Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 11:27:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228559 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787453 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3580 on: November 12, 2008, 12:39:58 AM »

Who cares, If he doesn't want to be apart of this, that is his loss. I think NIN is more where he belongs anyway. With the biggest CD in decades coming out, to leave that is just foolish but oh well.

As long as we got Axl, that's really all we need.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #3581 on: November 12, 2008, 12:40:49 AM »

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Like D said, if Robin really did jump off of the train now that the album is out in 10 days, it's his loss.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3582 on: November 12, 2008, 12:42:11 AM »

I'm too pumped up about the album right now to worry about who is or isn't in the band at the moment.   

I have to agree.  I saw this earlier today and I didn't know what to make of it...we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3583 on: November 12, 2008, 12:52:31 AM »

Robin right of now is in NIN right ? well why would GnR promote another member of a band, when there's a promo pic of the NIN group with Robin in it ?  don't wanna confuse the new fans, plus you why promote another guy when he's in another band.  I think of right now we won't see much of the band except for Axl with promotion, once the tour starts I rest assure Robin will be back.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #3584 on: November 12, 2008, 12:53:23 AM »

Like D said, if Robin really did jump off of the train now that the album is out in 10 days, it's his loss.

Well, it's not like he just decided right now to bail... they just updated the website, he's been off with NIN for a long time though.

The album is coming out in less than 2 weeks, I don't care if Fred Penner's name is on the GN'R Myspace.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3585 on: November 12, 2008, 12:57:00 AM »

Well, it's not like he just decided right now to bail... they just updated the website, he's been off with NIN for a long time though.

The album is coming out in less than 2 weeks, I don't care if Fred Penner's name is on the GN'R Myspace.

If he bailed, he wouldn't have done so now in the middle of a busy tour with NIN.  I agree.

He would have done it at first when the NIN tour began.  Not now.

And he apparently gave no official word to GN'R then, so again, why would he do so now between tour dates with NIN?  The timing just doesn't make sense.

Ali
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #3586 on: November 12, 2008, 01:23:59 AM »

If he bailed, he wouldn't have done so now in the middle of a busy tour with NIN.  I agree.

And he apparently gave no official word to GN'R then, so again, why would he do so now between tour dates with NIN?  The timing just doesn't make sense.

Ali

Maybe the GNR camp just recently began plotting out tour dates and when they contacted Robin as to when they needed him back, they weren't content with his response?
Ali
Legend

« Reply #3587 on: November 12, 2008, 01:27:32 AM »

Ali

Maybe the GNR camp just recently began plotting out tour dates and when they contacted Robin as to when they needed him back, they weren't content with his response?

It's possible.  But, NIN doesn't have any confirmed dates beyond December.  If he elects to tour with NIN and play someone else's music as opposed being able to play music he helped write, then I have to question his thinking.

Ali
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3588 on: November 12, 2008, 01:30:51 AM »

Robin will do whatever he wants to do.. I respect that and hope he is happy with whatever he chooses to do.
Black Betty
Headliner

« Reply #3589 on: November 12, 2008, 01:33:19 AM »

Unless Axl doesn't want him back. How many times can a player leave your band to where you just give up on him?
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #3590 on: November 12, 2008, 01:38:57 AM »

To jump ship 10 days before the album's release, despite sticking with GNR after all of the trails, tribulations, disappointments, and delays, would be madness.  The band endured a 4 year public blackout from 2002-2006, comes back more unified than at any point in its' history, manages to chart a course for album release, and.....?!?!?
Ali
Legend

« Reply #3591 on: November 12, 2008, 01:40:30 AM »

To jump ship 10 days before the album's release, despite sticking with GNR after all of the trails, tribulations, disappointments, and delays, would be madness.  The band endured a 4 year public blackout from 2002-2006, comes back more unified than at any point in its' history, manages to chart a course for album release, and.....?!?!?

Yeah, it seems odd, to be polite, to jump ship now.  Especially with album set for release.  The more impolite response would be to call it stupid to jump ship now.

Ali
Black Betty
Headliner

« Reply #3592 on: November 12, 2008, 01:44:11 AM »

10 days? More like 6 months. We all have limitations. He quit, he gave up. Move on.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #3593 on: November 12, 2008, 01:46:27 AM »

10 days? More like 6 months. We all have limitations. He quit, he gave up. Move on.

I don't think he quit six months ago.  I think GN'R honestly had not received any word about his quitting then.

Ali
Black Betty
Headliner

« Reply #3594 on: November 12, 2008, 01:48:15 AM »

It was 6 months ago.
Black Betty
Headliner

« Reply #3595 on: November 12, 2008, 01:48:57 AM »

Sorry, 7 months ago.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #3596 on: November 12, 2008, 01:51:30 AM »

I think if he was gone, officially, by then, they would have said so.  No point in covering it up.  The first time he left to tour with NIN, there was official word that he had in fact left.  No such thing this time.

Ali
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #3597 on: November 12, 2008, 01:54:47 AM »

Look, truth is, Finck will always hold a special place in my mind...I've told this story ad naseum, but I feel like it's appropriate right now.  First night of Hammerstein on the 12th, the band saw my wife and up front in our wheelchairs singing our heads off and enduring countless pushing, diving, snorting meat heads in order to be in the middle of it all and simply have the time of our lives.  This was the big return, the big moment, after all.

If you go back on watch a DVD of the show, when Finck jumps off-stage, he came over and dove right in our laps....We kissed him on the head and thanked him for sticking around...He hugged us and went back to the song.  I sincerely doubt he recalls this encounter, maybe he does, who knows, but the sheer excitement on my wife's face that whole night made my week.  He couldn't possibly understand what that simple but altruistic gesture meant to the both of us.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #3598 on: November 12, 2008, 01:59:22 AM »

Robin will do whatever he wants to do.. I respect that and hope he is happy with whatever he chooses to do.

Exactly!

Robin's contributions and time spent in GN'R are greatly appreciated and will not be discredited or forgotten just because he chose to be with the band that made him at the time CD is released (which of course was nowhere near in sight in Feb 2008 when Robin made his decision to join NIN). Same is valid for Bucket by the way.

The GN'R camp seemed to have left the door open for him and kudos for that. From what I've gathered from his chats with fans lately, he'd like to come back at some point. But I suspect he has committed to Trent till mid 2009. And Robin is a reliable and loyal guy for those that doubt it. So, even if he wants and has the opportunity to come back now, he won't do it and screw Trent in the middle of a historic tour.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Ali
Legend

« Reply #3599 on: November 12, 2008, 02:01:48 AM »

Look, truth is, Finck will always hold a special place in my mind...I've told this story ad naseum, but I feel like it's appropriate right now.  First night of Hammerstein on the 12th, the band saw my wife and up front in our wheelchairs singing our heads off and enduring countless pushing, diving, snorting meat heads in order to be in the middle of it all and simply have the time of our lives.  This was the big return, the big moment, after all.

If you go back on watch a DVD of the show, when Finck jumps off-stage, he came over and dove right in our laps....We kissed him on the head and thanked him for sticking around...He hugged us and went back to the song.  I sincerely doubt he recalls this encounter, maybe he does, who knows, but the sheer excitement on my wife's face that whole night made my week.  He couldn't possibly understand what that simple but altruistic gesture meant to the both of us.

Great story.  He seemed to really enjoy playing with GN'R.  Now, with your album coming out, an album you helped write, and the possibility of touring again with those guys looming, why close the door on that, at least completely?

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: