Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:21:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 784692 times)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #2940 on: June 28, 2008, 12:38:18 AM »

Robin has contributed so much to GNR.  He's a young guy who has been holed up in a studio for about 12 years (minus touring with GNR and NIN).

As a musician, I don't blame him.  Let the man do his thing.  I support him.

GNR is Axl right now.  Unless a reunion happens, it's Axls gig.  GNR will move on if Robins gone.

I say let Robin do his thing.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2941 on: June 28, 2008, 11:07:58 AM »

i agree. robin is great. maybe it's not that he's off... it may be just you.  no

and sloppy players btw... are some of the greatest we have ever had...

jimmy page, slash, jimi hendrix, and stevie ray vaughn... all "sloppy" players that hit more than a few sour notes every once in a while.
 ok

Mentioning Page and Hendrix together with Finck....just wow.

They weren't sloppy all the time....Finck is. And it is very noticable if you hear him beside Fortus (compare the NR solos), who is the best player in GnR at the moment to me. Fortus should get all leads in my opinion, he ripssss.

Finck is a professional performer, meaning he knows how to connect with the audience with his moves, stage presence and stuff, but his lead playing? Come on now....

It's not just me, I have been to a few shows now and was there with at least a half a dozen friends always..they all said it. Maybe we all are hearing it then and the Finck fans have better ears  peace

I would agree that Finck is a bit sloppy... though I saw him in 2006 and his solos were spot on and almost flawless all night (as opposed to the 2001-02 concerts).  He played the intro for Chinese Democracy a bit like they do it for WTTJ where they let the riff linger a bit, and it was awesome ! The thing is, he plays with passion, and I have no doubt that he's a great songwriter.. and that is so much more important than playing perfect.
Look at Ingwie Malmsteem... the guy can play anything.. but everything he does is worthless because he can't write a decent song with passion, they are all empty...

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2942 on: June 28, 2008, 11:12:39 AM »

i agree. robin is great. maybe it's not that he's off... it may be just you.  no

and sloppy players btw... are some of the greatest we have ever had...

jimmy page, slash, jimi hendrix, and stevie ray vaughn... all "sloppy" players that hit more than a few sour notes every once in a while.
 ok

Yeah but all those guyswrote some of the most legendary,amazing, memorable all time great riffs/solos in music history.

So there is definitely a difference in their sloppy and Robin's sloppy.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2943 on: June 28, 2008, 11:45:44 AM »

though I saw him in 2006 and his solos were spot on and almost flawless all night (as opposed to the 2001-02 concerts).

I saw professional reviews stating the same. he sounded more slash than slash would according to a critic.
uk_shaun
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #2944 on: June 28, 2008, 01:20:47 PM »

though I saw him in 2006 and his solos were spot on and almost flawless all night (as opposed to the 2001-02 concerts).

I saw professional reviews stating the same. he sounded more slash than slash would according to a critic.

Live Slash sounds raw and drops notes here and there, and thats not a criticism.
Robin emulates the sound Slash makes on the albums, so he can sound more Slash than Slash, when playing live.
Robin comes into his own when performing his own work, and the track Better is proof of this.
This is one reason why it would be really bad for Guns N'Roses if Robin has departed, as the fans (of GN'R) could find themselves putting up with a guitarist who covers Slash, and Robins's work, without playing anything of his (or her) own work.
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #2945 on: June 28, 2008, 03:43:07 PM »

Yours means a lot obviously  peace

Can't you go be a douchebag somewhere else?

If you, the biggest "douchebag" on this forum goes, I will join you  peace

This signature is very funny.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2946 on: June 28, 2008, 03:50:44 PM »

Weren't you asked to stop being a fucking douchebag at least once already?

Unless you start respecting others here, you will definitely join a certain group of people....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2947 on: June 28, 2008, 05:02:01 PM »

Yeah but all those guyswrote some of the most legendary,amazing, memorable all time great riffs/solos in music history.

dude, you make no fucking sense at all.. as usual.

what is the connection to writing songs and performing music live?  THERE ISN'T ANY!   Robin is not sloppy, he is one of the best guitar players in the business.   That is why he is sought out by guys like Trent and Axl and you are posting your songs on your myspace page.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #2948 on: June 29, 2008, 04:00:51 AM »

dude, you make no fucking sense at all.. as usual.

what is the connection to writing songs and performing music live?  THERE ISN'T ANY!   Robin is not sloppy, he is one of the best guitar players in the business.   That is why he is sought out by guys like Trent and Axl and you are posting your songs on your myspace page.

Right on the face hihi

But...is good..sometimes is good to make see reality to some people who talks just for the sake of talking...

Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #2949 on: June 29, 2008, 06:07:20 AM »

Where did you ask me? Didn' t see it. And if it's ok for others to call names or give their opinion about a situation, why not me too? peace

Weren't you asked to stop being a fucking douchebag at least once already?

Unless you start respecting others here, you will definitely join a certain group of people....

/jarmo

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2950 on: June 29, 2008, 02:09:30 PM »

atillla are you dear ol nesquick? you were asked by a mod and by many posters including me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2951 on: June 29, 2008, 02:15:43 PM »

Live Slash sounds raw and drops notes here and there, and thats not a criticism.
Robin emulates the sound Slash makes on the albums, so he can sound more Slash than Slash, when playing live.
Robin comes into his own when performing his own work, and the track Better is proof of this.

guess that's what the critic meant.
robin is very much like axl of a guitarist version.  yes
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #2952 on: July 01, 2008, 12:59:08 PM »

atillla are you dear ol nesquick? you were asked by a mod and by many posters including me.

Some people just get offended so easily, while it's just words on a PC screen... Wink

Finck seems to be very happy in NiN, I saw some videos now and he fits that overrated band better than GnR, so case closed as far as I am concerned  peace

axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2953 on: July 18, 2008, 01:13:51 AM »

Just wondering I don't really care how he looks as long as he's playing well but what would he do if they decided they wanted to tour and he's dressed up like he is in NIN. Last tour he had his hair grown out and actually looked approachable and human. I couldn't imagine taking someone seriously dressed up like an Anti Christ.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2954 on: July 18, 2008, 01:20:35 AM »

this is what he looks like these days
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nineinchnails/2553335928/

pretty fucking cool.

and if you don't agree, what does it really matter anyways?  he's one of the best guitarists in the biz today.   thats what matters.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #2955 on: July 18, 2008, 02:07:06 AM »

I'm a freakin' huge Robin fan, but I must say, I really don't care for his look now. His '06-'07 look just seemed like it's what he should look like. I really liked his Summer '02 look, as well (VMA's, Leeds)...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #2956 on: July 18, 2008, 06:45:39 AM »

He looked more like a rocker on the last Guns tour...oh well, as long as he can still play...

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2957 on: July 18, 2008, 07:17:06 AM »

He should come out in a GN'R Chinese Democracy t-shirt. Or the one the photo from  Slash's book..
greendog
« Reply #2958 on: July 18, 2008, 07:46:07 AM »

Robin looks amazing in the new NIN videos. ok Not that it matters, but he looks the part.

His style changes all the time anyway, so fear not you lot saying he doesn't look great... I'm sure somewhere down the line you will get a version of Robin that you can cream over. Roll Eyes

As we all know... how one looks determins the quality of ones performance.  Roll Eyes
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2959 on: July 18, 2008, 08:55:24 AM »

Just wondering I don't really care how he looks as long as he's playing well but what would he do if they decided they wanted to tour and he's dressed up like he is in NIN. Last tour he had his hair grown out and actually looked approachable and human. I couldn't imagine taking someone seriously dressed up like an Anti Christ.

So looking like the Anti Christ is not cool, but looking like Jesus Christ is ok?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: