Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:29:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 786234 times)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3340 on: October 04, 2008, 11:58:54 AM »

I would wait for CD another whole year if I could be sure Robin's still in the band...

Can't please everyone...

Basically you're a Robin fan?

/jarmo

No. You dont understand my point. And I'm not the kind of guy that will never be pleased, if that's your point with you post.

I'm absolutely sure CD will be amazing. Sooner or later, the album will be out, and I will buy two or three copies of it.

But I've learned to love Robin in all this time, and I think he's 'the' icon of this new era. I love how he sounds, how he feels onstage, the way he represents GNR. Even though I love the other two guitarists, I dont feel the same about them.

What I would like? To have the album this year, knowing Robin is in the band. That's what I want. The main problem is we dont know for sure the status of any of these things.

If I had to choose, in an hypothetical case, between having to wait another year WITH Robin, or having CD now WITHOUT Robin, I would choose the first option.

And it is exactly the opposite of what you said. I think this way basically because I DO BELIEVE Guns N' Roses is A BAND, not a single person. I really care about them. I dont want GNR to be a NIN kind of band where just one man cares.

But to say that the album should be postponed is pretty ridiculous.

wowowowo... hold on, I've never said that.

If Robin's gone and he's not returning, just release the damn album and that's it. There's nothing we can do in that case.

I think my post was pretty clear...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 12:02:33 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3341 on: October 04, 2008, 11:59:55 AM »

that's not what he said though, but we interpret things differently, it's ok Wink
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3342 on: October 04, 2008, 12:05:06 PM »

If Robin's gone and he's not returning, just release the damn album and that's it.

Well:

I would wait for CD another whole year if I could be sure Robin's still in the band...

I interpreted that as you would be happy to wait until the end 2009 if it means Robin can spend the year touring with another band and then return to GN'R in time for the album's release.

Maybe you should've worded it differently if that wasn't your point....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3343 on: October 04, 2008, 12:08:39 PM »

But you got to admit that Robin is an emblem of GN'R now. He's a key piece on the band...
when this team is ready for their own games,

/jarmo
it makes my day Cheesy

This team was "ready" for their own game since 2001 Cheesy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3344 on: October 04, 2008, 12:12:49 PM »

This team was "ready" for their own game since 2001 Cheesy

How's that possible since the album wasn't done in 2001?

Please explain.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3345 on: October 04, 2008, 12:26:41 PM »

If Robin's gone and he's not returning, just release the damn album and that's it.

Well:

I interpreted that as you would be happy to wait until the end 2009 if it means Robin can spend the year touring with another band and then return to GN'R in time for the album's release.

Maybe you should've worded it differently if that wasn't your point....

/jarmo

Robin is not needed for the release of the album from what I understand... and in the end, the album isn't released yet and NIN will stop touring at early 2009...

You're talking like if you'd know for sure that Robin's gone, like he ''betrayed'' GNR and the possible scenarios are several:

* GNR can perfectly know when Robin rejoins the band, when the album will be released, and when the band starts touring. Everything is perfectly determined.

* GNR knows Robin is gone. That will not affect the release of the album, and the band is looking/will look for his replacement to tour live.

* GNR dont know what happens with Robin (what the official site said), but that doesnt modifies the fact that the album is gonna be released in 2008.

-------------------

What we know now. reality:

* We dont know when the album's gonna be out. We dont know if Robin's in the band. We dont know what GNR is gonna do if Robin's gone, if they are gonna replace him or not. We dont know if the band will tour soon. We dont know what the lineup is gonna be (in fact, we still dont know Brain's status...)

I really cant believe nobody in the GNR camp knows Robin's status. I really cant believe that GNR finds ''the same'' the release of the album with or without Robin.

And I cant belive how you think ''I'm not a GNR fan, rather a Robin fan'' just because I love him and I'm worried about him. He's presence or absence will affect in one way or another to THE BAND.

Anyway, I will support and love the band in any of these scenarios. Dont worry about me, I'm not the kind of guy that comes to a message board just to bash the band. You can search my posts.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3346 on: October 04, 2008, 12:36:49 PM »

I'm not saying anything regards to his status in the band because I don't know.

I'm objecting to your idea of waiting for a year, that's all.

As I said, if you didn't mean it the way I interpreted what you said, maybe you should've worded it differently and/or been a bit more clear.

You still didn't say my interpretation was way off.

/jarmo

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3347 on: October 04, 2008, 01:05:05 PM »

Ok, let's finish this.

I want the CD to be released this year, and I want robin in the band.

Apparently, Dizzy and Richard also chose to play for other teams when GNR is ready for their own games...

So let's hope everything gets solved soon.

I promise I will try to show my admiration and feelings about Robin a little less often...

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3348 on: October 04, 2008, 01:08:30 PM »

Sorry man, but by now you should have realized that no one is irreplaceable in this band. Is all about Axl. The other guys are just employees, no matter what people may say about it.

Robin is a big part of the overall sound on the new stuff. He is not someone you can hire a replacement for. We'll just have to see how this plays out ( as always)

You could probably say  the same about Slash... and about Buckethead as well!

Undecided

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3349 on: October 04, 2008, 01:11:45 PM »

Jarmo, here's a question for you...let's discuss

You say that Robin is playing on another team but, Fortus with Rhianna, Dizzy with Hookers and Blow and Tommy with Soul Asylum aren't playing with other teams too?

I'm not the kind of guy who's never happy but, as Esteban said, we love Robin and we want Robin on the band. Nobody can replace Robin (and not only Robin the musician...i mean, all Robin...his music, his feeling, his presence...)

I want Robin, I miss Robin, I want to Robin get back to GN'R and would like what is going on with Robin's status by the time of the launch of Chinese Democracy...that's makes me "a guy who's never happy"? I disagree...I'M A HUGE FAN OF GUNS N' ROSES. FAN UNTIL MADNESS... like Esteban and a lot of people who miss Robin
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 01:15:02 PM by Ulises » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3350 on: October 04, 2008, 01:30:05 PM »

And you still didn't comment on what you originally meant.

Smiley

Apparently, Dizzy and Richard also chose to play for other teams when GNR is ready for their own games...

A few weeks here and there, yeah.

It's pretty safe to assume that Hookers & Blow won't be going on tour when GN'R is about to tour.

You say that Robin is playing on another team but, Fortus with Rhianna, Dizzy with Hookers and Blow and Tommy with Soul Asylum aren't playing with other teams too?

The difference is, we know they're dedicated to GN'R!

We don't know anything about Robin and his status in GN'R.

The original issue was, and still is, about how one person says he'd be happy to wait for the album for a year if it means Robin is still in the band.

I interpreted that statement as he wouldn't mind if, or maybe he would prefer that, GN'R postponed their album until Robin is done with the other band.

I don't think that should be the case.

He says this is not what he meant, yet he hasn't offered a reasonable explanation of what exactly his "waiting for a year" means.

/jarmo

alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3351 on: October 04, 2008, 01:38:14 PM »

Maybe Axl n' GnR camp are just pissed off with Robin 'coz they don't know a shit about his plans, maybe only Robin knows n' this is a band. BTW this is not the first time thet he did this (remember 2000).
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3352 on: October 04, 2008, 01:38:45 PM »

And you still didn't comment on what you originally meant.

Smiley

A few weeks here and there, yeah.

It's pretty safe to assume that Hookers & Blow won't be going on tour when GN'R is about to tour.

The difference is, we know they're dedicated to GN'R!

We don't know anything about Robin and his status in GN'R.

Guess you're right on that, Jarmo. But I cannot believe that Axl doesn't know the situation with Robin. One thing is that we don't know anything about Robin, other very different is that GN'R knows but they don't communicate it.

Sincerely, I don't want GN'R to postpone their album until Robin is done with the other band (in fact, fuck NIN) but I would like to know what's Robin situation (if he's on the band...much better) by the time of the launch of Chinese Democracy

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3353 on: October 04, 2008, 01:52:52 PM »

Here's what I think is happening.

1. Robin thought he wasn't needed so he decided to go tour with NIN.

2. Guns N' Roses were caught off-guard because of the fact their in neogations with releasing Chinese Democracy.

3. Robin I believe is still in his contract, but hasn't breached it yet due to Guns N' Roses not touring yet.

4. Robin has shown in the past he will comeback and I believe with his own material in CD he will be back.

5. Robin isn't needed for promotion, if you recall back in 2002 while GnR had their tour Dizzy and Tommy did some MTV interview.

6. I still don't believe GnR will not Tour until May of 09 so Im not worring about this whole situation.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3354 on: October 04, 2008, 02:26:31 PM »

He says this is not what he meant, yet he hasn't offered a reasonable explanation of what exactly his "waiting for a year" means.

I didnt say GNR should wait a year to release the album.

What I said, accepting the reality that we dont know anything about how the things are going with GNR (we dont know when the album is gonna be released, we dont know if Robin is in the band, we dont know if Brain is in the band, we dont know if GNR is planning to tour in the short term), is that I would wait another year if GNR does have Robin in its lineup, if the only other scenario possible is the release of the album this year without robin.

between those two options (there can be other scenarios), I prefer the waiting. Yes, I do. So what?

lets change things for a moment: would YOU prefer waiting, lets say, 3 months, if the camp assures you that Tommy, Richard and Dizzy are still in the band, rather than having the album NOW in you hands but with some new replacements?

I would like to know if your past argument would apply to this situation too. I also would like to know how much do you care about the other GNR members, besides Axl. I will keep thinking about GNR as a band, no matter how much I admire and love Axl.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3355 on: October 04, 2008, 02:36:47 PM »

lets change things for a moment: would YOU prefer waiting, lets say, 3 months, if the camp assures you that Tommy, Richard and Dizzy are still in the band, rather than having the album NOW in you hands but with some new replacements?

I don't think we have to wait for months for them.

As far as I know, all their tours end in December.

Robin? We don't know!

If he wants to tour for a year with whoever else, I certainly hope it has no effect on GN'R's plans to release the album in 2008.

GN'R is a band, but what kind of band lets another band dictate their activities?

That's basically what you're saying. Let NIN and their touring schedule dictate when GN'R can tour.

Do you care about the rest of the band including Axl with your wishes that they sit and wait?

Imagine if they release the album and then just didn't promote it properly, because Robin is out promoting another band's album.

It's not really a scenario I'd like to see.

/jarmo

Drope
Opening Act

Hincha de Boca

« Reply #3356 on: October 04, 2008, 02:59:42 PM »

I agree with Esteban.

Robin's sound is determinating for GN'R today. At least talking about the new tracks. If the sound is another (just talking about the sound, leaving his stage presence for another discussion) the songs loose a lot of their "personalities".

Robin is that kind of guitar player that is unique. That plays in a certian way that can't be imitated by anyone else. Loosing Robin would be a kick in the ass for GN'R and their live performances.

Although GN'R is a band wich Axl can change anytime he wants, I would say that GN'R's sound today is "Robin dependet".

The thing here is that Axl has a great "eye" for giutar player and chooses unique ones. And when it's time to replace them you will never find the right one to pretend that nothing has happened. If not, see what happened with Buckethead.

Las penas son de nosotros, las vaquitas son ajenas.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3357 on: October 04, 2008, 03:17:47 PM »

We can't force Robin to comeback to GnR if he doesn't want to.  Yes it would be a major blow in my opinion but you know what ? Robin's a grown man he can make up his own decisions and I think he know's who he loves playing with and that's Guns N' Roses.  NIN is his first band and he wanted to go play with them so until that's over with I don't see gnr needing him at that point.  Only thing that concerns me a tad is if they make a music video other than that let the man do what he want's to do.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3358 on: October 04, 2008, 03:33:04 PM »

Robin? We don't know!

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/51203-trent-reznor-planning-nin-iyear-zeroi-tv-series
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2008/08/trent-reznor.html

Well, in these article say that Reznor plans to make a TV series with ''Year Zero'', and for that reason there will be no NIN in 2009. Robin could be 100% available in  2 or three months.

We still do not have a release date. Everybody agrees promotion takes 2 months. That's the time (more or less) that Robin will be unavailable (almost the same for Dizzy and Richard)

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3359 on: October 04, 2008, 03:39:38 PM »

I don't like speculation but figure this out:

Guns N' Roses will release (i hope) Chinese Democracy in November
NIN finish the tour in February (at least...that were the last announced dates)
Reznor will dissapear at least a year to make his project...
A promoting tour of Chinese Democracy in 2009 is factible if Chinese come out in November . Robin will be free and he'll re-join GN'R for the tour...

I hope I could quote this in seven or eight months and say: "I was right"...

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: