Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 07:41:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 788167 times)
gp71
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3900 on: November 12, 2008, 11:15:47 PM »

Batman!!!

Where is Robin? nervous

Pitu  love
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3901 on: November 12, 2008, 11:35:07 PM »

All I can ask is, for the love of GOD, please Axl, no Dave Navarro.............

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3902 on: November 12, 2008, 11:37:29 PM »

Batman!!!

Where is Robin? nervous

Pitu  love

Hey guy what's the hell goin' on with you? U have any problem with your brain? That's your third post without any sense...

On: still waitin' 'bout an official statetment... if Robin isn't in the band anymore, I'm sure Axl will find a proper replacement to kick asses in the next "Chinese Democracy" tour  peace (There's a new album to be release in some days...)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 11:40:45 PM by alejoyp » Logged
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #3903 on: November 12, 2008, 11:58:17 PM »

If Robin is gone, Ronald and Richard are more than capable of handling the guitar duties

I believe I stated my opinion about why there were 3 guitarists in the first place earlier in this thread, but I'll do it again

First, it was Robin and Paul

Then it was just Paul with Brian May helping out

Then it became Paul and Bucket.  Robin decided that he wanted to rejoin the band and came back.  But it's evident that there was a 3-4 year period where there were only 2 guitarists

After Bucket's departure, they needed someone to come in who could play his virtuoso parts, so in came Ron

I firmly believe that if Robin had left and Bucket had stayed, there never would've been a third guitarist.  And I believe if Robin is gone, that Ron and Richard are going to be the touring guitarists, and they are both more than up to the task
Black Betty
Headliner

« Reply #3904 on: November 13, 2008, 12:02:55 AM »

That's great! How many times have you seen Axl on stage with ONLY 2 guitarists in the past 10 years? That would be ZERO. As a gambling man by nature, I would say Axl wants 3, and only 3 guitarists.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #3905 on: November 13, 2008, 12:20:14 AM »

If Robin is gone, Ronald and Richard are more than capable of handling the guitar duties

I believe I stated my opinion about why there were 3 guitarists in the first place earlier in this thread, but I'll do it again

Then it became Paul and Bucket.  Robin decided that he wanted to rejoin the band and came back.  But it's evident that there was a 3-4 year period where there were only 2 guitarists

After Bucket's departure, they needed someone to come in who could play his virtuoso parts, so in came Ron

I firmly believe that if Robin had left and Bucket had stayed, there never would've been a third guitarist.  And I believe if Robin is gone, that Ron and Richard are going to be the touring guitarists, and they are both more than up to the task

Its possible to just have 2 touring guitarists

but it would be more Recommended to have 3,
as alot of the new songs require 3 guitars simultaneously.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
axlrose_7
Headliner

I Rock

« Reply #3906 on: November 13, 2008, 12:22:52 AM »

I'd love if it stayed with Bumblefoot and Richard.
Richard is totally understimated, as he is a fucking guitar virtuoso.
And Ron, eh. He's THE man.

My words may disturb but at least there's a reaction
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3907 on: November 13, 2008, 12:27:05 AM »

Im not gonna say Robin is out of GnR just because he's not on their myspace page.  Robin's in NIN as we speak, once the tour starts and there's a offical statement saying he's left the band, then I will believe.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Mooch
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3908 on: November 13, 2008, 12:30:24 AM »

That was a VERY valid point!  many of the new songs are very "full" sounding and have many layers of guitars at the same time, so 3 guitars would be better than 2 for these.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3909 on: November 13, 2008, 12:37:02 AM »

That was a VERY valid point!  many of the new songs are very "full" sounding and have many layers of guitars at the same time, so 3 guitars would be better than 2 for these.

Some of the songs have 8 guitars.  Some led zep songs have 12 guitars.  Old gnr always had 3 guitars on albums.  In a live setting, 2 is enough, you can fake the rest.  These guys are badasses, not some highschool band.  They can and will handle it just fine.  No need to find a "touring" guitar player that has to learn all these songs, enough of that.  Just make do with the 2 badasses you have.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3910 on: November 13, 2008, 12:47:11 AM »

Over at another GnR message board a member is stating that they ran into Robin before a NIN show, I guess they asked  him if he and GnR would be coming to montreal, Robin responded " I took alot of photo's and the people r nice here" then signed his ticket and walked in.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #3911 on: November 13, 2008, 12:49:23 AM »

Over at another GnR message board a member is stating that they ran into Robin before a NIN show, I guess they asked  him if he and GnR would be coming to montreal, Robin responded " I took alot of photo's and the people r nice here" then signed his ticket and walked in.

what the hell does that mean? Is he trying to be mysterious or something. Just give us a straight answer.
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3912 on: November 13, 2008, 12:50:43 AM »

Which board, this board is bored. 

Dont eat cheese after midnight
efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3913 on: November 13, 2008, 12:53:07 AM »

Wtf?

Anyway, it will suck if Robin leaves but if he chose to bail.... then good riddance.

Regardless, his solo's on Better, The Blues, and TWAT are just amazing.

Someone told me that Bucketheads manager said a huge announcement was coming soon. Considering BH is still on the album and I think Axl tried to get him back before 2006 (Read that somewhere back then).... it's possible BH could come back. The thought of Ron and Bucket sharing a stage blows my mind.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3914 on: November 13, 2008, 12:54:51 AM »

saul can you shed some light?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #3915 on: November 13, 2008, 12:56:59 AM »

Im not gonna say Robin is out of GnR just because he's not on their myspace page.  Robin's in NIN as we speak, once the tour starts and there's a offical statement saying he's left the band, then I will believe.

He's out man.What more do you need?Now we need Azoff to call Bucket.The NIN Hotline, is not a random NIN site.They have connections to Trent and the band.Check the site,Man.

This and Finck is off the GNR Myspace page.Fortus is touring with Rhianna (lucky bastard,Fortus!) and he isn't off the page.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3916 on: November 13, 2008, 12:58:53 AM »

What about Mystron, can he shed some light?? or did he turn out to be a fraudulant insider? From a Fernando post?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 01:00:29 AM by dont_damn_me » Logged
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #3917 on: November 13, 2008, 01:04:12 AM »

What about Mystron, can he shed some light?? or did he turn out to be a fraudulant insider? From a Fernando post?

You know how Jarmo/Mysteron confirm/deny rumors,etc.Well, this is what this guy does.

Dispelling Rumours Like Its My Job
Despite numerous reports and submissions via the Hotline "Submit a Lead" link (to my right), via both ETS and NIN.com forums, and via several Guns N' Roses sites, Robin Finck is not leaving Nine Inch Nails at the end of the tour to rejoin G n' R. This should clear up any rumours that the Finckster will indeed be "pulling a Freese" any time soon.

This has been a daily service announcement from your friendly neighbourhood Swindley.
Reported by swindley at 11:06
http://www.theninhotline.net/news/

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
sharkswithlasers
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3918 on: November 13, 2008, 03:15:30 AM »

Something that has not been discussed on any GN'R board I have seen are the legal ramifications GN'R's camp could face if they talk to R o bi n while he is under contract with NIN.  It is a tortious act (meaning you can be sued for damages) to induce a person to break a binding contract with another party.  As Robin is under contract with NIN, GN'R probably cannot talk to him without risking a lawsuit.  I'm sure Trent (I am also a fan of his, but lets face it, he hates Axl) would love nothing more than to do whatever he can to piss off Axl with a lawsuit.  Also, NIN could argue that R o b in's presence on their tour results in greater attendance, so the damages sought might be significant (e.g. I went to see NIN recently, just to see him play). 

This could be the reason why GN'R has not commented further on his situation, because they honestly may not know as they may have not talked to him.  They may not even know the length of his NIN contract, and therefore, are just waiting to find out if it ends before the likely tour commences, at which time they could make him an offer to rejoin. 

And yes, I am a lawyer.   

10 days!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 03:17:42 AM by sharkswithlasers » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3919 on: November 13, 2008, 03:19:17 AM »

Something that has not been discussed on any GN'R board I have seen are the legal ramifications GN'R's camp could face if they talk to R o bi n while he is under contract with NIN.  It is a tortious act (meaning you can be sued for damages) to induce a person to break a binding contract with another party.  As Robin is under contract with NIN, GN'R probably cannot talk to him without risking a lawsuit.  I'm sure Trent (I am also a fan of his, but lets face it, he hates Axl) would love nothing more than to do whatever he can to piss off Axl with a lawsuit.  Also, NIN could argue that R o b in's presence on their tour results in greater attendance, so the damages sought might be significant (e.g. I went to see NIN recently, just to see him play). 

This could be the reason why GN'R has not commented further on his situation, because they honestly may not know as they may have not talked to him.  They may not even know the length of his NIN contract, and therefore, are just waiting to find out if it ends before the likely tour commences, at which time they could make him an offer to rejoin. 

And yes, I am a lawyer.   

10 days!

so would it be safe to assume that Robin isn't under any contractual obligations with GnR currently?

I do remember Axl mentioning he had some contract negotiations that needed worked out prior to the albums release..
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: