Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:37:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787679 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #3740 on: November 12, 2008, 03:43:35 PM »

Here is my fear:

All of this coming & going is just giving credibility to those haters & naysayers out there who say this is a glorified Axl Rose solo project.  

That is exactly what will happen. The fact that there Robin, BH, & Brain are missing will be construed as an Axl solo project by the critics. Think about it.... First there are no original members left. Then there is barely any members left from the 2002 line up who created this album. This makes GNR lose credibility as a band and makes it look like an ensamble of hired musicians.

I think the critics will review the album based on who played on it and their work.  Not whether they are still part of the band in November 2008.  Most critics should be savvy enough to understand that this project has been a long time in the works with many people involved.  The lineup for any future tours is kinda irrelevant to a review of Chinese Democracy.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #3741 on: November 12, 2008, 03:44:06 PM »

Legit FEAR!  I want this album to do well, and for Axl to be happy.  I have been hyping it to friends & fam for months now.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3742 on: November 12, 2008, 03:44:48 PM »

I want this album to do well, and for Axl to be happy.  I have been hyping it to friends & fam for months now.

ok

Ten days to go.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3743 on: November 12, 2008, 03:47:15 PM »

Here is my fear:

All of this coming & going is just giving credibility to those haters & naysayers out there who say this is a glorified Axl Rose solo project.  

That is exactly what will happen. The fact that there Robin, BH, & Brain are missing will be construed as an Axl solo project by the critics. Think about it.... First there are no original members left. Then there is barely any members left from the 2002 line up who created this album. This makes GNR lose credibility as a band and makes it look like an ensamble of hired musicians.

Is it what you fear will happen or what you wish will happen?

Looking at your posts, it's kinda hard to tell....

/jarmo

The album will be fantastic no matter what or who is in the band.  The album is complete, and coming out and THAT is the most important fact.  It will not hurt the greatness of the "Album".  Will it hurt a tour?  Perhaps.  Could a lack of a tour hurt album sales?  Perhaps..  Could members leaving tarnish the album itself?  NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL.  If its good, its good.
Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #3744 on: November 12, 2008, 03:52:09 PM »

If the album is as succesful as I think it will be, a tour is going to be "demanded" by the fans.  Not to mention, I would assume Axl will want to have a successful tour with GNR being back in the mainstream.  2006 & 2007, there were a lot of half empty venues.  They had no identity & no new album. 
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3745 on: November 12, 2008, 03:52:48 PM »

/jarmo

This is what I fear will happen. I do not hide the fact I love the originals, but you have to give credit were credit is due. The reunion stuff is rediculous right now. CD is coming out and I want it to do well. With that said, I think the people that wrote the material on CD should be part of the journey, especially people like BH, Brain, and Robin. They have been through a lot of shit for many years trying to complete this album. It would only be fair that they become the faces of this version of GNR because of their contributions. If they are not there, I believe the critics will make this into a big issue and will put the blame on Axl for his inability to keep a band together, and it will snowball into all the other dumb shit the media is always saying about Axl... that he is a dick or whatever.  As a result, it will take away the focus from CD and quality of the music.

Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #3746 on: November 12, 2008, 03:54:36 PM »

Well said Hudson.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3747 on: November 12, 2008, 03:58:22 PM »

Look, I can understand the whole "they helped create the album and they should be there tour playing the songs" thing.

What I don't understand is how you still feel that way when you know people chose not to be there.

Buckethead didn't want to be in the band anymore.

But you still want him there.

It's like his not a human. He has no say. He has to be there for you.

It's not like we're talking about circus animals that are put on the stage for you to look at. Some people consider that animal cruelty!

Why should so and so be on stage with GN'R if they decided that they don't want to?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #3748 on: November 12, 2008, 03:58:44 PM »

/jarmo

This is what I fear will happen. I do not hide the fact I love the originals, but you have to give credit were credit is due. The reunion stuff is rediculous right now. CD is coming out and I want it to do well. With that said, I think the people that wrote the material on CD should be part of the journey, especially people like BH, Brain, and Robin. They have been through a lot of shit for many years trying to complete this album. It would only be fair that they become the faces of this version of GNR because of their contributions. If they are not there, I believe the critics will make this into a big issue and will put the blame on Axl for his inability to keep a band together, and it will snowball into all the other dumb shit the media is always saying about Axl... that he is a dick or whatever.  As a result, it will take away the focus from CD and quality of the music.

Well said. Hey JARMO, we all love the band and the music, but we are also loyal and love the guys that wrote and recorded with axl, so stop hating on us, man. Give it a rest.....
Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #3749 on: November 12, 2008, 03:59:00 PM »

By the way, for those who want BH back, here was the official GNR press release after he left:

During his tenure with the band, Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and his commitment, despite being under contract, creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals, and live plans with confidence. His transient lifestyle has made it near impossible for even his closest friends to have nearly any form of communications with him whatsoever.

Still think he will be asked or welcome back?
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #3750 on: November 12, 2008, 04:00:28 PM »

i still don't know if robin left or not but i still just don't get it.... someone clear this up for me please.. here's my question:

did izzy leaving in 91 (and then slash/duff later on in mid 90's) make the albums they worked on, being appetite and the illusions, any less amazing music to listen to? hell, i only became a fan in 2002 and if that's how it works, then i guess i should apologize for enjoying albums from a band that the members who played in them aren't a part of the band anymore?
so should I also apologize to so many of you here that i plan on fully enjoying CD when it comes out whether the people played in it are still a part of the band or not?  Huh

gimme some truth.. please Tongue

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #3751 on: November 12, 2008, 04:05:36 PM »

Who's decision was it then?

Santa Claus?

The band was surprised to hear the news that he was going on tour with NIN ("Robin's plans took everyone in Guns a bit off guard as well as our fans.").

/jarmo

If that truly is the only piece of information you can refer too, then you might wanna believe in Santa Claus as well  ok

I guess it's safe to say that nobody here is in the know or 'allowed' to speak up on the matter. And that's fine really. But it also means that none can say that if Robin left, it would have been his own choice. That would be cheap. We don't know what happened, if there was a reasonable choice - I'm not implying there wasn't.

Robin has been (and hopefully still is) in GN'R for more than ten years. It's safe to say that if he left, there would be a (number of) good reason(s). It's not black or white, like it's not guns or roses.

That being said: personally, I'd truly pitty if he would leave. Would feel like Slash leaving again. On the other hand: you never know what great guitarist could jump on board next. Axl's taste is pritty good, I guess most of us would have to agree.

beer

Bests,

Niek
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3752 on: November 12, 2008, 04:10:44 PM »

Ah, I see. You ask me a question and I answer why I think what I posted, but that's not good enough for you.

Typical.

If you don't want me to answer, don't ask!

/jarmo

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #3753 on: November 12, 2008, 04:11:29 PM »

i think it's amazing how some people will assume Robin Left just because.

they'll believe anything the gnr site will say but the facts are we have something like 7 or 8 band members leaving Axl's Guns N Roses Project.

So i think we should hear what robin has to say, that is if he can actually talk about it, since most things are dealt in secret.

i recently met Nuno Bettencourt from Extreme and he was invited to play in GnR after BH left.

i asked him why would he turn down such an offer.

His awnser was: for a musician in LA, working under Axl's wing is not the best job we could wish for, of far from it, and as much as i respect him as a musician i could never work for him...

and some people may know that back in 2006 before the NYC gigs, Tommy was suppose to leave as well, axl even thanked him onstage and how it meant for him to be enjoying that gig after what had happened.

with a replacements reunion in the works there goes another guy who doesn't need axl's paycheck, so i guess when he leaves it's all gonna be ok as well, cause all we need is AXL.

With Robin leavin i seem to understand Nuno's view and why everyone who left shares that opinion.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 04:14:11 PM by MeanBone » Logged

Chinese Democracy!
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3754 on: November 12, 2008, 04:13:01 PM »

What I don't understand is how you still feel that way when you know people chose not to be there.

It's not like we're talking about circus animals that are put on the stage for you to look at. Some people consider that animal cruelty!

Why should so and so be on stage with GN'R if they decided that they don't want to?

I understand what you are saying about people leaving as their choice. I also understand people leave for different reasons. Some are reasonable and some are not. When Brain left to have a baby that was reasonable. If Robin ends up leaving basically because he wants to stay in NIN I think that it would be a terrible business and professional decision based on all the possibilities that will arise in GNR now that the CD is being released and because I would feel as though he is kind saying fuck you to Axl. If that is the case I would say fuck you to Robin and good rittens. One of the problems is that we do not know a lot of what goes on in GNR, so it gets frustrating and then we speculate, debate it and people get pissed.

Jarmo you said something about GNR being a team and rooting for the team and not the players. I agree, however you always want your team to have the best players everytime they hit the field. You always want your starters on the field not your bench warmers.  That is why people always root for certain people to be in the band because they feel they make the team the best.

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #3755 on: November 12, 2008, 04:16:16 PM »

Look, I can understand the whole "they helped create the album and they should be there tour playing the songs" thing.

/jarmo

This is very well said IMHO. We can all want the recording line-up to be on stage with all our heart..... but that said- if certain members of the recording line-up choose not to be there.... so it goes. What can you do? Nothing. Well you can do something.... namely, you can support all the guys that CHOOSE to be there (i.e. Fortus, Bumblefoot, Ferrer, etc.) and are busting their ass to bring you new tours and videos and happy memories, etc. beer

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3756 on: November 12, 2008, 04:19:00 PM »

If Robin ends up leaving basically because he wants to stay in NIN I think that it would be a terrible business and professional decision based on all the possibilities that will arise in GNR now that the CD is being released and because I would feel as though he is kind saying fuck you to Axl.

Well, if that's the case, I believe it's his decision.

Jarmo you said something about GNR being a team and rooting for the team and not the players. I agree, however you always want your team to have the best players everytime they hit the field. You always want your starters on the field not your bench warmers.  That is why people always root for certain people to be in the band because they feel they make the team the best.

True to a certain degree.

You must've seen many cases where some of the best players didn't work well as a team

Ask a Yankees fan.....

It might look amazing on paper, but the total sum of the parts isn't as great as it's in theory.

That's why, even in a band, you might get better results by going for chemistry instead of just staring yourself blind on the names.

When Richard joined, he fit in. It was natural.

Same with Ron and Frank.

They work well in the band.

/jarmo

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #3757 on: November 12, 2008, 04:19:16 PM »

those of you who saw gnr play in the past few years.. were you any less excited when axl started to wail and the opening notes to jungle started playing, even though it wasn't slash?

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3758 on: November 12, 2008, 04:21:46 PM »

can it be that hard for the GNR management or Robin himself to CLARIFY this subject?

its a fact that fans DO CARE about this.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #3759 on: November 12, 2008, 04:22:49 PM »

I understand what you are saying about people leaving as their choice. I also understand people leave for different reasons. Some are reasonable and some are not. When Brain left to have a baby that was reasonable. If Robin ends up leaving basically because he wants to stay in NIN I think that it would be a terrible business and professional decision based on all the possibilities that will arise in GNR now that the CD is being released and because I would feel as though he is kind saying fuck you to Axl. If that is the case I would say fuck you to Robin and good rittens. One of the problems is that we do not know a lot of what goes on in GNR, so it gets frustrating and then we speculate, debate it and people get pissed.

Root for them to be there... sure. But you can't slip into a mental slump and hate on Axl or the band when they choose not to be IMHO. I'm sure they've used all the powers of persuasion at their disposal to get these guys back (assuming Axl wants all or some of them back). But GN'R/mgmt. is virtually powerless in this situation now- especially since the album is nearly out. If these guys STILL don't want to be a part of it when all the cool shit is finally going down... what can you do?

On the bright side... at least guys like Buckethead, Brain, Finck, etc. are on the album- and the album lasts forever.... long after they've shot the last video and the tour bus is packed up the final time.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 04:24:51 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: