Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 01:26:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228559 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787488 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3600 on: November 12, 2008, 02:05:06 AM »

Robin will do whatever he wants to do.. I respect that and hope he is happy with whatever he chooses to do.

Exactly!

Robin's contributions and time spent in GN'R are greatly appreciated and will not be discredited or forgotten just because he chose to be with the band that made him at the time CD is released (which of course was nowhere near in sight in Feb 2008 when Robin made his decision to join NIN). Same is valid for Bucket by the way.

The GN'R camp seemed to have left the door open for him and kudos for that. From what I've gathered from his chats with fans lately, he'd like to come back at some point. But I suspect he has committed to Trent till mid 2009. And Robin is a reliable and loyal guy for those that doubt it. So, even if he wants and has the opportunity to come back now, he won't do it and screw Trent in the middle of a historic tour.

Wait til the music video, then we will see what's up.  Robin seems too nice to just quit in a middle of a tour like leatherbel said.  I believe Robin will comeback when GnR tour which probaly won't be until the summer anyway.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #3601 on: November 12, 2008, 02:10:25 AM »

The thing that disturbs me most, at this moment, is that, aside from obviously wanting to see Axl feel that sense of redemption and validation that will undoubtedly come with the album's release, I feel really strongly about seeing those who have stood by Axl all these years receive their just due and validation as well.  I'm sure Robin is proud of his work with GNR, but Robin deserves to stand tall behind his work as it is about to be unleashed.  Stand with the band you spent 10+ years of your life working with to achieve a certain goal.
prairie
Headliner

www.gnrtv.com - All GNR, all the time.

« Reply #3602 on: November 12, 2008, 02:13:16 AM »

I'm really starting to wonder if they will tour at all.  Maybe this is it, get the CD or CD's recorded, hand them in, cash the check and that's all.

prairieboy,

At www.gnrtv.com, it's all GNR videos, all the time.  Plus a few other goodies.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #3603 on: November 12, 2008, 02:17:32 AM »

How do you know it's been updated and that they didn't just overlook it? What did it say last time? Didn't it say nearly the same thing, except that maybe Brain was in, and yet we got an update from the band around the same time saying the situation with Robin is still not very clear?

No, this was recently updated because Robin was in the list a couple days ago. 

I wonder if GnR plan to just stick with 2 guitar players?    I wish Robin would stick around as he's my favorite of the 3, but if he's not, I'm sure they can make do with Ron and Richard.

The photos on the interscope site were put up on the 5th which is one week ago and are still there with both Brain and Ro bin.  What is more official interscope or myspace or neither?  I don't think we should put too much stock in a myspace update until we get an official press release or the liner notes to the album.  Fricke who reviewed it in Rolling Stone mentions everyone except Brain in his article.  I have a feeling this saga is not over yet.  Relax until Axl says differently.

while I agree its not definitive word, the myspace is ran by someone in the GnR camp.   

I'm too pumped up about the album right now to worry about who is or isn't in the band at the moment.    Robin is my favorite guitar player(ever), and no matter what his status in the band, his work with GnR is about to be unleashed to the entire world after all these years.    Perhaps he's really enjoying himself over in NIN and wants to continue down that path for now..   Then again, maybe he will be back with GnR next year on tour.    All we can do is wait and see and in the meantime we have a new album to enjoy Smiley

Wow, are you a GNR fan?Or an Axl Rose fan?I would think fans would worry and care about who is and isn't in the band.

So, are you saying that whoever runs the GNR Myspace, randomly takes down and adds band members?Robin was listed for 2 years, now he isn't.But we shouldn't read into that? OK.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #3604 on: November 12, 2008, 02:19:15 AM »

Great story.  He seemed to really enjoy playing with GN'R.  Now, with your album coming out, an album you helped write, and the possibility of touring again with those guys looming, why close the door on that, at least completely?

Ali

He hasn't closed any door. He is just unavailable at the moment and mabe in the next 6 months as well (assuming he's committed to do the European and Australian NIN tours that are reportedly in the works, and why wouldn't he be?).

And let's not overstate his writing contributions on the first album. He is only credited on 1 song as a writer. Most likely the bigger part of his writing contributions, if any, are saved for the later albums.

As far as touring is concerned, I have reasons to believe he is equally happy being on stage with NIN. Being a super efficient organization I imagine financially he can't complain there either.

Let's respect his choices for now and hope we'll see him with GN'R again at some point.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3605 on: November 12, 2008, 02:23:36 AM »

U know how Axl is with loyalty though........... A dude quits u not once but twice to go to some other band....... Surely that doesn't sit well with Axl.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #3606 on: November 12, 2008, 02:26:00 AM »

I'm really starting to wonder if they will tour at all.  Maybe this is it, get the CD or CD's recorded, hand them in, cash the check and that's all.

prairieboy,
Doesn't work that way anymore.

It used to be that you'd go on tour to support an album, but nowadays the dynamic in music is that you put out an album to promote a tour. The vast majority of the profit comes from touring. With Chinese Democracy being the most expensive album in history, they pretty much have to tour.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3607 on: November 12, 2008, 02:29:06 AM »

Wow, are you a GNR fan?Or an Axl Rose fan?I would think fans would worry and care about who is and isn't in the band.

So, are you saying that whoever runs the GNR Myspace, randomly takes down and adds band members?Robin was listed for 2 years, now he isn't.But we shouldn't read into that? OK.

I'm not someone who feels the need to complain all the time.   The album is finally coming out after all these years and that is what is on my mind right now.    There are no tour dates or anything.   Robin's contributions are all over the album.     And I never said we shouldn't read into whats on the myspace, but you obviously didn't bother to read my posts.  Don't be a douchebag.   
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3608 on: November 12, 2008, 02:35:39 AM »

do you think in a video anyone from the band will have a paper on his back saying: where's Robin?  hihi

prairieboy,

I am really starting to wonder why you didn't put a link to your site here... it would definitely be better post that this one. no hard feelings, but some are musicians for other things than just check's...

v. ..
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3609 on: November 12, 2008, 02:36:40 AM »

I'm really starting to wonder if they will tour at all.  Maybe this is it, get the CD or CD's recorded, hand them in, cash the check and that's all.

prairieboy,

2006 and 2007.. did they not happen?

some of you will never be happy.   If they tour, BUT BUT BUT NO THERES NO ALBUM.    They release an album BUT BUT BUT WHY AREN'T THERE ANY TOUR DATES?  nervous
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3610 on: November 12, 2008, 02:40:04 AM »

Whatever happens, I'm sure it will be for the best...

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
prairie
Headliner

« Reply #3611 on: November 12, 2008, 02:41:22 AM »

I'm not saying they are just in it for the checks.  I'm kinda bummed about Robin leaving and I am wondering out loud if they even plan to tour, because so far we have no evidence that they do.

prairiboy,

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
prairie
Headliner

« Reply #3612 on: November 12, 2008, 02:45:00 AM »

I'm really starting to wonder if they will tour at all.  Maybe this is it, get the CD or CD's recorded, hand them in, cash the check and that's all.

prairieboy,

2006 and 2007.. did they not happen?

some of you will never be happy.   If they tour, BUT BUT BUT NO THERES NO ALBUM.    They release an album BUT BUT BUT WHY AREN'T THERE ANY TOUR DATES?  nervous

Hey I'm not slagging the band here, I couldn't be happier about CD finally coming out.  And if they don't tour so be it, I'm just wondering, not complaining.

prairieboy,

Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #3613 on: November 12, 2008, 02:45:46 AM »

Band Members:   Axl Rose, Tommy Stinson, Dizzy Reed, Bumblefoot, Chris Pitman, Richard Fortus, Frank Ferrer

gnr's myspace

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3614 on: November 12, 2008, 02:45:57 AM »

I think GN'R called Robin and ask: "Hey, we're going to hit the road, Are you in or out?" and we know the rest...

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3615 on: November 12, 2008, 02:48:34 AM »

I'm not saying they are just in it for the checks.  I'm kinda bummed about Robin leaving and I am wondering out loud if they even plan to tour, because so far we have no evidence that they do.

prairiboy,

well don't worry, I am sure they will tour... as much as I like Robin I am sure they will find a replacement. of course his input to CD is great and will be missed on tour. it is the same story as with slash. was good. has finished. time to move on. exciting times ahead. on the other hand look at what have BH departure and BF arrival made to the band and album? definitely a positive thing and BF has brought so much things into...

v. ..
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #3616 on: November 12, 2008, 02:57:16 AM »

prairiboy,

well don't worry, I am sure they will tour... as much as I like Robin I am sure they will find a replacement. of course his input to CD is great and will be missed on tour. it is the same story as with slash. was good. has finished. time to move on. exciting times ahead. on the other hand look at what have BH departure and BF arrival made to the band and album? definitely a positive thing and BF has brought so much things into...

v. ..

Sorry but how could you compare this situation with Slash's departure. The dude tried to take control of Guns, he tried to impose his stupid Snakepit vision, he was confident Axl wouldn't be able to do shit without him and would beg him to come back, he basically spat on GN'R, walked away and has been spreading lies since then tarnishing the name even further. Robin has done nothing as bad as this. Robin just went to keep himself busy and make a living and without using the GN'R name. Everyone else who is still in GN'R by the way has been making a living on side projects by seriously plugging in the GN'R name. Not that they are not entitled to - just pointing out.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #3617 on: November 12, 2008, 03:31:01 AM »

prairieboy,
Doesn't work that way anymore.

It used to be that you'd go on tour to support an album, but nowadays the dynamic in music is that you put out an album to promote a tour. The vast majority of the profit comes from touring. With Chinese Democracy being the most expensive album in history, they pretty much have to tour.

They already did. Around the world. Twice.

And I'm sure that, combined with Axl's past earnings, cut down if not all, then a sizable chunk of any debts.

And there goes the challenger...
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #3618 on: November 12, 2008, 03:35:45 AM »

How do you know it's been updated and that they didn't just overlook it? What did it say last time? Didn't it say nearly the same thing, except that maybe Brain was in, and yet we got an update from the band around the same time saying the situation with Robin is still not very clear?

No, this was recently updated because Robin was in the list a couple days ago. 

I wonder if GnR plan to just stick with 2 guitar players?    I wish Robin would stick around as he's my favorite of the 3, but if he's not, I'm sure they can make do with Ron and Richard.

The photos on the interscope site were put up on the 5th which is one week ago and are still there with both Brain and Ro bin.  What is more official interscope or myspace or neither?  I don't think we should put too much stock in a myspace update until we get an official press release or the liner notes to the album.  Fricke who reviewed it in Rolling Stone mentions everyone except Brain in his article.  I have a feeling this saga is not over yet.  Relax until Axl says differently.

while I agree its not definitive word, the myspace is ran by someone in the GnR camp.   

I'm too pumped up about the album right now to worry about who is or isn't in the band at the moment.    Robin is my favorite guitar player(ever), and no matter what his status in the band, his work with GnR is about to be unleashed to the entire world after all these years.    Perhaps he's really enjoying himself over in NIN and wants to continue down that path for now..   Then again, maybe he will be back with GnR next year on tour.    All we can do is wait and see and in the meantime we have a new album to enjoy Smiley

I'm with you. I thought to myself a long time ago, that although I really enjoyed seeing the band in 2002 and 2006, the one thing I really hoped we'd get was a CD of new material. It looked like it might never happen and now that it is, if that's the last we ever hear from GN'R, I can live with that. Despite the years between albums, there's enough of a legacy there to sustain.

And there goes the challenger...
prairie
Headliner

« Reply #3619 on: November 12, 2008, 03:42:50 AM »

We are gonna look so silly if this just turns out to be an oversight on the myspace page.   Embarrassed

prairieboy,

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: