Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:37:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787548 times)
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3660 on: November 12, 2008, 11:28:33 AM »

I didn't say shit, I asked you a direct question concerning your obvious implication that Axl is a total asshole who drives everyone around him away.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #3661 on: November 12, 2008, 11:34:02 AM »

10 days? More like 6 months. We all have limitations. He quit, he gave up. Move on.

I don't think he quit six months ago.  I think GN'R honestly had not received any word about his quitting then.

Ali

You have no clue about whether he left or not, so stop talking like you do. No one does, not even you, mr.Know-it-all....
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3662 on: November 12, 2008, 11:35:07 AM »

Hey, you said it, not me.

My boss was a dick.  Had people fired, or they quit.  Yet, for some idiotic reason, people at the company always looked past the fact that he couldn't get along with people, because his work was decent.

Make your own assumptions.  Music is a business.

The problem with your analogy is that you said no one wanted to work with your boss.  That is clearly not the case with Axl.  Nice theory and analogy, but it doesn't seem to be completely applicable.  Especially when we don't if and why Robin left.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #3663 on: November 12, 2008, 11:36:52 AM »

10 days? More like 6 months. We all have limitations. He quit, he gave up. Move on.

I don't think he quit six months ago.  I think GN'R honestly had not received any word about his quitting then.

Ali

You have no clue about whether he left or not, so stop talking like you do. No one does, not even you, mr.Know-it-all....

Thanks for the input.  Re-read the post.  I said I don't think GN'R had honestly received any word, either way, about Robin's status at the time they made the statement.  That doesn't translate to knowing if he left or not.

Ali
mrarkadin
Headliner

« Reply #3664 on: November 12, 2008, 11:40:46 AM »

Who knows what is going on? Robin could come back, he may never come back. I hope he does--if he doesn't, I'll still support the band and admire Robin's contributions to this album.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3665 on: November 12, 2008, 11:40:57 AM »

Or maybe Robin just likes to be the only guitar player in a band instead of one of three.....

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #3666 on: November 12, 2008, 12:00:33 PM »

Hey, you said it, not me.

My boss was a dick.  Had people fired, or they quit.  Yet, for some idiotic reason, people at the company always looked past the fact that he couldn't get along with people, because his work was decent.

Make your own assumptions.  Music is a business.

The problem with your analogy is that you said no one wanted to work with your boss.  That is clearly not the case with Axl.  Nice theory and analogy, but it doesn't seem to be completely applicable.  Especially when we don't if and why Robin left.

Ali

Ali - sorry, I should've added that there were numerous people who worked with him after that because his work was good, and on the surface seemed like a good guy.

And it's not my place to say whether or not Axl's an asshole to work with/for.  I never said he was.  All I said is that it reminds me of a story in my life.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #3667 on: November 12, 2008, 12:15:54 PM »

Or maybe Robin just likes to be the only guitar player in a band instead of one of three.....

Roll Eyes

/jarmo
I think he just wants to play. he will be back for the tour, in my opinion.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #3668 on: November 12, 2008, 12:16:53 PM »

BKinNYC, it's cool.

I'm just saying if it's a blanket case where no one will work for someone (like I thought your original post said), you can't rightfully say that is completely analogous to the GN'R situation when you have Chris Pitman, Tommy Stinson, and Dizzy Reed who have all continued to work with Axl for a long period of time.  Which is not to say that he may not be difficult to work with.  I wouldn't know.  Just an observation that on the surface, the two situations don't seem identical.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3669 on: November 12, 2008, 12:18:53 PM »

First off, robin wasn't a HUGE part of anything *Delete* i know

I just hope all u Robin Supporters dont start hating on the guy now if he is gone.  My opinion of him has been constant throughout and I have taken a lot of insults and heat over it.

I think GNR are better without him. Thats just me though I am sure.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3670 on: November 12, 2008, 12:21:13 PM »

First off, robin wasn't a HUGE part of anything *Delete* i know

I take it you've never seen GnR play live.    Robin was a huge part of the show in 2006-2007 and his guitar is all over the upcoming album.

if he's gone, his real fans will respect his decision.    his haters will just go hate on someone else for the obvious reason.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3671 on: November 12, 2008, 12:24:35 PM »

I actually take offense to that Jim Bob. I never hated Robin cause of anything more than the fact I do not like his guitar playing. I hate his style, I hate most importantly his tone. He has this really sloppy thing he does that I just don't like. It has nothing to do personally or anything like that.

I don't like his phrasing, his tone and I don't feel he plays with   a lot of melody, His bends are almost always out of tune.

Thats why I don't like it. It has nothing to do with love of a former member, cause if that is so, explain to me why I thought Bucket was awesome and one of the best guitar players ever?

Live, Im sure Robin has a lot of energy and presence, and Im sure he was a nice part of the "live" show.  The actual guitar playing though, meaning the sound that comes through the speakers, just isn't my cup of tea.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3672 on: November 12, 2008, 12:26:27 PM »

The actual guitar playing though, meaning the sound that comes through the speakers, just isn't my cup of tea.

so u hate him rofl
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #3673 on: November 12, 2008, 12:27:25 PM »

I actually take offense to that Jim Bob. I never hated Robin cause of anything more than the fact I do not like his guitar playing. I hate his style, I hate most importantly his tone. He has this really sloppy thing he does that I just don't like. It has nothing to do personally or anything like that.

I don't like his phrasing, his tone and I don't feel he plays with   a lot of melody, His bends are almost always out of tune.

Thats why I don't like it. It has nothing to do with love of a former member, cause if that is so, explain to me why I thought Bucket was awesome and one of the best guitar players ever?

Live, Im sure Robin has a lot of energy and presence, and Im sure he was a nice part of the "live" show.  The actual guitar playing though, meaning the sound that comes through the speakers, just isn't my cup of tea.
I think if you had seen the band in 2006 you would have a different opinion, but fair enough.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3674 on: November 12, 2008, 12:27:56 PM »

Its no secret I dont like his guitar playing. Im sure he is an amazing,great guy in real life and an excellent peformer. His live playing in NIN is very good.

I Just never thought his style "FIT" GNR or Axl's voice.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #3675 on: November 12, 2008, 12:31:47 PM »

Its no secret I dont like his guitar playing. Im sure he is an amazing,great guy in real life and an excellent peformer. His live playing in NIN is very good.

I Just never thought his style "FIT" GNR or Axl's voice.

but you have to admit there are folks who never gave the guy a chance to begin with.. thats what I was talking about.

He's all over the album and he has some amazing solos on songs like Better, TWAT, Street of Dreams(still weird calling it that hihi).    Still a few tracks we don't know and not sure how he shines on those.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3676 on: November 12, 2008, 12:32:38 PM »

His tone is actually very good. I've said this before though he reminds me a lot of Jimmy Page in that he's pretty sloppy live, blues based. The solos he's composed are really really good on the album. His tone live is exceptionally, he totally carries the band through each song.

There's no denying his guitar work is terrific on the album as well.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #3677 on: November 12, 2008, 12:34:30 PM »

His tone is actually very good. I've said this before though he reminds me a lot of Jimmy Page in that he's pretty sloppy live, blues based. The solos he's composed are really really good on the album. His tone live is exceptionally, he totally carries the band through each song.

There's no denying his guitar work is terrific on the album as well.

I agree, his tone is extremely unique.    There isn't another player around quite like Robin Finck.    And Chinese Democracy will be a better album because of his contributions (not to deminish the others who have put their own touch on the songs).
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #3678 on: November 12, 2008, 12:35:43 PM »

If this means that he is gone, i think thats sad, but at least he is on the album =)

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3679 on: November 12, 2008, 12:40:24 PM »

I like seeing Finck live, I mean he has great stage presence and all that. Like I said, Im not saying everyone should feel this way. I mean its all personal taste.

There are other guitar players that I don't like either based just on tone and how they play certain things.

My favorite guitar player actually is probably Prince. His tone is just lethal.

Robin's solo on Better is the shit though. I think it is awesome. The reason being, its really straightforward and he just hammers it out. Sometimes with Robin, its like he tries to do too much if that makes any sense. He will have a nice lick goin and then he tries to play too many notes or something and for me it just gets clusterfucked.

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: