Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 01:23:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 786522 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3380 on: October 05, 2008, 09:22:54 PM »

?Ok but the guys are needed just for the shows? I don't think so because I think that Guns N' Roses is A BAND, Axl is the key, the spirit but GN'R is not like NIN, is not only a man, is a band. It would be cool if all the guys, like Axl does, wait for Chinese Democracy and fight for it. But no, most of the guys are touring/or planning a tour.

That all depends.

For example, to do interviews, you can do them over the phone....

Doing shows over the phone is a bit more complicated.  hihi

Tommy, Dizzy and Richard don't seem to have anything booked after December.

Soul Asylum have two shows booked in December. Richard's tour with Rihanna ends in November, and he has one show with the Pale Divine in December.

Dizzy's H&B dates have never stopped him from being there for GN'R either.

Looks like the only one who has dates all the way into mid-December is Robin.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3381 on: October 05, 2008, 09:24:46 PM »

?Ok but the guys are needed just for the shows? I don't think so because I think that Guns N' Roses is A BAND, Axl is the key, the spirit but GN'R is not like NIN, is not only a man, is a band. It would be cool if all the guys, like Axl does, wait for Chinese Democracy and fight for it. But no, most of the guys are touring/or planning a tour.

But the album has already been recorded.   Robin would be sitting on his ass right now if he wasn't touring with NIN.

You're right too. I said several times that a musician needs to play but I want him on GN'R or, saying in another way, I don't want him in a long long tour with NIN. It would be great the tour ends on Sept. 6 (as was planned originally)

This situation sucks...luckily Chinese Democracy is above us

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3382 on: October 06, 2008, 12:15:13 AM »

Soul Asylum have two shows booked in December. Richard's tour with Rihanna ends in November, and he has one show with the Pale Divine in December.

/jarmo

well, that would be a problem if GNR is planning to tour in december / january. I dont think GNR is going to tour again without an album.

and at the day of the date, we have no information regarding the release of the album or possible live shows

so what's the problem? Or is GNR ''waiting for'' Robin, like you said I suggested to do?

I love the band, I love every single member of the band so bad. I love GNR's music.

But please, kill the gnr.com webmaster...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3383 on: October 06, 2008, 12:53:43 AM »

Ok Stop ! nobody's know's what Robin's thinking or what GnR is gonna do. Fact of the matter is we gotta wait and see what goes down, this non sense of not coming back to GnR he hasn't commented on a damn thing so that tells me he's coming back ! Ok Good !

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3384 on: October 06, 2008, 01:16:22 AM »

Like some on here have said....I don't even see GNR touring right away so Robin touring with NIN doesn't matter.  Probably not till late spring or summer I see GNR starting a tour again.  I just think that if this album does come out this year, that they will let it ride for a while and soak into peoples heads.  I also think that they "should" do this.  I know that they have sold out some shows in recent concerts, but they have not done that well in the US.  Letting people hear the music first will eventually get more people coming out to the shows and filling the venues like it should be!!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #3385 on: October 06, 2008, 02:38:00 AM »

i dont think the fact that robin is playin with nin into december means anything...i highly doubt that gnr is going to be playing in december or jan....i am optimistic(more than ever) that the record is coming out very soon..but that doesnt mean they have to tour right away...
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3386 on: October 06, 2008, 03:27:42 AM »

that for sure has to mean something  hihi Tongue ...
yeah.  it means those are the rescheduled dates.  Roll Eyes

Really? oh, no  hihi ... I know, I was just surprised no one mentioned it before and said ROBIN IS BACK oR CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW. Only that. It is called SARCASM.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #3387 on: October 06, 2008, 12:10:56 PM »

That all depends.

For example, to do interviews, you can do them over the phone....

Doing shows over the phone is a bit more complicated.  hihi

/jarmo
Well, when Ron joined the band he even canceled a whole tour to play with Guns...

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3388 on: October 06, 2008, 12:15:28 PM »

Well, when Ron joined the band he even canceled a whole tour to play with Guns...

Correct.

I don't know what kind of plans Robin has.

It seems like NIN will tour after December. According to their schedule, they won't have played shows outside of the Americas before mid-December.

If they're going to tour in Australia, Japan, Europe and so on, it will have to happen in 2009.

In other words, if Robin wants to keep touring with NIN, he might be busy until well into 2009.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3389 on: October 06, 2008, 12:23:25 PM »

And maybe we can see a 2009 tour of GN'R if Chinese Democracy comes out on November.

I think 2009 will be the "time of the truth". Besides, and i'm not suggesting that GN'R needs other bands time to work, Reznor will focus in his project for HBO next year so I think Robin will be free.

adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #3390 on: October 06, 2008, 12:24:44 PM »

Correct.

It seems like NIN will tour after December. According to their schedule, they won't have played shows outside of the Americas before mid-December.

If they're going to tour in Australia, Japan, Europe and so on, it will have to happen in 2009.

In other words, if Robin wants to keep touring with NIN, he might be busy until well into 2009.

/jarmo

Ron cancelling his bar gigs is just a tad different than robin cancelling a nin tour...........
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3391 on: October 06, 2008, 12:35:10 PM »

And maybe we can see a 2009 tour of GN'R if Chinese Democracy comes out on November.

I think 2009 will be the "time of the truth". Besides, and i'm not suggesting that GN'R needs other bands time to work, Reznor will focus in his project for HBO next year so I think Robin will be free.

So Gn'R situation depends on Trent Reznor decisions? That has no logic at all
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #3392 on: October 06, 2008, 12:39:20 PM »

Correct.

/jarmo

Ron cancelling his bar gigs is just a tad different than robin cancelling a nin tour...........
Wrong. He probably was asked to cancel his tour - European tour if I'm not wrong. Well, you know his choice.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3393 on: October 06, 2008, 12:56:36 PM »

Did you read the entire message? i'm not suggesting that GN'R needs other bands time to work

alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3394 on: October 06, 2008, 01:03:38 PM »

Did you read the entire message? i'm not suggesting that GN'R needs other bands time to work

You said that Robin will be free 'coz Trent will focus in some other project... If Trent change his mind n' focus in NIN?? Why we Gn'R fans must care bout Reznor decisions to know if we will have a lead guitarist to tour? That has nothing to do with Reznor, is about Robin... he's a big guy
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3395 on: October 06, 2008, 01:07:29 PM »

What's the matter with you?

I suggested that we can have Robin for a tour in 2009. Period.

I never said that GN'R can't hit the road without Robin or that GN'R needs to Reznor to free Robin and then GN'R can do his things. I just pointed that situation

Is a fact that Robin will be free of NIN because Reznor will be focused in another thing...So? I said that as a possibility to see Robin on a tour with GN'R, not as a requirement for GN'R can work.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 01:09:15 PM by Ulises » Logged

overmatik
« Reply #3396 on: October 06, 2008, 01:22:44 PM »

With all due respect Ulises, but you're just like most of us were like 10 years ago, still sticking with the idea that they're a band and that every single member is important... Roll Eyes

Come on, I mean, it's about time for you to understand! hihi

And in relation to what classicgunsfan said before, no, he didn't say any bullshit, he just said an undeniable truth, that if Slash could be replaced, anyone can be replaced. Now, is there any rational GNR fan that can argue against that? Huh
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 01:25:06 PM by overmatik » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3397 on: October 06, 2008, 01:30:30 PM »

With all due respect Ulises, but you're just like most of us were like 10 years ago, still sticking with the idea that they're a band and that every single member is important... Roll Eyes

Every member is important.

Did you ever go see a GN'R concert?

Even the simple fact that the two "new" guys are on the album kinda proves it.

/jarmo

alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3398 on: October 06, 2008, 01:37:29 PM »

Every member is important.

Did you ever go see a GN'R concert?

Even the simple fact that the two "new" guys are on the album kinda proves it.

/jarmo

Is definetely Ferrer new Gn'R drummer?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3399 on: October 06, 2008, 01:41:47 PM »

he's in the family Wink and recorded for CD, that doesn't necesarily mean brain is out though..  smoking
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: