Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:26:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 785063 times)
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3140 on: August 10, 2008, 10:35:04 AM »

I love Robin, I want Robin in GN'R but pics of Robin smiling with Guns N' Roses doesn't mean that he was more happy with Guns N' Roses than he is with NIN.

Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3141 on: August 10, 2008, 11:50:09 AM »

I love Robin, I want Robin in GN'R but pics of Robin smiling with Guns N' Roses doesn't mean that he was more happy with Guns N' Roses than he is with NIN.
as most musicians they are Happy playing music.

Here Today..
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3142 on: August 10, 2008, 11:51:31 AM »

theres no use in trying to guess where he is happier.   unless he's actually said what he likes better.  I personally think the guy just likes to perform..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3143 on: August 10, 2008, 01:05:30 PM »

and we love seeing him perform.  Cheesy

All this picture posting stuff to prove he is happy or unhappy is bullshit! Robin LOVES to perform, it's what he does. No matter if it's with GNR, NIN, Led Zariel (I think that's how it's spelled) or with Cirque De Soliel.

I totally agree. I love Robin and really, really want him in GNR but he wants to perform. So thats what he is doing. I find him one of the greatest guitar players to watch perform.
I told him when I met him that I trully loved just watching him perform. Got a hug for that comment!!
Love ya Robin!

totally. That's what he lives for. (robin, hug me too!)
and true that  a guitarist not smiling while playing a sad song doesn't mean he's unhappy.

nevertheless those pics are great! thanks for posting.
BTW, why is Robin so bloody cool? drool( I might have missed the hug for this smily)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3144 on: August 10, 2008, 03:52:10 PM »

So Axl is prepared to see how the land lies when Robin is needed, there's no point jumping to conclusions now, when it's not affecting anything.

Perhaps us fans should do the same?

that would make the most sense out of anything else i've seen suggested.    people want to make up conspiracies and lies for the sake of gossip, and others just don't like robin and want to take the opportunity to talk shit. 

well I've suggested the same from the early page of this thread tho.

beware those who tried to spread hate. We're so out for shackler's revenge.  ok
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3145 on: August 11, 2008, 09:19:40 AM »

theres no use in trying to guess where he is happier.   unless he's actually said what he likes better.  I personally think the guy just likes to perform..

I understood that because Christos said: "Ok, here are some pictures for all the people that think Robin was unhappy in GN'R...".

I think I understand Robin, he's a musician, he wanna play...that's all.

But I don't know why, besides "more dates to come", I fell that Robin is going to be on NIN until the last date he posted on his site

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #3146 on: August 11, 2008, 10:33:05 AM »

I understood that because Christos said: "Ok, here are some pictures for all the people that think Robin was unhappy in GN'R...".

I think I understand Robin, he's a musician, he wanna play...that's all.

But I don't know why, besides "more dates to come", I fell that Robin is going to be on NIN until the last date he posted on his site

I think if Robin's decision was final, we'd have seen an update to his site by now.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3147 on: August 11, 2008, 11:12:39 AM »

i don't get the convo  Huh
isn't ulises saying he feels that the more dates with NIN won't come?

NIN has announced the dates up to october I think.  don't be upset if Robin's touring south america with NIN then, ulises.
Surely you're not expecting GNR to start to tour as early as this october, are you?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #3148 on: August 11, 2008, 11:51:57 AM »

Just a suggestion, they could bring in Paul Tobias to play Richard's parts, let Richard play Robin's parts etc. just for the VMA's

Wait a minute. Did I miss something?  When did we start assuming they would be at the VMA's.  Have you watched that thing in recent years?  I'm not sure why anyone would even want to be associated with it at this point.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3149 on: August 11, 2008, 12:01:51 PM »

maybe to save the state of vmas?

to be fair D did say
in case they play the VMA's?
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3150 on: August 11, 2008, 12:06:56 PM »

all this speculation is bizzare, when we are meant to know we will. As for the vmas, i cant see it, but if they were to do it and robin aint involved, perhaps if they really need 3 guitars, izzy can help out again.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #3151 on: August 11, 2008, 01:43:34 PM »

I wonder why people keep (like this banned guy) ignoring the new songs played live. It's like, if they weren't released in an album, they don't exist. So, if he indeed played his own music, why would he be happier to be in a band with zero writing contribution?

Anyways, I'm just glad that troll is not here anymore.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3152 on: August 11, 2008, 03:41:56 PM »

So Axl is prepared to see how the land lies when Robin is needed, there's no point jumping to conclusions now, when it's not affecting anything.

Perhaps us fans should do the same?

that would make the most sense out of anything else i've seen suggested.    people want to make up conspiracies and lies for the sake of gossip, and others just don't like robin and want to take the opportunity to talk shit. 

i love getting censored for no other reason than pointing out the obvious hihi

maybe because your posts are garbage, you are a GnR hating troll, and no one likes you.

if you say so Wink

i may not be as in love with the new band as others, but my no means do I hate them;

I just want to hear what they put out before rushing to judgement and so far, the only "official material" from the new lineup has been Oh My God

Talk about the leaks all you want, but until CD is out, we don't know if there going to be on there; and from what I've heard of them, there are quite a few that i don't care for.

And as for no one liking me, couldn't care less....the 2 shows I saw with the new lineup, one was among the best GnR shows I've ever seen (last hammerstein show w/ Izzy) and the other was mediocre (MSG) as the band was a little off
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #3153 on: August 11, 2008, 04:10:42 PM »

So you heard the band playing new songs, huh? So it weren't exactly "leaks" and still "official material".

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #3154 on: August 11, 2008, 09:27:39 PM »

i may not be as in love with the new band as others, but my no means do I hate them;

seriously, can we stop calling it 'the new band'.   its 2008, Gnr came back on the scene in 2001.   you don't hate them, but i sure as hell don't see a lot of love for the band.    this site is for people who love the band.     i know your agenda, its old and its tired and its been done 1000000 times before.   
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3155 on: August 11, 2008, 10:18:49 PM »

seriously, can we stop calling it 'the new band'.   its 2008, Gnr came back on the scene in 2001.   you don't hate them, but i sure as hell don't see a lot of love for the band.    this site is for people who love the band.     i know your agenda, its old and its tired and its been done 1000000 times before.   

if you say so-actually, it's a different version from the one that was on the scene in 2001-different drummer, and a new guitarist - they are actually a much more likeable band with bucket out and thal in- he actually seems like a good guy who's very approachable-just somewhat difficult to tell who plays what part with the lineup changes and all the revisions of the tracks I've heard

as for not alot of love for the band-sorry-but other than the 2006 tour and few unfinished leaks that should never have been leaked, there's not that big of a body of work to go on to judge

as for the 2001/2002 tour, well that was a train wreck from the video I saw on the web of it - the show I went to ended before it began.  two dreadful opening acts, a shitload of drunk people and a riot just before 11pm with the announcement GnR won't be playing.  ducking chairs flying from the rafters as well as trying to get my sisters out safely kind of took away the fun.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #3156 on: August 12, 2008, 05:15:09 AM »

as for not alot of love for the band-sorry-

you don't think spending a good bit of your time posting on a board for a band you don't love is a little bit weird?

and the 2002 tour kicked ass when the nights they made it on stage.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3157 on: August 12, 2008, 05:24:09 AM »

Robin could look at it like this

He is worshiped by NIN fans whereas the GNR community is somewhat polarized on him.

GNR will play the VMA's as they have to attract a new audience unfortunately.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #3158 on: August 12, 2008, 06:02:22 AM »

He is worshiped by NIN fans whereas the GNR community is somewhat polarized on him.

I dont think Guns N Roses "needs to attract a new audience."  They are Guns N Roses.....the name is legendary....I dont think they have to go on MTV to try and sell themselves.."CD" will sell with or without MTV's help...its not 1990 anymore...its not like MTV actually means anything...its another reality show channel like Bravo or TLC at this point...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3159 on: August 12, 2008, 06:21:37 AM »

I dont think Guns N Roses "needs to attract a new audience."  They are Guns N Roses.....the name is legendary....I dont think they have to go on MTV to try and sell themselves.."CD" will sell with or without MTV's help...its not 1990 anymore...its not like MTV actually means anything...its another reality show channel like Bravo or TLC at this point...

No offense but u are a delusional GNR fan if u believe that.

GNR have to have exposure, every band has to have exposure or u arent going to sell. the young kids and MTV crowd drive record sales, they are gonna need to sell records.

See, to us, it doesnt matter what CD sells, but to the band and the label, that shit matters.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: