Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 09:43:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228557 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 787286 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3540 on: November 03, 2008, 07:18:11 PM »

People need to getover the whole NIN thing.  The Album is coming out and im sure as hell Robin is excited for it's release.  Last thing we need to do as fans is get all pissed off when actually GnR isn't touring at the moment and be angry with Robin.  Nothing we can do about it until it's time for Guns to plan their touring schedule.
That's bullshit!!!  We got every right to be pissed at Robin for not addressing the GNR fans about his status in the band because he made himself a distraction during the time when the ONLY thing GNR fans should be thinking about is the release of Chinese Democracy!!!  Robin had no problem telling the NIN fans how fuckin "thrilled" he was to be playing with them but hasn't said shit to us!!!  rant

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3541 on: November 03, 2008, 07:20:24 PM »

People need to getover the whole NIN thing.  The Album is coming out and im sure as hell Robin is excited for it's release.  Last thing we need to do as fans is get all pissed off when actually GnR isn't touring at the moment and be angry with Robin.  Nothing we can do about it until it's time for Guns to plan their touring schedule.
That's bullshit!!!  We got every right to be pissed at Robin for not addressing the GNR fans about his status in the band because he made himself a distraction during the time when the ONLY thing GNR fans should be thinking about is the release of Chinese Democracy!!!  Robin had no problem telling the NIN fans how fuckin "thrilled" he was to be playing with them but hasn't said shit to us!!!  rant

Wow, that seems like a bit of an overreaction.  Maybe the official word on Robin summed everything up perfectly?  When it is time to tour, then things will be addressed.  But now, is it really necessary?  I don't see how.

Ali
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3542 on: November 03, 2008, 07:32:57 PM »

Wow, that seems like a bit of an overreaction.  Maybe the official word on Robin summed everything up perfectly?  When it is time to tour, then things will be addressed.  But now, is it really necessary?  I don't see how.

Ali
No.  The official word was "Only Robin knows what Robin's doing."

P.S.  Happy November 7th Birthday anyways, Robin.  birthday

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #3543 on: November 03, 2008, 08:34:15 PM »

robin is great. he will shine on cd, no matter if he's in the band or not at the moment. that's the important thing right now.

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Ali
Legend

« Reply #3544 on: November 03, 2008, 08:41:20 PM »

Ali

No, the official word was a bit more detailed than that.  It included that they will see how things stand when it comes time to tour.

Ali
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #3545 on: November 03, 2008, 11:05:00 PM »

Ali

No, the official word was a bit more detailed than that.  It included that they will see how things stand when it comes time to tour.

Ali

Sorry, man. You are flat wrong. The only band statement as specific to robin was as described above. It goes without saying that they will see how things stand when it comes to touring...that has nothing to do with robin in particular...duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 11:06:46 PM by adman2374 » Logged
Ali
Legend

« Reply #3546 on: November 04, 2008, 12:12:08 AM »

Ali

Ali

Sorry, man. You are flat wrong. The only band statement as specific to robin was as described above. It goes without saying that they will see how things stand when it comes to touring...that has nothing to do with robin in particular...duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nope.  You are flat wrong.

"When we begin to put tour plans together we'll see where things are at. Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=51547.0

Ali
McDuff
« Reply #3547 on: November 04, 2008, 12:56:58 AM »

So as it stands now no one even knows really who is in or out of the band,it doesn't really matter at this point anyway I guess.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #3548 on: November 04, 2008, 05:40:22 AM »

Hell yeah it matters. A lot of us have grown to love the newer band members, just as we loved the others. It matters. Robin is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. I for one really want to see him in this band.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
slane92
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3549 on: November 04, 2008, 05:55:55 AM »

Lets hope Robin returns from his break for a GNR world tour in 09 ok

"You had The Who, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles for previous generations. As far as rock bands and anyone that is in their early thirties to forties, our band is Guns N? Roses..."Alex Grossi
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #3550 on: November 04, 2008, 06:23:47 AM »

Lets hope Robin returns from his break for a GNR world tour in 09 ok

That's what I'm hoping for too. I think Robin Finck is a bad ass on the guitar and I hope he returns to GNR.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #3551 on: November 04, 2008, 11:06:09 AM »

Ali

Ali

"When we begin to put tour plans together we'll see where things are at. Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans."

Ali
You have no clue?! Do you understand english? Yes, that was the statement. But, it is a general statement about touring. There was never anything said about their personal knowledge about what Robin said or what his plans are. Of course, they are working with management on a tour and yes, once they put together tour plans they will see where they are..Of course, that's true no matter what. The point here is what is up with Robin? They have told us nothing. What is your problem? Deal with reality and stop kissing someone's ass....Who are you trying to impress? Well, not me!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 11:08:05 AM by adman2374 » Logged
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #3552 on: November 04, 2008, 11:30:50 AM »

You have no clue?! Do you understand english? Yes, that was the statement. But, it is a general statement about touring. There was never anything said about their personal knowledge about what Robin said or what his plans are. Of course, they are working with management on a tour and yes, once they put together tour plans they will see where they are..Of course, that's true no matter what. The point here is what is up with Robin? They have told us nothing. What is your problem? Deal with reality and stop kissing someone's ass....Who are you trying to impress? Well, not me!

I think the statement is pretty clear.   It was in the Robin posting on guns n' roses.com.  Not that hard to understand, buddy.  ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Ali
Legend

« Reply #3553 on: November 04, 2008, 12:08:06 PM »

Ali

Ali

Ali

Do I understand english?  Yes, I think so.  Very mature response, though.  Thanks for the chuckle.  I especially enjoyed the ass-kissing remark, though I have no idea whose ass it is I am attempting to kiss.

The point, which you seem to have missed, is that when it comes time to tour, Robin's status will be re-evaluated.  Until then, there are other matters at hand which are more pressing, obviously.  I don't see the ambiguity in that that would lead to any disagreement.

Ali
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #3554 on: November 04, 2008, 04:08:29 PM »

Ali

Ali

Ali

thanx for your contribution. that's really one of the worst posts ever. really misplaced.

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
duasoul
Opening Act

I'm a One-Man Idiot

« Reply #3555 on: November 11, 2008, 11:25:16 PM »

It looks like the band lineup has been updated on Guns' Myspace page, and Robin's not included:

http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses

"Postpone not a good action." - Irish Proverb
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3556 on: November 11, 2008, 11:32:01 PM »

i wonder what happened that may have led robin finck to walk away from guns n roses right before the release of the album he had helped create for nearly a decade...

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3557 on: November 11, 2008, 11:33:31 PM »

How do you know it's been updated and that they didn't just overlook it? What did it say last time? Didn't it say nearly the same thing, except that maybe Brain was in, and yet we got an update from the band around the same time saying the situation with Robin is still not very clear?

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3558 on: November 11, 2008, 11:34:37 PM »

It really doesn't matter what the situation is right at this point anyways.  It only matters when they start touring.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #3559 on: November 11, 2008, 11:35:42 PM »

We need Robin and Buckethead to be a part of this band!  Give us some answers GN'R!!
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: