Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 05:34:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787615 times)
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #3680 on: November 12, 2008, 01:06:06 PM »

If GN'Rs myspace is any indicator, I think its really sad and pointless for Robin to leave at this point. Like WTF! All the years of nothing goin and he sticks with and now that the album is out in 10 or whatever days, he decides to up and leave. What a waste of the last 10 years.  no
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3681 on: November 12, 2008, 01:12:02 PM »

I like seeing Finck live, I mean he has great stage presence and all that. Like I said, Im not saying everyone should feel this way. I mean its all personal taste.

There are other guitar players that I don't like either based just on tone and how they play certain things.

My favorite guitar player actually is probably Prince. His tone is just lethal.

Robin's solo on Better is the shit though. I think it is awesome. The reason being, its really straightforward and he just hammers it out. Sometimes with Robin, its like he tries to do too much if that makes any sense. He will have a nice lick goin and then he tries to play too many notes or something and for me it just gets clusterfucked.

What he does is musically sound. Those bends, but the sound just gets out of hand at times lol.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3682 on: November 12, 2008, 01:30:40 PM »

That's how I feel about Robin. Great guitarist, not a huge fan of his tone (I once saw two Boss Blues Drivers in his rig and knew exactly why I don't like his tone, those things sound like icepicks in the ears). I think his work on the older material is pretty sub-par, but his guitar playing on the material he helped write/play on for CD is outstanding.

He just needs to keep his bends in check, I've never heard someone bend so out of tune so often, reminds me of Buddy Guy actually.
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #3683 on: November 12, 2008, 01:53:45 PM »

If Robin left, it was his decision.

Hi Jarmo,

How can you be sure?

I mean, you must be in the know or at least think you are in the know...

Please enlighten us Jarmo!

ok

Niek
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3684 on: November 12, 2008, 01:57:45 PM »

Who's decision was it then?

Santa Claus?

The band was surprised to hear the news that he was going on tour with NIN ("Robin's plans took everyone in Guns a bit off guard as well as our fans.").

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3685 on: November 12, 2008, 01:59:04 PM »

Santa Claus?

The band was surprised to hear the news that he was going on tour with NIN ("Robin's plans took everyone in Guns a bit off guard as well as our fans.").

/jarmo

If Santa Claus had a hand in this, I'm done with that bastard.

Seriously, though, yes, it was Robin's decision and his alone.  It just seems odd timing-wise.

Ali
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3686 on: November 12, 2008, 02:03:20 PM »

Santa Claus?

/jarmo

If Santa Claus had a hand in this, I'm done with that bastard.

Seriously, though, yes, it was Robin's decision and his alone.  It just seems odd timing-wise.

Ali

well maybe they waited to hear from Robin since April and now 10 days before CD is released they still haven't heard from him ... go figure ...

v. ..
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #3687 on: November 12, 2008, 02:15:43 PM »

I really hope that Axl and Robin can work this out.  Robin a a HUGE part of the new GN'R.  Axl please do all you can to get Robin to return.  Robin has put in his time and I really hope he decides to be apart of the future. 

This "Axl call so and so to get him back" stuff is getting ridiculous.

If Robin left, it was his decision.

I'm sorry if some of you can't handle it and think I'm being an asshole. It's just that if he's gone, it's because he quit.

He went and played with another team without saying a word (to us).

/jarmo

You have no clue. For months, you say he's in and now you say he's out if he quit. You still have no clue and either does anyone else.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #3688 on: November 12, 2008, 02:18:53 PM »

Strange situation.  I rate him personally and would like it if he stayed with GN'R.  Seems a bit weird to choose NIN above GN'R but whatever floats his boat.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #3689 on: November 12, 2008, 02:19:19 PM »

10 days? More like 6 months. We all have limitations. He quit, he gave up. Move on.

I don't think he quit six months ago.  I think GN'R honestly had not received any word about his quitting then.

Ali

You have no clue about whether he left or not, so stop talking like you do. No one does, not even you, mr.Know-it-all....

Thanks for the input.  Re-read the post.  I said I don't think GN'R had honestly received any word, either way, about Robin's status at the time they made the statement.  That doesn't translate to knowing if he left or not.

Ali

Exactly my point. Don't go around saying that you know that gnr heard one way or the other about his status because you, as well as I, have NO clue, so stop posting as though you know what you are talking about. Stop the double talkin' jive, bro.............
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3690 on: November 12, 2008, 02:22:09 PM »

I think there is more to this thing than Robin just decided to leave at the last hour to go on tour with NIN. I think there may have been a falling out between him and Axl that we do not know about. If that is the case forget about Axl trying to invite Robin back. By this point Axl is probably like you are with us or you are against us.

The only reason I can see that is justifiable for him staying with NIN is if he is contractually bound for the time being. Even then he can be bought out. Otherwise this is going to be the biggest mistake of his professional life. The most anticipated album of all time which he worked on for like 17 years is about to be released and he just decided to bail? This is fucking RETARDED!  

Of all the guitar players that have come and gone I feel he is the least talented. When I saw him live I thought I was hoping he would prove me wrong, but he is very sloppy and makes a lot of mistakes. However, I do acknowledge that he has been there since the beginning of CD and probably has contributed the most to CD, therefore he deserves credit for that. Also out of the current guitar players he has the most stage presence. It will be pretty sad if Robin missess out on this journey after everything that he has put into this.

adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #3691 on: November 12, 2008, 02:28:00 PM »

I think there is more to this thing than Robin just decided to leave at the last hour to go on tour with NIN. I think there may have been a falling out between him and Axl that we do not know about. If that is the case forget about Axl trying to invite Robin back. By this point Axl is probably like you are with us or you are against us.

The only reason I can see that is justifiable for him staying with NIN is if he is contractually bound for the time being. Even then he can be bought out. Otherwise this is going to be the biggest mistake of his professional life. The most anticipated album of all time which he worked on for like 17 years is about to be released and he just decided to bail? This is fucking RETARDED!  

Of all the guitar players that have come and gone I feel he is the least talented. When I saw him live I thought I was hoping he would prove me wrong, but he is very sloppy and makes a lot of mistakes. However, I do acknowledge that he has been there since the beginning of CD and probably has contributed the most to CD, therefore he deserves credit for that. Also out of the current guitar players he has the most stage presence. It will be pretty sad if Robin missess out on this journey after everything that he has put into this.

I agree with you that it will be sad if he misses out after this long trip, but disagree with you on his talent. His playing is fucking amazing and he helped with the song writing process. I hope he will be there when it comes to touring, but I don't know what the real deal is and no one else does either, that includes ali and jarmo
fishtifer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3692 on: November 12, 2008, 02:29:27 PM »

This is from theninhotline.net, a very reliable NIN website:

Dispelling Rumours Like Its My Job

Despite numerous reports and submissions via the Hotline "Submit a Lead" link (to my right), via both ETS and NIN.com forums, and via several Guns N' Roses sites, Robin Finck is not leaving Nine Inch Nails at the end of the tour to rejoin G n' R. This should clear up any rumours that the Finckster will indeed be "pulling a Freese" any time soon.

This has been a daily service announcement from your friendly neighbourhood Swindley.

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3693 on: November 12, 2008, 02:30:58 PM »

I agree with you that it will be sad if he misses out after this long trip, but disagree with you on his talent. His playing is fucking amazing and he helped with the song writing process. I hope he will be there when it comes to touring, but I don't know what the real deal is and no one else does either, that includes ali and jarmo

and where did jarmo say he knows? he never did ... so ...

v. ..
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3694 on: November 12, 2008, 02:36:33 PM »

Despite numerous reports and submissions via the Hotline "Submit a Lead" link (to my right), via both ETS and NIN.com forums, and via several Guns N' Roses sites, Robin Finck is not leaving Nine Inch Nails at the end of the tour to rejoin G n' R. This should clear up any rumours that the Finckster will indeed be "pulling a Freese" any time soon.

This has been a daily service announcement from your friendly neighbourhood Swindley.

Oh boy.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #3695 on: November 12, 2008, 02:38:42 PM »

That would seem to settle it.

Here's hoping for the Return Of The Chicken.

And there goes the challenger...
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3696 on: November 12, 2008, 02:41:30 PM »

i wonder what the odds are that robin has been wanting to quit for awhile but wanted to wait until chinese democracy was going to be released for certain, so that there was no turning back as far as his work and credits remaining on the album...

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
prairie
Headliner

www.gnrtv.com - All GNR, all the time.

« Reply #3697 on: November 12, 2008, 02:45:56 PM »

So now wich senario is the most likely;

-No Tour
-2 Guitars
-Bucket
-Huge
-Izzy
-Slash
-Axl on Guitar
-New Guy

I can't think of any others.

At www.gnrtv.com, it's all GNR videos, all the time.  Plus a few other goodies.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #3698 on: November 12, 2008, 02:46:48 PM »

I'd say New Guy.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3699 on: November 12, 2008, 02:50:14 PM »

I like how everybody here is a guitar expert, there is a reason why the likes of Trent Reznor and Axl Rose what Robin in their bands.  He's amazing talent and I love his playing and his outfits and everything.  I look at it this way, I really think Robin loves playing in both bands.  I think after awhile he likes to switch it up NIN, then back to Gnr, and so on.  Just like he likes to change his style's, I think he likes to change up the scene of music he's playing for.  If that makes any sense. 

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: