Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:18:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 786626 times)
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #3420 on: October 06, 2008, 05:33:16 PM »

Guns N' Roses is a band, Axl Rose is the leader of the band...what's the big deal? It's been always that way

Not anymore, Guns N Roses is a Brand and Axl Rose owns it.....and he uses it to distribute his music....but that's just semantics......to say it's a band when you don't know who the drummer is, or which guitarists are still in the band is a stretch......but I'm looking forward to hearing Chinese Democracy when it's released and seeing them tour when it is released
I disagree i think it is a band, but you seem to think it isn't because the average joe doesn't recognize the guitarist or the drummer etc that just.... dumb, most people don't really have a clue who playing what on the song when there listening to it on there radio,  the only fans know who is who is the people who you meet on here, some people complain because most of them like the idea of buying a t shirt with the image of the band on to look cool.

Yes GN'R are a brand it is impossible to be that successful and not be a brand, just like slash is his own brand and other bands like the beatles, rolling stones etc

Back on topic, i think finck will be back he just does stuff his own way.

Thanks Giant Robot...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3421 on: October 06, 2008, 05:40:09 PM »

fans on this forum don't know if robin's in the band or who the drummer is brain or freddy....and robin's a significant contributor to some of the songs and who knows what drummer contibuted what to what song?  how is that a band?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3422 on: October 06, 2008, 06:03:13 PM »

Guns N' Roses is a band, Axl Rose is the leader of the band...what's the big deal? It's been always that way

Not anymore, Guns N Roses is a Brand and Axl Rose owns it.....and he uses it to distribute his music....but that's just semantics......to say it's a band when you don't know who the drummer is, or which guitarists are still in the band is a stretch......but I'm looking forward to hearing Chinese Democracy when it's released and seeing them tour when it is released
I disagree i think it is a band, but you seem to think it isn't because the average joe doesn't recognize the guitarist or the drummer etc that just.... dumb, most people don't really have a clue who playing what on the song when there listening to it on there radio,  the only fans know who is who is the people who you meet on here, some people complain because most of them like the idea of buying a t shirt with the image of the band on to look cool.

Yes GN'R are a brand it is impossible to be that successful and not be a brand, just like slash is his own brand and other bands like the beatles, rolling stones etc

just look at the songwriting credits for Shacklers Revenge to see a further illustration that GnR is more of a Brand rather than a Band:

Who wrote the song?
A: Rose, Carroll, Costanzo, Mantia, Finck, Scaturro
Caram Costanzo is a producer who has worked with GN'R. Pete Scaturro is a producer who worked on the song with Buckethead and Brain.

Carrol, Costanzo, Scaturro aren't in the "Band" and Mantia hasn't played with them since when?  And nobody knows what Robin's status is for certain....
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3423 on: October 06, 2008, 06:05:07 PM »

just look at the songwriting credits for Shacklers Revenge to see a further illustration that GnR is more of a Brand rather than a Band:

Who wrote the song?
A: Rose, Carroll, Costanzo, Mantia, Finck, Scaturro
Caram Costanzo is a producer who has worked with GN'R. Pete Scaturro is a producer who worked on the song with Buckethead and Brain.

Carrol, Costanzo, Scaturro aren't in the "Band" and Mantia hasn't played with them since when?  And nobody knows what Robin's status is for certain....

That was GNR version 6.2, we are now on version 8.3.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3424 on: October 06, 2008, 06:07:52 PM »

whatever hihi
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #3425 on: October 06, 2008, 06:15:19 PM »

fans on this forum don't know if robin's in the band or who the drummer is brain or freddy....and robin's a significant contributor to some of the songs and who knows what drummer contibuted what to what song?  how is that a band?
It's a band because there 9 official band members, if it wasn't a band there would just be 1 member, just because the fans don't know about what happening with Finck does not mean he isn't in the band, or would you prefer that the members bitch about each other in the magazines like Velvet Revolver ? GN'R choose to have dignity and be honest with there fans. Velvet Revolver choose to have indignity and let there fans buy cummy magazines to try and find out the truth.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 06:32:20 PM by AppetiteForIllusion » Logged

Thanks Giant Robot...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3426 on: October 06, 2008, 06:19:19 PM »

It's a band because there 9 official band members, if it wasn't a band there would just be 1 member, just because the fans don't know about what happening with Finck does not mean it isn't a band, or would you prefer that the members bitch about each other in the magazines like Velvet Revolver ? GN'R choose to have dignity and be honest with there fans. Velvet Revolver choose to have indignity and let there fans buy cummy magazines to try and find out the truth.

if you say so....GnR members don't talk to magazines about GnR......
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3427 on: October 06, 2008, 06:30:29 PM »

Did you notice that ALL GN'R albums to-date have featured contributions from "outside" songwriters? People who weren't currently, or never, in the band when the album was released.

Live ?!*@ Like A Suicide:
Reckless Life: Rose / Slash / Stradlin / Weber
Move To The City: Stradlin / Weber / James

Appetite For Destruction:
It's So Easy: McKagan / Arkeen
Anything Goes: Stradlin / Rose / Weber

GN'R Lies:
Reckless Life: Rose / Slash / Stradlin / Weber
Move To The City: Stradlin / Weber / James

Use Your Illusion I:
Right Next Door To Hell: Stradlin / Caltia / Rose
Bad Obsession: Stradlin / Arkeen
Back Off Bitch: Huge / Rose
The Garden: Arkeen / James / Rose
Don't Damn Me: Slash / Lank / Rose

Use Your Illusion II:
Yesterdays: Arkeen / James / McCloud / Rose

Now what?

Regarding song writing credits, things are like they were back in the "good old days".

Roll Eyes

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 06:32:22 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jack49
Opening Act

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #3428 on: October 06, 2008, 06:41:21 PM »

After all this time I am just starting to get into Robin's playing in the band.  I will be seriously bummed if he goes.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3429 on: October 06, 2008, 07:21:46 PM »

I don't know why you're assuming that. We don't know what happen in all these years or rehearsing and making of the album...Do you believe that Chinese Democracy is something like an Axl creation instead of a Guns N' Roses creation? I don't think so. There's people like Robin Finck, Stinson , Buckethead or Bumblefoot in this album, I don't think those guys are the just-obey-orders kind

Yes, and they were all selected to bring something to the table that Axl wanted at the table if you know what I mean.  He chose them.  Tommy Stinson didn't hire buckethead and richard fortus... Axl did.  This is Axl's band, why is it a band thing to say that?Huh??  I don't get it.  I am not mocking him and if it was the "Axl Rose Band" i wouldn't be any less excited.  What is up with the semantics on this? 

Not true. Just one example comes to my mind right now and I?ll give it to you: Bumblefoot was recommended by Chris Pitman. Do you think Axl decides everything? Look buddy, if you?re nostalgic for the old days you have seven cds you can listen but do not deny the identity to Guns N? Roses, ok? Guns N? Roses is a band, do you like that? Do you think the opposite? It doesn?t matter because you don?t have the power to change reality. GUNS N? ROSES IS A BAND.

Hey ?classic? Guns fan and old-time-lover, do you remember when IN THE ?CLASSIC? GUNS this things happened?:

The drummer's chair remains a mystery. Ex-Pearl Jam member Dave Abbruzzese has been in rehearsals with Axl Rose, the name of former Nine Inch Nails drummer Chris Vrenna keeps surfacing as a contender, and Guns n' Roses management says Matt Sorum is still in the picture.

(May 22nd ? 1997 ? MTV article)

Duff McKagan, speaking at the same convention but in a separate interview, told his audience that things had come together in the studio for Guns n' Roses just over the last month and a half, but also confirmed MTV Online's earlier report that he was recording a solo album

(May 22th ? 1997 ? MTV article)

Don?t you remember when Gilby left and the second guitar was a mystery?. Don?t you remember when Slash went on a tour with Snakepit when Guns N? Roses was trying to get ready to start to thinking on the album?

ALL THAT KIND OF THINGS HAPPENED WHEN YOUR ?CLASSICS? MEMBERS WERE IN THE BAND, DO YOU THOUGHT THAT GUNS N? ROSES WASN?T A BAND IN THAT MOMENT? Today the situation is similar but in your opinion that was a band and this is not. Ridiculous.

Quote from: classicgunsfan

And this stupid thing was already answered by Jarmo.

Let me ask you something, are you happy in this forum? Here the people loves Guns N? Roses, you try to smash Guns N? Roses in every comment you do. Why do you still here?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 01:47:20 AM by Ulises » Logged

overmatik
« Reply #3430 on: October 06, 2008, 09:02:05 PM »

Calm down man. Everyone has a different reason to be here.

I mean, I'm here for Axl, another people may be here for Bumblefoot, Robin and even for Pitman! Is insanity to think that everyone must be here for the same reason. Everybody here loves GNR, why would we spend our time discussing the band.
Above all, we all love Guns N' Fuckin' Roses!! beer

And let fuckin' Democracy be now! crying
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 09:08:23 PM by overmatik » Logged
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3431 on: October 07, 2008, 02:25:23 AM »

So some of you are questioning whether or not Brain is still in the band.  I don't know if this means anything but his name isn't on GN'R's band list on myspace.  I think he's long gone!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 02:31:16 AM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #3432 on: October 07, 2008, 06:33:36 AM »

So some of you are questioning whether or not Brain is still in the band.  I don't know if this means anything but his name isn't on GN'R's band list on myspace.  I think he's long gone!

That is not what I was told!!! But still might come to light.

Anywho, can I please have an update on Robin's "official" part with Guns N' Roses on this page? If there is one.   Smiley

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #3433 on: October 07, 2008, 07:07:01 AM »

Well, Robin still is listed on GNR`s Myspace, so i guess he havent said anything about quitting the band.. GNR are logged in pretty often, so they could change it if he was gone..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3434 on: October 07, 2008, 05:41:03 PM »

I mean, I'm here for Axl, another people may be here for Bumblefoot, Robin and even for Pitman! Is insanity to think that everyone must be here for the same reason. Everybody here loves GNR, why would we spend our time discussing the band.

everyone should have the same attitude as you; and some people take this band way to seriously

though some can't take sarcasm well either

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 05:43:31 PM by classicgunsfan » Logged
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3435 on: October 07, 2008, 07:06:07 PM »

everyone should have the same attitude as you; and some people take this band way to seriously

Hypocrite! You don't love Guns N' Roses, you love a bunch of guys who were on the band but you don't love Guns N' Roses. I don't buy your shit...

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3436 on: October 07, 2008, 09:13:23 PM »

Hypocrite! You don't love Guns N' Roses, you love a bunch of guys who were on the band but you don't love Guns N' Roses. I don't buy your shit...

well, i have every album they put out, the video of their Ilusion tour, a bootleg of one of the early Illusion shows in indianapolis when Izzy was still in the band, a demo of the Unwanted illusions, and even the CD single of Sympathy for the Devil.....................not sure what else there is to purchase of the band?  when chinese democracy comes out, you can bet I'll purchase that on the day it's released........I just can't tell you with certainty who is in the band now, who plays what solo, who contributed what part to what song......given what I've read in interviews with current band members, the only one that really talks to the fans thru interviews is Bumblefoot, and he seems like a really cool, regular, approachable guy....as for the others, they all seem to promote tand talk about their own stuff/projects but never mention anything about Guns.....maybe I'm mistaken but it's hard for me to "love" these guy when I know very little about them or what their role in the songwriting process was...............whatever, amybe they'll be more forthvoming, or do interviews and talk about the band when the albums is out.........
ben9785
« Reply #3437 on: October 07, 2008, 10:21:40 PM »

well, i have every album they put out, the video of their Ilusion tour, a bootleg of one of the early Illusion shows in indianapolis when Izzy was still in the band, a demo of the Unwanted illusions, and even the CD single of Sympathy for the Devil.....................not sure what else there is to purchase of the band?  when chinese democracy comes out, you can bet I'll purchase that on the day it's released........I just can't tell you with certainty who is in the band now, who plays what solo, who contributed what part to what song......given what I've read in interviews with current band members, the only one that really talks to the fans thru interviews is Bumblefoot, and he seems like a really cool, regular, approachable guy....as for the others, they all seem to promote tand talk about their own stuff/projects but never mention anything about Guns.....maybe I'm mistaken but it's hard for me to "love" these guy when I know very little about them or what their role in the songwriting process was...............whatever, amybe they'll be more forthvoming, or do interviews and talk about the band when the albums is out.........

Axl obviously did not record the music by himself. He didn't record the guitars. He didn't record the bass. He didn't record the drums. He didn't record the keyboards/synths. He is a "founding member" of the band, yes, but there are other musicians who have contributed to the music and made it what it is. Guns and Roses was never all about Axl and shouldn't be all about Axl now.

When the album comes out, the band members will step out and be introduced to the world. We will find out who contributed to the music, who played on the album, and for a future tour, who is playing with Axl. I have no doubt it'll be the same lineup as 06/07 shows, but rather than GNR being "Axl and the boys" or "Axl and his new backup band", it'll be a band with a real identity, and whether they accept it or not people have to recognize the new talent.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3438 on: October 08, 2008, 08:42:20 AM »

so according to the countdown to chinese democracy podcast (or whatever the fuck it's called), it looks like robin's out, wonder if there's any truth to it?  probably all bullshit
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 08:46:24 AM by classicgunsfan » Logged
Sugartown
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3439 on: October 08, 2008, 11:00:24 AM »

I highly doubt after 10 years 3 tours and all his contributions to CD that he would just walk away. My bet is the next time you  see GNR on stage robbin will be there.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: