, nine inch nails, nin, official, robin fink">

Fingers crossed,

Niek

I would think that meta tags fall into the category of 'stuff you forget to change'.

And there goes the challenger...
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #3942 on: November 13, 2008, 02:15:08 PM »

Fingers crossed,

Niek

I would think that meta tags fall into the category of 'stuff you forget to change'.

I know. I just hope he's still in.

Niek

brad1217
Opening Act

« Reply #3943 on: November 13, 2008, 07:02:40 PM »

I never had a problem with Robin but I really started to like him after the 2006 tour. I will miss him if he's gone.  I would prefer if it would just be Ron and Richard.  For what it's worth (I'm sure someones mentioned it so sorry) but Robin's not listed on the myspace band member list anymore.
mcmurray
Headliner

« Reply #3944 on: November 13, 2008, 09:31:34 PM »

Since when has the goal of a concert been to duplicate the sound of the album?

Since when has the goal of a concert been to butcher the albums' sound?
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #3945 on: November 13, 2008, 10:09:20 PM »

If you think stripping down the sound of a song, reinventing or reinterpreting it with a different lineup is 'butchering', I suggest you stay home with your CDs.

And there goes the challenger...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3946 on: November 13, 2008, 10:10:51 PM »

If you think stripping down the sound of a song, reinventing or reinterpreting it with a different lineup is 'butchering', I suggest you stay home with your CDs.

Is that what he is doing hitting all those sour bends and shit?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #3947 on: November 13, 2008, 10:16:59 PM »

Tim Skold? The guy is a great songwriter, but he's very sloppy (I know alot of people think Robin is too, though). It might work. I love Robin to death, he's definitely my favorite guitar player out there, but if he is gone, I would LOVE to see John5 join the band. He'd be awesome. It just boggles my mind that anyone would leave the band when their 10 years of hard work is about to come to fruition! Why didn't he leave after he knew there'd be no album last year? Fuck me...

PS. I don't have a clue smoking
[/quote]

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3948 on: November 13, 2008, 10:25:49 PM »

Tim Skold? The guy is a great songwriter, but he's very sloppy (I know alot of people think Robin is too, though). It might work. I love Robin to death, he's definitely my favorite guitar player out there, but if he is gone, I would LOVE to see John5 join the band. He'd be awesome. It just boggles my mind that anyone would leave the band when their 10 years of hard work is about to come to fruition! Why didn't he leave after he knew there'd be no album last year? Fuck me...

[/quote]

because, most likely, the whole point was to see the album come to the point of release (or at least where the release was certain), before quitting the band.  he put over a decade of work into the album, he wanted to see it released, and get credited.  maybe he feared leaving earlier because he didnt want the possibility of his parts being re-recorded and losing credit.  just a theory...

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3949 on: November 13, 2008, 11:05:10 PM »

[/quote]

IF robin's gone, I agree with you on John5 as his replacement.

If John5 is not available, let GNR with 2 guitar players, and give Richard all Robin's solos (and the main role after Axl)

BUT I WANT ROBIN SO BAD!!

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
mcmurray
Headliner

« Reply #3950 on: November 13, 2008, 11:10:36 PM »

I will be staying at home with my CD.  In fact, I would be suprised if GNR did tour with a completely different lineup to the album.

I'd be perfectly happy with the new lineup if they could nail the sound.  I saw Roger Waters last year perform Dark Side and those musicians NAILED it, and it was amazing.  This is what GNR needs, but without Bucket it simply can not happen.  Prove me wrong, Ron!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 11:12:35 PM by mcmurray » Logged
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #3951 on: November 13, 2008, 11:23:32 PM »

I will be staying at home with my CD.  In fact, I would be suprised if GNR did tour with a completely different lineup to the album.

I'd be perfectly happy with the new lineup if they could nail the sound.  I saw Roger Waters last year perform Dark Side and those musicians NAILED it, and it was amazing.  This is what GNR needs, but without Bucket it simply can not happen.  Prove me wrong, Ron!

Pink Floyd is/was an awesome band.  Their ability to reproduce their albums in concert is awesome.  I also think modern Guns N' Roses has a lot in common with Pink Floyd.

That said, Guns N' Roses is not Pink Floyd.  The live band is not the same as the studio band.   You buy the album for the studio experience, you go to the show for the live experience.   Why not enjoy both?  Or you can just stay home, as you said.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
mcmurray
Headliner

« Reply #3952 on: November 14, 2008, 12:23:15 AM »

Pink Floyd is/was an awesome band.  Their ability to reproduce their albums in concert is awesome.  I also think modern Guns N' Roses has a lot in common with Pink Floyd.

That said, Guns N' Roses is not Pink Floyd.  The live band is not the same as the studio band.   You buy the album for the studio experience, you go to the show for the live experience.   Why not enjoy both?  Or you can just stay home, as you said.

Fair points, but I was talking about Roger Waters as a solo artist with 'hired guns'.  I'd be happy if the GNR live band can nail it in the same way, I have my doubts though.
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #3953 on: November 14, 2008, 12:42:40 AM »

Slash said it back in the mid 90's. Axl wanted Nine Inch Nails, and now he has it.

I'm semi-kidding, but it's kind-of true.  ok
mcmurray
Headliner

« Reply #3954 on: November 14, 2008, 12:47:05 AM »

Slash said it back in the mid 90's. Axl wanted Nine Inch Nails, and now he has it.

This was the reason Axl hired Robin in the first place, it certainly wasn't for his guitar playing skills (or lack thereof) alone.
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #3955 on: November 14, 2008, 12:55:53 AM »

This was the reason Axl hired Robin in the first place, it certainly wasn't for his guitar playing skills (or lack thereof) alone.

He also hired Josh Freese and tried to get Chris Vrenna. So? Guns N' Nails is still a good band. Except for OMG.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #3956 on: November 14, 2008, 01:06:06 AM »

OMG is a good song.  Some of the best lyrics Axl has ever written

If Bucket had come along before the release of that song was released it could have been a classic
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #3957 on: November 14, 2008, 01:22:50 AM »

I just saw a report on "The Loop in 60 seconds" on MuchMoreMusic in Canada reporting that Robin has left the band.  It had the caption "Guns N' Roses loses another member"... at the end the VJ said:  "The Curse Continues... MWA Ha Ha Ha Ha"
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #3958 on: November 14, 2008, 01:27:02 AM »

I keep hearing these rumblings that the Bucket Man is coming back

If that's the case, wow

GnR becomes the most beastly guitar band in the world with Ronald and Bucket, not to mention Richard
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3959 on: November 14, 2008, 01:28:30 AM »

I keep hearing these rumblings that the Bucket Man is coming back

If that's the case, wow

GnR becomes the most beastly guitar band in the world with Ronald and Bucket, not to mention Richard

Where the fuck did you hear that, except in wishful thinking at message boards?
He didn't exactly leave the band on a good note.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: