Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 01:23:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228559 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787479 times)
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3620 on: November 12, 2008, 03:57:34 AM »

Sorry but how could you compare this situation with Slash's departure. The dude tried to take control of Guns, he tried to impose his stupid Snakepit vision, he was confident Axl wouldn't be able to do shit without him and would beg him to come back, he basically spat on GN'R, walked away and has been spreading lies since then tarnishing the name even further. Robin has done nothing as bad as this. Robin just went to keep himself busy and make a living and without using the GN'R name. Everyone else who is still in GN'R by the way has been making a living on side projects by seriously plugging in the GN'R name. Not that they are not entitled to - just pointing out.

I think You misunderstood my post. Or I didn't express myself right. In my post history on HTGTH one can clearly see who I think is more GNR (Robin of course, he has been longer in GNR, contributed much more...), but this is not topic for that. I was just saying that I am sorry if Robin left, his contribution on CD is great, but I am sure GNR will tour and find good replacement for him. IF he is GONE.

hope that clears it.

v. ..
big guns
Opening Act

Why Don't You Just...FUCK OFF

« Reply #3621 on: November 12, 2008, 04:00:24 AM »

Robin will do whatever he wants to do.. I respect that and hope he is happy with whatever he chooses to do.

"No one is stopping you from doing what you want to do."
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3622 on: November 12, 2008, 04:07:59 AM »

How do you know it's been updated and that they didn't just overlook it? What did it say last time? Didn't it say nearly the same thing, except that maybe Brain was in, and yet we got an update from the band around the same time saying the situation with Robin is still not very clear?

No, this was recently updated because Robin was in the list a couple days ago. 

I wonder if GnR plan to just stick with 2 guitar players?    I wish Robin would stick around as he's my favorite of the 3, but if he's not, I'm sure they can make do with Ron and Richard.

The photos on the interscope site were put up on the 5th which is one week ago and are still there with both Brain and Ro bin.  What is more official interscope or myspace or neither?  I don't think we should put too much stock in a myspace update until we get an official press release or the liner notes to the album.  Fricke who reviewed it in Rolling Stone mentions everyone except Brain in his article.  I have a feeling this saga is not over yet.  Relax until Axl says differently.

while I agree its not definitive word, the myspace is ran by someone in the GnR camp.   

I'm too pumped up about the album right now to worry about who is or isn't in the band at the moment.    Robin is my favorite guitar player(ever), and no matter what his status in the band, his work with GnR is about to be unleashed to the entire world after all these years.    Perhaps he's really enjoying himself over in NIN and wants to continue down that path for now..   Then again, maybe he will be back with GnR next year on tour.    All we can do is wait and see and in the meantime we have a new album to enjoy Smiley

I'm with you. I thought to myself a long time ago, that although I really enjoyed seeing the band in 2002 and 2006, the one thing I really hoped we'd get was a CD of new material. It looked like it might never happen and now that it is, if that's the last we ever hear from GN'R, I can live with that. Despite the years between albums, there's enough of a legacy there to sustain.

I second that. Although I would want nothing more than to see GN'R continue to thrive after CD, CD was the ultimate burden for Axl to get off his shoulders, and the ultimate thing that we as fans wanted and couldn't be satisfied until we got. Now that it's almost here, I feel like it is all complete.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #3623 on: November 12, 2008, 04:57:55 AM »

IF finck is out this will really throw a shadow over the release for me ..........
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #3624 on: November 12, 2008, 05:07:17 AM »

if robin is out i couldn't care less about a tour. he was the most entertaining of them all and the soul of the new band.

Chinese Democracy!
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #3625 on: November 12, 2008, 05:44:50 AM »

I don't see why Robin's departure should ruin the release of the album for anyone. Beyond Axl, Buckethead is the star of the show  ok
mcmurray
Headliner

« Reply #3626 on: November 12, 2008, 06:09:15 AM »

I don't see why Robin's departure should ruin the release of the album for anyone. Beyond Axl, Buckethead is the star of the show  ok

+1!
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #3627 on: November 12, 2008, 06:52:08 AM »

well that's a treat, they waited so long to release the damn thing they don't even have 2 of their most important members in the band anymore.

Chinese Democracy!
overmatik
« Reply #3628 on: November 12, 2008, 06:52:58 AM »

The statement on GNR site gave it the way, Robin's out since then, and Brain even for more time. But people here like to fool themselves...
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #3629 on: November 12, 2008, 07:31:27 AM »

This sucks. Robin really fits. Has anything been actually said about it yet?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3630 on: November 12, 2008, 07:32:05 AM »

well I think we all need to calm down a bit ... I love Robin (so does Bumblefoot  hihi ). If he is gone, he is gone. Too bad. But we have to believe Axl that he knows what he is doing. Every time you are sad that Robin is gone, go read review from Rolling Stone about CD.

It is plain, too, that he thinks this Guns n' Roses is a band, as much as the one that recorded "Welcome to the Jungle," "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Used to Love Her" and "Civil War." The voluminous credits that come with Chinese Democracy certainly give detailed credit where it is due. My favorite: "Initial arrangement suggestions: Youth on 'Madagascar." Rose takes the big one ? "Lyrics N' Melodies by Axl Rose" ? but shares full-song bylines with other players on all but one track. Bassist Tommy Stinson plays on nearly every song, and keyboardist Dizzy Reed, the only survivor from the Illusion lineup, does the Elton John-style piano honors on "Street of Dreams."

everything else will be as it should be  Wink ...  peace

v. ..

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 07:35:50 AM by velimir » Logged
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3631 on: November 12, 2008, 07:43:46 AM »

classic 2 guitarist in newgnr... will it happen........ WATCH OUT FOR MORE!>
is it more likely then a full old school GNR reunion.... watch the critics rofl
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3632 on: November 12, 2008, 07:48:30 AM »

well I think there is a need for 3rd guitarist, but ... lets just see what happened once they start touring. I mean, Axl can play guitar, Pitman also ... and there are others. Ah, well... we just need Axl to do the stage diving on the next tour  hihi

v. ..
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3633 on: November 12, 2008, 08:28:37 AM »

This is why it is so hard to be a fan of GNR. There is a revolving doors of musicians every few months. It kind of makes the band lose credibility in some way and makes GNR look like a joke. This was once one of the biggest bands in the world and now the line up changes more than Axl changes his underwear.  I think this type of shit has got to stop in order to attain some credibility with fans for the long haul.

Whenever someone gets excited about a member they leave for whatever reason. Robin can do whatever he wants I really don't care anymore. All I want is CD to be released and a tour.

Think about it , when the album is released BH, Brain, and Robin 3 of the main members of this band will not be part of the band. That is so weird. Who knows if by the time they start touring BF and Tommy are gone.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3634 on: November 12, 2008, 09:14:05 AM »

Is Paul Tobias still alive?  Still friends with Axl?  Not to say he could fill Robin's shoes without skipping a beat, but he's on the album, he toured with the band in 2001. 

I'd rather Robin not leave obviously, but that's up to him.  If he feels his place in life is better served in NIN, then so be it.  His presence will be felt on CD, and NOTHING can prevent me from being excited that I will be able to pick it up in a little over a week.  Not to diminish Robin's skills at all, but I don't think they'd have much of a problem replacing him to tour.  Writing future material may be a different story.  Hopefully they really do have 3 or 4 albums worth like Baz kept saying.  We'll see what happens, not gonna let this get me down though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3635 on: November 12, 2008, 09:17:18 AM »

Of all the guitar players that have come and gone Paul Tobias is the last guy they should get. They should stay as they are or if they decide ti get anyone from the past call up Buckethead. BH & BF would be cool to see.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3636 on: November 12, 2008, 09:20:12 AM »

Of all the guitar players that have come and gone Paul Tobias is the last guy they should get. They should stay as they are or if they decide ti get anyone from the past call up Buckethead. BH & BF would be cool to see.
I'm not saying he's the best option.  But he may be the most viable one.  He's close with Axl (at least he was).  He helped create the songs we will hear on CD.  You can't deny his contributions.  Just because Slash didn't like him, doesn't make him a bad guy.  Buckethead would be great, but I just don't see that happening.  I'm SURE they would investigate that.  I'm not saying start with Paul and put all your eggs in his basket, but it could be a possibility. 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 09:21:44 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #3637 on: November 12, 2008, 09:32:14 AM »

The ideal solution for me would be to move Richard Fortus up a rank and get Izzy back on tour for rhythm guitar duties. I think most people would get over Robin quite quickly then  ok ok
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3638 on: November 12, 2008, 09:35:08 AM »

If robin's officialy gone, these are really bad news.

I will be waiting for an official statement anyway.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #3639 on: November 12, 2008, 09:41:43 AM »

If robin's officialy gone, these are really bad news.

I will be waiting for an official statement anyway.

I disagree...there is NO such thing as bad news as far as Guns N' Roses are concerned right now...remember that album they have coming out next week?  "Chinese" something or another??? The way people are talking here its like they forgot about that.... Yeah it will take a lot more than this to rain on my parade...
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: