Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:36:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787675 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3720 on: November 12, 2008, 03:18:10 PM »

But ultimately, I think if Axl and the gnr fanbase had their choice the majority would want the 2002 lineup to  represent this new era.

Oh please.

Do you realize that you sound like all those "old GN'R" fans now?

Say hello to Dead Horse.  Tongue

how can a new fan latch onto this band if he/she falls in love with CD? 

I guess the same way you can like a Beatles album or "Sticky Fingers" by The Rolling Stones?

Or even Appetite For Destruction....

Not everybody is attached to the names of the players, it's the team they love.

Sorry, I know that must be harsh for you to hear.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3721 on: November 12, 2008, 03:19:11 PM »

After Slash hears a certain song on CD he will no longer be an option..lol..and I dont want to see Slash anyways

this truly blows. I feel bad for Axl. The guy cant get a break.

I like Frank and Ron but GNR is

Axl
Bucket
Pitman
Finck
Brain
Tommy
Dizzy

Thats who I want to see when I see a GNR show. That is who deserves to be there. But I guess Bucket and Finck dont want to be there. It sux. I really wish Finck would step up and tell us why. Why the hell he chose to leave when this thing is finally about to take off.

Brain sounds like he wants to be there but I think Axl doesnt know how to kick out Frank lol.

I knew Robin leaving would hinder the release of CD. Is it a coincidence we havnt had a video yet or band photos? Maybe Axl hasnt spoken yet becuase he tried to get Robin back but now he has to re calculate everything. It truly sux. Only in GNR can this happen.

I also think those are the musicians that should be in this version of GNR for the release of CD. I think Ron & Frank, are really nice and cool but they are definitely just filling in for Brain & BH.

By the way what song on CD is so amazing that will make Slash not an option? Why even throw Slash into the debate unless you want to open pandoras box. The only reason Slash is not an option is because he is not in the band right now and did not contribute to the album. Ironically, I bet if Axl were to call Slash to fill in, Slash would be there for him, but that scenario will never happen. It would be weird seeing Slash actually playing Better, or I.R.S. but interesting nonetheless.

Every Ballad would probably sound better.... HA, kidding.  

This is a problem.  Looks like a release with no tour.  If they do tour, it will be spring time.  AC/DC is how you promote and tour.  SOLD OUT.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3722 on: November 12, 2008, 03:20:27 PM »

Oh well
I remember Izzy leaving just days or weeks after I discovered GnR. I hung in there anyway
yea but the main guitar player was still there!

By the way what song on CD is so amazing that will make Slash not an option?
There is a song on CD that is not only musically amazing but its lyrical content and theme that suggests Axl is/was not the biggest fan of how Slash handled certain things.

Its one of the greatest GNR songs ever made. Old or new.

Oh please.

And if Axl read that he would probably be happy. He was able to assemble a band that his old fans are passionate about. The fact that anyone cares about a new gnr lineup is incredible.

I would wager anything that if you asked Axl what lineup he wants he would say the 2002 lineup.

I obiviously am attached to one person. Axl. And so is everyone here. The team is Axl. The best team Axl has ever assembled is the 2002 lineup. That includes the old lineup.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 03:25:23 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3723 on: November 12, 2008, 03:24:00 PM »

But ultimately, I think if Axl and the gnr fanbase had their choice the majority would want the 2002 lineup to  represent this new era.

Oh please.

Say hello to Dead Horse.  Tongue

how can a new fan latch onto this band if he/she falls in love with CD? 

I guess the same way you can like a Beatles album or "Sticky Fingers" by The Rolling Stones?

Or even Appetite For Destruction....

/jarmo

Love the art, not the artist?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3724 on: November 12, 2008, 03:25:10 PM »

Oh well
I remember Izzy leaving just days or weeks after I discovered GnR. I hung in there anyway
yea but the main guiatr player was still there!

By the way what song on CD is so amazing that will make Slash not an option?
There is a song on CD that is not only musically amazing but its lyrical content and theme that suggests Axl is/was not the biggest fan of how Slash handled certain things.

There is a song about Slash on the album?  WHAT!  hmmm, this is news to me.  Can't wait to get this album!
Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #3725 on: November 12, 2008, 03:26:08 PM »

Here is my fear:

All of this coming & going is just giving credibility to those haters & naysayers out there who say this is a glorified Axl Rose solo project. 
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3726 on: November 12, 2008, 03:27:33 PM »

What does that have to do with Slash's guitar skills or his relevancy as a guitar player.

What is the name of the song and what is the big mystery anyways?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3727 on: November 12, 2008, 03:28:53 PM »

Well you buy the album, enjoy listening to it.

I don't think the band's line up changes are gonna take away from that enjoyment.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3728 on: November 12, 2008, 03:29:05 PM »

Here is my fear:

All of this coming & going is just giving credibility to those haters & naysayers out there who say this is a glorified Axl Rose solo project.  
bingo

What does that have to do with Slash's guitar skills or his relevancy as a guitar player.

nothing. Slash is a great player. But his days of GNR are long gone. As they should be.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #3729 on: November 12, 2008, 03:29:23 PM »

I think he's referring to Sorry, but Im just guessing as i havent heard it yet.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3730 on: November 12, 2008, 03:30:53 PM »

There are only 3 songs that didn't leak.  This I love, Sorry, and Scrapped or whatever..  

YG, be careful for what you wish for... Before long there won't be enough people to even tour..  Maybe be stuck with a hybrid reunion...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3731 on: November 12, 2008, 03:32:01 PM »

Here is my fear:

Quote from: David Fricke
It is plain, too, that he thinks this Guns n' Roses is a band, as much as the one that recorded "Welcome to the Jungle," "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Used to Love Her" and "Civil War." The voluminous credits that come with Chinese Democracy certainly give detailed credit where it is due. My favorite: "Initial arrangement suggestions: Youth on 'Madagascar." Rose takes the big one ? "Lyrics N' Melodies by Axl Rose" ? but shares full-song bylines with other players on all but one track. Bassist Tommy Stinson plays on nearly every song, and keyboardist Dizzy Reed, the only survivor from the Illusion lineup, does the Elton John-style piano honors on "Street of Dreams."

Next!

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3732 on: November 12, 2008, 03:33:01 PM »

Well you buy the album, enjoy listening to it.

I don't think the band's line up changes are gonna take away from that enjoyment.

/jarmo

I agree 100%.  When I look at a beautiful painting, I don't worry about what the painter is doing, I just admire what he did on the canvas.  So good analogy.  Yes, we can be personal friends of certain members, but its the art that we love.
Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #3733 on: November 12, 2008, 03:33:20 PM »

Here is my fear:

[b)It is plain, too, that he thinks this Guns n' Roses is a band[/b], as much as the one that recorded "Welcome to the Jungle," "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Used to Love Her" and "Civil War." The voluminous credits that come with Chinese Democracy certainly give detailed credit where it is due. My favorite: "Initial arrangement suggestions: Youth on 'Madagascar." Rose takes the big one ? "Lyrics N' Melodies by Axl Rose" ? but shares full-song bylines with other players on all but one track. Bassist Tommy Stinson plays on nearly every song, and keyboardist Dizzy Reed, the only survivor from the Illusion lineup, does the Elton John-style piano honors on "Street of Dreams."

Next!

/jarmo

What do you mean "Next?"  Sorry, I missed your point... confused
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3734 on: November 12, 2008, 03:34:38 PM »

Here is my fear:

[b)It is plain, too, that he thinks this Guns n' Roses is a band[/b], as much as the one that recorded "Welcome to the Jungle," "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Used to Love Her" and "Civil War." The voluminous credits that come with Chinese Democracy certainly give detailed credit where it is due. My favorite: "Initial arrangement suggestions: Youth on 'Madagascar." Rose takes the big one ? "Lyrics N' Melodies by Axl Rose" ? but shares full-song bylines with other players on all but one track. Bassist Tommy Stinson plays on nearly every song, and keyboardist Dizzy Reed, the only survivor from the Illusion lineup, does the Elton John-style piano honors on "Street of Dreams."

Next!

/jarmo

It means Axl told the writer of the review he looks at GNR as a band, not a solo project.  However, that is a subjective point of view.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3735 on: November 12, 2008, 03:36:18 PM »

Next "fear".

Your fears that it's not a band are clearly wrong since Axl brings in the people in the band to work with him. They work together as a band.

Just because they don't all live together in a shoebox in the middle of the road and have to lick the road clean every morning* doesn't mean they're not a band.

* watch Monty Python

/jarmo

Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #3736 on: November 12, 2008, 03:36:32 PM »

One more thing: this is "NEWS" to all of us but how do we know that Axl & GNR MGMT haven't known that Finck wasn't coming back for months?  How do we know that they don't already have a plan and members of the band, staff, etc., aren't reading these posts and laughing their asses off at us?  LOL
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #3737 on: November 12, 2008, 03:37:44 PM »

Yes, he thinks of GnR as a band but tragically this band is unstable.
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3738 on: November 12, 2008, 03:37:52 PM »

Here is my fear:

That is exactly what will happen. The fact that there Robin, BH, & Brain are missing will be construed as an Axl solo project by the critics. Think about it.... First there are no original members left. Then there is barely any members left from the 2002 line up who created this album. This makes GNR lose credibility as a band and makes it look like an ensamble of hired musicians.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3739 on: November 12, 2008, 03:39:03 PM »

Here is my fear:

That is exactly what will happen. The fact that there Robin, BH, & Brain are missing will be construed as an Axl solo project by the critics. Think about it.... First there are no original members left. Then there is barely any members left from the 2002 line up who created this album. This makes GNR lose credibility as a band and makes it look like an ensamble of hired musicians.

Is it what you fear will happen or what you wish will happen?

Looking at your posts, it's kinda hard to tell....

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: