Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:26:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 785873 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3240 on: August 13, 2008, 03:53:23 PM »

For example, right now you could say the timing is right because of the Olympics in China. Olympics -> China -> Chinese Democracy -> release the album WOOOOO!
I have never and would never make that kind of assumption/ correlation.

So a single announcement with just a release date wouldn't be enough?
that would be fine too

You on the other hand, fear "the worst".

It's kinda the opposite.

You almost take something positive and twist into meaning something negative.

Like: "Great, we get a new song, but the album's not coming out".

Basically when you have to add that "but", it becomes something different.

Im not fearing the worst. Im following the GNr trends. I have been following this band for 8 years. My assumption that SR is just a song for a video game and is not the lead single/starting point for the RELEASE of CD is a logical and realistic one. 8 yrs is a lot to go on.

You only have yourself to blame. Nobody else.
Should I have left the arena in 2002 at MSG when they played The Blues, Madagascar, and CD?
Should I have left the rail in 2006 at Hammerstein, or my seats at MSG or NJ, when they played those songs along with Better and TWAT?

Should I have shut off the VMAs in 2002 when they busted into Madagascar?
Should I shut off the bootlegs I bought back in the day when I wanted to see my favorite band?

No. Every time we have had some kind of announcement, people have taken things out of context.
So I guess fans are wrong for assuming that when GNR announce that they will be introducing a new song in a major game that they shouldnt expect anything after that. When your band hasnt released any music in well over a decade, and they come out of nowhere and say they are releasing a new song, that the fans shouldnt assume that GNR are finally ready to release CD. SIlly us.

Besides, I don't agree.

The real fans want to see GN'R and Axl. Period.

They support the band through everything.

They don't have all kinds of requirements for their support.
Whos not supporting the band through everything? Most of us are all still here alive and kicking. After all of these years.

You shy away from expectations because you dont want to pin any blame on your band. GNR can do no wrong. And that fine. Thats how you choose to follow GNR. But the majority are craving CD. They are expecting it. They have waited and waited and waited. And when things finally seem ready to take off, the band takes a few steps back.  And that is not whining, its not complaining, and its not negativity. Its reality.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 03:57:24 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3241 on: August 13, 2008, 04:19:14 PM »

For example, right now you could say the timing is right because of the Olympics in China. Olympics -> China -> Chinese Democracy -> release the album WOOOOO!
I have never and would never make that kind of assumption/ correlation.

Great. But as I said, it's easy to make all kinds of assumptions based on almost nothing.

Im not fearing the worst. Im following the GNr trends. I have been following this band for 8 years. My assumption that SR is just a song for a video game and is not the lead single/starting point for the RELEASE of CD is a logical and realistic one. 8 yrs is a lot to go on.

Let me ask you this. In those eight years, what other event has been exactly like what we're about to see unfold next month?

Should I have left the arena in 2002 at MSG when they played The Blues, Madagascar, and CD?
Should I have left the rail in 2006 at Hammerstein, or my seats at MSG or NJ, when they played those songs along with Better and TWAT?

Should I have shut off the VMAs in 2002 when they busted into Madagascar?
Should I shut off the bootlegs I bought back in the day when I wanted to see my favorite band?

Who bought the bootlegs?

You did.

Hearing a song live isn't exactly the same as hearing it on the record at home.

So I guess fans are wrong for assuming that when GNR announce that they will be introducing a new song in a major game that they shouldnt expect anything after that. When your band hasnt released any music in well over a decade, and they come out of nowhere and say they are releasing a new song, that the fans shouldnt assume that GNR are finally ready to release CD. SIlly us.

They're free to assume whatever they want.

Just don't fucking have the nerve to blame the band, the management, the crew or anybody else associated with the band when your own assumptions and dreams don't come true.

That's what happens time after time.

I thought you knew this?

Maybe this really is the first step. Maybe the next step is the album's release. I don't know.

I just don't get all pissed off and start attacking the band for missing a "great opportunity" if I don't hear about the release date next month after the game has been released......

Whos not supporting the band through everything? Most of us are all still here alive and kicking. After all of these years.

You just listed a bunch of conditions....

"We want new songs", "we want this", "we want that", "we want Buckethead....".

Here's a something to think about: You can't always get what you want....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3242 on: August 13, 2008, 04:22:13 PM »

On topic

I saw on Robin's site he has tour dates through November now.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3243 on: August 13, 2008, 06:08:24 PM »

It could of be worse Rockband 2 could be without Shacklers Revenge ! but we have a new management managing GnR and we have a new song we get to listen to.  Seem's like the ball is rolling to me ! have some patience just a little while longer.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3244 on: August 13, 2008, 06:47:49 PM »

Certainly jarmo you can understand the pessimism, right?  The band actually gave a release date once and qualified it with a statement that they would update us if they couldn't meet that date.  The update never came and the that was 18 month ago.  I love the band and support their music, but their approach has been ard to deal with as a die-hard fan.  I hope SR is the start of things, but if it is we should be getting more information real soon.  Mysteron stated we would get an update about the availability of SR on Itunes.  At a minimum I am expecting that much.  I think every diehard fan of GNR deserves to be pessimistic until we have CD in our hands.  There is nothing at all wrong with that way of thinking.  It doesn't mean anyone is less of a fan.  I am the biggest GNR I know and I will remain pessimistic about the release of CD until I have it in hand.  I still can't wait for SR and hope for the best.  But GNR has themselves created the pessimism.  No one else.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3245 on: August 13, 2008, 06:53:32 PM »

Certainly jarmo you can understand the pessimism, right?  The band actually gave a release date once and qualified it with a statement that they would update us if they couldn't meet that date. 

TENTATIVE RELEASE DATE

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ben9785
« Reply #3246 on: August 13, 2008, 07:28:49 PM »

I think we should get some more general news relating the state of GNR around the time of "Shackler's Revenge" release.

Perhaps Robin may get asked about it at some point on tour with NIN?

Although I imagine Axl would be the one to release a statement regarding the song itself
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 07:30:47 PM by ben857 » Logged
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3247 on: August 13, 2008, 09:17:59 PM »

I think we should get some more general news relating the state of GNR around the time of "Shackler's Revenge" release.

Perhaps Robin may get asked about it at some point on tour with NIN?

Robin is on tour with NIN I doubt he will respond to any GnR related questions.

Although I imagine Axl would be the one to release a statement regarding the song itself

Axl has already released a statement Shacklers Revenge a track off the upcoming Guns N' Roses album Chinese Democracy will be in Rockband 2 release for Xbox 360 console.  My personal opinion the next update we will have from Guns N' Roses is a release date.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3248 on: August 14, 2008, 01:38:22 AM »

not sure if its been posted but Robin posted more dates that extend into late Nov.

Sucks it had to unfold this way

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3249 on: August 14, 2008, 01:41:27 AM »

not sure if its been posted but Robin posted more dates that extend into late Nov.

its nothing new, the dates were posted on NIN.com for a few weeks now.  i dont know what you're whining about.   If you like Robin and want to see him play, go see NIN this summer.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #3250 on: August 14, 2008, 02:32:23 AM »

its nothing new, the dates were posted on NIN.com for a few weeks now.  i dont know what you're whining about.   If you like Robin and want to see him play, go see NIN this summer.

Robin Finck, as an American has the right to do whatever he wants.

I love teh intrawebz tr0lls that have nothing better to do than complain all the damn time.

crying
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3251 on: August 14, 2008, 02:34:05 AM »

Robin Finck, as an American has the right to do whatever he wants.

I love teh intrawebz tr0lls that have nothing better to do than complain all the damn time.

crying

Are you for real?  Do you think that if he'd been Canadian or English he would not have been able to make these decisions?  To quote Axl - Oh My God.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #3252 on: August 14, 2008, 02:40:14 AM »

Who cares what his nationality is!

This thread has been active for four months about people complaining about Robin playing in another band.

Troll.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3253 on: August 14, 2008, 02:44:26 AM »

Well clearly you do since you brought it up.  Roll Eyes

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3254 on: August 14, 2008, 10:43:46 AM »

Sucks it doesn't say 'more dates to come' anymore. and yes it's old news.

I don't think anyone's complying about no cd in the Olympic ceremony.
Besides 08/08/08 was actually a great day for GNR fans with a huge chat with Ron. see I'm always right. hihi

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #3255 on: August 14, 2008, 11:59:23 AM »

I'm going to see him with NIN at Voodoo Fest in New Orleans.

Robin loose in New Orleans should be interesting ok

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3256 on: August 16, 2008, 02:42:12 PM »

More NIN dates announced (October 18 - December 13)...

No G N' R Tour until 2009...Huh

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #3257 on: August 16, 2008, 03:11:03 PM »

if there was going to be any touring in 2008 it would most likely have been announced already or within the next month.   
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3258 on: August 16, 2008, 10:34:43 PM »

if there was going to be any touring in 2008 it would most likely have been announced already or within the next month.   

The 2006 North American tour that started in October of that year was announced at the end of September.

Also, the band has played shows with "only" a months (or less) notice (Las Vegas, San Francisco, Greece, Turkey and London etc).

It's also wise to consider what the GN'R press release said "When we begin to put tour plans together we'll see where things are at. Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans.".

Notice how it says when GN'R are putting their plans together?

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #3259 on: August 16, 2008, 10:50:41 PM »

The 2006 North American tour that started in October of that year was announced at the end of September.

Also, the band has played shows with "only" a months (or less) notice (Las Vegas, San Francisco, Greece, Turkey and London etc).

It's also wise to consider what the GN'R press release said "When we begin to put tour plans together we'll see where things are at. Until then, Robin's touring with NIN and we're working with management on our game plans.".

Notice how it says when GN'R are putting their plans together?

/jarmo

yea, end of september would be just over a month from now.   of course theres always the possiblity of doing a few one off shows like they've done in vegas for new years in the past, and if they do, i'm there!

From that statement i gather (at that point in time), they hadn't begun making tour plans.   What i'm saying is, I don't expect a 2008 tour at this point, and didn't someone from the GnR camp say the bands priority at this point was getting the album out first, and then touring?

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to see GnR in 2008.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: