Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:28:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 785624 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3200 on: August 12, 2008, 04:25:25 PM »

so then why did you point out that Robin did not say "more dates to come" after he posted the additional dates?

To shed some positive light on the situation for falder who couldn't get to see GNR in sa.

basically why are you a robin hater bothering with this thread? to spread hate? Roll Eyes
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #3201 on: August 12, 2008, 06:02:11 PM »

I'm just thrilled that Robin is gonna play here in Brazil. Smiley

And I got what ppbebe said and I agree!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3202 on: August 12, 2008, 06:13:01 PM »

Gypsy, U arent worthy of my time seriously. I mean someone who has half their posts in a stupid birthday thread have really no right to say anything.

Shackler's being on CD doesnt necessarily mean the album is coming out anytime soon.

Madagascar last I checked is on CD and we've heard that song for over 7 years now.

There has been no date for a single release or a video as of yet and RB II is coming out in a month.

If Robin is in the band and is touring with NIN till the end of Nov, CD is either released without him or way ass late in December and most holiday releases come out by November.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #3203 on: August 12, 2008, 06:26:32 PM »

Gypsy, U arent worthy of my time seriously. I mean someone who has half their posts in a stupid birthday thread have really no right to say anything.

I don't think it really matters where someone posts or how many posts they have.

I mean, if that was true you'd be a goldmine of insight.
jbreezy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3204 on: August 12, 2008, 06:31:02 PM »

D is right, wiht no official date and no official single release, we as fans are still in the fuckin dark.....the same pitch as it was five or more years ago.      I can't wait for shackler's, but then again I was in the same spot for Oh My God, know what I mean...........I love axl, but this is the way the river runs.      Again..........I'm a long timer reader that almost never posts........I've beeen checkin for, well, since forever, and til the band or record company speaks, I'll save my excitement.
Again....thank you Jarmo for all your effort over the last how ever many years.
Josh

"Look up at me, you see a God.
Look down on me, you see a fool.
Look straight at me, you see yourself."
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3205 on: August 12, 2008, 06:38:02 PM »

I'm just thrilled that Robin is gonna play here in Brazil. Smiley

And I got what ppbebe said and I agree!

Too bad NIN isn't playing NYC.....why the fuck they'd play east rutherford rather than NYC is beyond me but oh well
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #3206 on: August 12, 2008, 07:01:56 PM »

I don't think it really matters where someone posts or how many posts they have.

I tend to find D's posts quite interesting. He has a love of the band, but an element of realism to his posts.

there are lots of fans here, who are, in a word, delusional. They just love the band so much that all common sense goes out the window. which aint the owrst thing in the world, but can be irritating from time to time.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3207 on: August 12, 2008, 07:05:27 PM »

I tend to find D's posts quite interesting. He has a love of the band, but an element of realism to his posts.

Don't confuse realism with ignorance.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3208 on: August 12, 2008, 07:16:28 PM »

UH

Check the stats

I contribute to This section, VR, Fun N Games, Jungle, Bad Obsession

Gypsy

Happy birthday random forum member who hasnt posted here in 4 years.  YEAH!

thank u Daviebuckethead! U are exactly right. I love the band but I am a true fan that doesn't believe u have to agree with everything someone does to be a fan.  Every artist I like does shit I dont like and I call them on it. If I think something isn't cool or I don't agree with something, I voice it.
I thought message forums were for honest opinions.

To be on topic since that is what we are suppose to be doing instead of insulting forum members, I still don't see why people think CD is coming out this year. Robin is on tour with another band till almost December, and that tour is so successsful, they may keep it going. We have a song from CD in Rockband II but has anyone said anything about that signaling the albums release?

I want to believe this is the start of everything also, but I will no longer allow myself to get overexcited because history has shown us, that we should wait for an "Official" release date, before getting our hopes up. This is a great first step, but who knows where this will lead.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 07:20:22 PM by D » Logged

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #3209 on: August 12, 2008, 07:23:42 PM »

Just so everyone's clear:

quan?ti?ty
?noun,

a considerable or great amount

qual?i?ty
-noun,-adjective

high grade; superiority; excellence
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3210 on: August 12, 2008, 07:26:59 PM »

I love the band but I am a true fan that doesn't believe u have to agree with everything someone does to be a fan.  Every artist I like does shit I dont like and I call them on it. If I think something isn't cool or I don't agree with something, I voice it.
I thought message forums were for honest opinions.

Even if it's "honest misinformed and ignorant opinions"?

Like now I see some of you claiming Shackler's Revenge being in Rock Band 2 is like Oh My God being in End Of Days.

WRONG!

#1: It's an album track confirmed on gunsnroses.com
#2: The album is done!

So, by ignoring those facts, you keep posting your "honest opinion" which is nothing but ignorance.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3211 on: August 12, 2008, 07:30:05 PM »

Wow, how about that, A Mod who has absolutely nothing to lend to the conversation and just wants to attack a forum member. Great job there! ok
What have u ever added to any GNR discussions? cause I guarantee one wouldnt find a single noteworthy post at all from u. I like how everyone throws out the troll word when this is what Adz is doing right now.

I am weighing the pros and cons of this release. It just seems if CD were coming out, Robin wouldn't be on tour with another band. What? U wait 10 years and just as the album is coming out u leave? that really makes no sense at all.

Jarmo:
Not comparing Shackler's and Oh My God and I never said the album WASNT DONE. show me a single post where I said CD wasnt DONE. I stated there hasn't been a release date yet.

So...... The album, until there is a release date, could come out This year, or they could wait to March. facts are, until there is a release date, I think we should just chill and see what happens.

When a release date is announced, THEN we can go crazy.

Once again, find one of my posts where I threw out something misinformed or ignorant. one post!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3212 on: August 12, 2008, 07:40:54 PM »

Once again, find one of my posts where I threw out something misinformed or ignorant. one post!

Im starting to wonder if Shackler's is another Oh My God type one off deal and not necessarily the beginning of CD.

Pretty ignorant since the cases aren't really alike at all.

Like I mentioned in my previous post.

Another example:

U give me a room full of instruments in a studio and u give Robin those same instruments in a studio and I guarantee I write \better songs cause  I am a better "overall" musician than this clown.  The only thing he does better than me on a guitar is play other people's shit.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 07:58:35 PM by jarmo » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3213 on: August 12, 2008, 07:53:44 PM »

Maybe I didn't articulate what I was trying to say properly.

What I was trying to say was:  Maybe Shackler's isnt necessarily signaling the release of the album. Sure its on the album but that doesn't 100 percent guarantee a release date is near.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3214 on: August 12, 2008, 08:01:37 PM »

Maybe I didn't articulate what I was trying to say properly.

What I was trying to say was:  Maybe Shackler's isnt necessarily signaling the release of the album. Sure its on the album but that doesn't 100 percent guarantee a release date is near.

No, it's not a guarantee.

But consider the facts that the album is done and that the track is gonna be on that album, and maybe you can see that there's signs there that say there's gonna be a release....

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3215 on: August 12, 2008, 08:14:50 PM »

of course theres going to be a release.   they've haven't been working all these years for nothing.   it might not be as fast as people wish, but the music will come out when the time is right.   

U give me a room full of instruments in a studio and u give Robin those same instruments in a studio and I guarantee I write \better songs cause  I am a better "overall" musician than this clown.  The only thing he does better than me on a guitar is play other people's shit.

don't do drugs mkay?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3216 on: August 12, 2008, 08:51:18 PM »

just because the album might be done doesnt mean anything. D is right on the money in regards to what SR could be. We could be getting a press release in a month or so with Axl saying something to the effect of what he said when OMG came out. And that is scary.

When we have an official announcement or when the label comes out and says that they have the masters is when Ill start anticipating the album. I think until then we are not much closer to the release of CD. Throw in Robin touring with NIN, it limits GNR from doing anything(if they wanted to) anytime soon.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3217 on: August 12, 2008, 08:53:54 PM »

just because the album might be done doesnt mean anything.

Of course not!

Never mind that the album being finished is the first requirement for its actual release!

Roll Eyes

Obviously trying to explain this to someone who thinks "90% done" or "almost done" is the same as finished seems like a waste of time....

This is exactly what I don't get with some of you.

You take something positive (in this case, getting a new track to listen to) and turn it into something you can whine about.

You just can't be happy and excited about something for too long before you have to start your fucking whining again.

It seems like it's almost like an addiction to some of you.....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 09:02:33 PM by jarmo » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3218 on: August 12, 2008, 09:02:30 PM »

we arent saying the album ISNT coming out. Just simply stating, People are Assuming that CD is gonna be out in Oct/Nov and I am stating that with ROBIN on tour, I just can't see them releasing an album when their Lead Guitar player is gonna be unavailable.

SR could test the waters and then a release could come in early December but hell, it could come out early 09. The basic point I am making Jarmo, is something u have stated for years:

Until u hear an OFFICIAL release date, don't get your hopes up or assume. Unless of course u know something we don't.

Jim Bob, I was making a point in that post u quoted and I am not regurgitating that point. I stand by my statement and just let it go. ok

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3219 on: August 12, 2008, 09:06:38 PM »

we arent saying the album ISNT coming out. Just simply stating, People are Assuming that CD is gonna be out in Oct/Nov and I am stating that with ROBIN on tour, I just can't see them releasing an album when their Lead Guitar player is gonna be unavailable.

We don't even know what kind of plans Robin have regarding GN'R at this point.

For a so called realist, you sure as hell don't sound too realistic.

You've managed to ignore the fact that the band clearly stated that once they have touring plans, they'll see where things are at.

Does it sound like they're gonna push back the album's release because of Robin to you?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: