Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 07:39:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 788154 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3880 on: November 12, 2008, 10:21:16 PM »

Listening to and enjoying the album is not what Im talking about

What exactly is it taking away from the release?

Check out the Rolling Stone review.

Im not either. But dont you think its crazy that not even one of the two will be in the band when it gets released?

No. Their loss.

If Axl didnt think highly of Bucket then why the hell did he keep all his parts on the album? Why the hell did Axl jump thru hoops to please Bucket? Why the hell did Axl buy Bucket some stupid doll and walk around Disney Land if he didnt think that highly of him?

Nobody said anything about his playing.

I'm guessing his parts are on the album because it's right for the album.

Judging by the RS review, there's people involved in the album who aren't in the band. Why? Because it's right for the end result.

Its what your doing. I am passionate about the BAND Axl assembled. You are telling me as long as Axl is in it just move on.
to use your phrase..."next"

I'm passionate about what's there now and what's ahead.

I have faith in GN'R.

Just like Buckethead leaving ended up meaning that GN'R got Ron in the band, I'm sure something good will come out of all this if Robin has chosen to move on.

How is RObin a distraction? Bucket maybe. But RObin?

Well I guess you missed all those posts about how Robin can't play....

Not my personal opinion though.

Bucket brings credibility to the serious music fan.

So does Ron! Cheesy

Your missing my point. I am 100% supportive of the remianing members. But Tommy, Pitman, Dizzy, and Richard werent the lead guitar players.

If you support them, show it a bit more.

The band is the one that helped create CD. Many people have, but according to the writing credits, 2 of them are gone.

Josh Freese co-wrote the title track and he's not there.

Upset?

The producer who co-wrote Shackler's Revenge was never in the band to begin with.

How do you handle that?

Does it take away from the celebrations as well?

All Im saying is that his departure takes away from the celebration.

For who?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #3881 on: November 12, 2008, 10:24:10 PM »

I think the Rolling Stone review pretty much lays it all out there... Axl had a "sound" in his head as the future of Guns N' Roses... and achieving that "sound" required as many as 5 guitarists on any given track. Meanwhile, Axl, Dizzy and Tommy are basically the only 3 members consistently on each track. I hate to speculate... but I feel like Jarmo's on the right path here. Could very well be that in the end GN'R had evolved into something that Robin had not initially signed on for. He had gone from being the featured lead guitarist replacing Slash to one of a veritable army of guitarists on the album. We probably all agree that it would STILL be in his best interests to hang in there and ride the wave of the next few years as "one of the featured lead guitarists of GN'R" or whatever... but he's made another decision. Maybe he finally got some creative concessions from Reznor. Who knows? Many thanks for all his hard work and I wish him the best.

That said- a HUGE door just opened for Bumblefoot IMHO. I wouldn't pre-judge either. He was finding his way with the catalog a bit and obviously being respectful of Finck and Fortus on the 2006-07 tours. But let's see what happens with his stage presence and "rock star" aura now that he's apparently the feature player. Finck improved by leaps and bounds between 2002 and 2006. Thal can very well do the same- if not more- considering he's got better chops.

Let me tell you, Bumblefoot as the feature guitar player for Guns N' Roses would be fucking awesome! smoking He's been my favourite since he joined.

Agreed. If there was one thing that bothered me about 2006-07 Guns N' Roses... it was a sense that Bumblefoot was under-utilized given his immense talents (probably a function of his late addition to the band and the fact that Finck had obviously well-established himself by that point). As much as I regret Robin's apparent departure... the idea that Bumblefoot may be shuffling up to the true lead guitarist slot should be exciting news for GN'R fans. This guy is a true guitar virtuoso- in the vein of Slash and Buckethead. The guitar geeks (and there are tons of them out there as Buckethead's involvement with the band proved) are going to love this development as well IMHO.

On another note- love Fortus- and I hope he gets a few more leads out of all this- but the guy really channels that Izzy/Gilby/Rolling Stones rhythm guitar vibe perfectly IMHO (with better chops than Izzy or Gilby of course). He's really perfect in the rhythm role for GN'R IMHO.  

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #3882 on: November 12, 2008, 10:26:44 PM »

"The producer who co-wrote Shackler's Revenge was never in the band to begin with.

How do you handle that?

Does it take away from the celebrations as well?"

Jarmo, while I'm upset about this situation, I was with you until I read this.  Come on, now.  Don't you feel like that's reaching a bit?  The co-writer/producer of SR was not the lead guitarist in this band over 10 years and multiple tours.  Robin's current situation certainly doesn't diminish the achievement of the album's release or the excitement it has generated, but it does put a bit of a black mark on it.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3883 on: November 12, 2008, 10:27:52 PM »

I think the Rolling Stone review pretty much lays it all out there... Axl had a "sound" in his head as the future of Guns N' Roses... and achieving that "sound" required as many as 5 guitarists on any given track. Meanwhile, Axl, Dizzy and Tommy are basically the only 3 members consistently on each track. I hate to speculate... but I feel like Jarmo's on the right path here. Could very well be that in the end GN'R had evolved into something that Robin had not initially signed on for. He had gone from being the featured lead guitarist replacing Slash to one of a veritable army of guitarists on the album. We probably all agree that it would STILL be in his best interests to hang in there and ride the wave of the next few years as "one of the featured lead guitarists of GN'R" or whatever... but he's made another decision. Maybe he finally got some creative concessions from Reznor. Who knows? Many thanks for all his hard work and I wish him the best.

That said- a HUGE door just opened for Bumblefoot IMHO. I wouldn't pre-judge either. He was finding his way with the catalog a bit and obviously being respectful of Finck and Fortus on the 2006-07 tours. But let's see what happens with his stage presence and "rock star" aura now that he's apparently the feature player. Finck improved by leaps and bounds between 2002 and 2006. Thal can very well do the same- if not more- considering he's got better chops.

Let me tell you, Bumblefoot as the feature guitar player for Guns N' Roses would be fucking awesome! smoking He's been my favourite since he joined.

Agreed. If there was one thing that bothered me about 2006-07 Guns N' Roses... it was a sense that Bumblefoot was under-utilized given his immense talents (probably a function of his late addition to the band and the fact that Finck had obviously well-established himself by that point). As much as I regret Robin's apparent departure... the idea that Bumblefoot may be shuffling up to the true lead guitarist slot should be exciting news for GN'R fans. This guy is a true guitar virtuoso- in the vein of Slash and Buckethead. The guitar geeks (and there are tons of them out there as Buckethead's involvement with the band proved) are going to love this development as well IMHO.

Absolutely, I agree with feeling odd that a virtuoso like Ron basically had to stand in the back during the 2006 tour but whatever, he will soon get his time to shine! beer I agree that Bumble brings tons of credibility to GN'R as far as guitar playing goes, and his joining the band viped out 100% of my missing Bucket. I love Ron, and really hope he gets to play center stage. He is just an all-around awesome giuy! beer

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3884 on: November 12, 2008, 10:29:59 PM »

"The producer who co-wrote Shackler's Revenge was never in the band to begin with.

How do you handle that?

Jarmo, while I'm upset about this situation, I was with you until I read this.  Come on, now.  Don't you feel like that's reaching a bit?  The co-writer/producer of SR was not the lead guitarist in this band over 10 years and multiple tours.  Robin's current situation certainly doesn't diminish the achievement of the album's release or the excitement it has generated, but it does put a bit of a black mark on it.

Member or not, Chinese Democracy is a product which many different people had a hand in the process of creating.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3885 on: November 12, 2008, 10:31:46 PM »

Come on, now.  Don't you feel like that's reaching a bit?  

It was a joke on somebody saying this "takes away from the celebrations".

What does it mean? A smaller cake?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #3886 on: November 12, 2008, 10:33:23 PM »

Come on, now.  Don't you feel like that's reaching a bit?  

It was a joke on somebody saying this "takes away from the celebrations".

What does it mean? A smaller cake?

/jarmo

Ok, that got a hearty laugh.  Nicely played.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3887 on: November 12, 2008, 10:35:11 PM »

Ok, I don't feel like reading all these posts after working  a full day and taking a class. After reading a few posts, I am assuming that  Robin
has officially left GNR?! Is this correct?! If so, was there an announcement  as to why he left?
RevolutionRock
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3888 on: November 12, 2008, 10:36:37 PM »

Im sure jarmo will be happy when slash comes on board and takes robins' spot.

you obviously have a man crush on jarmo.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3889 on: November 12, 2008, 10:37:56 PM »

Ok, I don't feel like reading all these posts after working  a full day and taking a class. After reading a few posts, I am assuming that  Robin
has officially left GNR?! Is this correct?! If so, was there an announcement  as to why he left?

no.

Robin has not said a word, as usual.

GNR either.

GNR just decided to erase him from the ''bandmember'' list at the official MySpace.

That edit, made 10 days away from the release of the album, generated all this chaos of theories and speculation.

it would be REALLY FUNNY if the GNR Myspace lists Robin again by tomorrow...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3890 on: November 12, 2008, 10:38:45 PM »

So who's excited about the album coming out next week?

/jarmo

I am.

And I cannot believe I had to go back that many pages to find this.  hihi

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3891 on: November 12, 2008, 10:40:03 PM »

So who's excited about the album coming out next week?

/jarmo

I am.

And I cannot believe I had to go back that many pages to find this.  hihi

same here
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3892 on: November 12, 2008, 10:40:26 PM »

Thanks Esteban for clearing that up.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #3893 on: November 12, 2008, 10:40:45 PM »

How do you handle that?

For those who have followed the new band closely since 1997 or so.... perhaps. That is a minute portion of people on the internet compared to the masses who are basically about to be re-introduced to GN'R for the first time in 15 years and could care less who exactly plays what- especially when you're talking about 5 guitarists on certain tracks. What will ultimately matter to them is who plays all the killer leads in the videos and at concerts (that's how Slash become huge- not because someone religiously read the credits on AFD). Thal and Fortus appear on the album and Thal and Fortus will be tearing it up before adoring crowds... and that's what will matter. I really don't think the casual rock fans (who ultimately make this album HUGE or not) out there will view this as some kind of "black mark". Just another player who contributed along the way.  

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
gp71
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3894 on: November 12, 2008, 10:42:26 PM »

Hasta la vista... Robin Grin

esteban, uli        hihi rofl rofl
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #3895 on: November 12, 2008, 10:50:26 PM »

For those who have followed the new band closely since 1997 or so.... perhaps. That isa minute portion of people on the internet compared to the masses who are basically about to be re-introduced to GN'R for the first time in 15 years and could care less who exactly plays what- especially when you're talking about 5 guitarists on certain tracks. What will ultimately matter to them is who plays all the killer leads in the videos and at concerts (that's how Slash become huge- not because someone religiously read the credits on AFD). Thal and Fortus appear on the album and Thal and Fortus will be tearing it up before adoring crowds... and that's what will matter. I really don't think the casual rock fans (who ultimately make this album HUGE or not) out there will view this as some kind of "black mark". Just another player who contributed along the way.  

I wasn't really taking it to that point.  I'm not particularly interested in adoring fans at concerts or casual rock fans, and frankly, I couldn't care less.  Right now, at this point in time, I'm interested in and focused on those who have shared in this journey for the past decade-plus.  All of the members, producers, managers, boards, posts, rumors, the various theories, wild rationalizations, etc, that have culminated in this release.  For the community that Jarmo (among others) helped galvanize during the barren, silent years, this one stings.  
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #3896 on: November 12, 2008, 10:55:31 PM »

For those who have followed the new band closely since 1997 or so.... perhaps. That isa minute portion of people on the internet compared to the masses who are basically about to be re-introduced to GN'R for the first time in 15 years and could care less who exactly plays what- especially when you're talking about 5 guitarists on certain tracks. What will ultimately matter to them is who plays all the killer leads in the videos and at concerts (that's how Slash become huge- not because someone religiously read the credits on AFD). Thal and Fortus appear on the album and Thal and Fortus will be tearing it up before adoring crowds... and that's what will matter. I really don't think the casual rock fans (who ultimately make this album HUGE or not) out there will view this as some kind of "black mark". Just another player who contributed along the way.  

I wasn't really taking it to that point.  I'm not particularly interested in adoring fans at concerts or casual rock fans, and frankly, I couldn't care less.  Right now, at this point in time, I'm interested in and focused on those who have shared in this journey for the past decade-plus.  All of the members, producers, managers, boards, posts, rumors, the various theories, wild rationalizations, etc, that have culminated in this release.  For the community that Jarmo (among others) helped galvanize during the barren, silent years, this one stings.  

Actually i feel like it's supposed to sting but i can't feel it because i'm too high on Chinese Democracy anticipation.
gp71
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3897 on: November 12, 2008, 10:59:37 PM »

Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll  beer

boni        drool
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #3898 on: November 12, 2008, 11:04:27 PM »

No,it isn't just the Myspace thing, the ninhotline, which has some connections to nIn says Robin not coming back to GNR after the NIN tour.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #3899 on: November 12, 2008, 11:11:32 PM »

Gotcha! And I hear what you're saying. It's certainly not ideal for those of us who've been following all this closely since the mid to late 90's. I always respected the fact that Robin took on the challenge of replacing Slash and was excited to hear that the lead guitarist of NIN believed in Axl's vision enough to come on board. It IS bitter to see him walk out so close to the end. That said... I DO find that the anticipation and excitement for this album coming out AND the knowledge that Axl already has two fantastic guitarists in the fold in Bumblefoot and Fortus certainly blunts some of the pain. For me at least. I get your perspective though. ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: