Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 10:46:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 747664 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2880 on: June 24, 2008, 02:26:16 AM »

he lets you back and this is how you thank him?   you've been making off-topic complaints and whining for long enough I think and as a poster here its annoying and I'm allowed to comment on it.

Yes, my "rhiad rocks" comment(didnt mention the leaks or post a youtube link) in the youtube thread,  and my "its a sad day in gnr land today" comment(in this thread),  was really out of line. Your right uncle jim I should be so grateful that Jarmo let me back after I made those comments. I wonder which rule I broke with those comments. I mean they were so out of line. Shame on me

i think as a poster here your whining and complaining of my whining and complaing is annoying as well. And Im allowed to comment on it too!

btw for the most part I dont see anyone echoing your thoughts. If anything, I have recieved pms over the months from people who have agreed with my "whining and complaining" go figure!! Shocked
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 02:32:55 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2881 on: June 24, 2008, 02:43:38 AM »

if you have such a problem with how this place is run, why not just go elsewhere?    the topic here is Robin's status in the band and his tour with NIN.   Not why younggunner isn't happy about jarmo's rules.   get over yourself.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2882 on: June 24, 2008, 02:48:00 AM »

Jarmo is the one who brought up a post I made on another site in this thread! If Jarmo doesnt mind going bak n forth with me about it in this thread, why do you>?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2883 on: June 24, 2008, 07:34:56 AM »

Jarmo is the one who brought up a post I made on another site in this thread! If Jarmo doesnt mind going bak n forth with me about it in this thread, why do you>?

Nice try.

Take some fucking responsibility for what you're doing for once.

You went off topic whining about this board and I replied to that.

Your post was aimed at me. You even mentioned my name!

The spirit of GNR for me is that there shouldnt be any boundaries in whatever you may take on. You should approach eveything you do with all that you have.

Awww, how poetic.

I'm glad you live by this yourself since your whining definitely has no boundaries.

I'm not gonna say anything about whether or not I think this site is run, and/or I personally conduct myself, that way so you don't get the idea that I think I'm in the band or this site is the band.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:23:17 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #2884 on: June 24, 2008, 07:52:41 AM »

I hope I don't lack GNR Spirit...  Undecided
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #2885 on: June 24, 2008, 08:40:28 AM »

its beyond stupid the way certain things handled here but its not my site and it does me absolutley no good to bitch about it. i get accused and labled faster than i did in high school in 1997 for wearning a GNR shirt Roll Eyes  i cant kneel at Jarmo's altar of Axl Rose, I couldnt wake up in the morning and look myself in the mirror. coming to this site and wanting balanced pro and con GnR conversations is a big waste of time. i am a realist, i cant buy htgth brand of gnr nor can i buy other sites brand of gnr. i like forming my own opinions  and dont like somebody telling me what to believe because thats what they believe.
now spme people might say my opinons are based of hear say and its not the truth. so im not cool, fuckin sue me, but the moment i change who i am to satisfy some peeps ive never met is the moment i stop  logging on.

i repect the rules here for the most part and usually make a  effort to not break rules and cause my revered karma to go in the negative. the way the gnr community has shifted since the 06' tour has really turned me off the boards and my activity on them has pretty much ceased to exist. i cant relate to alot of the bitching,moaning, groaning about this or that. you either are so far for gnr it makes me sick or ur so far against gnr it makes me laugh at their reason for even being where they are.

i dont like the way gnr treats there fans and for the most part i dont like the way fans treat gnr. its funny to me that some dude leaks songs and we dont know the name to one so a fan asks bumblefoot to name the tune.. i seriously LOLed at that. hey we stole ur guys shit but dont know the name to one song, think u could take time out of ur day to name it... i mean u gotta have brass ballz to do some shit like that

anyway, i see both sides of the coin, i understand where a poster like younggunner comes from and i see where jarmo comes from on what he allows and whatnot, i dont agree all the time but i guess if u cut the shit at the start then other posters will just have to remember there username/password at other sites..err...i forgot all mine 

on topic... i really hope robin comes back, i saw his new vid w/ nin and he did a really good job. i love his gibson les pauls peace

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2886 on: June 24, 2008, 10:12:44 AM »

its beyond stupid the way certain things handled here but its not my site and it does me absolutley no good to bitch about it. i get accused and labled faster than i did in high school in 1997 for wearning a GNR shirt Roll Eyes  i cant kneel at Jarmo's altar of Axl Rose, I couldnt wake up in the morning and look myself in the mirror. coming to this site and wanting balanced pro and con GnR conversations is a big waste of time. i am a realist, i cant buy htgth brand of gnr nor can i buy other sites brand of gnr. i like forming my own opinions  and dont like somebody telling me what to believe because thats what they believe.
now spme people might say my opinons are based of hear say and its not the truth. so im not cool, fuckin sue me, but the moment i change who i am to satisfy some peeps ive never met is the moment i stop  logging on.

i repect the rules here for the most part and usually make a  effort to not break rules and cause my revered karma to go in the negative. the way the gnr community has shifted since the 06' tour has really turned me off the boards and my activity on them has pretty much ceased to exist. i cant relate to alot of the bitching,moaning, groaning about this or that. you either are so far for gnr it makes me sick or ur so far against gnr it makes me laugh at their reason for even being where they are.

i dont like the way gnr treats there fans and for the most part i dont like the way fans treat gnr. its funny to me that some dude leaks songs and we dont know the name to one so a fan asks bumblefoot to name the tune.. i seriously LOLed at that. hey we stole ur guys shit but dont know the name to one song, think u could take time out of ur day to name it... i mean u gotta have brass ballz to do some shit like that

anyway, i see both sides of the coin, i understand where a poster like younggunner comes from and i see where jarmo comes from on what he allows and whatnot, i dont agree all the time but i guess if u cut the shit at the start then other posters will just have to remember there username/password at other sites..err...i forgot all mine 

on topic... i really hope robin comes back, i saw his new vid w/ nin and he did a really good job. i love his gibson les pauls peace
Good post.  Funny part about asking BBF the name of "song 2".  Never really thought of it that way, but you're right, that does take some brass balls.  I understand why some people could be upset with how things are run here, but what I don't understand is how they bitch and complain over and over and over to no avail.  It's not getting them anywhere.  I don't know if they feel like they're fighting the good fight for the little guy or what.  You know the rules here, so deal with it.  You're not gonna cause a revolution and overthrow the site, it's useless.  Stop trying to be a hero.  Go elsewhere to discuss certain topics that aren't discussed here.  You have PLENTY of choices.  I really don't see what the big deal is.

As far as Robin, I just hope we hear SOMETHING about him sometime soon, because I don't think we'll hear anything until GNR is active again and ready to roll.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #2887 on: June 24, 2008, 10:49:11 AM »

On a sidenote : I respect the way this board is handled but since so many things are forbidden to be discussed here people are nearly forced to visit other boards. I really like this board but i am not sure if it develops into the right direction these days.
Sometimes it feels like this board lacks of independence ... Sorry for criticism...

well after reading through a lot of bitching and whining and "blah blahh blah blahh blahh stuff"
( Youngunner and Jarmo : you both have valid points here ) i suddenly remembered the title of the thread and if you would ak me :

Robin might be gone for good this time ..
If that's the case we certainly need to ask ourselves:  why now??
CD has never been closer to it's release, right ? At least that is what we think  Roll Eyes

So what is it ? Some people are saying we are in for a reunion because Tommy is also doing a lot of solo stuff  and maybe drift away (also ) ...
Surprisingly two well known musicians from an earlier period of GNR might be available now...
But a reunion is out of question if youn ask me ......

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #2888 on: June 24, 2008, 10:59:06 AM »

yeah, I don't think Axl has any interest in a reunion... first the concept is flawed since GNR never actually broke up... just certain members decided to leave and they were replaced. 
Also I don't see Slash fitting the new sound... I don't know maybe in another 10 years Axl might invite him to join the band again
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #2889 on: June 24, 2008, 11:01:36 AM »

why don't you post all your complainings and criticism in the admin section for a change? meh... this is a robin thread, ya know. there are lots of other threads where you can bash on jarmo's choices. you can start one too.  i  don't understand why some post when they obviously don't like the way the board is run. if you're not happy just shut up or post where it's appropriate or leave.  beer

there's nothing to add about Robin, let's leave it as it is until we hear more. NIN's tour will start very soon and it's possible Robin will talk during band interviews. Just gotta be patient.  

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2890 on: June 24, 2008, 11:07:22 AM »

Nice try.

Take some fucking responsibility for what you're doing for once.

You went off topic whining about this board and I replied to that.

Your post was aimed at me. You even mentioned my name!
Some of my post was aimed at you. The other was aimed at another poster. You didnt even quote any of my "whining" comments. You quoted a legitamate question I had regarding RHiad. If that is complaining then whatever. I simply asked why Rhiad is different than CD,Madagascar, etc and why cant we atleast doscuss that.

You then proceeded to quote a post I made on another forum. So you obiviously dont mind going back and forth about me whining and complaining.

i like forming my own opinions  and dont like somebody telling me what to believe because thats what they believe.
you either are so far for gnr it makes me sick or ur so far against gnr it makes me laugh at their reason for even being where they are.

two excellent statements/points

I understand why some people could be upset with how things are run here, but what I don't understand is how they bitch and complain over and over and over to no avail.  It's not getting them anywhere.  I don't know if they feel like they're fighting the good fight for the little guy or what.  You know the rules here, so deal with it.  You're not gonna cause a revolution and overthrow the site, it's useless.  Stop trying to be a hero.  Go elsewhere to discuss certain topics that aren't discussed here.  You have PLENTY of choices.  I really don't see what the big deal is.

You probably are referring to me, but I pretty much agree with what your saying. The only reason why I "bitch and complain" is because I think this is the only site worth bitching and complaing for. This was the site for GNR fans in regards to news and discussion. Not only that it was well organized and moderated. By that I dont mean censored. I just mean there were no useless threads, spammers, and trouble makers. People were still allowed to have a different opinion back in the day. Maybe Im going crazy, but it doesnt seem like that anymore.

But your right, the rules are the rules. Its not our site its his. There are plenty of other GNR forums to get what you want to say in. You are 100% right about that. Its ashame things have to run like this but I guess your right. I understand the whining can be redundant but just like you dont get why it continues, I dont get why Jarmo cant take any of it into consideration. You know what I mean? Instead of having this stubborn, I do things my way attitude, why not take into consideration what people are saying? Maybe Im wrong with that, I dont know. Im not the only one "complaining".  But overall you are correct, there re plenty of other sites. I will make an effort to quit the redundant complaints on how the forum is run. GNR complaints, if any arise, not included.

why don't you post all your complainings and criticism in the admin section for a change? meh... this is a robin thread, ya know. there are lots of other threads where you can bash on jarmo's choices. you can start one too.  i  don't understand why some post when they obviously don't like the way the board is run. if you're not happy just shut up or post where it's appropriate or leave.

Threads can run through the mill with complaints because it gets frustrating when your opinions on the actual topic get deleted because they do not meet the satisfaction of the people with the delete button. So it goes hand in hand

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 11:26:19 AM by younggunner » Logged

Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #2891 on: June 24, 2008, 11:26:48 AM »

Thank you Groovie.  Cheesy Is cuda charlie charlie clouser himself?  Shocked

why don't you post all your complainings and criticism in the admin section for a change? meh... this is a robin thread, ya know. there are lots of other threads where you can bash on jarmo's choices. you can start one too.  i  don't understand why some post when they obviously don't like the way the board is run. if you're not happy just shut up or post where it's appropriate or leave.

Threads can run through the mill with complaints because it gets frustrating when your opinions on the actual topic get deleted because they do not meet the satisfaction of the people with the delete button. So it goes hand in hand

you're trying to drive me off topic! i know it  Tongue anyways, i understand what you feel about deletion because some of my posts were deleted too. anyway$ i didn't try to pick an argument with a mod or with jarmo himself. i'm not trying to be an ass kisser but i can understand it's not okay to cross certain steps. some stuff should be in the nin section, some should be in the admin board and that's what drove me away from this thread for more than a month. some people (maybe you  Shocked ) keep on arguing with jarmo. it's not okay... and if what jarmo says is true, it's definitely not okay to go on other boards to shit talk about him. it's really lame if you ask me.  Roll Eyes

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2892 on: June 24, 2008, 11:31:22 AM »

and if what jarmo says is true, it's definitely not okay to go on other boards to shit talk about him. it's really lame if you ask me.
again, I would have been more than happy to post it here. But if I did it would have been deleted. When I actually take his and other peoples advice and post on other forums, you then complain about what I say. Just like when I say stuff here you claim that Im attacking him.  You cant have it both ways. So either way I cant win with you people.

And for the record....I wasnt really talking that much shit about Jarmo. He also fails to mention  the props I gave him as well.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2893 on: June 24, 2008, 11:39:15 AM »

again, I would have been more than happy to post it here. But if I did it would have been deleted.

You are a comedian.

One week you complain about me insulting you and then you say you'd be happy to post insults aimed at me here.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #2894 on: June 24, 2008, 11:50:14 AM »

and if what jarmo says is true, it's definitely not okay to go on other boards to shit talk about him. it's really lame if you ask me.
again, I would have been more than happy to post it here. But if I did it would have been deleted. When I actually take his and other peoples advice and post on other forums, you then complain about what I say. Just like when I say stuff here you claim that Im attacking him.  You cant have it both ways. So either way I cant win with you people.

And for the record....I wasnt really talking that much shit about Jarmo. He also fails to mention  the props I gave him as well.

anyways, would your comments have a place in this thread?

no because they're mostly off topic.

younggunner, i don't want to attack you as a person. i don't know you anyway. its just this argument thing  in the wrong section. it's annoying for people like me who want to read other people's opinions on Robin's departure. arguments can be fun but when people do use almost every thread to argue, they're not funny anymore.   ok
personally i hate arguments. i'm trying to make you realise that you're wasting your time.  ok it's barren, it won't lead you anywhere but to more frustration. don't waste your time and your energy on that man.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2895 on: June 24, 2008, 12:01:12 PM »

I think he and others have been told to leave feedback and suggestions in the right section on numerous occasions.

Yet he keeps doing it in different threads all over the board and then calls me stubborn.

With that, I'm done with younggunner and his highly original posts for this time.

/jarmo

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2896 on: June 24, 2008, 12:27:29 PM »

it's annoying for people like me who want to read other people's opinions on Robin's departure.

it's also annoying for people like me to see others already calling it a departure. other than Robin playing with NIN for the time being, there's no confirmation. Otherwise I totally agree with you.
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #2897 on: June 24, 2008, 12:37:32 PM »

it's annoying for people like me who want to read other people's opinions on Robin's departure.

it's also annoying for people like me to see others already calling it a departure. other than Robin playing with NIN for the time being, there's no confirmation. Otherwise I totally agree with you.

i didn't mean that as a permanent status. i was merely thinking about people who get mad and speculate about Robin's decision. robin said about 'playing'. so did justin meldal-johnsen. playing doesn't mean joining and become a full time member. the way i see it robin is only killing the time. i said so somewhere in the first pages of this thread and i didn't change my mind about it.  ok

uk_shaun
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #2898 on: June 24, 2008, 01:13:14 PM »

I cannot believe my post was removed. What I wrote was really quite ok  peace
manicstreet
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2899 on: June 24, 2008, 01:16:34 PM »

I guarantee that we will get an answer the week of July 25, 2008 - August 2, 2008. Why you ask? Because that is the first week of the NIN tour and they will be doing interviews, publicity etc. to generate talk of the tour. Also in newspaper reviews they will say former Gn'R guitarist Robin Finck is back in the band & that will force the Guns camp to make an official anouncement. So until then lets just sit tight and wait till the "verbal sparring" begins in late July.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: