Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:36:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 785522 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #3080 on: August 07, 2008, 11:33:05 PM »

Take Frank with you Ron.

And a gunny sack.

If you could dress as Grateful Dead bears that would be better.

Don't come back without him.  We're counting on you!

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Javier Ochoa
Banned
Opening Act

Rockin' Slash!

« Reply #3081 on: August 08, 2008, 04:30:17 AM »

It's Better to Finck to stay in NIN. He belongs there. Just look his current look. He seems so comfortable  beer

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #3082 on: August 08, 2008, 04:56:01 AM »

So you thought he looked uncomfortable the whole time he was on tour with GN'R over the last couple of years?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3083 on: August 08, 2008, 08:26:44 AM »

Nice to see Trent is still taking shots at Axl...what does this say about Robin, anything?
But Axl is a fan of NiN/Trent, it's just silly jokings peace
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 08:28:24 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3084 on: August 08, 2008, 08:29:52 AM »

However, Robin didn't left Guns N' Roses peace

It's better to some people to wait Slash's solo album or the name of Velvet's new singer. If they wait for Guns N' Roses' destruction they would be very frustrated.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #3085 on: August 08, 2008, 12:55:07 PM »

"and guitarist Robin Finck, who has returned to NIN after a decade with Guns n' Roses."

Both bands are getting press over the whole issue and 155 pages--lol.  The wording is all very carefully put and there are friendships involved, everyone's just letting the issue ride while there's a profit in it.  Robin leaving would not be the end of GNR, we've already had the proof of that.

Just my opinion with kudos to the PR people for working it so well.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #3086 on: August 08, 2008, 12:58:56 PM »

Nice to see Trent is still taking shots at Axl...what does this say about Robin, anything?

From this month's Rolling Stone interview with NIN:

As an experiment, Reznor gave away a pair of tickets for the tour's dress rehearsal by hiding an envelope under a rock in Burbank. Using a Google Earth link on his Website, Reznor indicated the tickets' location with a question mark. Fans quickly found the envelope. "Well, we couldn't leave that alone," Reznor says. "We hid another 30, in places from Watts Towers to behind a mirror in a strip-club restroom to a Home Depot." One envelope was hidden in a graveyard; the location was announced after it had closed for the day: "We wanted to see if anyone would break in, because I would've. And someone did." Reznor contemplated providing the location of Axl Rose's house and encouraging people to dig in his yard for tickets, "just to see how many people got arrested on his front lawn."

You gotta admit it must be a whole load of fun being a hardcore NIN fan

Here today...ready to rock
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3087 on: August 08, 2008, 01:22:17 PM »

I don't think trent has actually contemplated that. Or is he some obsessed GNR hardcore under 14?

Who the hell would want their fans to get arrested? 
Javier Ochoa
Banned
Opening Act

Rockin' Slash!

« Reply #3088 on: August 08, 2008, 01:52:37 PM »

So you thought he looked uncomfortable the whole time he was on tour with GN'R over the last couple of years?
I wouldn't say that, but, on my opinion, he seemed like being forced to have another look.

At 2001 he was very ''Finck''. Then at 2006 he had to made a big change because he didn't fit in GN'R and when he came back to NIN the change was instantly.

I don't know if Finck looked uncomfortable the whole time he's been with Axl. The only thing I know, and it's a fact, is that when he plays with Reznor we can see a REALLY HAPPY Robin Finck, with a look very Nine In Nails, and playing the kind of songs he has ever played and he likes. Check the photos, check the videos.

Finck has already left Guns N' Roses. I think this will happen again. In fact, possibly it's happening now...

And.....what do you want Finck with Axl for ?
It's the worst of the 3 guitarist. Bumble offers speed. Fortus offers rock, image, feeling. Finck offers...nothing. He belongs to Nine Inch Nails. You know that. You are afraid of Robin never coming back. Don't worry about it. Axl will hire another one...

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #3089 on: August 08, 2008, 02:55:31 PM »

I wouldn't say that, but, on my opinion, he seemed like being forced to have another look.

At 2001 he was very ''Finck''. Then at 2006 he had to made a big change because he didn't fit in GN'R and when he came back to NIN the change was instantly.

I don't know if Finck looked uncomfortable the whole time he's been with Axl. The only thing I know, and it's a fact, is that when he plays with Reznor we can see a REALLY HAPPY Robin Finck, with a look very Nine In Nails, and playing the kind of songs he has ever played and he likes. Check the photos, check the videos.
How the hell YOUR opinion can be a fact?

Personally, I see a musician way happier in 2006 than in 2002. But I don't fucking know what the hell he fells and I don't assume it.

Really, stop assuming your opinions as fact.

Finck has already left Guns N' Roses. I think this will happen again. In fact, possibly it's happening now...
Finck has already left NIN. I think this will happen again. In fact, possibly it's happening now...

And.....what do you want Finck with Axl for ?
It's the worst of the 3 guitarist. Bumble offers speed. Fortus offers rock, image, feeling. Finck offers...nothing.
Yeah, writing skills, feeling, performing.. Nothing. Ignorance is a blessing, people says...

He belongs to Nine Inch Nails. You know that. You are afraid of Robin never coming back. Don't worry about it. Axl will hire another one...
You know what? You don't even know what you're talking about. Again, assuming your opinion as fact, telling people what they know and where they belong. Keep it up! ok

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3090 on: August 08, 2008, 03:18:39 PM »

Here's what he said:

[Bumbumbleybumblefucker] 4:18 pm: Yes, will be Robin's guest at NIN in NJ in a few weeks....
[Bumbumbleybumblefucker] 4:19 pm: oh wait, I'm not PLAYING, just going to watch the show....!
[Bumbumbleybumblefucker] 4:20 pm: ***DAMAGE CONTROL ALERT*** I'm not performing with NIN ! ! !
[Bumbumbleybumblefucker] 4:21 pm: (just making sure y'all got that, lol)

Thanks Voodoo' beer

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3091 on: August 08, 2008, 04:34:21 PM »

just wondering... who is deleting posts on here?  and why?

anyway... it's pretty obvious that robin is going to remain with nin for some time (expect many more nin tour dates in the us, and a possibly a tour of europe to follow).  if in fact robin has stipulated that he will tour with nin until the gnr cd is ready to be released (as some of you have theorized), then this means that the release date is not "around the corner".  there is a difference between working on an obscure side project in the meantime and touring/recording with a well-known artist with an enormous stage production and huge back-catalog (so far they've learned/rehearsed 70+ songs).

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3092 on: August 08, 2008, 06:14:51 PM »

Here's Robin making his "REALLY HAPPY/thrilled to be back with NIN" face.

Quote from: bumblefoot
[Bumbumbleybumblefucker] 4:18 pm: Yes, will be Robin's guest at NIN in NJ in a few weeks....
[Bumbumbleybumblefucker] 4:19 pm: oh wait, I'm not PLAYING, just going to watch the show....!
[Bumbumbleybumblefucker] 4:20 pm: ***DAMAGE CONTROL ALERT*** I'm not performing with NIN ! ! !
[Bumbumbleybumblefucker] 4:21 pm: (just making sure y'all got that, lol)

oh barf  .......... oops, I mean .......... haha!!!  funny!!! *damage control* I get it.  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Javier Ochoa
Banned
Opening Act

Rockin' Slash!

« Reply #3093 on: August 08, 2008, 06:59:08 PM »

How the hell YOUR opinion can be a fact?

Personally, I see a musician way happier in 2006 than in 2002. But I don't fucking know what the hell he fells and I don't assume it.

Really, stop assuming your opinions as fact.
How the hell ? Just watch the new videos. Finck really enjoys playing in NIN. It's a fact he loves playing there but if you don't wanna believe it...ok....

Finck has already left NIN. I think this will happen again. In fact, possibly it's happening now...
No, it's not happening now. What is happening now is that Robin Finck is the current NIN guitar player but if you can't assume it...ok...

Yeah, writing skills, feeling, performing.. Nothing. Ignorance is a blessing, people says...
Well, what I said  there is just subjective. Personally i can't see the ''feeling'' in Robin Finck. You know, my guitar idol is Slash...so, you can't talk me about finding feeling in ''Robin Finck'' when I have seen SLASH on a stage. Different leagues.
Do you feel bad because one person thinks that Robin Finck can't offer nothing interesting as a musician ?
God bless you...

You know what? You don't even know what you're talking about. Again, assuming your opinion as fact, telling people what they know and where they belong. Keep it up! ok
Ok, i'm sorry. I didn't want to be so agressive....I guess I should learn to ask to people like you what can i say and what is not allowed.

Hey, I've found some pics for you. I bet you didn't see any of these :

peace

It's funny to enter here and find the same kind of users but english speakers instead spanish.

We will start to share more time together here  ok

Greetings.

Javier Ochoa, Villaluro.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 07:02:17 PM by Javier Ochoa » Logged

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #3094 on: August 08, 2008, 07:10:47 PM »

How the hell ? Just watch the new videos. Finck really enjoys playing in NIN. It's a fact he loves playing there but if you don't wanna believe it...ok....
I didn't know you missed all boots from 2006 then. My bad.

No, it's not happening now. What is happening now is that Robin Finck is the current NIN guitar player but if you can't assume it...ok...
So, what about your theory that if he did before, he'll do it again?

Well, what I said  there is just subjective.
No shit! So, don't take it as fact.

Personally i can't see the ''feeling'' in Robin Finck.
I didn't read that.

You know, my guitar idol is Slash...
WOW! I didn't see that coming!

so, you can't talk me about finding feeling in ''Robin Finck'' when I have seen SLASH on a stage. Different leagues.
Sure. Roll Eyes

Do you feel bad because one person thinks that Robin Finck can't offer nothing interesting as a musician ?
God bless you...
No, actually I don't feel bad. I can respect if you dislike him. I'm just amused how people often forget about writing and incense other players just because of technical skills/speed. As much as I love Richard and BBF (and Bucket, for that matter), Robin wrote key parts in the new songs.

Ok, i'm sorry. I didn't want to be so agressive....I guess I should learn to ask to people like you what can i say and what is not allowed.
If you want to make yourself looking like a fool, it's up to you. ok

Hey, I've found some pics for you. I bet you didn't see any of these :

Oh please. Just google for Robin pics in GNR.

It's funny to enter here and find the same kind of users but english speakers instead spanish.
Maybe the problem is not with the other users rather than yourself then.

Javier Ochoa
Banned
Opening Act

Rockin' Slash!

« Reply #3095 on: August 08, 2008, 07:35:22 PM »

I didn't know you missed all boots from 2006 then. My bad.
I didn't miss anything but Finck have always had a peculiar kind of look and he changed it for GN'R after the ''funny'' 2001-2002 . Now that he has return to NIN it's like he is the real Robin Finck again, i mean, i feel he is not genuine in GN'R. But don't alarm, this words are just mine.

So, what about your theory that if he did before, he'll do it again?
What do you want to know man ! ?
Yeah it's a possibility that Robin Finck could return to GN'R, yeah, it could happen. Nonetheless, he is the Nine Inch Nails guitar player.

No shit! So, don't take it as fact.
I didn't take it as fact. I only express my opinions strongly  hihi

I didn't read that.
Blindness ?

WOW! I didn't see that coming!
The fact that I love Slash has nothing to do with my opinion towards Robin Finck. As a proof of it i can say that I REALLY like Richard Fortus and Bumblefoot (and Bucket) is a speed machine.

Sure. Roll Eyes
I wouldn't like to discuss this but....are you insinuating that Robin Finck could be considered at the same level of SLASH ?

No, actually I don't feel bad. I can respect if you dislike him. I'm just amused how people often forget about writing and incense other players just because of technical skills/speed. As much as I love Richard and BBF (and Bucket, for that matter), Robin wrote key parts in the new songs.
Use the ''he wrote a lot of new songs'' argument when i could go to a store and buy the album.

Oh please. Just google for Robin pics in GNR.
Nah, i don't like Robin Finck pics playing solos created by Slash more than 20 years ago...

Maybe the problem is not with the other users rather than yourself then.
I don't think so. I have LOT of ''forum friends'' and people whom i argue about these topics are similar to you.

Don't get angry man. We can coexist here.

Javito.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 07:37:51 PM by Javier Ochoa » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3096 on: August 08, 2008, 08:16:56 PM »

fuck slash.  shut the fuck up.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3097 on: August 08, 2008, 09:08:16 PM »

well that's a real constructive post-you sound as if you'd rather fuck robin
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3098 on: August 08, 2008, 09:57:03 PM »

well that's a real constructive post-you sound as if you'd rather fuck robin
it wasnt' meant to be constructive.  its a simple response to very unnecessary off-topic bullshit that doesn't need to be in this thread.

and i dont swing that way.  fuck you for saying i do.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3099 on: August 08, 2008, 10:50:06 PM »

"and guitarist Robin Finck, who has returned to NIN after a decade with Guns n' Roses."

jeez...to think that some of the new gnr guys are close to surpassing the original members' tenure in the band (Robin and Tommy).
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: