Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 10:17:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228563 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 788378 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #3920 on: November 13, 2008, 03:21:52 AM »

Something that has not been discussed on any GN'R board I have seen are the legal ramifications GN'R's camp could face if they talk to R o bi n while he is under contract with NIN.  It is a tortious act (meaning you can be sued for damages) to induce a person to break a binding contract with another party.  As Robin is under contract with NIN, GN'R probably cannot talk to him without risking a lawsuit.  I'm sure Trent (I am also a fan of his, but lets face it, he hates Axl) would love nothing more than to do whatever he can to piss off Axl with a lawsuit.  Also, NIN could argue that R o b in's presence on their tour results in greater attendance, so the damages sought might be significant (e.g. I went to see NIN recently, just to see him play). 

This could be the reason why GN'R has not commented further on his situation, because they honestly may not know as they may have not talked to him.  They may not even know the length of his NIN contract, and therefore, are just waiting to find out if it ends before the likely tour commences, at which time they could make him an offer to rejoin. 

And yes, I am a lawyer.   

10 days!

Good point, nice screen name as well
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #3921 on: November 13, 2008, 03:36:23 AM »

I don't see what all the secrecy is about. He's either in the band or he isn't. Why is there no info from him or the band or even NIN?

Fuck 'Em All.
sharkswithlasers
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3922 on: November 13, 2008, 03:42:33 AM »

To answer your question: Yes, it is safe to assume Robin isn't under any contract with GN'R and that Trent made him sign an exclusivity agreement to only be with NIN.  Despite all of the other members side-projects and guest appearances, I'm sure there is a clause in their contract which states that GN'R takes priority or maybe even that Axl has the right to refuse to allow a member to do a certain thing.  The band members might be allowed to enter additional contracts, as long as those arrangements permit the member to terminate the contract if their services are required for GN'R.  Dizzy probably has a clause like that in his touring agreements (e.g. he agrees to play unless GN'R requires him). 

This is all speculation of course, but this is often how such arrangements are structured. 

Also, this doesn't mean that Robin won't get royalty payments for his contributions to CD because he is still credited as a writer on certain tracks.  These payments (for song writing) are totally not affected by his contractual status with the band.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 03:45:24 AM by sharkswithlasers » Logged
Olorin
« Reply #3923 on: November 13, 2008, 04:40:21 AM »

For GN'R and Robin to say they have no idea what either is doing is nonsense, they all know each others phone numbers, emails, postal addresses, have friends who still communicate with each other etc.

It just looks like there has been a communication breakdown and falling out between both parties and noone has yeided yet. Seems like neither is going to either, and GN'R will be looking for another guitarist.

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #3924 on: November 13, 2008, 06:33:04 AM »

One way of looking at this, is that CD is the end of one era and the start of another. It's the summation of the band's work over the last 10 years, and in that time contributions were made by people who are no longer in the band - i.e. Brain, Bucket and Robin.

And there goes the challenger...
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #3925 on: November 13, 2008, 06:39:16 AM »

Huh, just finally saw the MySpace delete...that's official enough for me!  Goodbye you f--ked up, confusing MF.  I am guessing, unless they tour with stripped songs (based on Chidem and Shackler) that they will need a third guitarist...or perhaps with technology today, Dizzy and Pitman can do guitar fills on keyboard???  BBF & Fortus will be awesome - but there are just too many layers of sound to pull it off exactly as on the Album.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #3926 on: November 13, 2008, 06:50:37 AM »

I'm not going to comment on this till we have an official statement from Robin himself and GNR

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #3927 on: November 13, 2008, 07:20:34 AM »

One way of looking at this, is that CD is the end of one era and the start of another. It's the summation of the band's work over the last 10 years, and in that time contributions were made by people who are no longer in the band - i.e. Brain, Bucket and Robin.

Exactly.

Huh, just finally saw the MySpace delete...that's official enough for me!  Goodbye you f--ked up, confusing MF.  

do ya think it's necessary to insult him?

mcmurray
Headliner

« Reply #3928 on: November 13, 2008, 07:56:43 AM »

Huh, just finally saw the MySpace delete...that's official enough for me!  Goodbye you f--ked up, confusing MF.  I am guessing, unless they tour with stripped songs (based on Chidem and Shackler) that they will need a third guitarist...or perhaps with technology today, Dizzy and Pitman can do guitar fills on keyboard???  BBF & Fortus will be awesome - but there are just too many layers of sound to pull it off exactly as on the Album.

They'll need Bucket in order to pull it off exactly as on the album.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #3929 on: November 13, 2008, 08:41:26 AM »

Since when has the goal of a concert been to duplicate the sound of the album?

And there goes the challenger...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3930 on: November 13, 2008, 08:44:33 AM »

I wouldn't be opposed if Bucket came back. What a show that would be......

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3931 on: November 13, 2008, 08:50:14 AM »

I think there will be nor Robin nor Bucket on the 2009. tour. There will be someone else... someone new... someone cool...

Also, I think Axl or someone else close to him stated is that this is exactly what Axl was trying to do... he has enough material recorded now he can put an album every year or so for the next 2 or 3 years (+ ideas that are/will grow since BBF joined) and tour no matter of who is in the band and for what reasons (some are for love, some are for money and some are for fame). Richard is the tour musician, professional player, not really the band-type of player... but he is amazing in the GNR. And I don't see anyone complaining about him.

So if Robin decided to move on there really won't be any harm done. And I am sure both Axl and Robin are taking it as grown ups, unlike many fans around which should be last to care.

No hard feelings!

v. ..

« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 09:17:36 AM by velimir » Logged
dash
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts ....... Who Knows Wen??!!

« Reply #3932 on: November 13, 2008, 09:48:37 AM »

i don't know about the legal issues about Robin's departur, and i dont't give a care.

But i regret deeply if he's gone. Robin made a hell of a job to overcome slash in gunners hearts and he made it.

I was couting to see Robin in the next tour, he is the most entusiasting member of the new GNR by far. Hope he isn't realy out!
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #3933 on: November 13, 2008, 10:03:30 AM »

They'll need Bucket in order to pull it off exactly as on the album.
In that case they'll need Paul back as well.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #3934 on: November 13, 2008, 10:16:31 AM »

I just think it's odd that these guitarists stuck around for the making of the cd...the numerous random tours in between when the cd was no where in sight...and now that everything is official...and the tours will probably be making the most money...guys like Robin are leaving after being with the band so long.  Just very strange.  Are there speculations as to who is going to replace him?  One could only assume that this is going to take a big hit on the tour...

<i>Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker</i>
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #3935 on: November 13, 2008, 10:27:35 AM »

Izzy Stradlin or Paul Tobias is back HuhHuhHuhHuh?

I still believe on the Robin Finck will be in the GN'R in 2009 tour !
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 10:32:42 AM by Slashrose » Logged
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3936 on: November 13, 2008, 10:30:32 AM »

I just think it's odd that these guitarists stuck around for the making of the cd...the numerous random tours in between when the cd was no where in sight...and now that everything is official...and the tours will probably be making the most money...guys like Robin are leaving after being with the band so long.  Just very strange.  Are there speculations as to who is going to replace him?  One could only assume that this is going to take a big hit on the tour...

Tim Skold

PS. I don't have a clue smoking
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 10:34:04 AM by velimir » Logged
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #3937 on: November 13, 2008, 10:33:44 AM »

saul can you shed some light?

Sorry bro - but ever since I spilled the beans about Shacklers (and my quote got posted all over the web) I've had to watch what I say and when or feel the wrath of some heavy handed thugs. Or something like that. Let's just say it's in my best interest to keep my mouth shut about private things.  ok

zipped mouth starts now!!

The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #3938 on: November 13, 2008, 10:40:20 AM »

I'm sure this has topic has been beaten to the ground several times...I just don't have time to go through the nearly 200 pages of comments on it haha..

But Robin left in the late 90's to tour with NIN and that's why we got Buckethead to replace him...then he came back and they worked together...why is it now Robin isn't coming back?  Trent Reznor shouldn't even have a full time guitarist...his music is so different he could just grab anybody to shred a few verses in there and leave the studio after...I understand the touring...but that's about all I understand...

I think he might be back as well...although we don't know this time around what went on behind the curtain.  Or do we?  At least I don't know anyway...

<i>Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker</i>
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3939 on: November 13, 2008, 10:41:56 AM »

zipped mouth starts now!!

p.s. be prepared for some really shocking 'surprises' when this album drops - a few twists in the road awaits.  beer

beer

v. ..
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: