Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 05:25:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787593 times)
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #3700 on: November 12, 2008, 02:53:12 PM »

It just sucks how this is gonna overshadow (a lil bit) what we've all been waiting for.
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3701 on: November 12, 2008, 02:53:31 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7dnWD-1o2Y

These types of solos by Robin drive me crazy in a bad way. I cannot bear to listen to this type of shit. I know he is talented because he plays guitar for two huge bands, but this is so terrible it makes me doubt how good this guy really is when he is exposed by his solos and there are not two other talented players backing him up.

Compare it to these solos by the other guys where you cannot argue how skilled they are. : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgrTe_sSlSc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmQpNXpsgAo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk7plGs3RP0

Out of these guys Buckethead was the best.

Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #3702 on: November 12, 2008, 02:53:45 PM »

While that may be true, these two bands are too big for that.

It's like saying "I like boffing my wife but I also like my ex girlfriend too.  I like to take turns between them."

Eventually, both parties are going to make you settle on one of the two... hihi
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3703 on: November 12, 2008, 02:56:21 PM »

After Slash hears a certain song on CD he will no longer be an option..lol..and I dont want to see Slash anyways

this truly blows. I feel bad for Axl. The guy cant get a break.

I like Frank and Ron but GNR is

Axl
Bucket
Pitman
Finck
Brain
Tommy
Dizzy

Thats who I want to see when I see a GNR show. That is who deserves to be there. But I guess Bucket and Finck dont want to be there. It sux. I really wish Finck would step up and tell us why. Why the hell he chose to leave when this thing is finally about to take off.

Brain sounds like he wants to be there but I think Axl doesnt know how to kick out Frank lol.

I knew Robin leaving would hinder the release of CD. Is it a coincidence we havnt had a video yet or band photos? Maybe Axl hasnt spoken yet becuase he tried to get Robin back but now he has to re calculate everything. It truly sux. Only in GNR can this happen.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Drope
Opening Act

Hincha de Boca

« Reply #3704 on: November 12, 2008, 03:00:03 PM »

Robin is unique. You cant replace it with any sucker that can play tons of notes in a second. Robin has got that extra-thing that makes him and his sound vital fon GN'R nowdays.

Please God/Buda/Ala/Ra, let this be just a mistake, please.

Las penas son de nosotros, las vaquitas son ajenas.
Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #3705 on: November 12, 2008, 03:02:26 PM »

I don't think Axl wants to kick Frank out.  From what I have read, Axl went as far as to have Frank record over Brain's drum parts.  He's actually a pretty damned good drummer!

At the GNR show in 2006, Axl referred to Frank as their "Father Figure" & "Spiritual Advisor."  I think Frank adds stability & sanity to the convoluted chaos that is GNR... confused
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3706 on: November 12, 2008, 03:04:08 PM »

Bucket with Fortus would be my pick.  Fortus is ballsy, has great tone, tasty lead player, great rythm player. They would make a great team.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3707 on: November 12, 2008, 03:05:04 PM »

So who's excited about the album coming out next week?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #3708 on: November 12, 2008, 03:05:22 PM »

No, Brains drumming still remains on CD. He added Frank to some songs so that he could be part of the band. Which is real cool. I like Frank. But ultimately, I think if Axl and the gnr fanbase had their choice the majority would want the 2002 lineup to  represent this new era.

we could live without Bucket or Robin. Not having both really blows
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 03:07:02 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3709 on: November 12, 2008, 03:05:40 PM »

After Slash hears a certain song on CD he will no longer be an option..lol..and I dont want to see Slash anyways

Axl
Bucket
Pitman
Finck
Brain
Tommy
Dizzy

Thats who I want to see when I see a GNR show. That is who deserves to be there. But I guess Bucket and Finck dont want to be there. It sux. I really wish Finck would step up and tell us why. Why the hell he chose to leave when this thing is finally about to take off.

Brain sounds like he wants to be there but I think Axl doesnt know how to kick out Frank lol.

I knew Robin leaving would hinder the release of CD. Is it a coincidence we havnt had a video yet or band photos? Maybe Axl hasnt spoken yet becuase he tried to get Robin back but now he has to re calculate everything. It truly sux. Only in GNR can this happen.

Such a shame, usually when you announce a new album, you announce a New Tour...See AC/DC.. Now they are a promotion machine.  GNR is nowhere near their level of promotion and they have no tour.  
Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #3710 on: November 12, 2008, 03:06:21 PM »

Bucket is not coming back.  No offense intened to anyone, but this is almost as bad as those who want Slash back...

It will either be a new player or they will go with the 2 they have.  Don't forget, Chris Pitman's instruments could simulate electronically guitar parts live...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3711 on: November 12, 2008, 03:06:45 PM »

/jarmo

I am very excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I hope the band gets to tour the album to promote it and make the album more successful.  
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3712 on: November 12, 2008, 03:07:38 PM »

Bucket is not coming back.  No offense intened to anyone, but this is almost as bad as those who want Slash back...

It will either be a new player or they will go with the 2 they have.  Don't forget, Chris Pitman's instruments could simulate electronically guitar parts live...

That would be very, very lame.
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #3713 on: November 12, 2008, 03:10:19 PM »

/jarmo
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

me  Embarrassed  hihi

Thanks Giant Robot...
Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #3714 on: November 12, 2008, 03:11:54 PM »

It is lame, but obviously Finck's departure is putting a big damper on the public actually seeing this band.

They play CD 15 times a day on local radio.  Everyone wants to see this band make an appearance!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #3715 on: November 12, 2008, 03:12:01 PM »

/jarmo
everyone is excited. But that doesnt mean  there arent issues regarding this band.
Forget me or the majoirty here, including you.....how can a new fan latch onto this band if he/she falls in love with CD? What if there favorite song is Better or Sorry? The guitarists who wrote those songs arent in the band anymore. How can that person get into this band and not just the album?
 \

Look, theres nothing we can do if Bucket and or Robin dont want to be with GNR anymore. Its their life. It just sux though. Axl/we can never have a smooth ride.

I hope the band gets to tour the album to promote it and make the album more successful. 
two of the most pivitol pices of the band are no longer here..

Interviewer: So MR Thal, Tell me about Better and its inspiration.

BFoot" Well I wasnt in the band when they made it...

etc

Bucket is not coming back.  No offense intened to anyone, but this is almost as bad as those who want Slash back...

yea i mean who doesnt want to see the guy who helped make this album onstage Roll Eyes

It is lame, but obviously Finck's departure is putting a big damper on the public actually seeing this band.

They play CD 15 times a day on local radio.  Everyone wants to see this band make an appearance!
Bingo

I said this back when we first learned Robin jumped ship
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 03:16:27 PM by younggunner » Logged

prairie
Headliner

www.gnrtv.com - All GNR, all the time.

« Reply #3716 on: November 12, 2008, 03:12:07 PM »

/jarmo

Hahahaha.

I'm pumped about CD.  But I'm kinda bummed about this.  All in all things are great.
That was a good ice breaker jarmo, good stuff.

prairieboy,

At www.gnrtv.com, it's all GNR videos, all the time.  Plus a few other goodies.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3717 on: November 12, 2008, 03:14:15 PM »

/jarmo

I am !!! I wish it came out this Sunday ! can't wait !

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3718 on: November 12, 2008, 03:16:16 PM »

Axl
Bucket
Pitman
Finck
Brain
Tommy
Dizzy

I also think those are the musicians that should be in this version of GNR for the release of CD. I think Ron & Frank, are really nice and cool but they are definitely just filling in for Brain & BH.

By the way what song on CD is so amazing that will make Slash not an option? Why even throw Slash into the debate unless you want to open pandoras box. The only reason Slash is not an option is because he is not in the band right now and did not contribute to the album. Ironically, I bet if Axl were to call Slash to fill in, Slash would be there for him, but that scenario will never happen. It would be weird seeing Slash actually playing Better, or I.R.S. but interesting nonetheless.

Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #3719 on: November 12, 2008, 03:16:50 PM »

/jarmo
everyone is excited. But that doesnt mean  there arent issues regarding this band.
Forget me or the majoirty here, including you.....how can a new fan latch onto this band if he/she falls in love with CD? What if there favorite song is Better or Sorry? The guitarists who wrote those songs arent in the band anymore. How can that person get into this band and not just the album?

Oh well
I remember Izzy leaving just days or weeks after I discovered GnR. I hung in there anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: