Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 12:39:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787914 times)
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3820 on: November 12, 2008, 08:32:17 PM »

Guns N' Roses, November 23, Chinese Democracy peace

Do not forget that.

Amen!

Robin or no Robin, CD is coming out and it's going to be earth shattering...

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #3821 on: November 12, 2008, 08:42:36 PM »

robins playing is utterly unique, that's why it's hard to replace him (but surely not impossible; it was the same with bucket and they found a proper replacement with ron!). but i don't get it: it's the most stupid time to leave now! cd is almost here and there's lots of solos done by finck on cd. so he's really part of that new gnr sound. i thought it was time for him to shine, be presented to the world as THE new lead guitar player of gnr... and now not even a word to the fans. that's not a classy act. well, whatever. i'm a little angry now, but still (and for sure) looking forward to cd and robins contributions.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 08:48:33 PM by happy (the poster formerly known as whiny) » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3822 on: November 12, 2008, 08:48:46 PM »

I just can't understand why you'd rather be in a band "NIN" and be told what to play, instead of being in a band "GNR" where u are allowed to create.

unless u aren't that comfortable creating??

that's not the only reason: GN'R is ten times bigger and greater than NIN.

Robin had the chance of making GNR his band. NIN will never be his band.

Axl is the key here, we all know that. But Robin has helped building this new GNR history like no other member.

I am extremely happy and excited with the imminent release of the album. I was expecting this moment since I was 18, and now I'm 25. Its just that I cant understand why the need of modyfing the Myspace at this point, knowing that the edit would necessarily spoil some part of the ecstasy, simply because the majority of the GNR fans have learned to love Robin like no other member besides Axl.

It wasn't a smart move. If he's gone, GNR should have waited to ''suggesting it'' via Myspace. If there are no touring plans in the short term... why the hell you do that 10 days away from the release? With what purpose?

This is exactly the same case of Bryan. We were told ''he was part of the GNR family'' and suddenly, without any other information between, he's not listed as bandmember. The only difference seems to be that GNR fans have learned to appreciate Robin a ton more than Bryan, making Brain's departure a lot ''easier''.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3823 on: November 12, 2008, 08:51:26 PM »

I think Robin will be there when the time comes, but if not it's his loss not ours.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3824 on: November 12, 2008, 09:00:07 PM »

esteban, once again, you're blaming GN'R for "suggesting" things.

Robin "suggested" that he might not be back in April. Are you mad at him for that?

He was thrilled to go on tour with NIN without saying a word to the GN'R fans.

It just seems like you're blaming GN'R for not cleaning up the mess he left when he announced it.

Demanding GN'R to clear stuff up that they didn't start in the first place.

Just saying that's a lot of misplaced anger in my opinion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3825 on: November 12, 2008, 09:00:15 PM »

Dispelling Rumours Like Its My Job

Despite numerous reports and submissions via the Hotline "Submit a Lead" link (to my right), via both ETS and NIN.com forums, and via several Guns N' Roses sites, Robin Finck is not leaving Nine Inch Nails at the end of the tour to rejoin G n' R. This should clear up any rumours that the Finckster will indeed be "pulling a Freese" any time soon.

This has been a daily service announcement from your friendly neighbourhood Swindley.

http://www.theninhotline.net/news/

Who posted this and what's his source?

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

GN'R 2010!!!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3826 on: November 12, 2008, 09:02:28 PM »

For me it doesn't change the fact that his parts are on the album and in ten days I can listen to them over and over again.

Thinking about it, I don't think the subject of this thread will have any effect on me enjoying the new album.
whos saying it would or should effect your enjoyment of the album?

You've had quite some time to get used to Buckethead being out of GN'R now.... You just keep going on and on and on about it.
And although I would love to see him back I got over it. And as I do, another pivitol and favorite member is gone!

Reminds me of some other people.

Are you serious? Look, its fine that you want to see gnr as an Axl side project. In many aspects it is, was, and always will be. But dont downplay the fact that a lot of fans out there got into and appreciated the new gnr lineup.

Gnr will ALWAYS be Axl. But dont act as if people cant get excited about the band he plays with.

You are diminishing what Axl set out to do and accomplished.

In addition, you thinking GN'R needs Buckethead and/or Robin for credibility.
Yes, Gnr needs every ounce of credibility they can get.

I'm not sure people will agree when they realize Buckethead talks through a hand puppet?

No disrespect to Buckethead, he's an amazing guitar player. But the things you mention as being "needed" in GN'R, could also be disadvantages. You just choose to ignore them.

Think of a live show where one guy acts like a robot. Exciting to you maybe, but some might not agree.

Then you have the image. One guy has a bucket on his head.

Just some examples on how the credibility route some of you are pushing so hard might not just be the answer, it could also be a problem.
I dont care if the press or fans think Bucket is weird. That is what rock n roll is about. Uniqueness, weirdness, and amazing guitar playing.

Your making this about Bucket. Im over Bucket. Robin is the straw that breaks the back. Stop down playing it.

Will GNr move on? of course. There is nothing we can do. They chose to left. Im not blaming Axl or anyone. But dont down play it like we can just whistle along here like nothing major happened. I agree with you when you say this is Robins fault. your 100% right. Im shocked he hasnt said anything to us about it. I didnt think he was that type of person.

More than anything, his departure has changed the way the band can promote the album. If it hasnt, where is the video?

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 09:04:24 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3827 on: November 12, 2008, 09:03:25 PM »

It was Robin's Responsibility to make a statement cause it is he who is leaving may I add for the 2nd time.

I think he crumbled under the weight of the expectations. There isn't really any other reason that makes sense. Maybe he got tired of all the negativity that comes with replacing who he was trying to replace.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #3828 on: November 12, 2008, 09:07:44 PM »

If he wants to leave thats fine. GN'R will move ahead like they always do. But lemme say that he is a coward for leaving at such a time and to not even give a clear answer to the tons of fans he's gained from being in Guns. Thats a slap in the face in my book. I hope being Trent's bitch makes him happy.

BRING ON CHINESE DEMOCRACY, I AM SO READY!!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #3829 on: November 12, 2008, 09:10:26 PM »

I just hope that if Robin and Gn'R are no more, that they can pick up and move on quickly because I want to see the new material played live in '09!  Aint no better way to promote than through touring!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3830 on: November 12, 2008, 09:11:05 PM »

I think he crumbled under the weight of the expectations. There isn't really any other reason that makes sense. Maybe he got tired of all the negativity that comes with replacing who he was trying to replace.
IMO, you couldnt be more wrong. Between 2000-2002 he and the rest of the band got bashed on those tours. Next time GNR was there, in 06, who was there helping lead the way? Robin

I think it comes down to 1 of 2 things. If I had to guess...

1)He and Axl had some kind of an argument/falling out

2) He has been with gnr for 10 yrs. Maybe he just wants to move on. He made 3 albums and toured the world with Axl. And now its time to move on.

I would lean towards #2 because when I first spoke with someone in the gnr camp when we heard he was going back to NIN they said it came out of nowhere and that they were very surprised. But they were also supportive of Robin and didnt have any negative feelings.

I think that they thought he would eventually come back. But it appears Robin has dicked them and us over. i wish he would say something.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3831 on: November 12, 2008, 09:11:12 PM »

Here is my take, and Jarmo I hope u don't get upset at reading this, Im not trying to bring Slash or anything into it

BUT

Robin is the Slash if u will of Nine Inch Nails. He is beloved and thought of as the greatest guitarist Trent has ever had correct?

So maybe, he'd rather be the man in a band he has been with for years than constantly try to live up to someone that no matter how nice he is, no matter how hard he tries, a great percentage of GNR fans will never accept him.

U have to wonder how that kind of pressure and negativity would work on someone. He will still get royalties for the work he has done on CD and the only money he is missing out on is touring money but I guess he probably does well on tour with Trent.

The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3832 on: November 12, 2008, 09:15:15 PM »

It was Robin's Responsibility to make a statement cause it is he who is leaving may I add for the 2nd time.

Is that statement by swindley or whoever the fuck an official statement by Robin, is that what you're saying? Or am I misunderstanding your post? Can someone clear up for me what has happened just now, since everyone seems to be talking like it's official.

GN'R 2010!!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3833 on: November 12, 2008, 09:16:37 PM »

whos saying it would or should effect your enjoyment of the album?

You basically:

But you cant tell me that his departure doesnt take away from the release of CD and the new era of GNR.

It doesn't take away anything from the release. If it did, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the release as much.

Are you serious? Look, its fine that you want to see gnr as an Axl side project.

Short attention span?

Read my post again please.

Sorry to disappoint. I'm not saying that. It's a band.

But I'm also not saying this is the Robin and Buckethead show.

You are diminishing what Axl set out to do and accomplished.  

Oh please. It's you who's doing it.

All this "GN'R needs Buckethead". You have no faith in the rest of the band when you think Buckethead/Robin is the foundation of what GN'R is built on.

Talk about diminishing!

I dont care if the press or fans think Bucket is weird. That is what rock n roll is about. Uniqueness, weirdness, and amazing guitar playing.

Is it credibility?

You want the band to be taken seriously. To have credibility.

Why not admit that it could be a distraction?

Just like you're saying GN'R needs Robin, maybe it's Robin that needs GN'R? Maybe he could be the next big guitar hero with GN'R?

Robin is the straw that breaks the back. Stop down playing it.

There you go again. Like Robin is the one holding the band together. How fair of you to the guys who are still in the band. How supportive of you!

A band is a group of people working together. It seems like to you, the band is Buckethead and Robin with some other guys.

One guy leaves the band and is replaced, it's still a band. Might even be a better band!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #3834 on: November 12, 2008, 09:17:07 PM »

Is that statement by swindley or whoever the fuck an official statement by Robin, is that what you're saying? Or am I misunderstanding your post? Can someone clear up for me what has happened just now, since everyone seems to be talking like it's official.

I guess the site that swindley posted on is a pretty legit NIN site, so we are assuming that this is indeed the truth that Robin has left Guns.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 09:19:16 PM by tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr » Logged
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3835 on: November 12, 2008, 09:19:05 PM »

Robin live is very entertaining.  I personally like his playing, and would love to see play with Gn'R.  However if your favorite player on a football team holds out or demands a trade.  Do you stop likeing the team ?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3836 on: November 12, 2008, 09:21:54 PM »

However if your favorite player on a football team holds out or demands a trade.  Do you stop likeing the team ?

Of course because it's not the same team and they don't look the same!

And the guys who won those games last season aren't there!

The team needs those players, no matter if the pre-season hasn't started yet.

And even if the team got new players that are actually wanting to play, they should get those other guys back no matter what! Just because they'll look the same like last year's team.

Tongue

Yes, that's sarcasm.

/jarmo

The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3837 on: November 12, 2008, 09:23:45 PM »

I guess the site that swindley posted on is a pretty legit NIN site, so we are assuming that this is indeed the truth that Robin has left Guns.

Thanks. Not saying it isn't true, I've just learnt to take things with a grain of salt unless it's official, especially when it comes to GN'R. But if Robin has in fact left the band, sucks for him, he is missing out on the oppertunity of a lifetime. People would kill to be in Guns N' Roses, especially now that it's all about to bear fruit. Inconprehensible decision, but nonetheless it's his decision.

GN'R 2010!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3838 on: November 12, 2008, 09:24:47 PM »

Youngunner, we usually agree about everything, but Robin leaving is hardly the straw that broke the back............

I am 100 percent positive CD won't sell not 1 less copy due to this and the tour won't sell 1 less ticket.

Its gonna be alright and for me even Better........ no pun intended.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #3839 on: November 12, 2008, 09:25:23 PM »

Are you serious? Look, its fine that you want to see gnr as an Axl side project. In many aspects it is, was, and always will be. But dont downplay the fact that a lot of fans out there got into and appreciated the new gnr lineup.

Gnr will ALWAYS be Axl. But dont act as if people cant get excited about the band he plays with.

I really appreciated the new line up and am sad that those who principally wrote the album won't be touring on it. Some glistening slimmer of hope has me excited that a slot for Buckethead still exists, but I have read recent remarks by a few close to him which efffectively shuts that door.

Axl put together a great group to record and tour the past seven years. It is the fan's loss this band has ceased to be a consistent touring and recording body and more a group of interchangeable parts connected to a solid nucleus.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: