Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:35:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787541 times)
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #3640 on: November 12, 2008, 09:46:54 AM »

what official statement??

can anyone post it?

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Death Cube K
« Reply #3641 on: November 12, 2008, 09:47:19 AM »

So they're releasing Chinese Democracy.

Anyone left in the band now that wrote that album?  hihi
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3642 on: November 12, 2008, 09:47:43 AM »

If robin's officialy gone, these are really bad news.

I will be waiting for an official statement anyway.

I disagree...there is NO such thing as bad news as far as Guns N' Roses are concerned right now...remember that album they have coming out next week?  "Chinese" something or another??? The way people are talking here its like they forgot about that.... Yeah it will take a lot more than this to rain on my parade...

well, that's nothing more than just YOUR opinion, and I respect it.

I still think this is bad news because Robin showed all this time he's essential for the band. His stage presence and his skills as guitarists are huge, and a lot of fans like me have learned to love him, like no other member in GNR history except for Axl.

Oh, and I couldn't seen the new lineup live. Seeing Robin live next to Axl was one of my dreams.

So try to be mature and respect other people's opinions. You think this is not bad news? Good for you.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #3643 on: November 12, 2008, 10:23:57 AM »

If its a statement you want, I think you'll be waiting forever.

And there goes the challenger...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3644 on: November 12, 2008, 10:30:49 AM »

If its a statement you want, I think you'll be waiting forever.

well, there was a statement for Bucket's departure...

The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3645 on: November 12, 2008, 10:31:49 AM »

Why are people talking like anything is official?
Relax, I think we'll know alot more in 10 days...

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3646 on: November 12, 2008, 10:34:16 AM »

I just thought of something ironic. New GNR plays songs they did not write from the original GNR. Now this GNR will also play songs most of them did not write from CD. As a GNR fan this characteristic of GNR is very disappointing. Robin's, BH's, and Brain's contributions will be played by other musicians that just walked into their shoes. In the end it was their decision to leave, but you have to cut these guys some slack for staying as long as they did. There are many bands that replace certain members throughout their careers, but this is ridiculous already.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3647 on: November 12, 2008, 10:40:50 AM »

I really hope that Axl and Robin can work this out.  Robin a a HUGE part of the new GN'R.  Axl please do all you can to get Robin to return.  Robin has put in his time and I really hope he decides to be apart of the future. 
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3648 on: November 12, 2008, 10:40:58 AM »

I just thought of something ironic. New GNR plays songs they did not write from the original GNR. Now this GNR will also play songs most of them did not write from CD. As a GNR fan this characteristic of GNR is very disappointing. Robin's, BH's, and Brain's contributions will be played by other musicians that just walked into their shoes. In the end it was their decision to leave, but you have to cut these guys some slack for staying as long as they did. There are many bands that replace certain members throughout their careers, but this is ridiculous already.

there are NOT ''several'' Guns N' Roses'

this is GNR playing GNR songs. fact.

The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3649 on: November 12, 2008, 10:45:04 AM »

I really hope that Axl and Robin can work this out.  Robin a a HUGE part of the new GN'R.  Axl please do all you can to get Robin to return.  Robin has put in his time and I really hope he decides to be apart of the future. 

I don't want to start any kind of petty argument here, but who are you to tell Axl what to do? Do you know anything about the situation? And if Robin in fact has left the band, why do you feel that Axl is the one that should be pleading to get Robin back? You're basically implying that Robin got sick of Axl and left. What do you know about the relationship between the two, and who is annoyed with who, if anyone at all? Maybe you know something we don't, but I seriously doubt that, so save your opinions about what has happened until we actually know for a fact that anything has happened at all.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

GN'R 2010!!!
jordinho
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3650 on: November 12, 2008, 10:45:51 AM »

I wondered why they would make an update like this, but not say anything official. Maybe they're waiting for the album to come out before announcing anything about who'll be touring and not. Maybe the ones listed as members right now are the ones that will definitely tour. Anyone else will be announced/added later.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3651 on: November 12, 2008, 10:46:26 AM »

This "Axl call so and so to get him back" stuff is getting ridiculous.

If Robin left, it was his decision.

I'm sorry if some of you can't handle it and think I'm being an asshole. It's just that if he's gone, it's because he quit.

He went and played with another team without saying a word (to us).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Olorin
« Reply #3652 on: November 12, 2008, 10:46:48 AM »

If he has left for good I cant see them making a statement at this hour, doesnt make good business sense to announce yet another lead guitarist has walked when you are currently telling the world that Guns N' Roses have returned.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3653 on: November 12, 2008, 10:50:24 AM »

If he has left for good I cant see them making a statement at this hour, doesnt make good business sense to announce yet another lead guitarist has walked when you are currently telling the world that Guns N' Roses have returned.

When we begin to put tour plans together we'll see where things are at. Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3654 on: November 12, 2008, 10:53:39 AM »

I'm sorry if some of you can't handle it and think I'm being an asshole. It's just that if he's gone, it's because he quit.

/jarmo

Yeah, I was basically saying the same thing in my post above. And I would like to add that upon reading that last comment I immidiately got associations to the whole debacle Shash supporters have gotten themselves into since 1996. "Axl fucked up, he should call Slash and get him back".  As always everything is Axl's fault. Who do you people think you are?

GN'R 2010!!!
Olorin
« Reply #3655 on: November 12, 2008, 10:59:04 AM »

/jarmo

Mabye he just thought saying nothing was the better option until things were clearer between the 2 parties. Remaining silent seems to be the prefered choice of action of the GN'R camp, its unsuprising that he has never commented.

When we begin to put tour plans together we'll see where things are at. Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans.

/jarmo

Yes, I was referring to people hoping for something additional seeing as Robin has now been deleted from the myspace page.
For them to announce now that he has departed for good will just be more fodder for the people who are lining up to make a mockery of this album, I just think saying nothing further is a better idea.
If there is some kind of magazine story planned I guess everything will be explained clearly.
Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #3656 on: November 12, 2008, 10:59:54 AM »

This is my 1st post on this forum, though I have viewed for years.  Here's my 2 cents:

1) There is NO official word of anything.  We should all refrain from judgement until there is one.  Easier said than done, I know, but you know what I mean...
2) How do we know what the real scoop is?  Perhaps Robin just contractually obligated himself to NIN and there will be a temp guitar player for some appearances this month/next month, and Robin is "back" in 2009?  The band, for continuity's sake, may just want to have the "current & available" players on the site so as to avoid this very type of thing.

Am I making sense?  
Also, please consider that most likely, GNR Management is going to want some sort of public appearances/2 song sets on Letterman/Leno/SNL/AMA Awards/Grammys - all very, very soon.  Other than hard core GNR fans, most of the general public has not followed this band since 1995 or so.  They don't know who the new musicians are/were, etc.  

Sorry for rambling...
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #3657 on: November 12, 2008, 11:06:35 AM »

/jarmo

Yeah, I was basically saying the same thing in my post above. And I would like to add that upon reading that last comment I immidiately got associations to the whole debacle Shash supporters have gotten themselves into since 1996. "Axl fucked up, he should call Slash and get him back".  As always everything is Axl's fault. Who do you people think you are?

Here's an analogy:  I had a boss once that I hated working for.  At first I thought he was a good guy, until I started working for him.  Eventually, I got transferred from his team, because we just didn't see eye to eye on anything.  After that, 6 or 7 people worked for the same guy, with the same results.  No matter how much people hated this boss, he always claimed it was never his fault. 

Today, the guy still works for the company, but you couldn't pay someone enough to work for him.   They kept him around because ultimately his work is decent, but he still doesn't get along with anyone, and pretty much works on his own.

So whenever someone says "Why is everyone blaming Axl?" this story always comes to mind.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3658 on: November 12, 2008, 11:09:11 AM »

/jarmo

Here's an analogy:  I had a boss once that I hated working for.  At first I thought he was a good guy, until I started working for him.  Eventually, I got transferred from his team, because we just didn't see eye to eye on anything.  After that, 6 or 7 people worked for the same guy, with the same results.  No matter how much people hated this boss, he always claimed it was never his fault. 

Today, the guy still works for the company, but you couldn't pay someone enough to work for him.   They kept him around because ultimately his work is decent, but he still doesn't get along with anyone, and pretty much works on his own.

So whenever someone says "Why is everyone blaming Axl?" this story always comes to mind.

What the fuck are you saying, that Axl is a constant asshole who doesn't get along with anyone and that this is why all the former members and Robin left?

GN'R 2010!!!
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #3659 on: November 12, 2008, 11:26:24 AM »

Hey, you said it, not me.

My boss was a dick.  Had people fired, or they quit.  Yet, for some idiotic reason, people at the company always looked past the fact that he couldn't get along with people, because his work was decent.

Make your own assumptions.  Music is a business.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: