Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 01:19:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 786509 times)
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #3360 on: October 04, 2008, 06:04:24 PM »

Robin's sound is determinating for GN'R today. At least talking about the new tracks. If the sound is another (just talking about the sound, leaving his stage presence for another discussion) the songs loose a lot of their "personalities".

Robin is that kind of guitar player that is unique. That plays in a certian way that can't be imitated by anyone else. Loosing Robin would be a kick in the ass for GN'R and their live performances.

Although GN'R is a band wich Axl can change anytime he wants, I would say that GN'R's sound today is "Robin dependet".

So true!
overmatik
« Reply #3361 on: October 04, 2008, 06:22:24 PM »

With all due respect man, but I think that this is so out of reality after all we have lived and seen. GNR is Axl, no other member has a decisive influence on GNR's sound. Get real!

As I said, is all about Axl. drool

Off topic: I wish I could ask Robin all about this, but Damn NIN has cancelled their brazilian dates! rant
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3362 on: October 04, 2008, 06:32:01 PM »

With all due respect man, but I think that this is so out of reality after all we have lived and seen. GNR is Axl, no other member has a decisive influence on GNR's sound. Get real!

As I said, is all about Axl. drool

Off topic: I wish I could ask Robin all about this, but Damn NIN has cancelled their brazilian dates! rant

Agreed  ok
cineater
Legend

« Reply #3363 on: October 04, 2008, 07:03:45 PM »

It is not all about Axl, look at the writting credits, he's not the only player.  For you it's all about Axl, it's not for him.

But back to Robin, technical difficulties and he hasn't updated his site with the new dates?  That's promissing and he's talking to management.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #3364 on: October 05, 2008, 04:58:37 PM »

Shocked oh my god, he has put stars after 3 dates on his site:

October 8th *
November 9th *
&
November 25th *

that for sure has to mean something  hihi Tongue ...

BR,

Velimir
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 05:01:08 PM by velimir » Logged
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3365 on: October 05, 2008, 06:18:40 PM »

that for sure has to mean something  hihi Tongue ...
yeah.  it means those are the rescheduled dates.  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #3366 on: October 05, 2008, 07:19:21 PM »

WOW, October 8th couple days before Body of Lies and If the World

November 25th. Chinese Democracy

Rescheduled NIN Dates, Robin must be needed on those dates for a reason.

Its coming, its almost here, ITS FUCKING HAPPENING.

Every piece of the puzzle is fitting together perfectly!!!

THERE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! peace beer smoking
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3367 on: October 05, 2008, 07:27:10 PM »

Rescheduled NIN Dates, Robin must be needed on those dates for a reason.
yeah.  he's needed to play with NIN on those dates that REPLACE previous scheduled dates.  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #3368 on: October 05, 2008, 08:02:44 PM »

12 tuesdays left... Sad

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3369 on: October 05, 2008, 08:08:24 PM »

The people who smash Finck in every comment they do...is because you already know that he left and you don't wanna (or you can't) tell us?

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3370 on: October 05, 2008, 08:12:52 PM »

The people who smash Finck in every comment they do...is because you already know that he left and you don't wanna (or you can't) tell us?
If that's directed at me ... I HAVE NO "INSIDE" KNOWLEDGE OF ROBIN'S STATUS IN GNR.

My posts were in reply to people suggesting that those rescheduled NIN tour dates have anything to do with GNR.

IMO, THEY DO NOT.

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3371 on: October 05, 2008, 08:54:34 PM »

Now you metion Gypsy, yes... I saw some messages from you too about Robin

But when I wrote that I thought in Jarmo because I'm agree  with him in all things but I disagree with him when the "Robin situation" comes up, and I'm little...let's say...mmmm..."scared" about his comment because, let's face it, the guy have contacts with GN'R camp and maybe he talk about Robin that way because he know that Robin is actually gone and we don't know it...

I saw some messages Jarmo reffering to Robin as a gone member (I hope not)

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3372 on: October 05, 2008, 08:56:53 PM »

Sorry man, but by now you should have realized that no one is irreplaceable in this band. Is all about Axl. The other guys are just employees, no matter what people may say about it.

Robin is a big part of the overall sound on the new stuff. He is not someone you can hire a replacement for. We'll just have to see how this plays out ( as always)

Oh please, Slash was a big part and Axl hired a replacement for him.....what gives with the change in attitude that you can replace slash but no Robin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3373 on: October 05, 2008, 09:00:58 PM »

I saw some messages Jarmo reffering to Robin as a gone member (I hope not)

I don't think I ever referred to him that way. Seems to be more about how you interpret what I said.

I even pointed out how we don't know his plans. You know, the plans which might or might not involve GN'R:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=51313.msg1107457#msg1107457

Furthermore, I made it clear that I don't know his status in GN'R: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=51313.msg1107411#msg1107411

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 09:04:58 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3374 on: October 05, 2008, 09:05:14 PM »

I can't believe some of you still want to have this conversation.     GnR made their statement on the matter, all we can do is see what happens next time GnR goes out on tour.  This isn't even worth discussing now until that time.

Oh please, Slash was a big part and Axl hired a replacement for him.....what gives with the change in attitude that you can replace slash but no Robin

fuck slash.   VR section pleez.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3375 on: October 05, 2008, 09:06:29 PM »

When I saw "classicgunsfan" as the last reply I thought "This guy posted some shit or something like that".

I wasn't wrong.  Smiley

Jarmo, maybe is a interpretation thing. Maybe i'm paranoid with this thing of Robin...I don't know. I would really like a clarification of this (in fact, I don't even care if he gone but I wanna know)...I wrote to a lot of people asking for Robin situation: a lot of webmasters of Rock sites, Robin's webmaster, Mysteron, even to you Jarmo, Fernando...EVEN TRENT REZNOR and nobody gives an answer  Sad

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3376 on: October 05, 2008, 09:11:54 PM »

Maybe it's because nobody knows until GN'R starts thinking about playing shows.

Just like GN'R said.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3377 on: October 05, 2008, 09:13:31 PM »

?Ok but the guys are needed just for the shows? I don't think so because I think that Guns N' Roses is A BAND, Axl is the key, the spirit but GN'R is not like NIN, is not only a man, is a band. It would be cool if all the guys, like Axl does, wait for Chinese Democracy and fight for it. But no, most of the guys are touring/or planning a tour.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 09:15:51 PM by Ulises » Logged

adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #3378 on: October 05, 2008, 09:17:15 PM »

?Ok but the guys are needed just for the shows? I don't think so because I think that Guns N' Roses is A BAND. It would be cool if all the guys, like Axl does, wait for Chinese Democracy and fight for it.

Exactly! GNR is a band, right? Not just Axl and a bunch of hired hands needed to tour. A band is a band whether they are touring or not. Some clarification on his status would be great. I have no clue what his situation is, but if you look at what he has been doing lately and what he will be doing soon with another band and the possibility of the album coming out on nov 25th, i am assuming he is no longer in the band...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3379 on: October 05, 2008, 09:19:03 PM »

?Ok but the guys are needed just for the shows? I don't think so because I think that Guns N' Roses is A BAND, Axl is the key, the spirit but GN'R is not like NIN, is not only a man, is a band. It would be cool if all the guys, like Axl does, wait for Chinese Democracy and fight for it. But no, most of the guys are touring/or planning a tour.

But the album has already been recorded.   Robin would be sitting on his ass right now if he wasn't touring with NIN.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: