Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:26:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 785444 times)
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3120 on: August 09, 2008, 11:13:33 AM »

that's only because you can't smile on stage at a nin concert - imagine robin with a big grin while singing the chorus to "head like a hole".  i'd be willing to put money on the fact that robin is happier working with trent than he would be sitting on his ass with gnr

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #3121 on: August 09, 2008, 01:22:01 PM »

So we can all agree that Robin's entire emotional landscape can be viewed by everyone through taking a glance on onstage pics of him performing?:O Smiling Robin=H?ppy Robin and not smiling Robin=Unh?ppy Robin?Cheesy

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 01:23:44 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #3122 on: August 09, 2008, 01:43:38 PM »

All this picture posting stuff to prove he is happy or unhappy is bullshit! Robin LOVES to perform, it's what he does. No matter if it's with GNR, NIN, Led Zariel (I think that's how it's spelled) or with Cirque De Soliel.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #3123 on: August 09, 2008, 07:00:53 PM »

All this picture posting stuff to prove he is happy or unhappy is bullshit! Robin LOVES to perform, it's what he does. No matter if it's with GNR, NIN, Led Zariel (I think that's how it's spelled) or with Cirque De Soliel.

I totally agree. I love Robin and really, really want him in GNR but he wants to perform. So thats what he is doing. I find him one of the greatest guitar players to watch perform.
I told him when I met him that I trully loved just watching him perform. Got a hug for that comment!!
Love ya Robin!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3124 on: August 09, 2008, 07:08:20 PM »

i just hate how some are talking as if he's already left GnR.   He hasn't.   He has never said anything of the sort.   Yet, there are a lot of people who put words in the guys mouth and say he left the band.    All we can do is wait until he either says something or until GnR tours again.   Until we hear otherwise, he is GnR's lead guitarist.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3125 on: August 09, 2008, 07:51:05 PM »

has the band even commented if he's still a member? other than robin being robin---kind of like manny being manny w/ the red sox and that got him traded to LA hihi

shit, if that other guy is replaceable, robin sure as hell is
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3126 on: August 09, 2008, 08:08:11 PM »

Ok, here are some pictures for all the people that think Robin was unhappy in GN'R...

God, what an unhappy guy this was...

Some advice you SHOULD take if you want to have a pleasant stay at HTGTH...

Stop trying to convince people you know what the fuck is going on.

You don't know shit. You never knew and you probably never will...

I've been on this board for 2 years and this is the best post i've ever seen.  You tell em Christos.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3127 on: August 09, 2008, 08:27:23 PM »

i love getting censored for no other reason than pointing out the obvious hihi
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3128 on: August 09, 2008, 08:38:48 PM »

i just hate how some are talking as if he's already left GnR.   He hasn't.   He has never said anything of the sort.   Yet, there are a lot of people who put words in the guys mouth and say he left the band.    All we can do is wait until he either says something or until GnR tours again.   Until we hear otherwise, he is GnR's lead guitarist.

i guess you've spoken to him lately and he told you he hasnt left?  b/c right now he's in NIN
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3129 on: August 09, 2008, 08:59:46 PM »

THERE'S NOTHING GOING ON IN GNR RIGHT NOW THEIR FOCUS IS PUTTING THE ALBUM  OUT !!! ROBIN HASN'T SAID ANYTHING THERE FOR HE'S STILL IN. 
'

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #3130 on: August 09, 2008, 09:10:06 PM »

It's all very simple really, Gun's have commented on this as;

When we begin to put tour plans together, we'll see where things are.

So Axl is prepared to see how the land lies when Robin is needed, there's no point jumping to conclusions now, when it's not affecting anything.

Perhaps us fans should do the same?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #3131 on: August 09, 2008, 09:22:09 PM »

i guess you've spoken to him lately and he told you he hasnt left?  b/c right now he's in NIN

since when is it impossible to be in 2 bands?   you should read up on all the things NIN drummer Josh Freese is currently involved in.    people like you want to go around and spread assumptions like they are fact.  its a wonder they haven't canned you yet.   how about you stop finding my posts and responding to them.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #3132 on: August 09, 2008, 09:28:11 PM »

So Axl is prepared to see how the land lies when Robin is needed, there's no point jumping to conclusions now, when it's not affecting anything.

Perhaps us fans should do the same?

that would make the most sense out of anything else i've seen suggested.    people want to make up conspiracies and lies for the sake of gossip, and others just don't like robin and want to take the opportunity to talk shit. 

maybe because your posts are garbage, you are a GnR hating troll, and no one likes you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3133 on: August 10, 2008, 04:34:23 AM »

You're getting "censored" because you're trying to fucking turn this thread into something else.

Just like all the other people who have usernames like yours.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3134 on: August 10, 2008, 04:35:41 AM »

The silence for me, is good news.

I think if Robin were gone, surely to hell we would've heard something by now.

Any word if Robin is available in case they play the VMA's?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #3135 on: August 10, 2008, 05:27:52 AM »

The silence for me, is good news.

I think if Robin were gone, surely to hell we would've heard something by now.

Any word if Robin is available in case they play the VMA's?

yeh, he has that night spare,
but wont he have to have time to rehearse?

btw, I cant believe we are 155+ pages and their is still no news if Robin is still in the band or not...

this is one long thread about something with no news on anything..

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3136 on: August 10, 2008, 05:54:22 AM »

Just a suggestion, they could bring in Paul Tobias to play Richard's parts, let Richard play Robin's parts etc. just for the VMA's

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #3137 on: August 10, 2008, 08:34:46 AM »

Just a suggestion, they could bring in Paul Tobias to play Richard's parts, let Richard play Robin's parts etc. just for the VMA's

I dont know why, but I laughed at that  and thought musical chairs...

anyways we are all just assuming gnr will be at the vmas,
so lets worry about IF they will be their or not before trying to find out who will be in nin, and what not

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3138 on: August 10, 2008, 09:08:57 AM »

If the Buckethead debacle proved anything it's that we wouldn't know what was going on until a day or two before the tour starts again.

But despite some strong opposition to my original theory I'm going to stick by it and say that he's doing both, and that both bands realize that having a connection to one another is good publicity. If you were in NIN and knew that every time a GnR article came around that you would be mentioned (by way of Finck) and vice versa you wouldn't say no to that free publicity.

And if GnR's somewhat relaxed schedule allows him to spend some time in NIN then good for him. I could be so lucky as to have the option to be in two really good bands making albums and touring. I would guess that Robin is super happy with his life right now (if he is in fact working as a member of both bands), he can be musically creative with Guns (something he really can't do in NIN), and he's definitely a born performer and with NIN he can go out, play NIN's songs (which are good but nothing technically demanding on guitar) and thrash around like a maniac and just be a spectacle. Fuck, I'd get up every morning and kiss myself in the mirror I'd be so happy.

I say just assume the best in the face of no real info and just figure that Robin has the perfect situation.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #3139 on: August 10, 2008, 10:12:32 AM »

They might be just fine playing some songs with just 2 guitars, depends on what it is and if we've heard it, though it would be nice to have Robin there
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: