Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:28:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 786230 times)
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #3320 on: October 02, 2008, 10:56:00 PM »

Saw Robin with NIN last night in Oakland.  I have to say that GnR will be better off if he is back in the fold once Democracy truly kicks off. 

He has awesome stage presence and is truly a lead guitarist. 

The new look is a little more goth (combining the 2002 era with some type of dreadlocks), but the beard could be grown back relatively quickly.   ok

Why do you need Robin to grow his beard back?   confused
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #3321 on: October 03, 2008, 01:28:56 AM »

NIN are touring Australia in feb, can't see them getting a new guitarist between now and then. I say he is gone gone gone.

Personally, I don't see how that means much of anything as of October 3rd. A lot can change in the world of GN'R between now and February (i.e. the release of one of the most anticipated rock albums of all time)... including Robin's "status" with the band. Would any one be surprised if Axl didn't talk to the rest of the band until after the album release is finalized or even actually happens and it's time to pull together a touring band? I wouldn't suggest it... but I also wouldn't be shocked either...

In the meantime... I think it's impossible to guess what Robin's reaction will be if and when he actually is contacted by Axl or band management... especially just based on NIN Australian tour dates next February (contracts can be broken... for a price).

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3322 on: October 03, 2008, 09:10:33 AM »

NIN are touring Australia in feb, can't see them getting a new guitarist between now and then. I say he is gone gone gone.

Personally, I don't see how that means much of anything as of October 3rd. A lot can change in the world of GN'R between now and February (i.e. the release of one of the most anticipated rock albums of all time)... including Robin's "status" with the band. Would any one be surprised if Axl didn't talk to the rest of the band until after the album release is finalized or even actually happens and it's time to pull together a touring band? I wouldn't suggest it... but I also wouldn't be shocked either...

In the meantime... I think it's impossible to guess what Robin's reaction will be if and when he actually is contacted by Axl or band management... especially just based on NIN Australian tour dates next February (contracts can be broken... for a price).

GnR conducted massive world tours in the past with only 2 guitarists; I'm sure they could do the same if robin's off being robin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3323 on: October 03, 2008, 09:21:30 AM »

GnR conducted massive world tours in the past with only 2 guitarists; I'm sure they could do the same if robin's off being robin

That's logical. Because every tour since 2000 has been with three guitar players.

Shocked

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3324 on: October 03, 2008, 10:32:41 AM »

That's logical. Because every tour since 2000 has been with three guitar players.

Shocked

/jarmo

Plus, GNR had no problem finding a 'third guitarist' two weeks before the Hammerstein shows for the 2006/2007 tours and that seems to have worked out nicely for everyone concerned so I don't see it being an issue IF the need arises to find another 'third guitarist'.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3325 on: October 03, 2008, 11:16:21 AM »

Shocked

/jarmo

Plus, GNR had no problem finding a 'third guitarist' two weeks before the Hammerstein shows for the 2006/2007 tours and that seems to have worked out nicely for everyone concerned so I don't see it being an issue IF the need arises to find another 'third guitarist'.

But I don't wanna a "third guitarist", I want Robin on Guns N' Roses.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3326 on: October 03, 2008, 11:26:16 AM »

And some people want BH ..... so the point being that even IF that person doesn't want to be in the band anymore, GNR doesn't seem to have any problem getting a top-of-the-line replacement. 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #3327 on: October 03, 2008, 12:46:34 PM »

this is lame Sad

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3328 on: October 03, 2008, 01:51:37 PM »

And some people want BH ..... so the point being that even IF that person doesn't want to be in the band anymore, GNR doesn't seem to have any problem getting a top-of-the-line replacement. 

I got it Gypsy Soul, I understood what you said. But Robin is more than a guitarrist (at least for me...) is not a thing of "get a top-of-the-line replacement"...IS ROBIN FINCK FOR GOD SAKE!

overmatik
« Reply #3329 on: October 03, 2008, 02:49:37 PM »

Sorry man, but by now you should have realized that no one is irreplaceable in this band. Is all about Axl. The other guys are just employees, no matter what people may say about it.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3330 on: October 03, 2008, 03:10:36 PM »

Sorry man, but by now you should have realized that no one is irreplaceable in this band. Is all about Axl. The other guys are just employees, no matter what people may say about it.

Just Employees? Employees? Man, like it or not, those guys are Guns N' Roses.  Reading what you wrote I wonder...What are you doing in this forum?

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3331 on: October 03, 2008, 03:21:19 PM »

Just Employees? Employees? Man, like it or not, those guys are Guns N' Roses.  Reading what you wrote I wonder...What are you doing in this forum?

Considering what people say about other certain ex-members, I find it odd you'd feel like that
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3332 on: October 03, 2008, 04:47:08 PM »

Robin is a big part of the overall sound on the new stuff. He is not someone you can hire a replacement for. We'll just have to see how this plays out ( as always)

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
overmatik
« Reply #3333 on: October 03, 2008, 04:52:36 PM »

What everyone else is doing, holding to Axl. I quit worrying about who's inside or out of the band a long time ago. I mean, if Slash is gone and I'm still here, for who would I be sad for?
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #3334 on: October 03, 2008, 07:02:02 PM »

robin has not added nin dates after the december dates. don't know if that means something. he's not updating too often these days it seems. but i'll keep an eye on that...

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3335 on: October 04, 2008, 09:37:44 AM »

Finck's status worries me MORE than CD's status...

I would wait for CD another whole year if I could be sure Robin's still in the band...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3336 on: October 04, 2008, 10:49:19 AM »

I would wait for CD another whole year if I could be sure Robin's still in the band...

Can't please everyone...

Basically you're a Robin fan?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
overmatik
« Reply #3337 on: October 04, 2008, 11:37:34 AM »

You're on your own there... Smiley

For damn sure he's not talking for me either  Grin. I mean, the album is ready, so by now even Axl may leave the band if he wants... hihi
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3338 on: October 04, 2008, 11:44:58 AM »

Can't please everyone...

Basically you're a Robin fan?

/jarmo

No Jarmo, he isn't. But you got to admit that Robin is an emblem of GN'R now. He's a key piece on the band...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3339 on: October 04, 2008, 11:53:40 AM »

But you got to admit that Robin is an emblem of GN'R now. He's a key piece on the band...

It's a team. And if he chooses to play for another team when this team is ready for their own games, you can't expect the rest just to sit and wait for his return.

Personally I can understand what he's saying, he likes the guy. Fair enough.

But to say that the album should be postponed is pretty ridiculous.

If GN'R is his main priority, he'll be back as soon as he's needed. If it isn't, well......

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: