Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 11:18:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228559 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787426 times)
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3560 on: November 11, 2008, 11:37:09 PM »

How do you know it's been updated and that they didn't just overlook it? What did it say last time? Didn't it say nearly the same thing, except that maybe Brain was in, and yet we got an update from the band around the same time saying the situation with Robin is still not very clear?

they just took robin's name off, because it had been on there as recently as last time i looked a couple days ago.  there is obviously a reason that the band members section was edited.  would it be deleted because of "unknown status"?  or would it be deleted because he is no longer in the band?

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
duasoul
Opening Act

I'm a One-Man Idiot

« Reply #3561 on: November 11, 2008, 11:38:02 PM »

How do you know it's been updated and that they didn't just overlook it? What did it say last time? Didn't it say nearly the same thing, except that maybe Brain was in, and yet we got an update from the band around the same time saying the situation with Robin is still not very clear?

No, it's been updated. I checked their myspace page yesterday, and Robin was still listed as a member.

This happened either late yesterday or today.

"Postpone not a good action." - Irish Proverb
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3562 on: November 11, 2008, 11:38:25 PM »

No, this was recently updated because Robin was in the list a couple days ago. 

I wonder if GnR plan to just stick with 2 guitar players?    I wish Robin would stick around as he's my favorite of the 3, but if he's not, I'm sure they can make do with Ron and Richard.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3563 on: November 11, 2008, 11:42:03 PM »

Well it's unfortunate if that's the case, since he had such a big part in making this album, but I still think Bumblefoot and Richard are top notch players that can easily pull the songs off without a hitch live. Strange time to be finished with the band, though. All the hard work was just about to bear fruit...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 11:50:20 PM by The Shackler » Logged

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3564 on: November 11, 2008, 11:42:28 PM »

Robin was such a big part of this cd though. Song writing and everything and longevity. Amazing that he's finished with GNR.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Chinese Democracy
Headliner

"What, did somebody step on a duck!?"-R.D. 1980

« Reply #3565 on: November 11, 2008, 11:49:38 PM »

Man, I really hope Robin is still in... Undecided Although I just read on another forum about a radio interview with Richard Fortus on some St. Louis station from around a week ago where he mentioned that both Robin and Brain were still in the band...I can only hope..

Like the tide out on the ocean,
? The waves already set in motion...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3566 on: November 11, 2008, 11:51:45 PM »

man this blows. its amazing how we finally will get the album but will not have the 2 most vital guitar players that helped create the music we are about to enjoy.

that is why we havnt had a video yet. Robins departure has put a compromise on Axl and the promotion of this album. sux

you guys can sugar coat it until the cows come home but this is not cool. I could deal with not having Bucket but now you take away Robin. cmon

I just wish he would step up and say why he doesnt want to be a part of this.

I feel bad for Axl because hes in a tough spot. He is finally ready to embark on the release of the album but yet it will be bogged down with another negative turn in this whole process. truly blows and the guy cant win...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3567 on: November 11, 2008, 11:56:11 PM »

I wouldn't assume anything just yet.  Nothing's official yet.

And what would change in the last few days when he's been on tour with NIN?  What could possibly change in that time frame?

Ali
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3568 on: November 11, 2008, 11:58:48 PM »

Man, I really hope Robin is still in... Undecided Although I just read on another forum about a radio interview with Richard Fortus on some St. Louis station from around a week ago where he mentioned that both Robin and Brain were still in the band...I can only hope..

Lets hope. It's not gonna be the same without Robin and Brian Sad

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3569 on: November 12, 2008, 12:00:19 AM »

Whatever has happened, at least we still have the best fucking guitar player in the world aboard: The almighty Bumble! smoking

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

GN'R 2010!!!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #3570 on: November 12, 2008, 12:03:18 AM »

And what would change in the last few days when he's been on tour with NIN?  What could possibly change in that time frame?

Ali

He must have given notice.  Shit, I was hoping he would come back.

Guess that puts Bucket on the spot.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pine Barrens
« Reply #3571 on: November 12, 2008, 12:04:08 AM »

As much as I appreciate the other guitar players, Robin was, for me personally, the most exciting out of the whole bunch. If he's gone, my interest in GN'R will definitely not be at the same level it's been the past 7-8 years (basically since Robin rejoined). I always wondered how Axl would find someone to fill Slash's shoes and strongly doubted it would happen...but when Robin came into the picture, with his unique style, and fresh songwriting, I was blown away. Let's hope there's another myspace update coming, where they correct the mistake of omitting Robin's name...but I have a feeling that that's only my wishful thinking and not realistic.  crying
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3572 on: November 12, 2008, 12:07:16 AM »

Ali

He must have given notice.  Shit, I was hoping he would come back.

Guess that puts Bucket on the spot.

He would give notice between tour dates?  Why?

Don't know if I buy that.

Ali
Chinese Democracy
Headliner

"What, did somebody step on a duck!?"-R.D. 1980

« Reply #3573 on: November 12, 2008, 12:07:36 AM »

Whatever has happened, at least we still have the best fucking guitar player in the world aboard: The almighty Bumble! smoking

I think your optimism regarding the situation (if it's official) and love for Ron Thal is cool, but reading statements like that make this seem more depressing by the minute. Seeing just Ron and Fortus walk on stage with Frank Ferrer in tow doesn't sound all that great imho.

Like the tide out on the ocean,
? The waves already set in motion...
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3574 on: November 12, 2008, 12:17:17 AM »

How can anyone be depressed at a moment like this...

GN'R 2010!!!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3575 on: November 12, 2008, 12:21:59 AM »

because some people are actually interested in the members who helped make the actual music

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #3576 on: November 12, 2008, 12:22:22 AM »

I wonder if GnR plan to just stick with 2 guitar players?    I wish Robin would stick around as he's my favorite of the 3, but if he's not, I'm sure they can make do with Ron and Richard.

The photos on the interscope site were put up on the 5th which is one week ago and are still there with both Brain and Ro bin.  What is more official interscope or myspace or neither?  I don't think we should put too much stock in a myspace update until we get an official press release or the liner notes to the album.  Fricke who reviewed it in Rolling Stone mentions everyone except Brain in his article.  I have a feeling this saga is not over yet.  Relax until Axl says differently.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #3577 on: November 12, 2008, 12:27:54 AM »

In all honesty, and I mean no offense to the new members or their fans...but I can give a rats ass who is in this band..I like Robin alot but I am not going to lose sleep over him not being in the band....I am an Axl Rose fan, first and foremost....and whoever the hell he wants to put in the band is perfectly fine with me...Would I love all the members of the band to remain on board...of course...but if they dont, "Chinese Democracy" is still going to come out, and Guns N Roses(whatever incarnation it is) will still rock the world... Cool

having said that...as far as I know there is nothing official about Robin not being in the band...so lets wait and see...wasn't their already a thousand page thread full of nothing but speculation about Robin? hihi
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3578 on: November 12, 2008, 12:32:59 AM »

The photos on the interscope site were put up on the 5th which is one week ago and are still there with both Brain and Ro bin.  What is more official interscope or myspace or neither?  I don't think we should put too much stock in a myspace update until we get an official press release or the liner notes to the album.  Fricke who reviewed it in Rolling Stone mentions everyone except Brain in his article.  I have a feeling this saga is not over yet.  Relax until Axl says differently.

while I agree its not definitive word, the myspace is ran by someone in the GnR camp.   

I'm too pumped up about the album right now to worry about who is or isn't in the band at the moment.    Robin is my favorite guitar player(ever), and no matter what his status in the band, his work with GnR is about to be unleashed to the entire world after all these years.    Perhaps he's really enjoying himself over in NIN and wants to continue down that path for now..   Then again, maybe he will be back with GnR next year on tour.    All we can do is wait and see and in the meantime we have a new album to enjoy Smiley
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #3579 on: November 12, 2008, 12:36:02 AM »

I'm too pumped up about the album right now to worry about who is or isn't in the band at the moment.    Robin is my favorite guitar player(ever), and no matter what his status in the band, his work with GnR is about to be unleashed to the entire world after all these years.    Perhaps he's really enjoying himself over in NIN and wants to continue down that path for now..   Then again, maybe he will be back with GnR next year on tour.    All we can do is wait and see and in the meantime we have a new album to enjoy Smiley

amen.. ok
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: