Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:19:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 785409 times)
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #3160 on: August 12, 2008, 06:25:36 AM »

One thing i noticed on every single show i saw on the 06 tour was how young the crowd was. I was really surprices by that considering the lack of new material, promotion, bubblegum etc...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #3161 on: August 12, 2008, 06:56:01 AM »

D I think you are way off, in the assumption, as erose above me just stated , most of the fans ae way younger, and dig the music, and know who GNR are now, they just wait, they are the one goin to the NIN shows with robin, (do you think hes playing only to 40something + people) , I think your view is really naive, I think you hardly go out to clubs, anymore, and see the scene cause I dunno if you did here in NYC< you would see how much GNR is played, And I will say that those new kids out here, know who GNR now are, and just bide the time. I know I go out to these places.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #3162 on: August 12, 2008, 07:11:33 AM »

Robin could look at it like this

He is worshiped by NIN fans whereas the GNR community is somewhat polarized on him.

GNR will play the VMA's as they have to attract a new audience unfortunately.

I dont think Guns N Roses "needs to attract a new audience."  They are Guns N Roses.....the name is legendary....I dont think they have to go on MTV to try and sell themselves.."CD" will sell with or without MTV's help...its not 1990 anymore...its not like MTV actually means anything...its another reality show channel like Bravo or TLC at this point...

No offense but u are a delusional GNR fan if u believe that.

GNR have to have exposure, every band has to have exposure or u arent going to sell. the young kids and MTV crowd drive record sales, they are gonna need to sell records.

See, to us, it doesnt matter what CD sells, but to the band and the label, that shit matters.

For once, at least, I have to agree with shadows, are the VMAs even relavent? I see it as some kind of Diddy/Paris fuckfest of the of the mentally inpaired.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3163 on: August 12, 2008, 08:23:46 AM »

How is it Naive? If u dont think GNR arent gonna try to play to the masses of Jonas Bros fans u are crazy. They will do what they can to get as much exposure as possible.

Here is where people fuck up in life and on here. Just because something isn't "Important" to u, doesn't mean it isn't important. See what I'm sayin? Its like the person that drives by a certain restaurant and says "how does that place stay in business. Well, that is because u may not like it but plenty of other people do.

The schedule is no coincidence. RB II is happening to come out mid Septemeber. GNR will be doing something, I guarantee to promote that game.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3164 on: August 12, 2008, 08:37:17 AM »

as for not alot of love for the band-sorry-

you don't think spending a good bit of your time posting on a board for a band you don't love is a little bit weird?

and the 2002 tour kicked ass when the nights they made it on stage.

I heard that about the MSG show from 2 people I know that were there-was suppose to see them the followng night
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3165 on: August 12, 2008, 08:39:16 AM »

you don't think spending a good bit of your time posting on a board for a band you don't love is a little bit weird?

don't really know what the fuck your talking about because the GnR albums that are available are like my favorite  albums of all time
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3166 on: August 12, 2008, 08:40:55 AM »

One thing i noticed on every single show i saw on the 06 tour was how young the crowd was. I was really surprices by that considering the lack of new material, promotion, bubblegum etc...

alot of their fan base from the earlier days have moved on or given up on them already Cry
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #3167 on: August 12, 2008, 08:51:31 AM »

alot of their fan base from the earlier days have moved on or given up on them already Cry

Really? That I didn't notice...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3168 on: August 12, 2008, 08:56:21 AM »

How is it Naive? If u dont think GNR arent gonna try to play to the masses of Jonas Bros fans u are crazy. They will do what they can to get as much exposure as possible.

Here is where people fuck up in life and on here. Just because something isn't "Important" to u, doesn't mean it isn't important. See what I'm sayin? Its like the person that drives by a certain restaurant and says "how does that place stay in business. Well, that is because u may not like it but plenty of other people do.

The schedule is no coincidence. RB II is happening to come out mid Septemeber. GNR will be doing something, I guarantee to promote that game.
Is NIN taking a break from Sept. 6 through Oct. 4, or is that just Robin?  It could be coincidence.  Maybe just a little break for the band before they hit the ground running again.  I find it hard to believe that 2 bands would work around Robin's schedule so he can work with both bands.  If that was the case is 1 month enough to promote/drum up interest for a record that's 9+ years in the making?  I tend to think not.  Now this is just my opinion, but if Robin still has a place in GNR I think CD is still a long way from being released.  If GNR is no longer part of his plans, we'll have to hear about that before we get any updates on CD.  Unfortunately, this story seems far from over.  Feel free to shed some positive light on the situation because I'm struggling to see it right now.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #3169 on: August 12, 2008, 09:06:42 AM »

^^^

i think thats is the mos insightful things that has been said in this thread to date. If Robin really IS still in GNR, CD is miles away

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3170 on: August 12, 2008, 09:20:35 AM »

I can't see releasing CD with Robin off on  a NIN tour. It just doesn't make sense. Sure Axl can make apperances etc without him but thats not really a "BAND" that is Axl Rose and a bunch of hired musicians. I want this to be a "BAND" i want interviews not from just Axl but the other members or else I can't really see this band as truly GNR.

They contributed just as much as Axl and deserve their time in the spotlight.  They can't release an album with a member on tour with another band. that is just beyond ridiculous.

Im starting to wonder if Shackler's is another Oh My God type one off deal and not necessarily the beginning of CD.

mnsotapop
Rocker

Wake up, its time to dieeeeeee

« Reply #3171 on: August 12, 2008, 09:32:46 AM »

this site is for people who love the band

That's BS.  You don't have to "love" the band to care about the music/band, etc.  Having perspective isn't a bad thing.  Everyone can't be drinking the Kool-Aid all the time. 

Alpine Valley, WI 5/91
Target Center, Mpls MN 1/92
Metrodome w/ Metallica, Mpls MN 9/92
Fargo Dome, Fargo ND 3/21/93
Target Center, the "Buckethead" tour
Target Center 11/13/11
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3172 on: August 12, 2008, 09:47:16 AM »

That's BS.  You don't have to "love" the band to care about the music/band, etc.  Having perspective isn't a bad thing.  Everyone can't be drinking the Kool-Aid all the time. 

Nobody's forcing any opinion on you.

But this site is for people who are fans and who support GN'R.

Just so you know what kind of crowd you're in.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mnsotapop
Rocker

« Reply #3173 on: August 12, 2008, 09:53:25 AM »

Nobody's forcing any opinion on you.

But this site is for people who are fans and who support GN'R.

Just so you know what kind of crowd you're in.

/jarmo

I know Jarmo...  I've been around for awhile and bow down before you  Grin
     July 21, 2004, 06:50:15 PM

Alpine Valley, WI 5/91
Target Center 11/13/11
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3174 on: August 12, 2008, 09:56:22 AM »

U have been here 4 years and have 67 posts?

I think i just made 67 posts during one listen of Coma.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #3175 on: August 12, 2008, 10:00:04 AM »

The NIN tour has one more date, just added, in Argentina, October 2nd. The gap is not only for Robin, it's between the end of the NA tour and the beginning of the South American leg. Most likely just a break for recovering up the band.

don't really know what the fuck your talking about because the GnR albums that are available are like my favorite  albums of all time
So you have plenty of space discussing this version of the band in other sections (like Dead Horse).

ps: D, your avatar kick ass!

mnsotapop
Rocker

« Reply #3176 on: August 12, 2008, 10:02:33 AM »

I'm pretty quiet  peace

Alpine Valley, WI 5/91
Target Center 11/13/11
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3177 on: August 12, 2008, 11:04:46 AM »

Im starting to wonder if Shackler's is another Oh My God type one off deal and not necessarily the beginning of CD.
one off deal??

Typical D  Roll Eyes  just ignoring the FACT that the official GNR site confirms that it's a track on the album.

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080714&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

Get ready for "Shackler's Revenge." The track from the upcoming Guns N' Roses album Chinese Democracy will appear on the video game Rock Band 2, slated for release for the Xbox 360 platform in September.

U have been here 4 years and have 67 posts?

I think i just made 67 posts during one listen of Coma.
So you finally admit you're a spammer and troll.  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3178 on: August 12, 2008, 11:57:36 AM »

Really? That I didn't notice...

well, the people I know from that period did
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #3179 on: August 12, 2008, 12:05:41 PM »

I am from that period. A lot of people here are too, I guess (jazjme, jarmo....).

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: